Start by marking “Abundance (Abundance #1)” as Want to Read:
Abundance (Abundance #1)

Abundance

(The Abundance #1)

Misfortune comes to us all in some form...

For Natalie Cameron, misfortune came in the most unspeakable way imaginable, now she must try and rebuild her life while fighting her own dark demons, the town speculation, her arrogant brother and her raging desire for the kindest man she’s ever met.

Natalie Cameron, along with her young daughter, Dallas, is on the run from a p
Published September 15th 2018

Start your review of Abundance (Abundance #1)
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lovely read! Endearing and full of heart!
It has romance, drama and suspense and also wonderfully expresses the depth of raw human emotion and the strength it takes to overcome tragedy.

Misfortune comes to us all in some form...

For Natalie it came in the form of a mother's worst nightmare. Now she must try and rebuild her life making sure that her little 4 year old daughter is safe. But the past has left a very ugly mark and Natalie finds it difficult to pull her shattered self together. F
Love2ReadRomance
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abundance is a great, entertaining book that kept me on the edge of my seat! I fell in love with Jack, Natalie & Dallas. Love the country setting, and the author did a great job to paint the picture in my mind.
Joshua Grant
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Characters are what make or break a romance novel. Fortunately, the only thing that broke for me with Shanna Swenson’s Abundance was my heart. Single parent Natalie is running from the circumstances of a rough past with her daughter. When she breaks down near a small town, she finds help in more ways than one in the form of ranch hand Jack. This novel is heartfelt, I loved the characters so much, and Swenson hit me in the heart so many times making this one of the most memorable romances I’ve ev ...more
Jacob Rundle
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shanna did a really good job at creating a realistic world. A recently, divorced mom, Natalie, goes home to start over. I can feel for her character. On her journey to starting over and finding her old self, she meets Jack. Their world wined romance may not be the most realistic BUT it is still entertaining, and I really enjoyed it. A must-read for anyone who loves romance novels. I will be reading the next one!
Britney Chavez
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shanna is a new author to me and has now been added to my must read author list!
Abundance was an incredible cowboy romance! It had just the right amount of drama with a little added suspense but all the steamy love and romance you get with cowboys!

With everything Natalie and her daughter Dallie have been through, she ever excepted the strong, sexy cowboy Jack to come and save the day when she had finally hit her lowest of lows. But Natalie never knew he was also going to save her and bring her
C.R.
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-in-2019
Natalie and her sweet daughter Dallie are going home, leaving a horrible past and starting a new life in Abundance, Texas. Jack barges into her life like a whirlwind...a very handsome whirlwind! Can she overcome her past and trust this cowboy?

I LOVED this book so much! Romance, suspense, and true southern family charm! As a Texas resident, I loved how this story made me feel right at home. I cannot wait to see what's in store with the second book, Return to Abundance!
Allyn
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meet Natalie. Single mom of precious little Dallie, starting over after some hard life lessons and traumatic past. Where better to heal and find your feet? Home. Which for Natalie is Texas on her parents horse ranch.
I was sold at 'cowboy' but then, enter Jack. A complicated man in his own right, Jack works alongside Natalie's father training the horses. From the first meeting the two have a connection, Cowboy rescues damsel, and damsel finds she may need to leave the past and its hurts where the
Crystal
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for a honest review. It was my first time reading a cowboy romance and I enjoyed it! Natalie faced a lot of turmoil in her marriage, and needed to protect her daughter. Jack was a sweet and sexy cowboy. The story had some very serious situations, but a lot of love and some steamy, sexy moments. Shanna did a fabulous job with all the characters and the story line. The story has a Hope Floats movie vibe to it! A true southern, sexy romance with a heart of gold at the core.
Nicole Rodrigues
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really don't even have the right words to describe this book, but I will try. First, my heart absolutely shattered at so many parts in this novel. The things Nat and Dallie had to endure broke me and Nat's reluctance to let Jack into their lives frustrated me at times. After finding out the whole story, as a mother myself, I totally understood. Jack is a SAINT and treats Nat and Dallie like Queens despite Nat's ability to shut him down at every turn. The ending broke my heart into a million pi ...more
Evelyn Montgomery
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One word ... Jack!

