Start by marking “Pretend Girlfriend” as Want to Read:

Fake love, real sparks.

When Celeste Lamontagne receives a wedding invitation from her ex, she’s furious. The only thing worse than being cheated on? Seeing your ex and the girl she cheated with get married. Less than a year later. And as part of a two-week long Mediterranean cruise. But they say the best revenge is a life well lived, right? Not for Celeste, it isn’t. It’
Published September 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Pretend Girlfriend, please sign up.
Lily Craig Pretend Girlfriend is currently exclusively available on Amazon (including .ca in Canada), so that people with Kindle Unlimited can read it for free…morePretend Girlfriend is currently exclusively available on Amazon (including .ca in Canada), so that people with Kindle Unlimited can read it for free if they're part of that program. (less)

Start your review of Pretend Girlfriend
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book. I really wanted it to be great because it's pure romance gold. It has been done so many times in different medias but this was not the case.

A lot of people have different opinions on representation. As a queer woman myself, I want it all. I want the bad or good cheesy romance, the insta love, the angst, the great epic love... So I was ready for this and it was read more of a fanfic than anything else.

Now, I love fanfics as much as the next person but this story
Diane Wallace
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting read! Lots of fluffy stuff and a nice ending! :D
Corporate Slave
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unpopular rating and review I know i know :) well it was just way too predictable! I didn’t like the main characters, didn’t feel their chemistry and even the humor was not funny .. and oh my god the last part on the ship, what was that?!
Alexis
This is my first book by this author and I wasn't really sure what to expect of it. It turned out to be a pretty decent read. The characters are likable and the story only contains a small amount of angst, so it's a great read if you're looking for something light and a little fluffy.

There's definitely some humor to be found within, though not enough to be labeled as a comedy and there was also 1 pretty hot scene between Lane and Celeste. For some moments you do however need to suspend your
Tara
I picked this up during the last big lesfic sales at iheartlesfic and finally got around to reading it this weekend.

Is the whole premise silly? Yes. Is the whole premise of most fake relationship books silly? Also yes. BUT! That means that if fake relationship books are one of your weaknesses, like they are for me, then you'll probably enjoy this one as much as I did.

After having one hell of a stressful week, it turned out to be the perfect fluffy escapism for me to relax and put it all behind
Marilyn
Fun, fluffy romance built around a fake relationship. Well written and well edited. I'll definitely add Lily Craig to my must-read KindleUnlimited authors.
Linda J
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Didn’t think I’ll like the book but I was wrong. It was a pretty enjoyable read, light and fluffy. Not too much angst with funny banters between Lane and Celeste. A fun book for me to read to end the long and tiring week.
Pam Holzner
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This was another kindle unlimited read using the "fake fiance" trope. Due to the alternating 1st person narrative, I sometimes found it hard to keep track of which character was which.

It wasn't bad but I'm not sure I really liked the Celeste character very much. Lane yes.

The probability of this occurring is 0.000000000001 but since when are romances plausible?
Nat Walton
Very sweet, very cheesy and very easy to read. There's really nothing about the book that makes it a standout but it made me smile and that's really as much as I could ask for.
Marian Snowe
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed this book. Each chapter switched between the two main characters, and I thought that was very effective. It took me a while to warm up to Celeste, but the layers of her personality were revealed over the course of the first several chapters and that helped me understand her better. She and Lane were both well-rounded and I soon found it easy to sympathize with them.

The Mediterranean setting was beautiful and evocative, and I enjoyed the way scenes hopped between ports as
A.W.
I thought this book was an okay read/listen, good to pass time on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It was not my favourite of the fake relationship trope.

I didn't think that there was a need to have two narrators as it seemed like the main characters were two different people. Despite feeling that way, they did a good job in telling the story.

Review also posted here: https://wp.me/p4Pp9O-MI
Rebecca
Meh. Characters were one dimensional, felt no connection to them and they didn't really have any growth. Wasn't invested in the relationship, missing chemistry and felt like there was no burn.
Dig
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretend relationship trope that I love and love to love. What made it better was that it wasn't a story about two entitled white boys. I think I liked it more for the reason that this was wlw - f/f original.

Even if the MC is a rich heiress, there is the struggle of being a woman - a gay woman - seeking her father's approval. As someone who basks in the genre of m/m - white privilege is often overlooked and everyone just loves everything about a book b/c of gay sex so imagine my
Kim
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is this love pretend?

Celeste has a plan. She just needs to find the right girl. Lane has no plans. She’s a free spirit. When Celeste hires her to fulfill her plan , little do they know the adventures that await them. I found Lily’s story to be fun & lighthearted. It was a quick read with some steamy sexy times! I enjoyed this story & I know you will too!
C. Mack
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretend girlfriend

This is my first book by this author but I'm sure it won't be my last. It was a cute and enjoyable read with enough development that you felt like you understood and could empathise with the main characters as well as having a good feel for everything else around them.
Anne
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretend Girlfriend is a quick, enjoyable read. MCs Celeste and Lane are good foils for each other and the inner thoughts of each feel true to character. If this book were longer, I probably would have added a star, but it was too short to get in-depth insights into these characters, plus there's only so much depth someone like Celeste seems capable of offering. I understood from the summary that it was a short book and decided to proceed with the purchase anyway; it's not Craig's fault that my ...more
Brianna -  Coffee Books and Bullet Journals
On page Pan rep!!! You do not see that enough in books! Overall, this was a really fun fake dating F/F relationship. The steamy scenes were good! (although, I wish there were more!)
Neville Longbottom
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, lgbtqia
I’m a sucker for the fake dating/relationship trope, so I was excited when I found this book about two women pretending to be in a relationship. However… it wasn’t great. Or even really that good.

