Start by marking “The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System [人渣反派自救系统]” as Want to Read:
The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System [人渣反派自救系统]

The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System [人渣反派自救系统]

(The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System #1-3)

Can’t I read stallion novels anymore?! [TN: genre with OP protag & harem]

Shen Yuan is reborn into a young man and scum villain destined to die, Shen Qingqiu.

But it must be known that the original Shen Qingqiu was sliced alive by his disciple, Luo Binghe, into a human stick! A human stick!

Shen Qingqiu’s heart is a full herd of grass mud horses running full tilt, yet:

“It’s n
Published 2015 by jjwxc

mii I would like to say less sad, but I think the reality is that the sadness is still there in Scum Villain, more or less in equal amounts as her other t…moreI would like to say less sad, but I think the reality is that the sadness is still there in Scum Villain, more or less in equal amounts as her other two works, I daresay. It's just more "masked" by comedy mainly due to, among other things, Shen Qingqiu's perspective, while her other two works feel more in-your-face with sadness in comparison without that kind of outlandish (?) comedy or otherwise to pad it out. There are definitely still emotional moments in there though that rival those in her other two works.

As cait said, the plotting is definitely not as deep. Not only is it her first novel, it is also the shortest one as well, with its main story only spanning just over 85 chapters.(less)

Start your review of The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System [人渣反派自救系统]
Silvia
What do you rate something by your favorite author that had such a good and fun concept and kept you entertained for almost the full length of it but used so many tropes you absolutely hate and had highly questionable content but you still want to look at fanart and read fanfiction sldhdkdhdk [edit: I went with three stars because I do feel mostly positively about it]

Okay that's basically it but I do want to write a bit more about this so here's a slightly more proper review:

I'm making 2020 the
Ellen
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the best type of trash
xebec
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i love lbh and i laughed a lot but mxtx writes such awkward scary papapa it rly makes me anxious lol
Agnieszka
It was so meta, I loved that about this book. Shen Yuan's epic irritation with stupid plotholes in a book he bought and spent a month reading... highly relatable. And basically how it shows how fanfiction works. Nice.
As for the rest, omg, it was such a crude crack badfic, which was probably as intended because satire, but it still made me feel like I moved back in time to 2005.
董
i honestly don't even know what was happening in the end there. you can tell this was mxtx's first novel, it's kinda choppy and reallyyy questionable at some parts. it did make me laugh multiple times, and unexpectedly tugged at my heartstrings at times LOL. the whole transmutation thing is pretty interesting i think i'll read more of this genre. | He was merely a child all along. He walked alone on this earth, ran around in the dark, and fallen countless times. He never asked for much, and yet ...more
Liz
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never before have I loved something so trashy so much.
This one has many downright hilarious scenes and simultaneously it can hit you right in the feels at the most unexpected times.
And chapter 43 is an absolute tearjerker. I will never be over the pain of ch.43 and what poor Binghe had to go through.
Sue✨
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
That was an amusing and fun read. Not as good as "grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation" but still very enjoyable ❤️ ...more
Nessa
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first half of this novel is something i’ve read 2 times, but each time Bingge falls and returns it quickly loses my interest so I’m considering this completed cause i know how it ends etc.

The first half is def 4 stars worthy, the later half i’d give it 2 stars or less,,,,

There’s a new fan translation that’s better explained can be found at https://faelicy.tumblr.com/post/18503...
Haya
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
i love mxtx but damn you can kinda tell this was her first book though
Susan
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, lgbt
There we have it, I’ve read all of MXTX. This one is definitely my least fave (I can for sure rank it MDZS > TGCF > SVSSS), but I had a LOT of fun.

Shen Yuan, an avid reader of web novels dies in the real world and gets transported to his most hated book – The Proud Immortal Demon’s Way, a fantasy wish-fulfillment novel where the all-powerful protagonist, Luo Binghe, conquers the world and gets himself 600 wives – as the villain Shen Qingqiu, who is killed by the protagonist in the most violent w
jocelyn
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 / 5
as expected of mxtx, i loved it! i watched the first season (?) of the donghua, and i figured i might as well read the novel. i will admit, it’s not as amazing as mdzs, but it was fun. i really liked the concept of an isekai-type story where the mc dies and gets thrust into an originally villainous character. i thought it was very interesting how the whole story started off as a game almost, and also funny how the mc actually hated the story he ends up getting transported into.
here, shen yu
Inn Auni
BEWARE of SPOILER

Truthfully, I would have like it if it was a rebirth plot instead of transmigration. I wanted Shen Qingqiu himself to change the outcome of his previous life instead of letting Shen Yuan (the transmigrator) did it. It felt off as Luo Binghe kept thinking that his master have change. Of course he did. He was entirely a different person with the same look.

The previous plot was simple. Luo Binghe was abused to the point of no return. And when he found out that he was half demon, he
LuanaRainbow
This is a story about abuse, trauma and the terrible consequences of miscommunication told in the form of a metafictional and hilarious novel. The juxtaposition of these themes and style may sound particularly weird and inappropriate, but believe me when I say that it's honestly mind-blowing, brilliant and powerful.
My love for MXTX has just reached a new peak.

