Start by marking “Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)

Pestilence

(The Four Horsemen #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  18,841 ratings  ·  2,644 reviews
They came to earth—Pestilence, War, Famine, Death—four horsemen riding their screaming steeds, racing to the corners of the world. Four horsemen with the power to destroy all of humanity. They came to earth, and they came to end us all.

When Pestilence comes for Sara Burn’s town, one thing is certain: everyone she knows and loves is marked for death. Unless, of course, the
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 381 pages
Published September 14th 2018 by Laura Thalassa (first published March 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Pestilence, please sign up.
Laura Thalassa Yep, it does! This book is NA (new adult), which means the main character is between the ages of 18 to 25, and it deals with sexual situations. Expect…moreYep, it does! This book is NA (new adult), which means the main character is between the ages of 18 to 25, and it deals with sexual situations. Expect about the same level as a regular romance novel!(less)

·  18,841 ratings  ·  2,644 reviews

Katerina
Katerina's Guide to Surviving the Apocalypse
(or Pestilence and All His Friends)

DO not, I repeat do not, let mind-blowingly beautiful covers seduce you. This is the first step towards your doom.

IF you were weak like me and gave in to the temptress called Cover, you must be prepared to shut your moral compass. That is necessary if you do not wish to spend your entire reading experience hearing the voices in your head screaming error.404.this.is.not.right.

ACCEPT that you WILL NOT dive into
Navessa
FUCKING BRAVO.

Okay, so here's the thing, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book like this. You know, one where there's a borderline Stockholm Syndrome relationship going on.

Because feminist rage.

This author pulled it off for me, though, and I'm so frigging happy she did, because sometimes I just want to tune out and enjoy a love story that's dark and twisted and oh so wrong that it's right.

However, I can definitely see other readers having a problem with this book and the romance that
 Ⓐℳⓨ ♔♚♛Queen Of Fat Cats, Hyper Litters, and Robotic Dogs♛♚♔
Update 9
WAR IS COMING!!!
♛♚♔JULY 11 is the official release date. ♛♚♔
I can't wait! Grow up and don't let people tell you don't read this book that's so childish
Update 8
On second thought this is a 6 stars read!!! Seriously so good. I'm upping my rating 'cuz I recently finished Dark Harmony and it's not as good as this one but I still enjoyed it so much!! So I found a few flaws there and still a 5?? Then Pestilence is 6 'cuz it's so so good. GUYS!!!! you really need to read Thalassa sensei, she's
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
Update 07/22/19
I finished the sequel of this book some hours ago and I have to tell you that I was seriously underating this series. I'm upping my rating to 5 stars beacuse book 2, War has some issues, but it's another safe book that in no way ruins the good things built in Pestilence. If you like me hate cheating heroes and OW after meeting I highly recommend this series.

I also want to point out that Goodreads is a site to express our opinions about books and to discover new books. Any member
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“Because naming things humanizes them. And once you humanize something, you are essentially recognizing it’s existence.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Four years ago four horseman landed on earth. With their arrival humans thought the end of the world was there.
But they were so wrong. The horseman disappeared as fast as they appeared on earth.
Only four years later one of them appears again - Pestilence the conqueror of the world. Spreading a plague through the world he’s destroying Pestilence is attacked by Sar
Jilly
Things I have never expected to say:
1. I think I'll pass on dessert.
2. This is my natural hair color.
3. You girls go get drunk and wild in Vegas without me.
4. I love Pestilence and I can't wait for War!
Okay, so I have still never said the first three, but number 4 is very true. Pestilence is my new book boyfriend. And, good news, HE is actually robbing the cradle, instead of me being a cougar this time. I think I read Paranormal just to get book boyfriends my own age - ancient.

Actual footage of
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Holy shit!

Review to come later!
Sabrina
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

"Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer".

IM SO HAPPY I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS BOOK!

This is the first book that I have read about the Four Horsemen. And damn if it wasn't good.

This book is a great combination of a very realistic and sarcastic female charac
Renégade ♥
5 stars

This book is now on my favourites shelf.

I will definitely be reading it again.

And the general consensus from our buddy read (BR):

Image result for I want more gif

It was a total roller-coaster.

(There were some moments where it seemed to damn near fly off the tracks just to keep us screaming and hanging on for dear life...)

Image result for manga roller coaster gif

And even though this tale was filled with darkness, devastation, suffering, violence, heartbreak and despair?

While it also explored some of the deeper questions about life, death, faith, morality, and G
Rachel Reads Ravenously
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ALL THE STARS!

In a totally random and weird review, I will be using gifs from the movie Elf to express ALL THE FEELINGS!

