Start by marking “The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System” as Want to Read:
The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System

The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System

Can’t I read stallion novels anymore?! [TN: genre with OP protag & harem]

Shen Yuan is reborn into a young man and scum villain destined to die, Shen Qingqiu.

But it must be known that the original Shen Qingqiu was sliced alive by his disciple, Luo Binghe, into a human stick! A human stick!

Shen Qingqiu’s heart is a full herd of grass mud horses running full tilt, yet:

“It
ebook
Published 2015 by jjwxc

To ask other readers questions about The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System

Start your review of The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System
xebec
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i love lbh and i laughed a lot but mxtx writes such awkward scary papapa it rly makes me anxious lol
Ellen
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the best type of trash
Silvia
What do you rate something by your favorite author that had such a good and fun concept and kept you entertained for almost the full length of it but used so many tropes you absolutely hate and had highly questionable content but you still want to look at fanart and read fanfiction sldhdkdhdk [edit: I went with three stars because I do feel mostly positively about it]

Okay that's basically it but I do want to write a bit more about this so here's a slightly more proper review:

I'm making 2020 the
Agnieszka
It was so meta, I loved that about this book. Shen Yuan's epic irritation with stupid plotholes in a book he bought and spent a month reading... highly relatable. And basically how it shows how fanfiction works. Nice.
As for the rest, omg, it was such a crude crack badfic, which was probably as intended because satire, but it still made me feel like I moved back in time to 2005.
Inn Auni
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it
BEWARE of SPOILER

Truthfully, I would have like it if it was a rebirth plot instead of transmigration. I wanted Shen Qingqiu himself to change the outcome of his previous life instead of letting Shen Yuan (the transmigrator) did it. It felt off as Luo Binghe kept thinking that his master have change. Of course he did. He was entirely a different person with the same look.

The previous plot was simple. Luo Binghe was abused to the point of no return. And when he found out that he was half demon, he
源
i honestly don't even know what was happening in the end there. you can tell this was mxtx's first novel, it's kinda choppy and reallyyy questionable at some parts. it did make me laugh multiple times, and unexpectedly tugged at my heartstrings at times LOL. the whole transmutation thing is pretty interesting i think i'll read more of this genre. | He was merely a child all along. He walked alone on this earth, ran around in the dark, and fallen countless times. He never asked for much, and yet ...more
Ana Lucía Gómez
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mmm, I read MDZS and I really liked it so I wanted to read this. Turns out for me it's not as good, I know this is the first book the author wrote so I'm less judgmental but still it dissapointed me a lot. The romance for me was developed really sloppy, and even though I did laugh I couldn't get attached to the characters.

Also the dynamic of the main couple bothers me a lot because of certain scene so that.

Now to read the celestial novel.
Liz
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never before have I loved something so trashy so much.
This one has many downright hilarious scenes and simultaneously it can hit you right in the feels at the most unexpected times.
And chapter 43 is an absolute tearjerker. I will never be over the pain of ch.43 and what poor Binghe had to go through.
sri
Jan 30, 2020 added it
Shelves: fantasy, terrible
"If he had a physical copy of "Proud Immortal Demon Way" in his hand, he would have slapped his [author's] face with the book a long time ago"

It's incredible how the author managed to summarize my entire experience of reading her books in one sentence.
kari
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, novels
So this novel was HILARIOUS! Shen Qingqiu is a character after my own heart. Such annoyance, rage, and disdain for the general idiocy of the world, I loved it. I was laughing out loud on the first page and was just immediately swept in. I didn't read this extremely quickly, since I read a lot of other things at the same time, and this was the fun, easy thing I'd read as a break in between, but eventually I started to ship BingQiu SO MUCH, and just had to binge the book. I read most of it, about ...more
Tripti
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*cry cry cry*
Throughout the entirety of it I was so frustrated!!! BINGHE QINGQIU PLEASE HAVE A PEACEFUL OPEN TALK OML
poor Bingpup so lonely feeling so alone and discarded I CAN'T FJJDKFJGKJFKFJHF

UWAAHHHHH!

Though will have to say, I read MoDaoZuShi first and if I'm to compare the impact the works had on me, this one was more for light reading while MDZS was "GET INVESTED AND STAB YOURSELF TILL YOU BLEED OUT FROM EMOTIONAL OVERLOAD"
Will re read SVSSS soon uwu
Nina
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Still love to reread it.

I finished this days after I started it. And.... I've been rereading it ever since I lost count how many times I reread it. Actually I read MDZS first but because of the long chapters, I thought I tried another of the author's work. I was completely hooked!!!
And yes, I still reread it now, sometimes I choose the first few chapters and sometimes the few last chapters.
Christine
Sobs i love it so much
Susan
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, lgbt, romance
There we have it, I’ve read all of MXTX. This one is definitely my least fave (I can for sure rank it MDZS > TGCF > SVSSS), but I had a LOT of fun.

