Start by marking “Best Love” as Want to Read:
Best Love

Best Love

Noah and Sage have been best friends since they were seven when Sage climbed over the wall between their childhood homes. They know everything about each other apart from one small thing. Noah is hopelessly in love with Sage and doesn't ever intend to tell him.

However, fate has other plans. A dating website with a glitch in its system leads Sage to challenge Noah. Two da
Published September 15th 2018 by Lily Morton (first published February 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Best Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Love

Start your review of Best Love
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm soooo disappointed right now. 😭

I thought this was a new Lily Morton book and one-clicked the hell out of it. But it turns out I've already read this story as part of the fabulous Heart2Heart Anthology.

I didn't realize my mistake until I started reading and felt a strange sense of deja vu.

It's still a great story, but I want something new and shiny, please.

EDITED TO ADD: I reread the story, and the epilogue, which is brilliant, is NEW! Also, I enjoyed it just as much the second time around.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Cute*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The short story centers around author Noah Sutton and his best friend and tattoo artist, Sage Higgins. Noah has been in love with Sage for a long time and has come to the finalization that they will never be. Why would someone as cool and vibrant be with someone so..boring? So he decides to enter a dating app, and strangely he ends up being matched with Sage. They (Sage) agree (says) to go on two dates; as friends, right? Overall, the story was cute, though had little dept
☆ Todd
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

This short story was a fun read, with a good number of feels, topped off with a pretty steamy scene at the very end.

Longtime best friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes, so this was a huge win for me.

I'd definitely recommend it to any fans of Lily Morton's work. : )

I'd rate it at around 4.25 stars, with my only complaint being that it wasn't a longer story.

-----------------------------------------------

This book is *FREE* with Kindle Unlimited membership.

Bev
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love me a friends to lovers story and this cute shorty ticked all my boxes 💖
Lorraine Lesar
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let’s be truthful here, Lily Morton never disappoints and this friends to lovers trope was no exception.
As with all her books, the humour was rife which of course adds that extra magic ingredient to the already tasty dish.
But there’s something really strange going on.....I’m sure I’ve read it before? I’ve obviously checked my reading records and no ‘reads’ have been accredited to my name or reviews either.....nothing, nada. Maybe I’ve lost my scatty bookreaders mind? (which of course is a stron
Cadiva
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Date's wrong but I read this originally as part of the Heart2Heart Anthology and it was awesome.

Set in York, a city I know so very well, with a flyby visit to the gorgeous coastal town of Staithes, it was just a fabulous best friends to lovers romance.
Trio
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very sweet short story, friends to lovers - with a really fun twist at the end.
Lyndy Ann ♫
A short story about two best friends Noah and Sage who thanks to a dating app FINALLY admit to each other how they really feel for each other.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

This was really cute. You get friends to lovers AND opposites attract!

The guys were a little dense for my liking when it came to seeing the signs that were OBVIOUSLY there that they've had feelings for each other for a while...BUT, I still thought they were super adorable with their fake dates that were clearly customized for each other.

If you're looking for a quick and cute friends to lovers tale definitely give this one a go! It's the perfect book to read on a lazy afternoon or
Caz Malpas
3.5 SHORT, SWEET & PERFECTLY FORMED STARS!

Two best friends, one secretly in love with the other find themselves put together by a fluke. They go on two dates, but will they ever get to expose their true feelings?
Very short read with no angst at all.
A pleasant way to spend an hour or so!
Mónica BQ
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cute, sweet, but ultimately underdeveloped. Roll-your-eyes epilogue. Nothing more than that.
Para pasar el rato y nada más.
I haven't read anything more from Lily Morton, but at the moment I'm not rushing out to buy her backlist.
Eugenia
Awww!!!!!! Fabulous feel-good short!

What a sweet, delightful love story! This made me hum inside and smile on the outside!!!

Best friends finally accept the attraction between them thanks to a dating app. Adorable!!! And sexy, sexy, sexy!!

And best of all, we get an HEA in the Mediterranean! Read it.....you will not regret it...Lily Morton rocks!!
Snjez
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-reads

I enjoyed this story a lot. It was truly heartwarming.

The MCs were lovable, sweet and perfect together.