The themes and messages of the novel are later expanded in mdzs and tgcf in a very poetic and complex way... But here everything is raw,
Kristalia
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sobs i love it so much
deem
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
I honestly can’t decide how much should I rate this book but atm I’ll give it 4 stars because I couldn’t stop laughing half of the time, this book was hilarious even tho I didn’t like some parts in it.
kari
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
So this novel was HILARIOUS! Shen Qingqiu is a character after my own heart. Such annoyance, rage, and disdain for the general idiocy of the world, I loved it. I was laughing out loud on the first page and was just immediately swept in. I didn't read this extremely quickly, since I read a lot of other things at the same time, and this was the fun, easy thing I'd read as a break in between, but eventually I started to ship BingQiu SO MUCH, and just had to binge the book. I read most of it, about ...more
qikiqtarjuaq
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This fucking book. It is so hysterically funny and meta, and while your guard is lowered from the laughing, it stabs at you with knives and feelings. I love Shen Qingqiu as a narrator, his outrage at all the bad villains, the plot holes, and best of all: his complete obliviousness to his own attractiveness as well his own feelings/emotions.

The main premise is after Shen Yuan dies in a freak accident, he transmigrates into the body of a cannon fodder villain named Shen Qingqiu in a book he used t
Ana Lucía Gómez
May 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mmm, I read MDZS and I really liked it so I wanted to read this. Turns out for me it's not as good, I know this is the first book the author wrote so I'm less judgmental but still it dissapointed me a lot. The romance for me was developed really sloppy, and even though I did laugh I couldn't get attached to the characters.

Also the dynamic of the main couple bothers me a lot because of certain scene so that.

Now to read the celestial novel.
Tripti
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*cry cry cry*
Throughout the entirety of it I was so frustrated!!! BINGHE QINGQIU PLEASE HAVE A PEACEFUL OPEN TALK OML
poor Bingpup so lonely feeling so alone and discarded I CAN'T FJJDKFJGKJFKFJHF

UWAAHHHHH!

Though will have to say, I read MoDaoZuShi first and if I'm to compare the impact the works had on me, this one was more for light reading while MDZS was "GET INVESTED AND STAB YOURSELF TILL YOU BLEED OUT FROM EMOTIONAL OVERLOAD"
Will re read SVSSS soon uwu
Madalyn (booksandcatsandnaps)
Not sure how to rate this honestly because you know those books that you have a blast reading, but probably wouldn't recommend unless the other person has like your exact same tastes?

This is that kind of book. It isn't meant to be taken seriously and there is definitely some really problematic things in here, but guuuuuuuys, I laughed so much reading this! And I really needed that.
eri b.❀
He even wished this was a different story.

edit 16/10/2020

Re-reading this, and especially reading this time the new translation, I decided to redo my initial review completely. Lots of it continues to stand, but I did enjoy it better this second time and thus rounded up my initial rating. This is very difficult though because even if I generally enjoyed it (I really, really loved the concept! And it made me laugh a lot!) there was... some... questionable content... that made me certainly unc
Gunjan (NerdyBirdie)
Sep 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
This was going to be a 2-star rating. But I also love Shizun like everyone else and the extras for this novel bumped up the rating by one more star. Also, because this book actually made me laugh out loud at some points.
Gongxi Yao was shocked and immediately said, “Although I don’t know what happened in the Juedi Valley, I believe that Elder isn’t the sort of person who would murder his disciple.”

Okay, let me tell you why… because you and I are canon fodder on the opposite side of the protag
Ririn
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, fantasy, romance
This book wasn't perfect but the characterization was so GOOD. Mo Xiang Tong Xiu could always make you feel for the characters even the one considered to be the villain. This book was mostly humor, but damn if I didn't cry in some parts. And yes, yes, I know Binghe's love/obsession towards his shizun isn't healthy (!!) but I cried when Shen Qingqiu died in his arms and then he kept his body for 5 years, I just.... T__T why.

And ah, my fave Shizun, Shen Qingqiu, aka Shen Yuan the annoying otaku m
Nina
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Still love to reread it.

I finished this days after I started it. And.... I've been rereading it ever since 😄😄😄 I lost count how many times I reread it. Actually I read MDZS first but because of the long chapters, I thought I tried another of the author's work. I was completely hooked!!!
And yes, I still reread it now, sometimes I choose the first few chapters and sometimes the few last chapters.
Merythapy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asia
You can definitely tell it was a first novel but somehow I was still completely addicted?? I actually really loved SQQ and the whole concept of going into a book and the system and everything. Usually characters go into books they love; it was really funny to see someone go into a book they hate.
epiphany
"If he had a physical copy of "Proud Immortal Demon Way" in his hand, he would have slapped his [author's] face with the book a long time ago"

It's incredible how the author managed to summarize my entire experience of reading her books in one sentence.
cindy
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you looking for depth characters like mdzs, then it was not. The story was lighter, funnier, crazier, and whatever-er. While the story of Luo Binghe was becoming quite solid (thx to Shen Qinqiu who wouldn't like to be human popsicle, so giving then a lot of backgrounds and less harem style), i think the main attraction was how SQQ interact with the system. It was hillarious!!
Second couple story was also sweet.
Maryam || a_typical_teen_reader
Sure, Luo Binghe and Shen Qingqiu are cute and all, but MOSHANG (Shang Qinghua and Mobei jun)!!!
HOLY CRAP, i did not know i needed this ship that bad. Now to spend hours scrolling through fan art. 😌
esil
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
this made me question my morality a little yes but it was still interesting and i liked it a lot ~~ still feeling guilty tho

• 天官赐福 [Tiān Guān Cì Fú]
  • The Legendary Master’s Wife
  • 地球上線 [The Earth Is Online]
  • 快穿之打臉狂魔 Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil
  • Silent Reading [默读]

The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System (4 books)
  • ตัวร้ายอย่างข้า...จะหนีเอาตัวรอดยังไงดี เล่ม 1
  • 人渣反派自救系統 中 (The Scum Villain's Self-Saving Sytem, #2)
  • 人渣反派自救系統 下 (The Scum Villain's Self-Saving Sytem, #3)