Start by marking “High Risk (Point of No Return, #1)” as Want to Read:
High Risk (Point of No Return, #1)

High Risk

(Point of No Return #1)

He’ll break all the rules to keep the last promise to his best friend.

Commander Ryan Tyler is a true American hero—a former Navy SEAL and the man who saved the International Space Station. Yet he couldn’t save the best friend who died in his place. Fallout from that tragic accident thrust Ty into a dark and dangerous lifestyle, but when he’s given the unexpected chance to
Published October 9th 2018 by Silver Griffon Associates

To ask other readers questions about High Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Risk

Start your review of High Risk (Point of No Return, #1)
Brenna Aubrey
Sep 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
High Risk, the first book in Ryan & Gray's Duet, is AVAILABLE NOW!

Purchase links: http://www.brennaaubrey.net/books/hig...

High Reward, book 2, is also available now everywhere.

Last teaser: "That Kiss"

CLICK HERE to read an excerpt, introducing Ryan & Gray. Off the charts chemistry.

3rd Teaser: "Glacier & Mountain"

2nd Teaser: "Awaken Her"

First Teaser!! "American Hero"

REVIEWERS...I'd SO appreciate a review on the BookBub site when you have time: https://www.bookbub.com/books/high-ri...

BLOGGERS
Princess under cover
I've read enough. DNF @ 20%. I still rate it 3 stars bc I know having read this much that it's about 3 stars. Can only get lower from here on.

Writing isn't bad, it's just slow build and not all that interesting.

Hero is a prick (we know why, but seems like he's been a prick even before the accident). And @ 20% the H/h is finally just getting started in their ACQUAINTANCESHIP, never mind relationship. Tooooo slow!

AND, the H just finished banging another girl... while the h was sitting outside l
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
An absolute must-read! I love this storyline... the broken, suffering astronaut hero, the young psychologist trying to fulfill her dream... Ryan and Gray (short for Gracie) seem meant for each other. However, there are many difficulties, peer dynamics, and even ultimatums that lie in their midst that make this a challenge. I’m left teetering on the edge to see what lies ahead for Ryan and Gray, and what choices will be made that will change their future.

reviewed by Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Stacey Timmons
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my freaking god!! I loved this book. I couldn't get enough of Ryan and Gray. The feels I had while reading this book was ridiculous. Especially for Ryan. My god he's had a very tough year! And Gray? Well she has had a tough life. But she's come out stronger than ever.

Brenna had me at the first chapter and that chapter was devastating. Man, I had tears in my eyes and that doesn't happen often. So, well done, Brenna.

I loved the chemistry between Gray and Ryan. I loved the fact that she didn't
Donna Was A Scandal
Everyone loves a hot astronaut! Check out Carmela's full review on Scandalicious Book Reviews:

A Book Obsessed Brit
This was my first read by Brenna Aubrey and one I enjoyed. High Risk gave me a hero and heroine in professions I haven't come across before. Brenna did a fantastic job with her research, making the facts and description of everything aeronautical based relevant and informational yet not overwhelming or confusing.

The story centres around Ryan Tyler an ex Navy SEAL Commander, now an active astronaut, at 35 he is in his prime. However a tragedy that kicks off this book (and had me in tears) causes
Pamela Lilley
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the synopsis for this book and I really felt for Ryan, he was an emotional wreck, with so many issues. Issues he was not willing to share with psychologist Gray Barrett, a true wolf in sheep’s clothing, not quite the walkover she could have been. Strong hearted (in so many ways), I loved her. I loved her honesty, and I loved her strength. Ryan too, saw all her plus points, and used them to his advantage (not in a cruel way I might add). Although it took me quite a few chapters to feel in ...more
S Knoll
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always been a fan of Brenna Aubrey’s writing and this book certainly did not let me down. It’s a whole new series for her with a focus on the space program. What I love about this books is that it is so different than so many of the romance books out there. Her characters are very real. Full of flaws, imperfections and hang ups which make them completely relatable and human. Ryan and Gray are opposites in many ways but very much alike in others and together they just make sense. The writing ...more
Anne Milne
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a duet and it's a book I would happily recommend. I've read lots of military books but this is the first astronaut story one and what a refreshing change. With no warning chapter one threw me into a tailspin, I had chills as I read.