Lily Morton's writing was wonderful, as usual. I loved the flashbacks, especially the scene when they first met at the age of 7. So adorable.

And the epilogue - one of the sweetest ever!
Ariana
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
*4,5 stars*

What an utterly cute, sweet and heart warming short story.
And hot. Did I mention hot?
Of course there is some banter, too. This is Lily Morton!

Highly recommend this!
BR11
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a short novella. Ok, but nothing to call home about. The MCs were sweet.
Amy
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
***3.5 stars*** A cute best friends-to-lovers story.
Karen Wellsbury
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet story about a couple who finally realise that love is in the air.
Sara
This was perfect.
GAH!
I love a friends to lovers story where they have been friends since they were kids.
This was an amazing Valentine's Day date and day after date and all the days after that.
I always feel a bit melancholy when people have loved one another for years but never let it be known and lived with all that longing for who they want to be with.
That angst works in the pay off with this and I truly loved watching Noah and Sage really see each other for the first time.
All the first time
Zuzu
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very sweet story of how besties have secretly loved each other forever.
Sheri
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
With the new title, I didn't recognize this one.
It's part of the Heart2Heart anthology.
Enjoyed it then.
Enjoyed it now.
Especially the new addition at the end!
JadeSarah.
. “Because you’re my best everything. How could I not love you?”

This is the kind of book where you smile the whole way through.

Also the kind of book that you accidentally re-read lol.

As I started this it felt familiar, I convinced myself I must have read a snippet of it somewhere. Then I started remembering it more and turns out I read it already. In the Heart2Heart Anthology. I'm not big on Re-reading. Very few exceptions. But you know what? I was enjoying this I re-read it anyway and I'm
Lelyana

OMG this is wonderful. I loved Noah and Sage's first 'misunderstanding' meeting at the bakery.
And Lily Morton is one of my auto read author lately. Because, well I'm kinda have weakness for British lads, the location, the writing style. Sigh!
And Noah and Sage really did hit the spot right from the start.
Even though this one is a short story, it's not love at first sight.
I really enjoyed this story, though I wanted Sage and Noah's story to be longer. I really loved the epilogue!
Recommended!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Short, sweet, fun read from one of my new favorite authors.

Noah and Sage are besties who've never taken that first step toward more, until they are matched by a new app that guarantees finding their true love on Valentine's Day. This was originally published as part of an anthology that used a similar theme. Toward the end we learn the app crashed and the matches were not right. But by then we know they were. Because Noah and Sage did indeed belong together like peanut butter and jelly.

If you
Bev
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally read in the Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology anthology, and was my fave story. Amazing what a difference an editor makes 😉. This one has been expanded a little and been given a new shiny epilogue...which made me very happy indeed. ...more
Apolishedreader
Quick read with friends to lovers! This was adorable. They are both a bit hesitant and unwilling to see the signs for what they were. Had we watched this UST through the years as opposed to a few days, I think I would have bashed one or both of them over the head. Instead we are lucky to see them at the point where they are working out their feelings for each other. Loved it!
Vanna
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars! 💕It's a short story that I read a while back as a part of an anthology. Cute, light, funny and romantic story of friends to lovers. Lily Morton in one of my fav authors and this novella just has everything that she's known for.
Laurel
2.5

Short and sweet. Maybe a bit too sweet for my taste, but I’m sucker for the friends to lovers trope so I’m rounding up.
Amy B.
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star short story

I had such a disappointing read with my last book I needed a quick reset with something I knew would be good, so of course I reached for the only Lily Morton I haven’t read. She never disappoints!
This is a very short story of two lifelong best friends erroneously matched through an online dating site. They decide that since they haven’t spent much time together recently, they take each other on their version of a “perfect date.”
Single POV, though it’s clear that both MCs are h
Pjm12
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is so cute and adorkable and has all the feels, and really nice writing too.

So I loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Throwing Hearts
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Project Hero
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Out in the End Zone (Out in College, #2)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Five Fake Dates
  • To Have It All
  • The Castle (Love in O'Leary, #5.5)
  • Out in Spring (Out in College, #6)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Just the Tip
Lily is a bestselling gay romance author.

She lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.

She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else