Start by marking “Where You Go (The Rambler Battalion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Where You Go (The Rambler Battalion, #1)

Where You Go

(Rambler Battalion #1)

When Alex Moore leaves New York in search of a slower pace, her life is turned upside down at the sight of her oldest friend and first love Luke Waterford. In Nashville, Alex is shocked by their instant attraction and the sense of home she feels with a man she hasn’t seen in ten years. Luke’s time in the Army has made him even more beautiful, even more interesting, even mo ...more
Published October 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Where You Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where You Go

Start your review of Where You Go (The Rambler Battalion, #1)
SA Krishnan
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it.
The book was about a real military romance. Alex still loves the man of her dreams and she slowly comes to realize the compromises that she has to make for a military man. The slow realization and her love for Luke was beautifully etched and brought out. Alex was such a fun character and her personality was what made the entire relationship tick. Luke and Alex actually seemed perfect for each other. Lovely read.
Kimberley O'Malley
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Loved this book!!!
Camille Cain
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author's ability to make me feel the tension in the main character, and smell and taste the food she prepared gave me great pleasure as I read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and was sad when it came to an end. Doesn't that say it all? I look forward to the author's continued writings.
Lily Cooper
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the plot and story of best friends to lovers. I also enjoyed how it was a clean romance!
Steven White
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Romance

I loved this book! I don't normally read romance novels, but I'm glad I read this one. Actually, I am a sappy romantic and also an Army veteran who grew up in an Army family! Much of this spoke to me and tapped into my life. Thanks, Claire for giving me such a sweet, tortured story. Life could be so much better if we could read minds...well, maybe not all minds!
Kate (Beyond Bookish)
Review originally posted on my blog at Beyond Bookish

I received a free copy of this ebook for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own! :D

-------
I was lucky to receive this beauty from Claire Cain, the author! I have never read an adult romance centered around the military or with a military hero or heroine! I had been looking to broaden my horizons within contemporary romance so it was meant to be!

Firstly, the friends to lovers trope really worked for me! Alex and Luke really feel long lost
Robyn Scibbe
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was gripping from the beginning all the way through to the end. I think what I loved most about it was how real Alex is. Her funny self dialogue had me laughing out loud as I read it, and the exciting happenings had me exclaiming “Whattttt!!!” In the middle of reading silence! (It’s true, ask my husband! Ha!). I love that even though this is a romance book, it isn’t just a mushy, happy fairy tail. There is wrestling with real life messy issues that are always intertwined with love and ...more
Jamie
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning, Alex made me laugh out loud with her fun personality! Her story touches on so many of the highs and lows that military spouses face when they are first introduced to military life: the joy of being a part of something great, the terrible realization that you’ll have to give up so much, and the torn feelings of anger/guilt/frustration/regret about putting their job above your own. These are really difficult things to grapple with, and while everyone has their own unique s ...more
Hilary
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's refreshing to read a romance with realistic characters, dialog, and plot. It's a little more chaste then what I'm used to, but I still enjoyed it. I think Army wives/girlfriends would really enjoy this book.
Grace Tolman
Aug 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I've had this book in my Kindle library for a while now so I thought I'd dive into it. I believe this is also my first read from the author.
First off, I really liked the cover. It is just very sophisticated and it ties really well with the storyline, especially the Army angle of it. I love the color choices and the lady's dress resembles the dress that our protagonist, Alex, wears in one of the scenes.
That being said, the whole story was just so so for me. Alex and Luke are childhood friends.
Amy Shannon
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Remarkable story

The book intrigued me when this book was nominated Best Indie Titles of 2018 awards on my author blog, and the author was nice enough to share the story with me for a review. Cain pens a grand story in Where You Go. This is the first book that I've read by Cain, and it won't be my last. I was pulled in with the writing and the story from the beginning. It's not a typical romance story and it brings in real life situations. There is humor and emotion, and the characters come to l
Sandi
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Skye Yanovsky
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and Realistic military romance

I love military romances and this was such a realistic and beautiful story about second chances, military life and being a military spouse. I absolutely admired the writing, the details and likable characters. This isn’t a steamy read but I am completely ok with that because my heart was completely satisfied. I am heading to binge read the rest of the series.
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
Luke was her first love she hasn’t seen him in ten years and now they meet again and she can’t get over how she is still attracted to him he is back in between deployments. Alex is still drawn to him and they stick together while he is back.
And they both seem to like each other it took them long enough . I love a friends to lovers romance and Luke and Alex were a real match
Alyssa
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet army romance

Really love this sweet military romance. It’s hard to find books about REAL life military love story experiences. Not everyone is special ops or navy seal. This is actually what it’s like. 💕💕💕
Rebecca
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 star read

Well-rounded characters. Overall a good read. Would read more from this author. Some of the internals a bit repetitive but we are often that way when we obsess.
Ashley
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book from start to finish. It was a nice read and a great love story. I was captivated and pulled in from the beginning to the end.
Coco.V
Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/3/2019)! 🎁
Lorraine
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonderful story

Loved this story. Loved both Alex and Luke. The angst and misunderstanding lasted a little long for my taste. But but still very likable .
Courtney
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Okay

I don't know if it's just because I had such a connection to a previously read book, or if I just am not in the mood for a novel such as this one- but I did not feel the pull to this novel that I normally do when I am reading a new novel. I will definitely have to try again later.
Patty
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rings true regarding figuring out Army life

The characters are so well drawn that you feel you know them in person from the first chapters. Claire’s descriptions of their attraction to each other and the feeling of falling in love as an adult ring true. The hesitation on his side and her side regarding joining the Army lifestyle also sound like conversations I had with my husband before we were engaged. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and can’t wait for the next installment in the series!
Lisa Stein
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, I liked reading a book that had more of an inside track into the military life. A military wife in my book group recommended this.

I will read the series.

(Sorry for the vagueness, I'm typing this a month after reading it.)
Allison
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
A quick read that I enjoyed a lot - I found the military relationship aspects relatable. I also enjoyed the setting of Nashville as I lived there for a hot second!
Cindy
Oct 12, 2018
kimberly B
Oct 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Forgiving the Billionaire (Silicon Valley Billionaires #1)
  • Back to You (San Diego Marines #1)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Boyfriend (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #3)
  • Even Still (Faith and Love Book 1)
  • Jeremiah's Bogus Bride (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance #4)
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Hannah (Farraday Country, #8)
  • Hollywood and Ivy
  • Sealed with a Kiss (Emerald Lake Billionaires #1)
  • Bryce (Sexton Brothers, #2)
  • Home with You  (San Diego Marines #6)
  • Mending His Dream: Wounded Warriors Rescue (Second Chance Romance in Liberty Cove Book 2)
  • The Sheriff's Baby Bargain (Angel Point, #1)
  • Chasing Rainbows (Love in a Bottle, #1)
  • A Marriage of Anything But Convenience (The Billionaire Club #1)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Hopeful Cowboy  (Hope Eternal Ranch Romance #1)
  • His Royal Highness

Rambler Battalion (5 books)
  • As You Are (The Rambler Battalion, #2)
  • Don't Stop Now (Rambler Battalion #3)
  • Home With You (Rambler Battalion #4)
  • All of You (Rambler Battalion #5)