I adored Gray so much she is such a strong warm loving character who despite everything in her life is a fighter. If you could look in Ryan's eyes you would see a tortured man guilt and duty are eating him alive. The fragile trust in their r
Jess
Truusje
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not bad, but not very good either. I liked the astronaut setting, but I never believed in the romance between Gray and Ryan. And I'm so done with "she's different from all those other women I slept with". She was a virgin of course.
Cliffhanger.
Coco.V
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/13/2019)! 🎁
Mandy
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brenna Aubrey has done it again. Following on from the amazing 'Gaming the System' series, she brings us two new enigmatic characters in the form of Gray Barrett and Ryan Tyler.

As a little, Gray dreamed about space, rockets, planets and astronauts, unfortunately she dreamed of them all from the confines of a hospital bed. Now as a grown woman her dream of working with astronauts is within her grasp.  Gray is an almost qualified psychologist who works for Xventure, the company that makes rockets
Caroline F
LOVED THIS BOOK! I've added astronaut to my Christmas list!

"Though he made my insides tingle, I knew he was someone from whom I needed to stay far, far away."

Commander Ryan Tyler's life has spiralled downwards since he lost his best friend in the worst possible way. His public image is that of an All-American Hero but its sheen has been tarnished by his less-than-savoury escapades. His cocky and devil-may-care facade hides a damaged man with a secret truth. He's desperate for some inner peace an
Shelley
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Point of No Return Duet. It can be read as a standalone, with a happy for now except this problem cliffhanger that will make you want to read book two, High Reward, released December 6, 2018.

The story opens introducing our hero, Ryan Tyler, American Astronaut on his mission aboard the International Space Station with 5 other astronauts and cosmonauts. He is left making a life altering decision for the greater good by his command. Back on Earth, he can't find peace w
Danielle
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a real blast off!!!! Lots of tension and build. And the good parts were mind-blowing or you could say out of this world. Love Brenna's new couple. Can't wait for High Rewa rd.

It was a real blast off!!!! Lots of tension and build. And the good parts were mind-blowing or you could say out of this world. Love Brenna's new couple. Can't wait for High Reward.
Karen
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Disclaimer: I received this book as an ARC from the author in return for my honest review...

Brenna delivered yet another gem with this book. The way she writes her characters makes it so easy to relate to. Each of her characters are scarred/flawed in some manner. She doesn't try to make her characters sound like they lived the most idyllic life. I love that about her writing. The research she puts into her writing makes the story even more relatable. Brenna has never disappointed me,
Amy Mccann
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**CRAZY CAJUN BOOK ADDICTS BLOG**

Such a fantastic book Ryan and Gray are spectacular characters both have had a rough time at some points in their lives, the first chapter is a total heart wrencher that left me with a lump in my throat.

The characters have great chemistry and Gray's totally understanding and compassionate towards Ryan and I love how she reaches out to him.

Gary's dad is a total douchebag who thinks he can dictate but its time she pulled up her big girl panties and let herself be l
Rose David
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ryan and Gray are your unlikely pair.
Ryan an fired from NASA astronaut.
Gray a woman who would love nothing more than to go into space, but unable to due to health.
After Gray is assigned to babysit Ryan, she finds herself in an awkward position. Ryan had turned into an out of control play boy. But she finds out he’s also a remarkable person with many dark demons.
The pair come together in the most unlikely way. Gray wants to know more and Ryan wants nothing more than to forget.
I absolutely lo
Naomi
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Houston we have a problem..." I really need book 2! We are left with a cliff hanger, but that is part of the excitement. I love how Brenna Aubrey writes strong nerdy women, and who can not love a cocky but wounded astro-hottie! I'm a total space nerd, so Ryan gave me all the feels! The sexual tension between him and Gray ignited the pages! I really hope in book 2 we get more of Pari and Gray's friendship. I love the bond they have, and get a good laugh when Pari shows up.
I can't wait till book
Michelle
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brenna has somehow managed to take her writing to the next level. I immediately became immersed in “High Risk” and have to say her evolution as a writer is simply incredible to witness. If there was a Romance sub-genre called Sapiosexual Romance, this book would definitely appear in that category. Her writing provided such a great escape in the form of a work so real I felt like a voyeur as I read. Warning: Do not even think about reading the first page unless you have a half a day at your dispo ...more
Dalya Mamadou
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never ever think a story about an astronaut will hook me up this bad. Tyler Ryan is an astronaut who have issues he won’t talk about but want to fly again so bad he is ready to open up about them to Gray Barrett who is not just the shrink he will have to work with but also the daughter of one of the biggest investors. Investor who will allow him to fly again. But he never except what opening up to her will bring.

