Start by marking “The Wish (The Amish of Cedar Grove #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wish (The Amish of Cedar Grove #1)

The Wish

(The Amish of Cedar Grove #1)

Second chances come at the most unexpected times...Widow Laura Beth Yoder longs for a family of her own. So much so that she's preparing to leave the sleepy Amish town she calls home to find love. But a terrible storm washes out the creek, forcing her to wade in and save the life of an Englisch man and his adorable infant son. As they recover at the farm, the baby brings s ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published April 30th 2019 by Hqn

To ask other readers questions about The Wish, please sign up.
Patricia Davids There are 3 planned books in this series. I'm always open to another contract if the publisher offers it.

Deanne Patterson
Ever have one of those books that you don't want to put down and you skip lunch because you can't tear yourself away from it to prepare lunch? Yes, that would be this book.
This is the start of a new series, The Amish of Ceder Grove.
When an ex-Amish man has an accident in a sleepy Kansas Amish town he has no idea how his and his infant son's life would change. Rescuing an Englisher and his boy from a flooding car after the bridge is washed out is not what widow Laura Beth Yoder expects to be doi
Maureen Timerman
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
When it is said that “God doesn’t make any mistakes”, it sure seems to apply to this story. When it seems that all in life that can go wrong does, and then impossible dreams begin to happen, do you walk away. Now that is the question that will be making you page turn, and sometimes as fast as you can.
We have offered to us a young woman who has the heart desire to become a mother, but the small town she lives in doesn’t have much to offer a widow.
Then the author gives us a troubled young widower
Kathy
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

The first installment in The Amish of Cedar Grove series, The Wish by Patricia Davids is a heartwarming novel of redemption, healing and love.

Widow Laura Beth Yoder loved her husband, but she is ready to remarry and hopefully have the family she has long dreamed of.  However, there is a serious lack of eligible men to marry in her small community in Kansas so she is making plans to move to Ohio. Laura Beth is hoping that expanding her pumpkin crop will provide her the funds she needs t
Romancebooksandmore
Laura Beth is a widow living in a small Amish community with a lack of men, she is widowed but longs for children so she figures moving to Ohio is the right thing to do.

Joshua King is a man who has a checkered past, he left the Amish faith as a teen and married an Amish girl who died of Cancer, now he has to take the son he never knew he had to his in laws he's never met.

Along the way he gets into an accident and is saved by Laura Beth, is this gods will what does he have in store for the two
Dawn
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wish will have you cheering the characters and grieving with them. This story shows us that sometimes things from our past are not as the seem and that the future may be right in front of our eyes. I love the characters of Joshua and Laura Beth and how they must rely on God's forgiveness to move forward.
This review is my opinion and I was under no obligation to leave a positive review. Thank you Patricia for the honor of reading and reviewing your book.
Tambra
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this in 3 hours. Patricia is one of my favorite amish writers. Great stories, always keeps you interested. I love all her books. Great Amish author. Pick up one of her books, you will love them.
JoAnn
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Wish is a beautifully written inspirational romance. I loved the plot and the characters. I enjoyed the writing and look forward to reading more books by this author. I received an arc from Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Marti
The Wish by Patricia Davids

The Wish by Patricia Davids is a lovely love story about someone who believes they are unlovable and a community that helps him realize where he needs to be. The Amish Community in Kansas has some different rules than other communities. In this one the Amish are allowed to use tractors and propane to heat and run their appliances.

Into the community of Cedar Grove comes Joshua King and his young son Caleb. A son he is bringing to his dead wife’s relatives to raise. A s
Patti
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book! My heart went out to Laura Beth immediately that she would go to such lengths to fulfil her dreams. Joshua took me a little longer to warm up to due to his abrasive personality. However, once I saw through the wall he tried so hard to build around his feelings, I began rooting for him to let go of himself and realize what he had! This book is a rollercoaster of emotions and a great read!
Maija
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advanced copy of The Wish, by Patricia Davids for an honest review. I loved reading this beautiful love story. When Joshua King and his infant son Caleb nearly lost their lives, Laura Beth Yoder took on the flood waters along with God’s help, and she saved their lives. An Amish woman, longing to be a mother, and a man who longed to be loved, find their lives forever changed and prayers answered.
Kathy
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wish is a well written story with a plot that grabbed me & held my interest.
Laura Beth & Joshua are both widowers. She is especially unfulfilled because she desperately wants children & is planning to sell her Kansas farm to move to a larger Amish community in Ohio.
Joshua has had a difficult life and has a lot of pain from things that happened to him in his childhood.
As they got to know each other, I was really hoping the best for both of them. I loved the book and I was still k
Jacqueline Francis
This was a really sweet story! I loved the depth and wholeness of the characters. I could picture them all and they weren't perfect, which I enjoyed. There were some amazingly sweet moments and some that kept me on the edge of my seat!

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Dsbook
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very well written Amish romance. I really liked the characters and how the story progressed. This book show the Amish life and how one person deals with leaving the Amish life
Marsi Darcy
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really lovely book. The characters were likeable and I enjoyed reading about them.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC.
Karen
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to the Cedar Grove Amish Community
The Wish by Patricia Davids is the first book in The Amish of Cedar Grove series. The setting is not where most Amish settlements are like in Ohio or Pennsylvania, but in Kansas. The book is about Laura Beth, a widow who wants to move to Ohio and look for a new husband and start a family that she never had with her first husband. There are not many eligible men in her community, so moving to Ohio is her only choice until Joshua King came along with his i
Nancee
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Life is made up of second chances, and those second chances may turn out even better than we imagined they would. This Amish novel is based on heartache, but life has a way of turning things around when we least expect it. Laura Beth and Joshua have suffered extreme loss in their young lives, and although their lifestyles are drastically different, there are commonalities. Characterizations are very well developed, and the descriptive aspects in this book are pictorial. I could easily envision t ...more
Dana Busenbark
Who are Laura Beth and Sarah? What does Laura Beth tell her best friend? After getting home as a big storm has started hitting, what happens? Who are Amy, Joshua, and Caleb? I like Sarah's spunk when she confronts Joshua. She's a spitfire! What does Joshua tell Sarah that surprises her? I enjoyed meeting Julie!! As Joshua and Laura Beth sit and talk to Julie, while Thomas fixes her lawn mower, we learn more about Amy. There were parts of this story that were hard to read because of their ssadnes ...more
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Davids delivers her trademark warmth and wit once again. Engaging characters leap off the page and into the heart, and readers will quickly embrace quietly-strong Laura Beth Yoder and her somewhat flighty younger sister. Joshua King perhaps takes a bit longer to warm up to, but it makes sense, given his complicated backstory. Their initial meeting is unique, and their relationship progresses uniquely as well, keeping the story from being too predictable. Laura Beth’s yearning for a family is ten ...more
Debi Quebodeaux-smith