Start by marking “The Killer Christmas Sweater Club (A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Killer Christmas Sweater Club (A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery, #3)

The Killer Christmas Sweater Club

(A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery #3)

All ten-year-old Alexandra Atwood wants for Christmas is to get her dad and the B&B’s cook Marquetta under the mistletoe. After all, how can they get married if they don’t kiss first?
When murder strikes in Seaside Cove, bed-and-breakfast owner Rick Atwood is asked to help find the killer. But this will not be an easy case to crack. Not only did the killer contaminate the
Published November 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Killer Christmas Sweater Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killer Christmas Sweater Club

Start your review of The Killer Christmas Sweater Club (A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery, #3)
LORI CASWELL
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Dollycas’s Thoughts

First I must say, that cover is gorgeous!! Every cover in this series has been beautiful and inviting.

We arrive back at the Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast right before Christmas. Rick and Marquetta discover boxes of decorations in the attic including a Christmas train, Captain Jack and her father had a lot of fun with. Ten-year-old Alex is focused on moving her dad’s relationship along. She enlists a little help to hang some mistletoe, now she just needs to get them under it at
Kristina
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, cozy-mysteries
The Killer Christmas Sweater Club by Terry Ambrose is the third book in A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery. Alex Atwood is looking forward to Christmas. She has plans to get her dad and Marquetta Weiss, their cook, to finally kiss with the aid of some strategically placed mistletoe. Marquetta is like a mother to Alex and she would like the two important people in her life to marry. Of course, Rick Atwood needs to her divorce her mother first (a pesky little problem). The Crooked Mast is hold ...more
Carol
The quaint California coastal town of Seaside
Cove is in the process of getting ready for
Christmas. This includes Rick Atwood, owner
of the Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast plus his
ten year old daughter, Alexa. She is a very
imaginative, inquisitive, enterprising and bold
girl who has very well tuned instincts that
always lead her to nose into adult situations.
Right now she is plotting to arrange for the
hanging of mistletoe in a secret place to catch
her father and their cook, Marquetta under it.
Marque
Bev
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Seaside Cove is a small town. People there like it just the way it is. But there is someone who wants to change it, and as far as the residents are concerned, not for the better. Thorne Waldorf is a person that no one really likes, he is mean and rude. He also has some secrets on some of the residents in town and is trying to blackmail them into getting what he wants from them....their businesses so he can sell them. On a Christmas party some of the people attending all have the same ugly sweate ...more
Robyn
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex is not your typical preteen, and sometimes she's too smart for her own good. She is a very likeable character, knows what she wants, and tries her hardest to get things to go her way. She loves her dad wholeheartedly, and wants the best for him. I love how she gets her friends involved in her schemes. This is a great story with mystery, intrigue, and murder. The plot twists and the fast pace kept me glued to this book from beginning to end. Terry Ambrose is a fantastic author, and I highly ...more
Yifat Cestare
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex is a sweet young lady gets involved trying to solve the mystery at hand. I always enjoy the intrigue involved with reading a Terry Ambrose book. They always keep me glued to the book. I highly recommend this book, as well as all the others written by this author. FYI: I received an ARC for an honest review.

Ruth Hill
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

First of all, I have never read any books in this series, and I honestly had no trouble jumping right in. The author was a master at making sure the reader understood the situations and the characters perfectly. Furthermore, this series is totally family-friendly and is the ideal representation of what a cozy mystery should be. And with the Christmas holidays
Andrea Stoeckel
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“There ain’t never a good time for some things.”

Rick Atwood and his daughter Alex, and his chef Marquetta Weiss continue to run the Seaside Cove Bed and Breakfast in this, the third book in the series. Precocious 10 year old Alex wants her father and Marquette to be more than friends. They may have other things on their mind as Christmas is coming to Seaside Cove.

When three people show up to a holiday party in the same “ugly Christmas Sweater” gifted by Thorne Waldorf, one of the two lawyers in
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
Review of THE KILLER CHRISTMAS SWEATER CLUB

by Terry Ambrose
(A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery #3)

Christmastide can be a real killer; and not always because of family get-togethers, overeating, and last-minute purchasing stress. Sometimes a grinch is murdered, just because the time is right. But often, suspicion falls on the innocent, and somebody's got to investigate.

