Start by marking “Phoenix (Own The Skies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Phoenix (Own The Skies, #2)

Phoenix

(Own The Skies #2)

** Nora **

There are three simple things I need to do to get my life back on track.

Go to Savannah for two weeks.

Let the ocean reset my mind.

Do not fall for Case Carmichael.

I’ll just ignore his incredible body, his wicked charm, his chivalrous ways, his perfect smile, and his never-ending ability to make me melt right where I stand.

I resisted temptation once, I can do
Published May 4th 2019 by Independently Published (first published May 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Phoenix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phoenix

Start your review of Phoenix (Own The Skies, #2)
Leslee
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nora knew when she met Case in Savannah that he was dangerous. Sweet and sexy, it would be so easy to fall for him. But she can't do that, he's a cop, he is driven to be the hero. So she went home to California without even kissing him. Now she is back for a visit, re-evaluating her life and what she wants. Case cannot get Nora out of his head. When she shows back up, he is determined to see what they could have. They both have their demons, their secrets that are holding them back from the life ...more
KarenLou NorthandSouthBlog
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wooooooow.

This is bloody amazing, having not read the first book in the series (not sure how I missed it) I loved reading this, and meeting all the characters for the first time.

Nora visits her best friend in savannah again for a break, a break from her life, her job and just to have fun again. After catching up with Case Carmichael again, they agree on just to have a casual thing for the time she is there. She doesn’t want to fall for him as he is a cop, and Nora can’t bare to loose anymore peo
Rina's Reads
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ARC but am leaving an honest and voluntary review *

“Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear” -Mark Twain
This quote perfectly sums up Case and Nora, who both had to face their fears in this gripping read.

I have been waiting patiently for this book ever since I read Sparrow.

Boy, was it worth the wait.

It was captivating, breathtaking and it was playful. The attraction between Nora and Case was tangible, interesting, intense and deliciously dirty.

Feeling
Gina Franklin
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: em, emma-nicole
I did receive an ARC of this book. I have to say that I will be buying several of the hardcover copies when they are available. I am so impressed with this book. It is a companion to Sparrow, Emma Nicole's debut novel.

This is the story of Case and Nora, the best friend's of the main characters in Sparrow. It is a compelling story of a woman scared of further loss in her life (aren't we all??). When Nora encounters Savanah Police Officer Cade, the attraction is undeniable. They agree to a short
Karen Hrdlicka
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Emma Nichole's debut book, Sparrow, I was intrigued by each of the couple's best friends. Grayson's best friend, Case, was smitten with Amelia's friend, Nora, the moment they met. Nora was equally attracted but ran back to California rather than allowing Case into her heart.
Unhappy in her nursing job, Nora comes back to visit her best friend and sort her life, however there is still one complication: Case, the handsome SPD police officer.
Ms. Nichole does a great job weaving a stor
Catlou
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Case and Nora aren’t looking for forever after, but there’s something there between them they just can’t resist. Case is ready to have Nora in his life anyway he can. Nora’s not ready to let Case into her heart, but as long as it remains casual her heart’s safe, right? As they both deal with the demons of their pasts, they grow closer, but can they conquer their fears enough to move toward the future together? While Nora is struggling to overcome her concerns about Case’s career, Case risks his ...more
Susan
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is Emma Nichole's second book, and it did not disappoint! She has already proven that she knows how to develop characters that you care about, and construct a strong plot that incorporates those characters.

After losing her parents when she was young, Nora Masen was not looking for a hero. Going to visit her friend Amelia in Savannah, she knows she can't fall for Case Carmichael. But his charm and chivalry make it hard for her. They vow two weeks together. But feelings grow too strong to res
Amber Behnke
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phoenix reminds you that sometimes love is worth getting over your fears. Case is a sexy cop who is used to getting what he wants. He met his match in Nora a nurse who isn't exactly happy with her life right now. I love this story because you can't go wrong with love, a sexy cop and his women, and an adorable puppy! Great read!
Wendy Livingstone
This is the second book in this phenomenal series, and is Case and Nora’s story. Case is police officer, and Nora is a nurse, and from the moment they met they were attracted to each other, but Nora ran rather than face her fears. Now that Nora is back Case is determined that this time she will not get away. This is a beautifully written tale which has engaging characters, angst, passion, which all lead to a steamy and humorous read. I was captivated throughout this addictive page turner and I h ...more
Julie
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing read. This story tore me apart a times, the emotions were so intense.
Case is a sexy cop who is always determined to get his man, but he has a secret and it’s an issue that could bring him down. Enter Nora is a nurse who hasn’t been happy with her life at the moment, she needs a break, and her meeting up again might be just what Nora and Case need.
I really enjoyed this story. A love story between a sexy cop with his adorable K9 dog and a busy ER nurse. An excellent story!
Lauren Hutchinson
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this book. The storyline was brilliant and kept me interested throughout. The characters were very likeable and easy to read about. Once I started reading I found myself loving every word. I would very much recommend this.
Monica
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely amazing and I loved it Soo much I couldn't put it down highly recommend
Bailey Boughton
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow burn