Shen Yuan, an avid reader of web novels dies in the real world and gets transported to his most hated book – The Proud Immortal Demon’s Way, a fantasy wish-fulfillment novel where the all-powerful protagonist, Luo Binghe, conquers the world and marries 600 wives – as the villain Shen Qingqiu, who is killed by the protagonist in the most violent
Seb
Jan 31, 2020 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
i hate mxtx in a way that's beyond human comprehension
qikiqtarjuaq
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This fucking book. It is so hysterically funny and meta, and while your guard is lowered from the laughing, it stabs at you with knives and feelings. I love Shen Qingqiu as a narrator, his outrage at all the bad villains, the plot holes, and best of all: his complete obliviousness to his own attractiveness as well his own feelings/emotions.

The main premise is after Shen Yuan dies in a freak accident, he transmigrates into the body of a cannon fodder villain named Shen Qingqiu in a book he used
Ririn
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, romance
This book wasn't perfect but the characterization was so GOOD. Mo Xiang Tong Xiu could always make you feel for the characters even the one considered to be the villain. This book was mostly humor, but damn if I didn't cry in some parts. And yes, yes, I know Binghe's love/obsession towards his shizun isn't healthy (!!) but I cried when Shen Qingqiu died in his arms and then he kept his body for 5 years, I just.... T__T why.

And ah, my fave Shizun, Shen Qingqiu, aka Shen Yuan the annoying otaku
Áo Hoa
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4/5
The author's writing is really my cup of tea: funny details/sentences, sarcastic remarks and a lot of twists.
This was her first novel, so I didn't have any high expectations when I started reading it. But it surprised me. I was upset at the time and the book cheered me up (that's why I ranked it 5/5 even though it should be 4/5 lol). It is really entertaining, even more than Mo Dao Zu Shi and Tiān Guān Cì Fú. I like the way I didn't need to think much when I read it.
Madalyn (booksandcatsandnaps)
Not sure how to rate this honestly because you know those books that you have a blast reading, but probably wouldn't recommend unless the other person has like your exact same tastes?

This is that kind of book. It isn't meant to be taken seriously and there is definitely some really problematic things in here, but guuuuuuuys, I laughed so much reading this! And I really needed that.
B. Jean
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance, xianxia
Currently caught up to the most recent chapter 95. I'm loving this, I didn't expect to like it more than Heaven's Official Blessing, but somehow I do. Not that Heaven's Official Blessing isn't excellent, they both are.

Now I'll have to wait for the updates like everyone else, but wow, what an author!
Nessa
There’s a new fan translation that’s better explained and better translated at https://faelicy.tumblr.com/post/18503... though it’s still recent so it doesn’t have many chapters done yet so for the MTL it can always be found at https://www.novelupdates.com/series/t...
Miss Susan
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
light novels are too powerful, every time i get into one it eats my brain until i've read it all

addendum: having read some of the extras i would like to say that we are BANNING papapa in this household. truly terrifying behaviour!

4 stars
Amanda Prado
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3,5 stars. super fun, but unfortunately LIs with yandere tendencies aren’t personally my thing so yeah

but it’s so funny how you can see mxtx just well FULL self-indulgent on the kinks + trashy romance tropes in svsss, and then toned them down + presented them in a more “acceptable” way in mdzs
Merythapy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asia
You can definitely tell it was a first novel but somehow I was still completely addicted?? I actually really loved SQQ and the whole concept of going into a book and the system and everything. Usually characters go into books they love; it was really funny to see someone go into a book they hate.
▪️◾️▪️ Jenvile ▪️◾️▪️
I really enjoyed the first 60% of the story but then it got a little bit repetitive and confusing by the last 40%. I didn’t enjoy it as much as I did with MDZS, but the first half is definitely quick paced, fresh and exciting!
Roquel Roquel
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I love it. I have cry, laugh and become a puddle of feelings.

It's a good start to know all the world and how the system works. Very recommended
SJ
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked the first half of this and thought the frame narrative of the game system was funny. The back half has a major tone shift, which I knew was coming but liked...less.
Imani Chestnut
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to try and make this concise by using the review of this that I did on twitter, but the short version is: I loved this book an almost insane amount.

The long version is:

I went into Scum Villain not expecting a whole lot, especially because everyone said that MXTX's writing always gets better with her other works compared to this one, so a part of me was prepared to be disappointed. Let it be known now that I was an utter fool.

I'd always heard that everyone thought that Scum Villain's
Claudia
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
The only transmigration novel I like.
Transmigration novels all have an interesting starting concept: contemporary real-world person's soul transmigrating into a novel's character body. Some transmigrated character lack all body memory of the fictional character's body so they need to learn from zero or peril, but this protagonist doesn't have this limitation, he's only limited by not going Out Of Character under threat of death. Which, all right, sounds reasonable.
But I still don't understand