So me about Laura Thalassa all the time:

Which will probably lead to this:

Anyways... from the moment I saw the cover reveal for Pestilence, I was DYING (get it?) to get my grubby hands on a copy of this book. I preordered and everything, which I rarely ever do. Then once it hit my kindle I couldn't put it down (except for sl
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
Edit 3/15/2019: Does anyone know WHY the first cover was removed and is nowhere to be found? Did the author lose rights or something? I liked it SO much better! :( Did anyone save it?

This is my first book by this author, and I was quite pleased by how great this was. I don't usually like dark romances, but the author totally made this work. It's an apocalyptic/dystopian story about the Four Horsemen arriving on Earth to bring about the end of days. Pestilence is first. All he has to do is ride
Corinne
That cover!

EDIT 09/14/18

I hate the new cover. I had already paid for the paperback and now the new covers won't match. This is the last time I buy a print book of an incomplete series.
Aisling Zena
Free on Amazon.co. uk on 8/6/19 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...

Review sort of posted 23/6/18

I was planning to write a review for this but my body has let me down. Apparently when I get sick I have to do it to extremes. I have the nastiest cold I've had in years while on that time of the the month and battling migraines. I've had quite enough these past three days to be honest.

Anywhocaresaboutthisbitcheshealthproblemsway, I loved the book. I loved the concept and the writing wa
Nenia ⭐ Literary Garbage Can ⭐ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Writing this review makes me sad because I really wanted to love this book for several reasons. One, because I'm friends with the author on Goodreads, have chatted with her, and really like her as a person; she seems really kind, laid-back, and funny. Two, because I am in love with that cover. It seems to be paying homage to the bodice-rippers of the 1980s and 90s, which I am all for, as you probably know, being the self-professed Bodice Ri
jessica
real talk - this story is not for everyone. heck. i didnt even think this would be for me. so imagine my surprise when i found myself somewhat entertained!

there are two major parts to this story - the dystopian, post-apocalyptic world that is present after the arrival of the four horseman (pestilence in particular) and the stockholm syndrome-esque romance between pestilence and sara. its the first part that really got my attention.

not that the romance is horrible - i just couldnt stand sara. i
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melissa (Ever So Mela) by: jilly
YES! YES, YES, YEESSSSS!!!

If paranormal romance was more like Pestilence, I would actually give them a chance.

This exceeded expectations. Though, I do have to be honest, they were very low to begin with. I mean, all I expected was some strong alpha douchebag to conquer some supposedly "strong and ballsy" female and then make her succumb to his whims in the name of lurve. But that wasn't necessarily what happened. I mean, yes and no. But more no than yes? I don't know, you'll have to read and fin
chan ☆
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, new-adult
take me away, plague daddy

this surprised me! essentially, pestilence comes to town and our dear friend sara tries to murder him and burn him alive. he’s not real happy about being made into human bbq so after his immortal ass recovers he takes sara prisoner and true love ensues. duh.

I was definitely surprised at the discussion of immortality and morality in this. also by the characterization. plague daddy was really endearing after the whole rah rah pustule nonsense & sara was compassionate
Jemima
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOOK AT THAT COVER!!!!
I MEAN LOOK AT THAT COVER!!!! 😱😱😱😍😍😍
Who wouldn't want to read a book with a cover like that?! Right?!

Update:
The book is just as good as the cover!
I couldn't put it down..from the moment I finished reading the first chapter...I was hooked! My brain can't comprehend the torrent of emotions I'm feeling for this book...
This book was addiction! From the ever present feeling of confusion, this book was insane! I didn't know whether to hate the male protagonist because of his cru
Penny Reid
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-authors
I almost stopped reading this book at 75% because it was soooooo gooooooooooood. This train of thought probably doesn't make sense to most people, but the beginning and middle were so great, I worried the ending wouldn't adequately pull everything together / would ruin it. I kept thinking, "How is she going to pull this together?!?!!?" But since the beginning / middle were amazing, I decided to have faith that the end would be as well.

The ending didn't completely ruin the book. But it did (view
Penny
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars.

Wow.

I loved this book.

Such a slow build up. Very slow pace. Very quiet story. Yet, truly BEAUTIFUL.
So great. No blacks and whites, all grey.

The development of the characters, their relationship, their falling in love . It was so well crafted, that even though it all happened in a fantasy world, it felt real, perfectly believable. Just beautiful.

Hands up to the writer. Well done.

Wow.