I loved this book and getting drawn into Natalie and Jack’s story. It’s so beautiful, touching and romantic. Jack is the ideal man that we all crave, want and need. There needs to be more Jacks in the world. Can’t wait to dive into book 2 in the series.
Coco.V
Sep 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/10/2019)! 🎁
Gabrielle G.
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Natalie and her daughter made me feel so much. I couldn’t put it down last night and after a hard day, it’s exactly what I needed. I want to go back to Abundance, like right now.
Bella Emy
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story, well developed, awesome characters. Absolutely adored little Dallie. I loved this book. Kept me wanting to turn the pages. Great debut. Looking forward to more from this author.
Danielle
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Abundance is a charming novel that will sweep you away with romance, drama and suspense as it expresses the depth of raw human emotion and the strength it takes to overcome tragedy.”
* * *
I enjoyed reading Abundance! Set on a horse farm in Texas, the story follows Natalie Cameron and Jack Kinsen as they explore a new and emotional relationship in the wake of unspeakable tragedy. Natalie, emotionally shattered by her ex-husband’s actions, returns to her parents’ home seeking comfort and a fresh s
Merry Bones
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shared love, passion, and emotion
Abundance is the first in the series by Shanna Swenson. She has been writing since she was fourteen years old, but she always made it a hobby outside of her other careers. This book is one that has been a work in progress for almost two decade. The end result is a satisfying novel of thrills, secrets, and how love can overcome a great deal of tragedy. Natalie and Jack seemed to be destined for each other. They aren’t perfect, but they are perfect for each other.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a NEW to me author & books! Boy was I glad I got the chance to review this!! If you've read some of my review's you can tell by when I get a little to excited. HA! This was one of those! Nothing better than a alpha, broody protective cowboy!!

I want to start with Natalie because, I sometimes have a hard time connecting with the heroines. Natalie I TOTALLY CONNECTED WITH. The way she spoke and her choices (yes, she had some bad ones, we are only woman after-all) but I was able to just conn
Joy
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Natalie returns home to her family. After being married to a man she finds out she doesn't really know. Or the horrible things he was capable of.
Jack comes into her life proving what an honorable man can be. She learns how to trust again. And finds herself attracted to him. Their relationship grows as Jack patiently waits for her to realize he is nothing like her Ex-husband.
I think the story could have been made into 2 books. There seemed to be a lot of information shoved into 1. More details o
MJ
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book. I'm not a huge reader of romance, but everytime I do, I love it. This book has dark points, but truly lets the characters grow into themselves and overcome. It is endearing, romantic, realistic, and let me escape into it. Highly recommend, esp if you love romance.

For my full review, visit: https://aspiringauthorblog.blogspot.c...
K
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Is there anything better than a real cowboy? Natalie is returning home after a rough couple of years. Jack rides to her rescue(in his truck) and saves the day. Of course that was the first few pages. :) Then began the slow burn and back and forth. Jack is a tough guy who loves hard and I love that. Natalie & Jack are so sweet together. Throw in a crazy ex-husband and this is one heck of a book.
Bill Megenity
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story and the people

I really enjoyed meeting these folks and learning about them. I love the integrity they live through their lives. Thanks for writing the story.
Nyla K.
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok, let me start off by saying that I'm a city girl, through and through. I'm not into small-town romances, cowboys, or country music. They've just never really been my thing. *shrugs unapologetically*

That being said, this book was fucking AWESOME! It's a sweet, sassy romance with some suspense and darkness thrown in, which takes place in a rural farm town filled with cowboys, bull-riders, and farmhands. See my above statement. Right? So you'd think it just wouldn't be my cup of tea.

As soon as
Tracy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Abundance by Shanna Swenson is a romance story between Natalie Cameron and Jack Kinsen. Natalie and her daughter, Dallas, return home to Natalie's parents' ranch in Abundance, Texas, where she meets Jack, the foreman of the ranch. Despite Jack's kindness, Natalie is hostile toward him due to events that happened in Chicago. Can Natalie escape her past? Or will it follow her to Texas and succeed in coming between her and Jack?
I loved the characters Natalie and Jack. Natalie is newly divorced from
K.J.
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Nicholas Sparks and Nora Roberts will LOVE THIS BOOK! Ms. Shanna Swenson truly knows how to weave a story.

