Start by marking “A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe, #6)

A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe

(Comfort Food Cafe #6)

Wedding bells ring out in Budbury as the Comfort Food Café and its cosy community of regulars are gearing up for a big celebration…

But Auburn Longville doesn’t have time for that! Between caring for her poorly mum, moving in with her sister and running the local pharmacy, life is busy enough – and it’s about to get busier. Chaos arrives in the form of a figure from her pas
Published March 7th 2019 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe

Claire Robinson
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3 - "We shall make the world a better place, one cake at a time…" Stars.

So we reach the end of the Comfort Food Café series with Pharmacist Auburn Longville’s story wrapping things with the village and residents of Budbury up.

Gosh… I’m annoying.

As much as I have loved this series, the last couple of books have definitely been less enjoyable for me, A Wedding at the Comfort Food Café being a bit of a disappointment all round. Don’t get me wrong, it was easy enough to read, with the usual wit, o
Agi
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, 2019-releases

Auburn, the former wild child, has settled in Budbury. She, with the brilliant red hair, still tries to stop smoking and sometimes drinks too much, but she's happy in her skin - finally. Her relationship with the gorgeous Finn is going from strength to strength and really, everything looks peachy. That is, until one day, one shock revelation sees the light of day and an unexpected visitor arrives - and this sends Auburn back to her reckless day in Spain. She starts to question her choices - shal
Alison
Auburn Longville is the former wild child turned pharmacist, brilliant red hair (hence the name) with a few bad habits (trying to stop smoking, drinks too much on occasion), she has turned her life around and her new relationship with Finn Jensen seems to be going really well. Then, in what Auburn refers to as 'Diary Irony', someone from her past comes to sleepy Budbury to stir things up and lead Auburn to question her life.

I've got to say I just love this series, set in a small village and cent
Kim
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
After reading this one I’m no onger sad that the series is ending. I don’t much care for Auburn, she is pretty terrible and the storyline with Seb and Finn was just uncomfortable and juvenile.

I was really into this series at first but the fringe characters got to be too much like caricatures of stereotypes. Did we ever find out who Joanne is/was?

My copy was provided by NetGalley for review.
Nicola Clough
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sad this is the last one in the series as such an amazing good series and simply didn’t want it to end. This book is so well written and worth more than five stars as so good and you really enjoy spending time hearing about the cafe and all the friends there. Full of heartbreak, romance and friendship and facing up to your past to move forward. Also has weddings and babies a plenty. Very heartwarming read and amazingly good read.
This book was based around Auburn she came home to help out her
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe after 6 amazing books we finally have to say goodbye to Budbury, and The Comfort Food Cafe. I adore this series, but understand good things apparently must come to an end.

So not only do we finally get Auburn;s story, we get to see Laura and Matt's story resolve itself.

And what a story it is, with a massive secrete from Aubern's past being revealed.

I loved meeting up with all the Comfort food regulars, and seeing the latest instalments in their lives.

This was just a great feel
Jane Linfoot
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely standalone story here, if it's your first visit to the Comfort Food Cafe I guarantee you'll be rushing back to Budbury for more. Full of lovely, quirky characters and writing that fills your head with fabulous pictures of seaside Dorset, and the lovely village community and cliff-top cafe setting. But it's not all hot buttered toast, Auburn's struggles are gritty, and heartbreaking, I laughed and cried my way through the book, sometimes both at once. A wonderful book that made my heart ...more
Pat Langhelt
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely ending to this series I enjoyed and Debbie letter at the end 😍
Bookworman
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Jenn Webley
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I LOVE this series of books. The Comfort Food Cafe has brought me, as a reader, so much joy. What wonderful, feel good stories, warm, lovable characters and a wicked sense of fun and friendship - we have been spoiled with these books and feel part of that much loved community so, it's only right to feel a sense of grief creeping in knowing that this is our last visit.

And what a flourishing finale it is! I was hooked from the off - which isn't unusual, you can always count on Debbie for a cosy,
Joanne Clark
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is bittersweet for me as i have read every book in this series and i found myself feeling rather emotional reading this one as it’s the last book of the series. I have loved every single book and this one didn’t disappoint either. Catching up with the gang has been an absolute rollercoaster as always. Debbie Johnson is an absolutely fabulous writer and has created one of my favourite places to visit and i almost feel like I’m part of their family when i read these books. Absolutely fantasti ...more
Karen Whittard
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful fitting ending to a fabulous series of books. I have loved this series so much and although I am sad that it is coming to an end. I’m happy that it ended in such a happy, wonderful way. Although I was saddened to read the lovely closing letter that Debbie wrote at the start of the book. Which told everyone what would happen in the book and beyond. Which was meant to be at the back of the book and not the front. This didn’t distract too much from the lovely book that Debbie had writte ...more
Sally Coles
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is mainly about Auburn, the red headed wild child who came back to Budbury to help look after her mother with dementia. Auburn has settled back into life running the pharmacy and starting a relationship with Finn, which seems to be going from strength to strength......... is she finally going to settle down and be happy or will her past catch up with her when she least expects it!

