Start by marking “My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, Vol. 2

My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, Vol. 2

(Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals #2)

Koichi and his “friends”—Kazuho, a.k.a. Pop Step, and the mysterious Knuckleduster—have teamed up to protect their neighborhood (unofficially of course). But even petty criminals with Quirks can be dangerous, and taking them on shows Koichi that he’d better not underestimate them. Sizing up the opposition is important, especially when some of the villains are definitely ou

Published October 2nd 2018 by VIZ Media: SHONEN JUMP (first published September 4th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero Academia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero Academia

MrsNightRead
*GASP* STAINNNNNN
James DeSantis
Well it has my man Stained in it, so it's already better than volume 1.

To be hones the first half isn't all that great. It's not bad but it's average. Basically Crawler learning to use his power thanks a nice Cameo from a main character from the original series. Then have a arc of these criminals stealing girl's panties...it's kind of dumb and nasty. Last but not least is the stained arc and that one is great. Basically a origin story of sorts for that character.

I really hope the next volumes
Dani St-Onge (Literary Lion)
For more reviews: http://literarylion.ca/

Manga is usually exempt from the rule that sequels are never as good as the original, but I feel it pretty strongly here. Somehow only two volumes in and some of the chapters feel sort of unnecessary. With My Hero Academia it feels like Horikoshi has a direction. It seems like he knows exactly what story he wants to tell and knows every character deeply. When something is revealed you can go back and see pages and pages of brilliant foreshadowing. Vigilantes doesn't fe
Nicholas Driscoll
I bought this volume months ago (the English version) just to have something fun to read. I enjoyed the first volume, especially Knuckleduster and how he sort of mirrors Batman.

This volume starts off with some stuff that basically turned me off pretty bad. The Crawler faces off against a trio of perverts who literally steal girls' panties off their bodies and wear them. Unsurprisingly, this is all played for laughs. To make it worse, though, the main character then tries to reason with the trio
Julie
It's kind of cool how this one ties into the main series. I wasn't into the plot as much in this volume, but I did come to realize that I love Koichi and Ingenium. Also, it was interesting to kind of see Stain's backstory.
Sam
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the first volume, I liked it, but I wasn't completely sold on it. This volume really started to draw in a lot of elements we already know from the main series, and I feel like Vigilantes is starting to hit its stride. I liked a few of the revelations in this volume, and am really curious to see how the story continues from here.
Connie
I am so conflicted about this series.

On the one hand, it has some incredible characters. Having a smaller main cast means more attention can be paid to their growth and development, and I honestly really love the core trio as well as the villain who has been introduced. Koichi is genuinely so adorable, and the villain has so much potential. We've had appearances from major heroes in the first two volumes, including Ingenium in this volume- who is not only the sweetest human alive, bu
Ben Truong
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, Vol. 2 continues where the previous tankōbon left off and contains the next six chapters (6–11) of the on-going manga series and two mid-chapters: "Appearance Matters" (7.5) and "Mask" (9.5).

The first half of the tankōbon deals with one-time stories that pertain to each of the main characters – Koichi Haimawari, Kazuho Haneyama, and Knuckleduster. Knuckleduster had realized that the bigger the villain the sweeter the victory. In another story, Koichi Haimawari was recr
Jake
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I read the other Vigilantes volume, and I forgot how enjoyable the main trio in this were.

In many ways, this does feel like it struggled a bit to move forward with the plot, and instead gets distracted by show casing the backstory of Stain, a villain from the main series.

I would like to have seen more development and use of how Crawler and his group are developing their techniques, and perhaps show some repercussions for their illegally using their quirks.

Overall, sort
Ashe Catlin
The hunt for the triggers continues will our Heroes Vigilantes finding the dealer?

There was a lot of set up in this volume, which will pay off later down the line.

What I liked
• Knuckleduster, he doesn’t care what you think, he goes in fist first.
• The fights are short and sweet
• The new characters on the cover are awesome!
• Crawler, he's just so innocent and sweet.
• The dynamic between Crawler and Knuckleduster, it’s the opposite to Deku & All Might. They have this mutual re
Evelyn
The award for purest soul goes to: Koichi Haimawari!
The award for best smile goes to: Tensei Ida!
The award for most adorable crush goes to: Ka- (muffled audio)
The award for coolest vigilante: Sten- huh? He was disqualified? The runner-up then...Knuckleduster!
The award for best villain goes to: Sta- huh? You mean I can’t say that either? Hard noses. (unenthusiastic monotone) The award for best villain(s) goes to the Three Sturm Und Drang Brothers.

