Start by marking “The Paris Apartment (Love Nests, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Paris Apartment (Love Nests, #1)

The Paris Apartment

(Love Nests #1)

James Sinclair, a successful trader, keeps his busy life uncomplicated. Work is about all he has time for. Imagine his surprise when he returns to his Paris apartment to find his little sister’s best friend, Mila Johnson, in his bed.

One night of fooling around opens a Pandora’s box which Mila just wants to pry open wider, whereas James just wants to keep the lid on tight.
Published October 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Paris Apartment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paris Apartment

Start your review of The Paris Apartment (Love Nests, #1)
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired

Mila is the modest, virginal best friend of a wild party girl. Desperate to shape her own future, and get out from under her oppressive family, Mila agrees to go on a two week Paris vacation. The trip promises to revive her love of painting and, at the hopes of her best friend, bring plenty of men to woo her. Arriving at James' apartment, the older, handsome brother of her best friend, she finds herself alone, inspired, and seriously considering the
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Paris Apartment by Sophia Karlson is the First Book in the Love Nests series. This is the story of Mila Johnson and James Sinclair.
James comes home to his Paris apartment to find his sister's best friend in his apartment. Mila is a innocent painter that needed a place to stay and took the option of James's apartment. Sparks fly between the two but James isn't sure that Mila can handle his sexual taste.
I really enjoyed reading their story and will look for more books from this author.
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
3.5 Stars

This is my first read by this author. I was interested in the setting from the blurb and wanted to see where this author would take us. This is a best friends brother trope and as such, our characters have known each other for many years.

James comes home to find Mila crashing at his Paris apartment. He forgot that he promised it to his sister and her best friend. Mila has had a crush on James forever, but her strict parents forbade her to have contact with the family at some point.

I d
N.N. Light
Imagine James Sinclair's surprise when he discovers his little sister's best friend in his Paris apartment, in his bed. He doesn't have the time or inclination to explore the budding feelings between he and Mila. But when Mila takes initiative, he's helpless under her ministrations. When his dark past invades their shared Paris apartment, will she leave or stay?

Such a delightful romance and one I thoroughly enjoyed. Paris becomes a character all its own and brought back wonderful memories of my
Michelle
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

First book read by this Author and I really loved her writing style and will be reading more of her books.

The Paris Apartment - Is a hot, full of sex romance read with hidden and dark secrets.

James Sinclair - Is a successful business man traveling around the world, just finished an open relationship and not looking for anyone other than a one night stand.

Until he arrives home from a business trip early and Mila Johnson, his sisters long-term best friend is sleeping like an angel in his bed, Mila
Vickie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved to read romance novels that are panty dropping sexy from the get go and this story of Mali and James is just that. Mali is the perfect 24 year old sexy virgin who is visiting Paris as her muse to inspire her art. She comes with a bucket list of what she wants to accomplish and losing her virginity is at the top. James is the perfectly handsome sexy older brother of her best friend that has sexual issues of his own. Together they forge an unlikely romance that keeps you on an ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-love
Let me start by saying that I'm a huge fan of the sibling's best friend trope. Add to that the Parisian setting and the intriguing blurb and I was pumped to read The Paris Apartment. While the book is sufficiently steamy, I just didn't vibe with the characters. Yes James and Mila had chemistry and history, but I feel like I didn't get to know them that well, so I didn't understand the draw they had to each other. That being said, there is heat and angst and drama, so I did find it entertaining. ...more
Gladys
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this tantalizing romance. This best friend's older brother/opposites attract romance offers readers plenty of drama, intensity, steam and emotional turmoil. With twists and secrets that cause big complications that need to be overcome, can Mila and James get a HEA? A really good read! This is my voluntary and honest review.
Sep 17, 2019 marked it as no-dull-mwh-dmh-tstl-unsafe
Not interested in ladies' man+ virgin heroine.
Suzanne Jefferies
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the romance in this story. Yes, it's hot and steamy and all of that good stuff, but the romance is page-turningly good. Young, naive virgin — a preacher's daughter — and a jaded hotshot businessman. Fireworks? You bet.

Go get yourself a copy!
Princess
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Lili
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
When I first started this book, I was concerned that it might be just another entry in the catalogue of erotica featuring a very wealthy man with a painful past being healed by a beautiful young woman who he meets by happenstance. I was fully prepared for James and Mila to go the way of Christian and Anastasia, Gideon and Eva, Jonathan and Monica, and so on. That is, lots of bumps (and sex) along the way to a happily ever after.

