Start by marking “Cards of Love: The Sun” as Want to Read:
Cards of Love: The Sun

Cards of Love: The Sun

The cliche in love stories is that the good little rich girl falls for the poor bad boy with tattoos. The glamorous prom queen gets knocked-up by the swoon-worthy tattooed god who smells of leather and exhaust from his motorcycle.

That is not how this story goes.

Elias Black may have had a sleeve of tattoos and grown up on the wrong side of the tracks, but he didn’t have a t
Published October 2018

Alex ♈
I officially outgrew YA.
If you like it, you would probably enjoy this book.
Virgin hero, who saved all his firsts for his girl.
Naughty Mom Story Time
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
5+ Stars

I’ve read a few Stevie J Cole novels over the past couple of years and while I enjoyed each and every one of those love stories none of them have moved me as much this book did.

This story was as simplistic as any love story could be and that is what made this so GREAT. It’s a tale of two people that weathered through childhood, adolescence, bias, judgement and overbearing parents. And through it all their friendship only got stronger. Distance nor preconceived judgments could never hol
Nova  Brantley
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it soooo much. No manwhore jerk.
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Light a candle to chase away the darkness. All Elias Black needs to let go of his bitterness and dark stains on his soul and his name, is a ray of sunshine- Sunny Ray Lower.
It's insta-connection when she sees him for the first time at 8 years of age.
when God made him he wasn’t exactly sure what color eyes a boy named Elias Black should have, so he dipped his paintbrush in a few colors and swirled them all together. Had God asked me, I would have told him to make that boy’s eyes black like his
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤ ❤❤

description

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This was an absolutely brilliant read. From start to finish I was in love with these characters. I only wished and hoped for the best for both Sunny and Elias.

Sunny and Elias were complete opposites and came from different backgrounds. However they knew they loved one another and were destined to be together.

This was a fabulous story for me. I couldn’t help but love the two main characters. Life isn’t easy for them but fate seems to be on their side.

This is a beautiful well written story for t
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I had told him I was too good for him when if anything, that boy had always been too good for me."

A deep southern coming-of-age that left me simply breathless!!! All the swoons for this one!! From childhood to adulthood they were kept apart, and it guts you to know how deeply they care for each other, and then have to watch them swing in and out of each other's orbits just missing each other...

"I was the sun and he was the moon and while we may share the same sky during the early hours of dawn,
Anne Milne
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Isn't the cover just so pretty it's such a great representation of the characters and the story.

Sunny and Elias stole my heart just as quickly as they stole each others. A young girl a young boy an innocent friendship that will make you believe in soul mates.

The words in this story and the way it's written wrapped around me like a warm fluffy blanket insulating me from harm. A forbidden love affair that spans years, the cliched bad boy and the good girl but there is nothing predictable about th
Becky Rendon
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I swear I'm not biased. Hear me out before you judge my version of sloppy tongue kisses.
Cards of Love: The Sun is EVERYTHING!!!!!
Did you hear that- everything!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It is an epic love story. EPIC LOVE STORY. An epic love story is one that any and everyone can connect to in some way. The Sun is epic. Pardon my slobbery drooling over this book. I get you aren't there yet but you will be. Elias Black is the dream. ( I know his faults but listen!) He is the broody misunderstood boy of your yo
Charlotte ~BookObsessionConfessionsBlog~
You do not know how long I have pain-stakingly waited for this book. Forever. That's how long.
I was so incredibly excited to get it, I couldn't wait to dig in and devour the words of Stevies latest book.

“People hurt you when you like ’em. And they leave.”😢😢

Oh god. That one sentance showed me just how much this book was going to hurt me, but like always, I knew Stevie would put me back together again. It begins with Sunny and Elias as kids, it's so incredibly cute and I did nothing but smile rea
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jess ~

A story that seems like the cliche, bad boys meets good girl and then you read it and see there is nothing cliche about this story.