P.S: There is no doubt in my mind I’ll keep reading this series and this author.
JewelsyGoolsy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
4.5 -omg Jewelsy actually loved this and is baffled by that, so is actually taking the time to write a longer review than normal- Stars

Disclaimer: most people know that paranormal or fantasy or dystopian stories don’t really pump my nads at all. Too much world building, other-world jargon and overly informational dialogue tends to put me into a coma before I can even get to the romance and swoons.

BUT even I was surprised by how awesome and easy to understand/follow this book was. For a pnr/dysto
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert August Monthly Kindle Deal 1.99

I love Pestilence!

description

Don’t judge me, it’s not your job. The apocalypse is nigh and the Four Horsemen have come to bring the end of days to humanity. So technically it's their job.

This is not going to be for everyone. It is a hate to love story and some of it is not nice. I mean take Sara for instance on her first meeting with the horseman she ends up shooting him and then burning him alive. Hey she feels bad about it and she did draw the short straw. Don’t
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Stars

description

This story offers a very unlikely couple to fall in love but the author nails it nonetheless. It is very well paced and engaging. However it is not so much a fantasy but more like a post-apocalyptic book.

Our heroine, Sara is a fire fighter who takes a stand and sets out to stop Pestilence from spreading death to mankind. Pestilence is not from earth and has only one mission so when Sara's attempt to kill him backfires she is taken as his prisoner. Sara is so torn between her feelings f
Roobie
4 stars

Caught him in a good mood, I did.
Not.
"So... I haven't gotten sick."

"Astute observation, mortal."

"Is that just luck, or do you control who gets the plague?" I ask.

"Were you born with all your organs intact?" he responds.

"Yes..." I say cautiously.

"Good," he responds, "then I expect you to use the one beneath your skull."

Pestilence is such a sweetheart I swear! A mass murdering sweetheart but sweetheart anyway.
Whoever disagrees can come fight me.

I had some issues with our heroine at t
Warda
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
And melt into a puddle I did. Goodness.

Pre-reading scrambles!
I am ready to melt into a puddle.
Buddy-reading with the girl I need to convert into a R.S. Grey fan!
It’s happening! 😆
Lucia
Feb 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-2-stars-read
Worldbuilding - 2 STARS
Pestilence is a romance set in dystopian world but in its core this is not a dystopian novel. This should serve as a warning for all of you hardcore dystopian/fantasy/paranormal lovers who (like me) expect actual worldbuilding when presented with new world/creatures - there is almost none worldbuilding in this book.

Plot line - 1 STAR
Worldbuilding aside, this novel also lacks plot. Literally, there wasn't happening anything remarkable that would push story forward. There wa
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

1.5 stars. Did you think that after months without reading somewhat critically (don't tell my uni professors I said that, okay) I'd be more lenient towards extremely cringy stuff? I'm asking because for some obscure reason, I did? Way to misunderstand your own-self, Anna. The fact that I couldn't look away is more a matter of my bewildered disgust sparring with my profound disinterest than anything else.

I'm sorry but fantasizing about boning an inhuman creature with purrfect abs while people ar
Ashlee » Library In The Country
5 INFERNAL STARS! (This is out in the world now! Go read it!)

Hello. Let me introduce you to my newest OTP.

"And so it was, and so it shall be, for the Age of Man is over, and the Age of the Horseman has begun. They came to earth, and they came to end us all."

Sweet baby Jesus this was everything I needed, hoped it would be and more. Laura Thalassa sprung this one on us last minute and she has done it again. Nobody quite does enemies-to-lovers stories (best trope ever) quite the way Laura does an
Laura Thalassa
Mar 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
And the pre-order link is up! <3

Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B6BRTJP

• Juniper Unraveling
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Blood of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #2)
  • The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)
  • Paladin's Prize (Age of Heroes, #1)
  • Land of the Beautiful Dead
  • Salvation (Dark Elves #3)
  • Pack Obsidian Gold (The Seven Mates of Zara Wolf, #3)
  • Eternal Darkness (The Amagarians, #1)
  • Obsession (Feral, #1)
  • Fatal Harmony (The Vein Chronicles, #1)
  • The Fall
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • Body of The Crime (Blackest Gold, #2)
  • Across The Divide (Collector #3)
  • Heart of the Fae (The Otherworld, #1)
  • Desolation (Earth Evolution, #1)
  • Shoot the Messenger (Messenger Chronicles, #1)
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. She’s been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

… or something like that anyway.

When not wri

The Four Horsemen (4 books)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • Death (The Four Horsemen, #4)
“Getting angry at one of the horsemen of the apocalypse for bringing about the end of man is like getting angry at ice for being cold.” 49 likes
“A woman should not be oddly pleasing. She should be a ball-busting, skull-crushing, badass motherfucker who is impossible to forget.” 31 likes