Start by marking “Blade (Dark Monster Fantasy #3)” as Want to Read:
Blade (Dark Monster Fantasy #3)

Blade

(Dark Monster Fantasy #3)

When irresistible force meets irresistible girl more than sparks will fly – fur, spiky bits, and possibly tentacles.

Ledderik is a slightly homicidal cyborg and is ready to lose himself in a virtual world for the rest of his tomorrows, until he saves Thorn from death and gets sucked into the wake of her cataclysmic siren attraction.
Maybe life can be fun?
Besides, she has
Published October 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blade

Start your review of Blade (Dark Monster Fantasy #3)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
THIS HAS A TALKS SMACK SWORD WHATS NOT TO LOVE

download.jpg

5 Stars
Arc Review Copy
Release Date-4/10/18

This was my favourite so far out of these Dark Monster Fantasy reads.
I adored "Blade" like so so much and I raced through this in absolutely record time.
Here we get re-introduced to that psychotic Cyborg Ledderik: you know the one from "Prey" who just needed to get laid.
And let me tell you, folks the lucky lad now comes equipped with a cyber appendage from them crazy cyber monks Wink Wink.

tenor.gif

it even detaches: yo
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Where can I get me a Ledderick? Preferably the mollok version please.

This author claims she doesn't intentionally include humour in her books. The sheer fact that one of the supporting characters is a sarcastic, talking sword tells you that his book is going to be great fun.

"Smorg." He sat forward, "You have a point."
"I always have a point, that's the whole point of swords."

We first met Ledderik, a cyborg assassin, in Prey , however Blade can easily be read as a stand alone,
Ri
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin with this book? I knew from the very first book in this series that I wanted a story about Smorg the sword and Lederick. What I didn't know was that I was going to also want it to turn out the way that this author envisioned. Creating a man who can change bodies and appendages as if they were a book from the local library. BRILLIANT. Often I read a sex scene in books and think, "well, that was hot" but rarely is it the first time I have read one that hasn't been done in som ...more
Sierra Clothier
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you've only read Silverwood's dark books before, you are missing out. It might not occur to you that she has one huge sense of humor! And what better place to showcase this sense of humor than a story about a depressed cyborg, an out-of-control half siren, a sarcastic talking sword and a lovesick AI shoved in a tiny bot? Yes, it all really works! I promise!

The book starts with cyborg Led giving up the rest of his life to a virtual reality business. He's depressed, angry and unmotivated since
Cécile Smits
Cari has created a world that’s full of possibilities,like loaner bodies with bonus parts (that i would love to try out), sweet sirens and AI’s with a wicked sense of humor. Blade is Ledderik’s story. He finds himself adrift after Zarblu set him free to do whatever he feels like. He could torture and kill anyone if he felt like it,but the appeal seems to have gone with his master. He is ready to throw in the towel and enter the virtworld LoL,leaving his body for others to enjoy. When he crosses ...more
Gab
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Remember Ledderik, the "male-chicken" (edited for sensitive readers) less Cyborg? Now he has the appendage Lord Zarblu bequeathed to him to make him "whole".
But does it make him happy, or what counts as happy for a Cyborg?
Doesn't look like it. So he sells all his worldly belongings and commits himself to a virtual reality ... Whatchamacallit?!
On his last day "alive", left with only Smorg, his irritating sword, he encounters Thorn, Starship captain in waiting and unwitting magnet of unwanted "at
Tequila
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another amazing and fun book by Cari Silverwood. If you have loved the two previous books in the Dark Monster Fantasy series, Blade will not disappoint you.

Ledderik, at the beginning, he's not so nice. He's pretty much your average massive asshole with a sword that doesn't know when to shut up or how to not be a smart ass. Ledderik is pretty much done with life until Thorn walks into a bar and turns everything upside down.

Thorn is not your average female. There's something special abou
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, dark, erotica, arcs, 2018
Book 3 in series. Ledderick the homicidal cyborg... lord zarblu’s assassin from the first book.
Since zarblu flew off in to the sunset with his mate...gifting ledderik with smorg the fantastic so sword and a new all singing all dancing wonder peen...ledderick should be all ‘I’m a real cyborg woth a real peen ‘ sortof....except he isn’t... he’s angry and depressed and without purpose... selling himself to LOL...🤣🤣🤣 to pass the rest of his existence seems like a good idea until it isn’t...meeting
Amy
Cheeky, sexy, and dirty

I’ve been wanting Ledderick to get his own story since the first book in the series. He finally gets the girl (or does she get him?), but it isn’t easy or straightforward.