Meeting when they are young, Sunny and Elias form this complex sort of relationship with each other. Sunny is the sun and Elias the moon, destine to share the same sky but never be together. Sunny is from a good home and really beats to her own drum. She doesn't do things because others think she should, doesn't dress the way others do and is just herself. She
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Such a beautiful cover for the young adult romance that is THE SUN by Stevie Cole! An emotional young love story with a forbidden kind of feel to it. It’s intense and angsty and spans years from their first encounter to when they meet and find one another again after some time has passed by.

There’s a lot of drama going on, as typical for YA stories, along with mis- and plain missing communication, down to the virgin hero. There’s just something swoon-worthy about that, but it looks like I’m slow
Heather C
Shelves: arc, oct-2018
The Sun is an emotional and heart warming story that will remind you of the power of true love. It's ugly, raw and beautiful.

"After all, the sun and the moon were never meant to share the same sky."

I promise once you read the book, you will understand why I chose this quote. On surface it makes it look like Elias and Sunny weren't meant to be together but the truth is that they they do. They are two people who have loved each other since an early age in childhood but life has gotten in the way.
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing!!!!

That is what this book was. Stevie captures my heart from the very first page and left me blissfully happy and full of love after I had finished.

My god, Elias and Sunny...they stole my breath. Their love. So pure and never ending, they’re were the epitome of soul mates. Forever meant for each other, no matter how much people and society tried to keep them apart.

I could read these two beautiful characters forever. I absolutely loved them, and their hearts.

A brilli
Lindsey King
Angst 4
Tears 3
Value 5
Storyline 5
Panty Scorching 3
Overall Rating 5

I think I have came up with a new nickname for Stevie. "Angst Queen" This book literally had so much angst and tension I was in tears for a lot of it. I felt every single word in my heart and some of them I thought would literally rip me to shreds. Elias and Sunny are the epitome of young love going the distance. Although this book was not overly sexual it was a beautiful story. One that I will remember forever. Easy to recommend.
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
I honestly do not know where to start. The book was just purely beautiful! It made me feel so many different emotions.

The Heroine (Sunny Ray) is a good girl from a middle class family. Her father is the towns sheriff and they are a very religious town. The Hero (Elias) is a tattooed bad boy from a poor background. He went through a lot in his life and did what he had to to provide for his twin brothers. Their relationship spans many years. We see how it develops and what they have to go through
Liz
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 emotional and heartfelt stars!
Flo Grugel
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely ADORED this book. Every single character in The Sun had a story to tell and was well written. Elias is a uniquely written and fierce loving character who will make you swoon from the first few pages. Just a really fabulous YA / coming of age story.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Strong 4.5 Stars

“Tell me the story of how the sun loved the moon so much she died every night just so he could breathe.” -Anonymous

Solid story with just the right amount of angst. I loved that Elias & Sunny always held on to hope that they’d be together. This would’ve been a five star read, but i wanted more of a closure on some of the secondary characters. Like what happened to Daisy or Elias’ brothers. They weren’t mentioned at all in the epilogue.
Avidez Literaria
“You may be like the sun in a lot of ways,” he said. “And I may be like the moon, because I’ll fall for you, day after day. I’ll chase you until the planets fade into an oblivion. But the thing is, the sun and the moon? They’ll only ever spend a few minutes of their lifetime together. I don’t want a few minutes. I want every minute.”

A happy, sweet girl with loving parents who wants a brother to play with. A boy who lived in a house where his father broke the toys donated by the church, where fi
Jamie Ellis
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was the sun, and he was the moon, and while we may share the same sky during the early hours of dawn, we would never be close enough to matter..... I mean wow!! Stevie had so many good quotes from this book and just WOW moments for myself. I loved this book. Elias and Sunny were meant to be. Loved the storyline, the flow, characters and well dangit just everything about it.