Celeste’s ex-girlfriend Verity is getting married and has invited Celeste to the destination wedding cruise in Europe. Not wanting to seem like her life is still in shambles she enlists Lane to pretend to be her girlfriend for the cruise. Will the relationship stay fake or will sparks fly between them?
Emily Crow
This was a cute, fluffy romance--enjoyable but not particularly memorable. Rich girl Celeste is so mortified by the idea her ex-girlfriend getting married that she hires another woman, Lane, to pretend to be her girlfriend. Of course, they end up falling in love for real. (Not exactly a spoiler!) Although the romance itself was just okay, I did enjoy the Mediterranean setting.
Jaie
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I love a fake relationship story and this was a fine one
Andi
Yeah, nope, no thanks. Unlikable characters around for pretty predictable story.
Paula
I like that kind of plot, but I don't know, it didn't get me.
It's an okay read, I took it a little too long to finish, so, just okay.
Elena Gray
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pretend Girlfriend is book that is full of promise. The premise is interesting, bringing a hot mess model along for the revenge on the girl who cheated on you ride. I'm always a sucker for a fake relationship slowburn. There were so many possible setups that would be rift with tension, the fun kind. That's where this book fails. There is nothing here. *Some light spoilers ahead* The premise is thin. Lane gets fired on her first day for being late and Celeste snaps her up coming out of bar midday ...more
Madison Mary
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
"You're not seriously suggesting I take a piggyback from you."
"Well I'm definitely not asking for a swift kick in the ass"

Hello representation and cuteness!
This was such an adorable romance and my first ever romance novel that focuses solely on a female-female romance. I really wish that I could have given this 4 stars, but the beginning of the story was just a bit boring for me.

Summary
We follow heiress Celeste Lamontagne who has just been invited to her ex-girlfriend's 2-week wedding
PJ
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, it is a pleasure to read an Indie publication that has been successfully edited. I found ZERO errors, ZERO repeated words, ZERO problems ... Nothing (Not.A.Thing!) bothers me more than getting pulled out of a story because an author used an incorrect word ("their" where it should have been "there") or if a word is inexplicably repeated ... None of that happens here. This appears to be a professionally edited, successfully Beta-Read, novel. And I thank the author for that!!!

As for the story,
Zingari
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect to like this, but I loved this. I was having trouble making it past the first three pages of every book I started, though I do intend to finish them, I had no problem here. I didn't want to put it down because it was so sweet, and I needed that.

This book had a small amount of angst, which I appreciated. Their wasn't this whole grand scheme to self-sabotage, or forced problems and arguments. There was so much sweetness, and self-reflection. I feel like a woman that has been given
Raelynn Smith
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Princess and the Smartass . . .

This book surprised me, honestly thought it’d be another cliche rich girl dominated poor girl and wealth would be their barrier from true love. BUT I’m very happy to say this book was not like that at all and took a turn towards more realism about the women’s morals/personal characters being their relationship main issue rather than wealth status. Plus who can really be upset about dating a rich person, like honestly.

What started out as a ruse of revenge, concocted
Cindy Stein
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesfic-romance, 2018
Pretend girlfriend plots are all the rage and very plentiful in lesfic land. This one pulls no punches and puts the plot right in the title, lest there be no confusion. It's the story of Celeste, a wealthy heiress who's been dumped by her cheating gf, and Lane, a fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants Millennial and would-be stylist whose loose tongue gets her in trouble. When Lane is fired from her stylist assistant job in front of Celeste, Celeste is intrigued and approaches Lane to attend a two-week ...more
moxieBK
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian-romance
Pretend Girlfriend [Kindle Unlimited] — Lily Craig (19 chapters) May 30-31, 2019

This is a story of a wealthy socialite heiress who “hires” a girl to be her fiancee to go on a cruise with her to show her ex (who’s not only is marrying the ex but who the protagonist found in bed with her,) that she has gotten over her (but not really.) On the way, the usual thing occurs: the heiress and the rent a fiancee fall in love. But getting to that point is always the interesting aspect. This story did not
monica.b.czuba
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretend Girlfriend

This was an interesting read about a Rich girl Celeste who still bitter about her ex and more so when she received a wedding invite from her ex and who she caught in bed with someone else. She is trying on dresses for an event she going to. Her dresser fires a woman Lane whose arrived late for work.

Celeste decides to get revenge on Verity by pretending she has moved on and is happy. She asks Lane to pretend to be her girlfriend and Lane agrees. This is a story about revenge,
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please move book to my profile 3 10 Sep 15, 2018 11:46AM

• Just Married?
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • The Arrangement
  • Wanting Her
  • Love Unscripted
  • Sweat Equity (A LadyLuck Startups Romance Book 1)
  • Fireflies
  • Sunscreen & Coconuts
  • Accidentally In Love
  • Meeting Mrs. Garret
  • Guarding Her Heart
  • Good Spin
  • Only Ever You
  • Second Chances
  • Hers to Keep (Irresistibly Bound #3)
  • Freeing Her (Irresistibly Bound #4)
  • Living