Start by marking “Ashes to Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Ashes to Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2.5)

Ashes to Ink

(Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs #2.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Carrie Ann Ryan comes a new story in her Montgomery Ink series…

Back in Denver, Abby lost everything she ever loved, except for her daughter, the one memory she has left of the man she loved and lost. Now, she’s moved next to the Montgomerys in Colorado Springs, leaving her past behind to start her new life.

One step at a
ebook
Published January 22nd 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Ashes to Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashes to Ink

Start your review of Ashes to Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2.5)
Carrie Ryan
Oct 15, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ashes to Ink

One step a
Elle Kennedy

Sarina Bowen

Penny Reid
Jan 21, 2019 marked it as to-read

Lynn
Another great story from Carrie Ann Ryan. Abbg and Ryan have such a sweet journey and love the crossover from the Gallagher Brothers Trilogy. It was so heartwarming to know how far she came from the tragedy in the chemo clinic to Colorado Springs.
Rachel Dyken

Meghan Quinn

Julia Kent
Jan 23, 2019 marked it as to-read

One step a
Sawyer Bennett

One step
Another amazing story! There is so much emotion packed into this story, I can't hardly believe it's novella length! There are tears, laughter, hurt, and happiness. Everything I need in a story!

Abby had her world ripped apart, but had to keep it together for her little girl. She decides to make a fresh start in Colorado Springs, among a whole new crew of Montgomerys. Slowly, she builds her life again, begins to get her happy back. And she starts to notice a certain someone at the tattoo shop next
Kennedy Ryan

Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2.5 in Colorado Springs Montgomery series by Carrie Ann Ryan.
Abby has been through a lot moved from Denver to Colorado with a young child. Started her own tea shop and trying to make it through each day as a widow.
Ryan is the Montgomery Ink Too newest tattoo artist and even though settled in really well he’s kept his past and himself close to his chest but when he meets Abby he know at some point he’s got to put himself out there to see if he and Abby have a future.
Loved that this book m
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Carrie Ann Ryan packed a wallop of emotion in Abby and Ryan’s relationship! Joy, sadness, frustration, fear, hope...I mean, for a novella there was just so much going on! And the chemistry! Abby and Ryan’s romance was steamy and sensuous, with a dollop of extra sweetness I loved!

There’s also a good number of characters mentioned along with the main couple, but they’re easy to keep track of! Have no fear in feeling lost if you jump into this book without reading previous stories. That’s the beau
Marion Lent
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh!

Seriously the sweetest, most feeling of all! I just loved this story. A definite Phoenix moment in time for Ryan and Abby and I suspect, Carrie Ann, as well.
Sandy
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tears will flow as you read this touching book. Both Abby and Ryan have had tragic lasts but can they learn to make a new future together. The love and friendship in this book makes you weep.
Jody
With characters we’ve met through past interactions with the Montgomery clan, Ms. Ryan puts forth a strong sense of family in this latest tale of addiction, loss, and overcoming the past to make a HEA. Along the way the main couple takes readers on a sweet and sensual journey that warms the heart and lays the groundwork for more HEAs in the future from amongst the appealing cast of secondary characters.

Ryan’s the newest tattoo artist at Montgomery Ink Too and it’s a career he’s wanted to do sinc
Robyn
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story made me smile. This story made me cry. Abby is a tragic figure as she was widowed when she was pregnant. We first met her in Murphy Gallagher's story as her Max and Murphy were in treatment together. So she was tied to the Gallaghers through Murphy, and since the Gallaghers and the Montgomerys are connected through marriage, she was connected to the Montgomerys. She was 'adopted' into the Montgomery clan and now owns the tea shop by Montgomery Ink Too. Ryan was the mystery tattoo arti ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abby and Ryan are two secondary characters, who got the chance to get a story and a happily ever after. In some ways, the story is bitter and in others is sweet. I loved their story and how they became something more than friends. Abby's love for her first husband is evident in the story, but it doesn't take something from the main love story. It was well done and everything I could ask for. As you know each story in the 1001 dak nights world and pretty much every book written by Carrie Ann Ryan ...more
Michele A.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Abby and Ryan find themselves exploring their newfound feelings for each other in this one. Abby is trying to move on with her daughter, Julia, after the death of her fiance', Max. Ryan knows she is still struggling and seems to be very patient with her. Ryan has his own baggage in the form of his twin brother, who is a drug addict. Their pasts both have the capability of haunting them, but both try to move on.
It was a short, easy read and gave a lot of insight into grief and regret. Both chara
Hannah
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs #2.5, From the last book I kind of knew Ryan and Abby were meant for each other. This is a quick read novella but Carrie Ann Ryan still manages to pack all her emotional angsty stuff and her hotter than hell romance into such a little package. Abby whose past is an open book among their group of friends and Ryan a new friend but already part of the family whose past isn't as easy to read.