"The heart is only meant to love one person." I mean really this is a teenager saying this. These two knew they wanted eac
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5+ STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

To say I feel in love with this amazing story would be an understatement. This story touched me in a way that I almost can't put into words, but I'm going to try.

Elias and Sunny made me fall in love with them from the very start. I loved the honest friendship that evolved into so much more. These two truly fell and hard, as did my heart with them and for them. Their love was forbidden, but they make it work, for years. Elias and Sunny are nothin
Mari
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Sun was an emotional young love story, a Romeo and Juliet type forbidden romance. It spanned years between when Sunny and Elias first met and then finding one another years later. As most adolescent story goes a lot of things and drama, who likes who and who's dating which guy even sexuality played a role.

Elias is from the wrongnside of the tracks but Sunny sees him differently and beyond. Her father disliked them together so young so there was a lot of sneaking around. But their f
Rachel Beamin'
“Tell me the story of how the sun loved the moon so much she died every night just so he could breathe.” - Anonymous

This was a goodread, a coming of age with a different take on Romeo and Juliet chocked full of great quotes to highlight.

”Had God asked me, I would have told him to make that boy’s eyes black like his name to match the storm cloud that seemed to live on his face.”

A story that so many of us have read about the daughter of the small-town sheriff and son of a convicted murdere
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Stars: 5+

Oh my... this book is a modern day take on Romeo and Juliet without the dying. I was really emotionally invested in the story and I didn’t want it to end. Two starcrossed lovers one from the wrong side of the tracks and one brought up in a God-fearing house. Sunny Ray is the town sheriff’s daughter and is brought up in a very religious family. Elias black is a tattoo that bad boy and son of a murderer father and junkie mother. These two couldn’t be more different but their love is unde
Maria Angie Mendoza
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick intense read, the author just sucked me in and played games with all my emotions.
Heartfelt,heartbreaking and emotional story about Sunny and Elias. Theirs is one of those stories that builds up and slowly unfolds secrets giving you details that makes their romance so unique and unconventional.
Well written, well paced, well executed...
Well done!!
The Sun is part of Cards of Love massive multi-author project. Each read is part of a series of love letters to the mysterious and inspirational wo
Anima
Shelves: hot-romance
There's a reason I'm not a big fan of YA books, I can't handle the angsty anger and lack of communication. Bad boys and good girls, especially a sheriff's kid, aren't supposed to get together. Very taboo. However immature Sunny is Elias picks up the slack as the most mature abandoned teenager in existence. It was obvious from the start they were meant to be but they had to get through the muck first. Powerful, romantic and full of sarcasm this was definitely more enjoyable than I first thought. ...more
Deborah
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Real, raw and perfectly imperfect. Sunny and Elias share a bond that will be tested. It will send you on a page turning heartfelt journey of their hopes and dreams.

Will they come out stronger? Will their young love provide enough for a lifetime of forevers? Stevie has a way of dragging me in on page one! This book is one of my all time favorites. It’s pure. It tells the truth. It reminds me of being young and carefree.

I highly recommend reading it. It’s a romantic book that will steal your hea
TeriLyn
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it

3 "Tragic if you think about it." Stars

Young adult read and my first from this author. Liked the dynamic characters. Plot was very angsty as two people forbidden from each other grow up watching the other move in the same circle. Some of the plot points were disjointed and rushed but overall I enjoyed.
Elizabeth Neal
Hated that it was implied he was dating, screwing, whatever another girl, but LOVE that he flat out tells the heroine he never even kissed that girl and that he'd saved ALL his firsts for her, the heroine.
Stevie J. Cole likes to write realistic stories with raw, gritty characters you should hate but can't help but to love.

She's obsessed with rock music, loves sloths, and has an unnatural obsession with British accents.

Her books are not recommended for the faint of heart.
“Life was about stolen moments that harbored no real significance but made you feel alive. The meaning was that uncomplicated.” 0 likes
“In life, there were no rewrites, no edits. Only painful rereads.” 0 likes