Ryan and Gray will make you redefine the expression “sexual tension”, this book is
Anastasia
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whatever you’re doing, stop and read this book RIGHT NOW!

High Risk is the latest from the brilliant mind of Brenna Aubrey and I think she gets better with each book. These characters have the depth and development I’ve come to expect from Ms Aubrey and their story captivated from the very first page.

High Risk has it all - hot astronauts, a sassy heroine, a healthy dose of angst, and a unique storyline - what’s not to love?! Do yourself a favour and get this book now!
Sammi Dyer
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Brenna Aubrey. She has a way of wrapping you up nice and tight with her storyline. The chemistry Between Ryan and Gray was fantastic and will be carried on in the next book, which I'm so out of this world excited about. I can't wait to see what is next and highly recommend reading this book.
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness I am so happy Brenna Aubrey has come out with a new series. I have always loved her books and this book is just as amazing if not more. Tyler and Gray are perfect for each other and I love the whole armed forces part of it. I am just in love

Arc was kindly given iin exchange for an honest review.
Jo
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
death is an escape route, survive is more difficult for the rest. u need to seen what u need to, facing the things u don’t want or deserve.

dead guy already dead n people don’t blame them because they already dead, the live one, the guilty, the pressure, survival eating us.

that’s Ryan.
Lynn
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, not great literature, but it's not meant to be. Simply a hot romance. But beware! This is only part 1. The story cannot stand alone. It ends abruptly just when it's getting good. Suckered into buying book 2. Not happy about that. But still getting the next book! Ha ha ha!
Tina
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenna Aubrey has done it again with her newest novel High Risk. I have been a fan of this author from her very first book so when she announced that a new series was on the horizon I could not wait to read it. Ryan and Grey have this great chemistry from the very start. Brenna's
characters are so relatable that you can't help but feel a part of their journey.
Great job Brenna can't wait to read book 2!

Trinity Rubino
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

The book had on the edge of my seat the hole time right up until the end , I'll warn you now you may be pissed off with the ending
Dreamer's Books
Ryan is a former Navy Seal and savior of an international space station. He carries guilt for not being able to save his best friend from a tragic accident. He meets Gray, a flight psychologist when he gets offered a chance to fly again. Gray is there to keep Ryan "Ty" on the straight and narrow but the two clash and the chemistry is instant between them. Will the two be able to work things out? This is the first book in a duet about their story. The next book is coming in December.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Raise Your Game
  • Take a Chance on Me (Miracle on Chance Avenue, #3)
  • SEAL The Deal (Special Ops: Homefront #1)
  • The Charismatic Cowboy (Firestone Falls, #1)
  • I Will Always Love You (The Gentileschi Sisters #1)
  • Rebel Pilot, Texas Doctor (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #1)
  • Swipe Right for a Cowboy (Riverrun Ranch, #1)
  • Risking It All (Rockford Fire Department, #2)
  • This Crazy Love (Swoon #1)
  • Homecoming for the Cowboy (Bad Boys of Last Stand #1)
  • 15 Minutes (Time for Love, #4)
  • Fully Involved (Island Fire, #3)
  • Mr. White (Case Brothers)
  • The Sheriff's Woman
  • The Cowboy Meets His Match
  • Kilty Pleasure (The McLaughlins, #2)
  • Heat (Firefighters of Montana, #4)
  • Next Door to the Billionaire (Bluebonnets & Billionaires, #1)
~*~*~Signup for Brenna's mailing list for occasional news & announcements~*~*~

Brenna Aubrey is a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of contemporary romance stories that center on geek culture. Her debut novel, At Any Price, is currently free on all platforms. . Her books are on over a million e-readers worldwide and have been translated into German, French and Italian.

She has always sought comfor

Point of No Return (2 books)
  • High Reward (Point of No Return, #2)

News & Interviews