I was pleasantly surprised by the characters in this book, who we ge
Lisa Pearson
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a new author for me, so I jumped at the chance to receive an ARC.
Well I’ve got to say, I was really pleasantly surprised with this book.

Mila is an artist, she visits Paris, staying in her best friends brothers apartment. James a hot shot business man that travels a lot, and is unaware that his sisters best friend is staying in his apartment. That is until he returns early from a business trip to find Mila in his bed.

It’s not long before a ‘one time’ night of passion ensues between J
Barbara
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Paris Apartment has a wonderful romance storyline that will keep you turning page after page. It’s very well written with characters you may want to smack a time or two and others you’ll simply love to pieces.

Mila is the daughter of a minister and a very naive young woman. She finds herself in uncharted waters in an apartment in Paris when her best friends older brother James, returns home early. While Mila knew James when she was a kid, it did nothing to prepare her for seeing him through
SH
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
‘The Paris Apartment’ drew me in with its beautiful cover, and I soon found myself also captivated by the passionate nature of this book. James Sinclair, arrives home to find a beautiful woman in his bed, only to discover that this is his sister’s best friend Mia. It was clear from the very start that this would be an intense relationship, but what follows is a growing awareness that each fills a need in the other. James has suffered from his parent’s relationship whilst Mia’s life has been clos ...more
Michelle
Oct 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 12%

I tried with this book. But I wasn’t feeling how this book was written. The way James talked. Seemed like he was way older then he was.

“Mila.” Was he trying to talk sense into her head, or his? “Being in my bed… comes with certain risks. Or risqué certainties. Whichever takes your fancy.” She nodded slightly; her eyes sparkled and her lips twitched. “Risqué certainties?” She was so not helping. But he needed to give her every chance to opt out. “What’s your risk profile, Mila?” he whis
Lauren
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a first by this author for me and it started kinda slow. Mila is staying in James apartment when he comes home early from business. James just got out of a relationship and wants nothing serious and Mila is the exact opposite. These two are extremely hot together. James has so many secrets its a mess to see them get through. But in the end will love win???
Elisa
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Milla and James.

If your looking for a contemporary romance with drama, and steam The Paris Apartment has this and so much more for a reader to enjoy.

I will say I'm not normally a contemporary romance reader but The Paris Apartment was surprisingly enjoyable, I loved the character's even when I didn't want to lol so yes there's drama, I loved the setting and descriptive writing and I really enjoyed the ending.
Evie
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a hidden jewel in my TBR. I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Sophia Karlson is a new-to-me author and I’ll say I’ll keep reading her books. The Paris Apartment was fresh and sexy. Though I thought Mila recented her best friend for the unlimited freedom and financial situation, I still found her relatable. Being a preacher’s daughter wasn’t easy for her and so seeing her rebel and become her own was great. I’m looking forward to reading more stories by this author.
Mathilda Hollingworth
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inexperienced virgin. Hot, successful guy. One barely furnished apartment in the most romantic city in the world. Yes please !
From the moment Mila and James meet up again after not being in touch for a few years, there is an intense attraction between the two of them.
Mila has escaped her narrow minded upbringing and stifling circumstances for a few weeks of freedom in Paris, ready to explore whatever the city has to offer. Along comes James, her once teenage crush, broody, full of dark secrets
Ivana
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Sophia Karlson's The Paris Apartment is a love story about two people who unexpectedly reconnected in an, as the title suggests, apartment in Paris. Mila Johnson is an art student who has come to Paris to visit all the meaningful museums. But most of all to have some fun as her best friend Stacy suggested (better word for this would be ordered). She comes to Paris a few days before her friend and stays alone in a beautiful apartment. The apartment belonged to Stacy's brother James, but he wa ...more
Donna
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mila and James are polar opposites. This book takes the reader on a trip to Paris, France. The beauty of the art world is seen through the main character's eyes. She is an young artist and viewing and creating at is her passion.

James is a businessman. He lives in Paris, but also travels the world. When these two meet...well let's say you must read this book to find out what happens.