This is not some light-hearted, erotic/cliché romance novel. THIS book captures and exposes the human heart--in all its glory and flaws--through her well-developed characters and their complex dynamics. You'll find yourself absolutely LOVING some of the characters (especially Jack, Natalie, and Dallie), and you'll find yourself utterly HATING the antagonist. He is vile. I think I'll
Zuzu Lu
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shanna is a wonderful writer, really pulled me into the story. Natalie, the main character, is newly divorced from a horrible man, and heading back home to her parents to heal. She has a 4year old little girl, Dalli, who has had a very traumatic beginning. I found the first 30 percent of the book very hard for me to read, I have a high empathy and easily triggered and sensitive to horrible things happening to children. It is a nightmare situation that Natalie has been through.
Jack, her parents
Jamie - The Bookish Attitude
ARC Read 😊

First off let me start by saying, Cowboy books normally aren't my thing, I can count on one hand the number I've read.
In case your wondering, it's like four.
Shanna Swenson blew my expectations.

ultimately I felt the time line was longer than indicated, but this story was a slow burn.

Jack was such a gentleman, a true nice guy.
There was no badboy cowboy vibes at all. And ya know that was in the end my favorite thing about him.

Natalie and her daughter Dallie have been through so muc
Keely Pitts
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

Natalie Cameron is a strong female character from the start. Her car is broken down in a remote country road in Texas, her daughter is hungry, and all she wants to do is leave behind her life in Chicago and make a fresh start. Even when everything feels like it is going wrong, her “knight in shining armor” finds her singing to her daughter and showing more strength than some women would be able to have during this kind of life crisis. Rather than swoon upon first sight, she reveals he
Waverly Alexander
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abundance by Shanna Swenson was everything I hoped it would be. Jack is a gentle, warm, logical hero that will make you melt. And Natalie is strong. First because she has to be, and then because she just is. I love that Jack's role as the Hero doesn't overshadow Natalie's strength or somehow downplay what she's been through. He's her support, and their relationship is believable from the start. You'll want them to have the happily ever after they deserve. Dallie, Natalie's daughter, was one of m ...more
Haley James
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nicole is an outstanding writer and she did a wonderful job in this character driven romance. A young mother who returns home after breaking free from an abusive relationship—only to find herself attracted to a handsome cowboy who lives at her parents’ ranch. Their attraction is almost immediate and the sexual tension is on high-gear all through the story. There were a few things though, in my opinion, that just didn’t merit 5 stars. There were too many characters in the story—and every single m ...more
Debbie
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a well written book with some great characters that most people would love but I think the author didn’t give us the full drama that this story line could have produced. This could have been an amazing, thrilling read if some of evil side of the plot was filled out and explored more to round out the full story. At times I thought I was reading 2 different books. This wouldn’t put me off reading any of this author other books to see how they come together as this book could lead to some ...more
J.D. Park
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Abundance: An endearing romance novel, was such a lovely read. It had heart, excitement, angst, redemption, the list goes on and on. I came across this new author by chance on goodreads, and once I read her bio, I knew this book was for me. It was a bit longer than most of my reads but was filled with so many twists and turns it felt like a new book several different times but maintains a cohesive story. You can't help but fall in love with Jack and his no games attitude. The little girl, Dallie ...more

• One More Time (Ruby Falls #2)
  • Pooh (The Devil's Angels MC #3)
  • Could Have Been Us (Willow Creek Valley #2)
  • Finding Elodie (SEAL Team Hawaii #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Vex (The Devil's Angels MC #4)
  • Cash (The Devil's Angels #5)
  • Batta (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #4)
  • Trusting You (Havenport #1)
  • Home to Me (Creek Canyon, #2)
  • Savior (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #3)
  • Wrecked
  • The Sin of Kissing You (Falling #2)
  • Touch by Touch (Riggins Brothers, #4)
  • Poker Face (A stand-alone teacher/student forbidden romance)
  • Down & Dirty: Zak (Dirty Angels MC, #1)
  • Blackwings MC: The Complete Series
  • Beneath the Lies
Shanna Swenson is an award winning finalist in the Fiction: Romance category of the 2020 International Book Awards for her books Abundance and Return to Abundance. She writes endearing adult romance novels that showcase the healing power of true love in the face of tragedy.

Shanna is a dreamer turned writer who does cardiac ultrasounds by day and creates fictional worlds every spare chance she can

The Abundance (5 books)
  • Return to Abundance (Abundance #2)
  • Escape from Abundance (Abundance, #3)
  • Stars over Abundance (The Abundance series, #4)
  • Abundance Legacy (The Abundance series, #5)

News & Interviews

It's been a great summer for book clubs on Goodreads. There's nothing better than talking about books—members have been devouring...