Friends first Ryan and Abby start to show signs of a mutual attr
ErinMickC
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful little novella that had me utterly enthralled from the first to the last page. Abby and Ryan have been friends for awhile. They both have connections to the Montgomerys and they run in similar circles. A series of circumstances convinces them both to kick their relationship up a notch and oh-my-goodness you’ll be glad they take that next step! Their love story was sweet, and endearing, and optimistic in a way that blew my socks off. I laughed and cried (ok, mostly cried) the bulk of ...more
Carol
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Again, a wonderful addition to Montgomery Ink. It took me awhile to remember Max and Abby, but when I did, whoa, it was so sad. I will be going back and rereading that book. Ryan and Abby were attracted to each other but hadn't acted on it. Everyone around them could see it. They had great chemistry and will make a great couple. I felt for Ryan when his brother came back into his life. It certainly was a no win situation. Abby had a great attitude toward it and will help him deal with it. Enjoya ...more
Isha Coleman
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Let her inside your head and she'll run away with your heart. Ryan has a talent for sweeping readers off their feet with emotional characters, heartwarming stories and tempting romance. Ashes to Ink is just another example of the magic that she creates. Courage is not something that a person learns, but a stirring within one's self to beat the odds and try again, even at the most heartbreaking of times. Abby and Ryan are the ideal example of what it means to be brave.

Gladys
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This shorter length read doesn't skimp on the emotions. Abby and Ryan's story is heartbreaking, hot, poignant, sweet and dramatic. In my opinion this is a book that will wreck you emotionally. With a story that pulls you in and characters that are likable and relatable, your emotions will be put through the wringer as these two struggle with their pasts, their present, their losses and opening themselves up to the risk of loving again. A beautiful romance. This is my sincere, voluntary review.
AC Squared Book Blog
I love these novellas so much! It just makes me so happy that every character gets their story, even it is only around 100 pages. I had totally forgotten about Abby and didn’t know anything about Ryan, so this was great!!

Abby and Ryan were both in a tough spot in life and they both really needed that extra light in their lives. I love how they came to be, even with a little trouble along the way. Seeing them with the rest of the Montgomery Springs clan was a delight!!!
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I loved this novella but I wished there was more. I absolutely loved Abby and Ryan and I needed more of them. Abby has left Denver and moved to Colorado Springs next to the Montgomery's. She has decided to leave her past and move on to get a new future for her and her daughter. She buys a shop and turns it into a Tea shop and she loves working there and meeting new people and one of those people she meets is Ryan.

Ryan is the newest tattoo artist in The Montgomery Ink Too shop and he has his secr
Sarah Hannock
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Abby and Ryan are genuinely such a beautiful couple. This quick read gives you a glimpse into what different tragedies in life can do to a person.

While Abby is dealing with one that’s shrouded in loss and pain, Ryan is dealing with one surrounded by guilt and anger. But the beautiful thing about this book is that we get to see two people, who enjoy each other, who want to move forward in their lives, and battle for that.

This read something that will stick with you, Ryan and Abby are two strong w
E.M. Reders
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow! I knew this book was going to be a tough one. I knew that at least twice in this book Carrie would have me balling my eyes out. The first time came before the story even began. The second came during the moment Abby opened up about loosing Max. Carrie really managed to make you feel the characters pain, her heartbreak.
It was a bitter sweet book but it still contained all the things that i enjoy from Carrie's books. Hot romance. Handsome hunky men. Drama. And glimpses into all the other
Debbie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read many of Carrie Ann Ryan's books. She puts a lot of time, research, thought, passion, and emotion in each one. I find myself laughing, cheering, crying, and wanting to strangle certain characters. Thus, she does what any good author does.....pulls you into the story as if you are there with the characters as you read each word. This is one of her novellas....a short story. And although it is a short read, it doesn't skimp on passion or emotional pulls from the main characters, Abby a ...more
Kristi Metcalf
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book.

Abby lost the love of her life too soon, they didn’t get to get married and he didn’t get to see their child born. Yet, she knows he’s still there and does her best to instill in their daughter the love that he had for her. She is moving on with her life of running her business and raising her daughter and is slowly learning that is ok to ask for help. Well, slowly learning because the Montgomery family has added her to their ever gro
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Romance Retreat: Ashes to Ink is LIVE 1 12 Jan 23, 2019 05:43AM

• Hook (Men of Inked: Southside, #3)
  • Hustle (Men of Inked: Southside, #4)
  • Lost and Found (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #2)
  • Dragon Claimed (Dark Kings #14.5)
  • Enchanted (Masters and Mercenaries, #18.5)
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • Wild Kisses (Wilder Irish, #6)
  • Shelter for Quinn (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #13)
  • Rescuing Macie (Delta Force Heroes Novella)
  • Wild Fire (Wilder Irish, #7)
  • Love (Men of Inked: Southside, #5)
  • Hunky Heartbreaker (1001 Dark Nights #93)
  • Blaze (Men of Inked: Heatwave #4)
  • Kneel Down (Nailed Down, #3)
  • Shattered Vows (Crimson Point, #3)
  • Wild Ride (Powertools: Hot Rides, #1)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Ensnared (Eternal Guardians Novella)
Carrie Ann Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary, paranormal, and young adult romance. Her works include the Montgomery Ink, Redwood Pack, Fractured Connections, and Elements of Five series, which have sold over 3.0 million books worldwide. She started writing while in graduate school for her advanced degree in chemistry and hasn’t stopped since. Carrie Ann ha ...more

Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs (5 books)
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
  • Restless Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2)
  • Jagged Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #3)
  • Ink By Numbers (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Book 3.5)

News & Interviews