Honorable Ment
Lois
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
An okay-ish volume. I feel as though not much happened until nearer the end. Nevertheless, I’m still excited to find out what happens afterwards. I have a feeling it’s only going to get better.
I just love the fact that it’s in the universe of the original manga. I’m hoping to see some familiar faces!
The art style is really cute and I sometimes find myself just staring at certain panels for ages in awe.
Ronald
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga
This was a good read. It was smother plot wise and by that I mean the story flowed. There was actually some kind of story ark going on here. Having Ingenium show up and not be the total pompous jerk he seemed in the anime (have not read the manga of My Hero Academia yet) was kind of fun (or is that just his younger brother?). We also get to see the origin of a certain villain, now that was well done.

Well done! Good stuff!
Tyler
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very fun read.

An unexpected part of this was to see some of Stain’s origins story.

Little tidbits like this make reading the companion series fulfilling. I recommend Vigilantes to any My Hero Academia fan.

Who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky enough for them to adapt Vigilantes too, then we can go nearly year round with MHA anime content.
Baker St Shelves
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A huge step up from the last one. The plot is starting to get more engaging, characters from the main series are making cameos, and more depth is added to the main vigilantes.
I will say this seems like a series of vignettes that are connected to something larger, which does slow some things down; but it’s still entertaining.
Ryan Conner
If it wasn’t for Ingenium and the introduction of Stain, I would’ve easily given this 1 star. These characters are quite annoying in this volume. The introduction of a group of pervy guys that literally take girls’ panties to where them is downplayed as a joke is beyond cliched and rage-inducing. I guess I’ll continue reading this series, but it’s dropped very low on my priority list.
Krisy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved getting to see characters from the original series make appearances in here!!
I think we got a little bit of the background on one of the villains from My Hero and I found that really interesting, I hope I'm right.
I'm unsure where this series is going to go with the villains we've been introduced to but I'm excited to see where it's going to go.
Jessica
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I might have to tap outta this one. It didn’t hold my interest like the 1st volume. And I ended up just skimming through most of the second half of the book.

Which sucks cause I wanted to like this spin-off. Maybe I should just steer clear of spin-offs altogether. I’d kill for one of those All Might hoodies though.
Samantha Riccio
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Hitting me with those Iida feels huh?

I don't really like much of this? I still like the main story better, but I do like that now there's some Iida in here and I always love the Iida family. Found it kinda boring if I'm being honest.
haley
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
*probably more like 3.5 but i'll keep it at a 4

Tensei was my favorite part of this volume, I love seeing more about him and how his hero agency works and him mentioning Tenya was really cute. Everything else was Good but I still enjoy the main series more.
Alex
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
why do you have to hit me with those tensei feels? anyway, this really made me appreciate him more as a character for the my hero academia story line and i feel that it has been doing that with other characters as well, i like it.
Danielle Dawson
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm enjoying this! While I don't find the characters quite as engaging or deeply motivated as the ones from the main series, this is a fun take of other aspects of the same quirky world. On top of that, it's nice to see a bit more of otherwise minor characters.
Edric Unsane
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel, manga
I really enjoyed Volume 2 of My Hero Academia: Vigilantes. There is quite a bit of plot development as well as cameos of a hero and a villain from the main series. Volume 2 was quite good and enjoyable, so check it out if you haven't yet.
Anna
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Cool back story on Stain!
Kaylabookworm22 L
I absolutely adore this series and the first series too! Both are fun and mysterious and funny at times too.
Isel
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hey, I know him! I didn't think I'd see his starting point... Well, kinda. So it was this dude's master that made him crazier then he already was 🤦
Ashe
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I am not loving this series but will I stop reading it? NOOOO. That stuff about stain is what made me give this more than two stars.
Steph
Really enjoying these spin-off stories!!!
Iria
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inglés, manga, 3-stars
i didn't expect all the references to the main series and all the canon content about important characters
Joss
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2018: 4 Stars

• 僕のヒーローアカデミア 14 [Boku No Hero Academia 14] (My Hero Academia, #14)
  • ハイキュー!! 19 月の輪 [Haikyū!! 19 Tsuki no wa]
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 5
  • Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7: Separation Anxiety

Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals (8 books)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 3 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 3] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #3)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 4 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 4] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #4)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 5 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 5] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #5)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 6 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 6] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #6)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 7 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 7] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #7)
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 8 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 8] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #8)