Alex (Alexandra), a smart and clever ten-year-old, loves life in Seaside Cove at the Bed-and-Breakfast her dad now owns. She
Lisa
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is 3rd installment in the delightful Seaside Cove series. This is a cozy murder mystery series, with few twists and turns that will keep you guessing. They can be read alone, but more fun to read in order.
Rick tries to protect Alex, his daughter, by blocking her efforts to investigate and she finds 'loopholes' to getting involved. She's quite bright and brings a unique insight to his cases. Alex is loveable and really does want to help. The growing relationship between Rick and Marquetta is
Beverly
Dec 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
It’s hard to find a mystery that I don’t like, but this one was terrible. If I weren’t reading it for a book club, I would have put it down after 10 pages. It was poorly written, corny, trite. It lacked cohesion. The plot had little to do with the title and was neither logical nor realistic. Character descriptions were adolescent and redundant (“his face began to redden”, “she raised her eyebrows”, “a tear trickled down her cheek”).

My book club doesn’t often reach a unanimous consensus, but thi
BJ
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christmas at Seaside Cove

This has been such a fun series! I loved Ambrose's McKenna series but put off reading this 'cozy' series. I immediately fell in love with Rick, his 10 YO daughter, Alex, and the whole cast of characters that make up Seaside Cove, not to mention the place itself! Not all la-tee-dah, there's a murder to solve! I'm hoping this isn't the last in the series. Hmmm... I wonder if it's too late to make a reservation for Christmas! More! More, Terry!
Karin
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have read any of my reviews, you know that I am a retired educator. One of the different age groups I worked with was the same as Alex, Sasha, and Robbie. It was also my favorite because in those days they told it as they saw it. Keep you eyes on these three! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and highly recommend the book.
Peggy Clayton
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is part of A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery and I liked it. I read it in one sitting and liked how Terry put this mystery together. Terry hit the ball out to the short outfield which resulted in a three base hit!
Eirlys
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good read

This was an entertaining book, it had a complex murder with lots of suspects with motives. I liked the diary written by Alex because it gave an insight into her thoughts. I loved the ending.
Teresa OConnor
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the title and really enjoy a story that's a little different than the average cozy. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. ...more
Sonja Burk
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A bit cheesy like a Hallmark movie but enough to get me in the Christmas spirit.
kc
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent character development and emotions brought to life thru words made me fall into this book to visit Seaside Cove, solve a murder and deal with a visit from Alex’s estranged mother.
Jeannie Huie
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of good fun and solving a murder! The characters are quite believable and interact realistically! This is a good series as we are getting to know more about small - town life! Great read!
NANCY  M. WADE
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Killer mystery

Great cast of suspects and interesting characters in a rich setting. Complex mystery that keeps you guessing until the end.
Susan
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
great mystery, loved the ending, looking forward to the next...
Joan
Dec 28, 2020
Linda
Dec 17, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Ghost of Christmas Past (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #8.5)
  • Miz Scarlet and the Vanishing Visitor
  • Blue Christmas (Lord & Lady Hetheridge, #6)
  • Gingerbread to Die For (The Dunbarton Christmas Mysteries Book 2)
  • Tall Tails Secret Book Club (Secret Library #1)
  • Marshmallow Murder
  • A Killer Cupcake (Beachfront Bakery #1)
  • Death & Decluttering (Sparks & Joy #1)
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Bumpkin (Country Cousin #4)
  • THE SEVENTH LINK a cozy murder mystery (Village Mysteries Book 4)
  • Triple Dipped Murder (Sundae Afternoon Cozy Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder and Mozzarella (A Terrified Detective Mystery Book 6)
  • Like a Bad Penny at Christmas (A Devilishly Delicious Culinary Mystery Book 2)
  • Bitter Poison (Village Mysteries Book 5)
  • Murder in St-Rémy (Maggie Newberry Mysteries, #15)
  • Miz Scarlet and the Holiday Houseguests (A Scarlet Wilson Mystery, #3)
  • Murder & the Rock Star (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 6)
  • Pineapple and Poison (Sticky Sweet Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
Terry Ambrose started out skip tracing and collecting money from deadbeats and quickly learned that liars come from all walks of life. He never actually stole a car, but sometimes hired big guys with tow trucks and a penchant for working in the dark when “negotiations” failed.
A resident of Southern California, he loves spending time in Hawaii, especially on the Garden Island of Kauai, where he in

A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery (5 books)
  • A Treasure to Die For (A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery #1)
  • Clues in the Sand (A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery #2)
  • Secrets of the Treasure King (A Seaside Cove Bed and Breakfast Mystery)
  • Treasure Most Deadly: Book 5 in the Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast amateur sleuth mysteries - a humorous cozy mystery (A Seaside Cove Bed & Breakfast Mystery)

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...