Led’s a cranky old man in a cyborg’s ever-changing body. He’s had a bad attitude for a long time. Lack of certain parts will do that. But that’s been fixed. I’ve been waiting for Ledderick to get his own story since PREY, the first book in the series. He finally gets the girl, but it isn’t easy or straig
Terri Trawets
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I cannot even imagine what kind of creative brain can conceive and develop a story such as this! It is full of action packed insanity. And, I LOVED it. This tale is funny and crazy, delightfully naughty and graphically arousing.

With what magic does this author make aliens so damn sexy and their sex so damn hot? Why do I find the word trouble humorous? Why am I laughing at a talking sword? How can I find an ex-cyborg, who finds it necessary to use a borrowed body sexy, no matter how bizarre
Laz the Sailor
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
CS never lets physics of sex get in the way of the highly improbable. This story has all the monster sex you could ask for, there is little that is truly evil.

On top of all that, our hero gets to swap out bodies, and their varied appendages, almost every chapter. So our heroine gets all the variety she can handle without having to meet a new guy each time.

I'm very glad this series was bundled together, as they are slightly interlinked, and similar in tone.
Sabrina
This book was SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Half the time I spent giggling and the other changing my panties!!
Led was an AWESOME anti-hero but Thorn got on my nerves a couple of times, hence the 4star rating.

Ooohhh....one more thing:
description
Badh
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMFG. Cari Silverwood is a genius, a filthy, obscene genius. This series just proves it, if you ask me. Each one of the books has just gotten better and filthier. I'm not entirely sure how she's going to top this one, and I really hope she tries.

Ledderik is tired of his life. He's been around for 300 years, and it's just too much. So, he's going to trade in his cyborg body for a virtual life, at least until his credit runs out, then he'll just die. But before he can even make it to trade in his
Pam
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: silverwood-cari
Dark Monster Fantasy, Book 3. A dark, delicious, marvelous, stunning whirlwind ride!

I can’t summarize the plot of this book. That’s beyond my ability. There are blurbs and other reviews that already do that. I’m going to do my best to describe what I thought about the story, how the book made me feel. I’m not sure I can even do that. Cari Silverwood has again broken completely new ground. I never know what I’m going to find in any of her books. Honestly? I still don’t know how I feel about this
Joyffree
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
After searching for centuries to complete the 'quest' that would make him complete (previous book) Led finally was gifted with his "otherworldly" appendage - he is now complete (sort of) -but it seems his trails and tribulations may have all been for naught - Still unhappy and a bit jaded and with his trusty blade and side-annoyance Smorg at his side -he sets out to live his last day before trading this reality for a virtual one more to his liking. But as seems to always be the case for our cyni ...more
SBee Reviews
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~ Thrassians, dalks, molloks, oh my!!! ~

Ledderik was simply tired of existing. He had been pretty much discarded by his master, Lord Zarblu, although he had been altered with a most-sought-after “sxsynthflesh” organ, as he had fervently wished. Even that, however, failed to stimulate a reason in him for continuing on. After all, it has been a little over three whole centuries of existence as a cold-blooded assassin. Dejected, he applies to the “Last-of-Life“ program, except just before he was to
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
I love a sword! Never thought I'd be saying that in my lifetime :D Smorg is just, too damn cute, mouthy but adorable, I love the AIs that Ms Silverwood creates! Has Smorg taken the top spot over JI? Hmmm, it's close.

I thoroughly enjoyed Blade, but.... sorry there's a but, it did take me a bit to get into this one. I initially thought that Thorn was just sex mad and Ms Silverwood was going all out it this time but then... the story unfolds and poor girl Thorn, she really can't help it! I really,
Pat Orendorff
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sounds pretty simple doesn't it? Ledderik trades in his body to live in a virtual world until his credits run out. But Thorn intervenes, part s'kar,part siren and in her cycle pouring out masses of pheromones, desperate to be satisfied and attracting males of every species she passes. While Led's not under the influence he is attracted to her and wants her no matter what body he's in and takes care of her he does in every erotic way possible.
Now masterless, the previous assassin Ledderik sees Th
Sue
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A girl with a fiery temper and a cyborg can mean only one thing, trouble !!!
Ledderik is a cyborg that is ready to become a part of the world in a virtual sense for the remainder of his time, the one day he finds that all of this has dramatically changed when he rescues Thorn and is drawn into all of her catastrophes and disasters.
Thorn is able to draw Males as though she was enchanted they just cannot refuse her anything and he really isn’t sure why. It is as though she is able to attract every
Daria
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

Blade another book in the amazing Prey series written by such a talented author. I love the mix of Sci-Fi and Erotica with a dab of holy cow did that really happen. Cari Silverwood just makes her worlds exciting and interesting.