Emma Nichole has done it again!! Case and Nora are one of my favorite couples of 2019! You see them go through struggles and fight to find their happy ending! This book is one of my favorite books in 2019
BBNT Book Blog
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, books-read-2019
Let me start off with this-- Case Carmichael is EVERYTHING! And he is mine! Yes, I love him so much I am claiming him as my book boyfriend and I don't plan on sharing him...ever! ;)

Phoenix, book #2 in the Own the Skies series, is a wonderfully written story about two people that each have their own histories and baggage that are drawn to each other from day one. Even when they shouldn't be. Even when one of them absolutely does not want to be. And the chemistry, banter, connection, and everythi
AnneKR
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two souls rising from the ashes

Nora and Case are best friends of Amelia & Grayson, from book 1/Sparrow (doesn’t need to be read but highly recommend it). They’ve talked & flirted, but Nora doesn’t let it go further than that. Having feelings for a cop puts her heart in a dangerous situation, & her fear of losing him like her parents has her pushing him away. Case clicks with Nora & wants more with her, but he was born to protect & serve. Will her fears finally push Case away for good?

Case is the
Amy  Crull
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nora and Case are my favorite couple! These two make things fun in this book. I mean, there's sexual tension between them and everyone can see it but them. Their best friends are rooting for them. Nora is doing what her mom would want her to do rather then what she wants. She isn't happy but keeps doing it. She's tight with her brother and Amelia. Those two know her the best. Her and Case had a moment but it was gone. It takes some carefully planning but these two finally get together and act on ...more
A Book Obsessed Brit
After reading Emma's debut novel Sparrow last August I loved her writing style and her ability to capture a depth of emotion in her characters. I was looking forward to Case and Nora's story when it was finished and it didn't disappoint.

Case and Nora met in Book 1 so I knew they had chemistry; however Nora went back to California and that was that. Phoenix begins with setting up Nora's growing dissatisfaction with her work life, she decides to take a leave of absence and head back to Savannah.
Melinda
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fire and water don't go together instead they destroy. Water extinguishes fire yet when it comes to Nora and Case it is something they never expected. For years Nora has been hiding never really living for herself until Case. He is a sexy police officer who protects people yet cannot be strong for himself. Emma Nichole has once again brought the mighty to their knees and boy does Case fall. I loved that they deny it is just sex and casual. Readers beware this is so much more it is filled with pa ...more
Cat
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story,and riding the emotional rollercoaster that is Case and Nora's Romance.
It sure was a heartwrencher that is for certain,so tissues should be near by when reading.
I could not put it down and flipped through the pages with such ease.Time was lost because it completely consumed me.
Following these two broken souls Case and Nora were just meant to be.But had to resolve their demons before a future together could be possible.
I guarantee you will love them,and love this compel
Heather Navarre
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book 2

I loved the realness in this book. The fears were exactly what you would expect out of the things that happened.

Case and Nora are amazing. They fit each other perfectly and I love how they realize it and act on it yet still are themselves.

There are secondary characters that are where they are supposed to be.

A great second book. Taking chances on new writers often pays off such as the case here. I really enjoy Emma’s writing. I’m sure we will continue to see great things from her!
Lauren
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
After briefly meeting Case and Nora in Sparrow I was super intrigued as to how their story would pan out. Nora and Case both agree to keep it casual but is it always that easy? She really tries to keep her heart out of things but Case knows what he wants and he wants Nora, swoon!!
This is another well written, developed and addictive storyline that I really enjoyed. I’m super excited to see what Emma Nichole writes next.
Ashley Scales
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. From the moment I first read Emma Nichole I knew I was going to be a fan. I also knew Case would also have my heart. I was not wrong about either. Phoenix pulled at my heart strings over and over again. It was great to see their relationship develop as well.

As much as I wanted to dislike Nora I couldn’t. Not that she did anything wrong at all cause she didn’t. I could relate to her on many levels. I related to the fear she has with Case playing hero. Her love of water and a P
Stephanie
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Case and Nora will have you swooning the entire time. You can see the chemistry as if they are actually in front of you. They are both flawed in their own ways and both a little scared to be together but at the end of the day they are made for each other. Add in an adorable dog and you have everything you could want!
Karlie
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off make sure you read sparrow,which is Emma’s debut book and first book to this duet.
this is where you meet Nora and case,and starting rooting for them 😀.
This book will make your heart skip a beat,it will bring tears and happiness.
From start to finish I enjoyed this book
Danielle Robbins
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Phoenix is book two in the series and is Case and is Nora's book. I really loved it. I loved Case and Nora. Case was so swoony and sexy! I loved their chemistry and connection. The sexy scenes were scorching! They were perfect together!
Natasha
Emma you are killing it with this series and this is only your second book!!! AMAZING..

Nora and Case have an easy banter between them. They can sit for hours enjoying each other’s company and even more fun when they are between the sheets. This is a love story, but it also is a story of two souls healing emotionally.
the fact water is your therapy while it’s my nightmare
I love a man for the first time in my life, and it scares the hell out of me