This was a great story! I loved it from start to finish! I highly recommend it!
Bridget
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Readers, Readers of Erotica
Take a twenty-four-year-old beautiful virgin and a hot, hugely successful, hunky chap in a minimally furnished apartment in the centre of Paris, the most romantic city in the world and you've got an incredibly sexy and romantic read!

James Sinclair, a successful trader keeps his busy life uncomplicated. Work is about all he has time for. Imagine his surprise when he returns to his Paris apartment to find his little sister’s best friend, Mila Johnson, in his bed. One night of fooling around opens
Rebecca Austin
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-companies
Mila Johnson has come to Paris for a holiday as is staying at the apartment of James Sinclair, her best friend Stacey's brother. She is looking forward to exploring art museums and galleries as she loves to paint but has been told by her parents that she needs a better and more stable career.

James Sinclair is a successful trader and is trying to keep his life on the straight and narrow since a bad break up months ago. Yet nothing prepares him for coming home and finding a barely clothed woman o
Pam
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
**5 HOT STARS** This is my first book by this author and it won't be my last. I'm so happy to find new to me authors sometimes. This was a hidden gem for me.

This is also the first of a series and I cannot wait for more. First of all, Paris?!?! Romance and Paris go hand in hand. Then we have an innocent artist and a very sexy, experienced best friend's older brother who's sexual tastes run more to the dark side. Combine these three elements and you have a story totally worth your time.

This story
Gin
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Engaging, titillating, romantic and oh so sexy. I was draw into this wonderfully written love story from the first chapter and loved every word. The overprotected, young artist, Mila, finds herself alone with her childhood crush and her best friend's older brother by ten years in his Paris apartment. The sexy, dirty, debauched James is mesmerized by the grownup Mila and has to have her. What transpires is a lovely, romantic and sizzling love affair that turns both their lives upside down as they ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

Brothers/sisters best friend is one of my favorites tropes so I was immediately drawn to the story.

The Paris Apartment is my first read by this author. It's super sexy and steamy and I enjoyed how much detail the author put into the story. There's a little drama, a little angst and a slow burn that has spars flying all over the place. The characters obviously have a history together which creates obstacles. Will they be able to overcome? You'll have to read to find out.

I thought the boo
RachelReadsandSings
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
If you're looking for a very smutty romance set in Paris, I would say it's definitely worth a read. Did it blow me away? Nope.

For one thing, I found Mila and James' relationship to be just kind of...odd throughout. I don't see why the author felt the need to write their first sex scene as kind of a big yikes. I read smutty romances to escape reality and have fun honestly, and that scene just took me out of my reading experience. There were also small details throughout this book in regards to th
K.
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading anything by this author, and I am happy that I read this book, and look forward reading more by this author. This is the story of James, and Mila. Mila is on a 2 week vacation in Paris, and she is planning to meet up with her best friend Stacey, and stay with Stacey's brother James while in Paris. Arriving early at Jame's Paris apartment, Mila lays down for a nap. When James comes home to a sleeping Mila, he is drawn to her, and they jump quickly into a physical rel ...more
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the first book that I have read from this author. When I read the blurb I just had to meet James Sinclair. I was not disappointed. Her writing style is on point. The story line flows and the characters are very likeable. Well most of them. Some of them just hide their nasty so well.
James Sinclair is a world travelling business man who indulges in a hidden world of sex, debauchary and seediness. His past is something that he is trying to leave behind.

Mila Johnson, young, sweet and innoce
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 5 Sep 20, 2018 01:32AM

• Deception Bay
  • MIDNIGHT MELODY (ROCKING ROMANCE COLLECTION Book 5)
  • Empty Promises (Jack Bass Black Cloud Chronicles #6)
  • Two Hearts Under Fire (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance #8)
  • Lily's Homecoming Under Fire (Calla Lily Mystery  #1)
  • Maybe Now
  • Diamonds and Lies
  • Hearts of Darkness (The Santiago Trilogy, #1)
  • Single Chicas
  • Deadlock (Uncommon Enemies #3)
  • Hellbound
  • Nikolai of Semar (Lords of Magic, #3)
  • Moonsworn (Pine Valley Wolves, #1)
  • Flotsam and Jetsam: the Amelia Island Affair
  • Bro: Antonello Brothers 0: a Prequel
  • For This Knight Only
  • The Moon (The Banished Gods, #2)
  • Inspired by Murder (Emerald City Thriller, #2)