Led the not so wrapped tight Cyborg kinda blah blah about life and is way willing to trade it for greener cyber fields. OMG, I love SMOG, he so rocked, a kick &%#@ AI I enjoyed his personality. Then you have Thorn and let me tell you being called a biohazard is more than
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Cari Silverwood – Blade. I love the cover! I think it is very telling how the story will be. Blade is the third book in the Dark Monster Fantasy series. We meet Ledderik aka Led (he was first introduced in Prey) & Thorn. In the beginning Ledderik isn’t very nice. Until he meets Thorn. Ledderik has just about used his body up and needs a new one. And, with the bodies that Led chooses he makes sure he has a priority to upsize his appendages. Yes, you read that correctly, appendages and he knows ho ...more
Kristina
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi

An epic quest a la Lord of the Rings. Except, maybe not quite so epic. And instead of a Bilbo Baggins, Thorn had a Ledderik, a cyborg who turned into...lots of other things. While discovering sex.
And one friend who’s a smart-arse sword. And the other is a robot.
Ok, so Thorn’s quest is absolutely nothing like LOTR, but it’s way more fun!
Blade is funny, full of action and adventure, and lots and lots of...appendages (proper language for the Zon). It is pretty epic - the appendages, and the world
Saskia
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Dark Monster Fantasy series. If you enjoy a witty, action packed, sexy book with lots of sci fi elements all wrapped up in one book, then this is the book for you.

I have to be honest and say that I had a bit of trouble getting into the book. There was just so much going on, it was a bit of a information overload, but things fell into place once they started their journey.

I felt that in this book the journey was not just a psychical journey, but also a journey of exploring
Rose Howse
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well this book was fun! I loved Ledderik with his end of life body jumping, Thorn and her unknown origins and of course Smorg, the talking, wise cracking sword. The trio have many adventures as they try to solve multiple problems. Led as he learns the different ways his new bodies function, especially their manly appendages. We also get to see Thorn's ship Jocelyn take on a new "body" to become part of the adventuresome trio and helps them out a few times. I chuckled at one line that Thorn speak ...more
Andrea Miles
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Were to begin: Another amazing story from the amazing Cari Silverwood. Blade is Book 3 in this wonderful series Dark Monster Fantasy. Blade is a dark, sexy, book. Who wouldn't want a man who can add to himself. This book is dirty, grity, fantasticly written, and never a dull moment. I would recomend this book to anyone. This wonderfully written sci-fi and another book from the way out there mind of Cari Silverwood.
Diane
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leddrick was ready to give it all up. His life that is. Thorn was hoping to take over her own ship. Alas, nothing seemed to turn out as it should have. Thorn learns of her secret past and Leddrick is thrown into the mix. Add a couple of AI's. It's a sexy story with some depth. Enjoyed it very much.
Lisa
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How to describe Blade? Cari takes you on a wild ride in her own amazing style that flawlessly mixes futuristic paranormal, imaginative erotic sex, action filled story and humor into one story that still at it's core is a romance!
Although Led is introduced earlier in the series, Blade is an independent story and extremely enjoyable on many levels.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this dark monster fantasy series! This has been an awesome series so far! Thorn and Led have such awesome chemistry, you almost forget they're not quite human! Led's "makeover" turned him into a sexy cyborg, and despite their antagonistic banter, their attraction kept me on edge. This is a steamy, edgy series, and Blade is full of intensity, irreverent humor, and high octane action!
Doreen Frantz
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read. Loved this out of this world fantasy series with its out of this world sex scenes. My first tentacle read. Not what I expected (don't actually know what I had expected) but will definitely try more. Was good seeing Ledderick again….
IRIS
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved!

Gosh I loved Led! A totally unique take on a interspecies love story. I was hoping for a permanent solution to Leds body issue but here’s hoping we visit Thorn and Led in the future.

• Catacombs (Cradle of Darkness, #0.5)
  • The Serpent's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #3)
  • Silent Captive (Wren's Song, #2)
  • His Darkest Craving
  • Strange Love (Galactic Love #1)
  • Blind Fall (Stolen by an Alien, #5)
  • Branded Captive (Wren's Song, #1)
  • The (Alien) Nanny for Christmas
  • Willa's Beast (Icehome, #3)
  • Brute
  • Twisted Sacrament
  • Angie's Gladiator (Icehome, #5)
  • Alien Captive (Tsenturion Masters #1)
  • Invaded (Unbreakable, #1)
  • Alpha Breeds (Alpha Horde, #1)
  • The Golden Line (Knotted #1)
  • The Mistwalker (Dark Tales #2)
  • Bass-Ackwards (Wrong-Way, #1)
Cari Silverwood is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling writer of kinky darkness or sometimes of dark kinkiness, depending on her moods and the amount of time she's spent staring into the night.

When others are writing bad men doing bad things you may find her writing good men who accidentally on purpose fall into the abyss and come out with their morals twisted in knots.

email: carisilverwoo

Dark Monster Fantasy (3 books)
  • Prey (Dark Monster Fantasy, #1)
  • Steel (Dark Monster Fantasy, #2)