Start by marking “Grounded” as Want to Read:
Grounded

Grounded

In a world where wings gives everyone the freedom to fly, an artist born wingless uses her art to show the winged world the wonder of the ground. But when she meets a recently injured police officer who finds himself grounded, they will both learn that there is more than one way to soar.
Published March 1st 2019 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Grounded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grounded

Start your review of Grounded
Kelsie Maxwell
Grounded is a sci-fi/fantasy romance novel by Narrelle M. Harris. The story takes place in a world where humans have wings and can fly. Flight is such an essential part of life that the flightless are considered to be disabled.

Benedick Sasaki is a former police officer who lost the ability to fly when he was wounded in the line of duty. Benedick is bereft at the thought of life without flight until he meets Clementine Torres, an artist born without wings. Clementine has dedicated her life to fi
Donna
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grounded by Narrelle M. Harris is a sweet, empowering tale of renewal. Benedick Sasaki has to learn to deal with his new reality. No longer can he fly. As he moves into an new flightless friendly building he meets his neighbor, artist/activist Clementine Torres. She helps him realize that there is beauty on the ground that those with wings never take the time to see. She helps him realize that his new reality isn’t something to morn.
I really enjoyed this book. It made me feel for those marginal
Antonella's book world
3 STARS

YOU CAN ALSO FIND THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG https://antonellasbookworld.blogspot....

I honestly love and I'm crazy about fantasy books featuring angels. They are fascinating and interesting creatures to me. I was attracted to Grounded because of this, because it's a book with angels on it.
Everything is focused on those winged creatures, it's a world where everyone is an angel, even those that are wingless or have wings that don't work properly.
I loved also the fact that this book,
Deborah
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grounded was set in a world of humans with wings. Everybody can fly and if you for some reason can not fly, you are labeled as disabled.

Benedick Sasaki is a former police captain hurt in the line of duty and now grounded. He meets his neighbor Clementine who is a budding artist who was born without wings. They strike up a friendship and each help the other deal with life. I instantly felt a connection to both characters and their situation! I loved Benedick and felt bad for being hurt in the wa
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
A different world..a world of flying people. Those that can't, are considered disabled. I'm thinking the winged are elitists for the most part. A cop winged by a bullet has to adapt to his new life. His neighbour is a feisty little non-winged artist, I really liked her.
As an accessibility liaison in my job I was cheering for the underdogs.
This book was thoroughly entertaining, I was so invested in the story and the characters. I love a good paranormal and this one was quite unique.
Karen Roma
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grounded was a very different read from my normal genre, but the storyline was interesting and had underlying messages build in about disabilities and transitioning to new limitations. I liked the concept, the characters were real, and I would definitely read more from this author.
Sarah Remy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was given a copy by the publisher for review and very glad of it. I'm picky about romances, but Harris is a very talented writer and her skill shines through in GROUNDED. Also, I'm a sucker for anything with wings.
Tracie R
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
3.5 Stars An intriguing storyline, believable characters made Grounded an enjoyable read for me. I look forward to reading more by this new to me author.
Elizabeth Fitzgerald
Grounded is one of the best paranormal romances I've read. It is smart and sweet, with some fantastic worldbuilding and genuine warmth between the characters.

The book is set in an alternate world where humans have evolved from birds rather than monkeys. While this world looks much like our own, (and is, in fact, set in an alternate version of my home town) it is clear the author has put a lot of thought into the differences that manifest. Some of these are big things, like architecture and furni
Cherry
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet, well-written story. I really enjoyed this story, even though it was a little different to the usual romance stories I would normally read. The characters were well rounded and I liked how the author took the characters a little further in their introspection than is often the case, and there are deeper themes as a comment on our society too. I admit I found the sex scenes behaviour a little odd at times, and also confusing as to whether he was wearing a kilt or trousers or both? not sur ...more
Stephanie Livingston-Bujold
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story!
Loved the storyline, characters, and the lovin!
The themes of disability/ accessibility were a welcome breath of fresh air.
Sally
Feb 24, 2020
Narrelle
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommended to Narrelle by: http://www.narrellemharris.com/books/...
Sally
Neverdust
Sep 12, 2019
LITeraryQueenNika
Mar 09, 2019

• The Gate that Locks the Tree (Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Book 30)
  • Accepting the Lance (Liaden Universe, #22)
  • Bear (Ghost Mountain Wolf Shifters #6)
  • The Soul Engine (Happenstance and Bron #1, Alastair Stone Chronicles)
  • The Blue Rose
  • Clockwork Boys (Clocktaur War, #1)
  • Black Dogs Part One: The House of Diamond
  • The Mountain of Iron (Black Dogs, #2)
  • Swordheart
  • The 13th Witch (The King's Watch, #1)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Everything Under the Heavens (Silk and Song Trilogy, #1)
  • By the Shores of the Middle Sea (Silk and Song Trilogy, #2)
  • The Land Beyond (Silk and Song Trilogy, #3)
  • Romancing the Werewolf (Supernatural Society, #2)
  • Docile
  • How Not To Be A Loser
  • Imprudence (The Custard Protocol, #2)
I grew up in a home bursting with books. My father was in the Royal Australian Air Force – we moved roughly every three years – and my parents were passionate advocates of reading and the importance of access to a library of ideas, no matter where we lived.

Between a childhood spent on the move yet steeped in literature, and a naturally dramatic personality, it’s no surprise I became a storyteller.