Very sad that this is the last book in this brilliant series, as with all of the others this book is full
Katie
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my favourite chic lit series and I’m so sad that this will be the final book about the comfort food cafe. Just like all of the others this was full of humour, fun and romance and again as the others did left me wishing the comfort food cafe existed. The only reason this wasn’t a five stars for me was purely because it was centred around Auburn who was likeable enough but I’d have rather the final book in the series be more about some of the more popular characters which have appeared thr ...more
Aileen
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit-romance
Enjoyable, but glad this series is coming to an end. The stories are a little interchangeable, and very similar in the 'woman with a few issues, meets lovely bloke but all sorts of challenges in getting to the point where they walk off into the sunset, cheered on by the village'.
Emily Yolland
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler*.
*Spoiler*
So sad this series is at an end. Missing the comfort food cafe already. Over the last few years these stories have come to feel like old friends who will be missed until next time I read them.
Krista
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have enjoyed all of the Comfort Food Cafe books. This one was a bit much. I did not truly embrace the narrative voice of this book. Auburn’s voice was a bit too whiny. This book just didn’t have enough of the magic from the other books, and I think it was Auburn’s voice. But it was nice to spend a little more time with the folks that frequent the Comfort Food Cafe. I will miss all of them.
Emma Crowley
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the acknowledgements Debbie herself has admitted she is sad that this is the last book but that the time is right to end things as authors quite often keep a series endlessly running simply for the money and because it's easier. But when the ideas have run out and the series is still fresh and innovative now is the time to finish things. I would have hated to see the Comfort Food Cafe dragged out just for the sake of it because everything the readers have loved about this series would have be ...more
Helen
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
‘A Wedding at the Comfort Food Café’ is the latest – and sadly, the final - instalment in the wonderful ‘Comfort Food Café’ series by Debbie Johnson. I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book as an opportunity to return to Budbury, one of my favourite fictional locations, and to revisit some old friends.
The book focuses on Auburn, who we have met before earlier in the series, a former wild child who has settled in Budbury to support her family and has entered into a relationship with
Sparkle
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Jane Hunt
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Comfort Food Cafe has been a favourite read, since its inception. There is so much to love, with its quirky characters looking for someone to love them and give them a second chance. Cake to die for, and a wonderful sense of community and friendship that symbolises the ethos of these heartwarming, humorous and ultimately happy stories.

The final book in the series has a very special wedding. Laura was our first introduction to the cafe and her story is still one of my favourites. It made me c
Alba
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Comfort Food Café. I've completely fallen in love with this series, its characters and of course, the cosy setting. Although I am sad that this is the last installment in the series, I think it was the right decision from the author, to end on a high note. Through the series, we have read about 6 amazing women, I have cheered for them and I have shared their joy at finding their own happy endings, and they will for sure keep a little piece of my heart.

But let's talk about this story n
Emma
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an early preview copy of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.
I have read all of the other books which are set at the comfort cafe, this one is sadly the last in the series. I absolutely love the series, and I couldn't recommend them enough. In my opinion, it is advisable to read the books in order, as there is such a wide range of characters, who gradually get introduced throughout the series. It would not be as enjoyable as a standalone novel, although the book do
Kate Mclaughlin
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful ending to a fabulous series, A Wedding at the Comfort Food Café was a balm to my soul after a wretched week. Snuggling down, wrapped up in my throw I delved back into Budbury, catching up with old friends. Autumn has been one of my favourite characters in the Comfort Food Café series. I love her complexities, her spirit, and her straightforwardness, she is a breath of fresh air.
Then there is Finn, *sighs*. Finn, the water to Autumn’s flame, a man, not without his own problems, w
Lynn
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! This is the last of the Comfort Food Cafe series, and I feel a bit sad, as if all these wonderful characters are going to continue their lives, without my being there to read about it. This is Auburn's story. Moving back to Budbury to help her brother and sister with their Mum, who sufers from Alzheimers, Auburn has fallen in love with Finn. There is one problem with this, it seems she is already married. When she sends the divorce papers to be signed, her long estranged huband ...more
Megan
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Iv really enjoyed this series (I have missed out one book but I will read it) I was getting slightly annoyed about the words getting joined up, at some points I was trying to work out what the word meant until I realised it was two or three words together 🤷♀
I still liked the book, I felt sorry for Finn having to go through that, in my opinion she should have told Sev to jog on right away and stuck to her word. I also wanted more of their wedding in the book, more details of the day and the run
Angie Hackett
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous read.

I love coming back to the Comfort Food Cafe. I love seeing the vast array of colourful, intricate, deep and flawed characters finding their peace in the rural folds of coastal England.

Auburn is especially flawed but her journey of growth, empowerment and self improvement is probably the best of the bunch. Finn was fantastic and clearly had his own demons to tame. The beautiful backdrop of Budbury is the perfect setting for their love story and happily ever after.

Edie rocks, if any
Sue Rouse
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Final

I am so sad that this is the final book in the Comfort Food Cafe series but this book does not disappoint and goes out on a high. It’s a good idea to read in order so to understand the characters. I love it that the characters move from book to book so by the time we get here I can’t wait to know more about Auburn. Well written, easy to read and loveable characters so much so that you need to remind yourself that you are reading a novel!! Thank you for writing this series.
Amy
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All Good Things Come to an End

I loved this book just as much as the others. I cried so many years because of the story but also knowing I was saying goodbye to these amazing characters and community. When an author makes a town so real I feel like I'm visiting it's hard knowing I'll never get to visit again. Here's hoping the author ends up missing everyone as much as I will and decides she can't say goodbye.
Nikki Brown
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nooo, the last book in the series which I've loved from the first book! Debbie explains at the beginning of the this book why she's decided to finish the series, and I do understand why, but I'm sad there won't be more. I'll just have to read them all again!

This book centers in Auburn, Willow's sister and pharmacist in Budbury, and her relationship with Finn, the manager at Briarwood.

All the main characters are here, and it's a fitting ending to a fantastic series.

I'm off to re-read the series

Comfort Food Cafe (6 books)
  • Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe #1)
  • Christmas at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe #2)
  • Coming Home to the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #3)
  • Sunshine at the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe #4)
  • A Gift from the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #5)