Start by marking “Honeymoon for One” as Want to Read:
Honeymoon for One

Honeymoon for One

The wedding is off, but the love story is just beginning.

Betrayed the night before his wedding by the supposed boy of his dreams, Ethan Robinson escapes the devastating fallout by going on his honeymoon alone to the other side of the world. Hard of hearing and still struggling with the repercussions of being late-deafened, traveling by himself leaves him feeling painfully
Published September 27th 2018 by KA Books

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon for One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honeymoon for One

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Ethan lost his parents, his hearing, and his social identity all in the course of a few years. But he still had his boyfriend and his best friend. Michael and Todd were incredibly supportive as Ethan struggled with crippling depression.

The night before his wedding to Michael, Ethan is filled with nervous anticipation—a little doubt, but mostly joy. He rushes home to see his groom-to-be, only to be confronted by Michael's betrayal.

Ethan had my heart from page one. He was so gentle and vulnerabl
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I loved Honeymoon for One. Keira Andrews gets another book exactly right.

My romance tastes have become more and more defined and refined over the years, and I have specific types of things that I love to read about. If I had to describe a checklist of my likes, this book would be like check, check, check!

We get an MC that is hard of hearing. I love MCs that have overcome obstacles or are living with obstacles, and I haven't had many reads with deaf or mostly deaf MCs. I loved, loved, loved rea
Martin
Meet my new addition to my list of top 10 reads of all time. Seriously, this one definitely qualified.
So much.

I’ll try to wipe the tears (of joy) off my keyboard, so I can actually write a coherent review.
First of all, I LOVE age gap romances. I absolutely love them. Not all of them are good, IMO, but when they’re good, they’re spectacular, like this one.

This beautiful story starts out really bad. I honestly prefer books that bring us into the story AFTER such a terrible relationship showdown l
Keira Andrews
My new contemporary M/M romance is out today! It will be exclusively at Amazon to buy and borrow in KU for the first three months, and then will be available in wide release.

You've got an age gap, slow burn, newfound friends-to-lovers, sexual exploration, and two lonely men finding their happily ever after. I loved writing Ethan and Clay's romance, and I hope you enjoy reading it! <3

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2DmsGAh
Amazon global: http://rxe.me/K85PB3
Susan
I love reading about strong characters who are dealt a shitty hand in life and try to make the most out of it.

Ethan is in college when he starts losing part of his hearing. He struggles with it and gets pretty depressed for several years. Luckily he has a supporting boyfriend, now fiancé, and an amazing best friend.

When Ethan comes home early the day before his wedding, he is not expecting to see his fiancé in bed with his best friend. Turns out the two have been in a relationship for the last 2
Fabi
Ethan and Clay are perfect for each other!

Ethan has been dealt some awful hands in life. At 27 years old he's had hard knock after hard knock. The latest being a harsh betrayal from people he trusted most in his life. I was so angry on his behalf! But I loved, loved, loved how he dealt with the aftermath. Really - his actions and reactions were perfect. Thank you Keira Andrews! Too many romance novels gloss over emotional or physical pain caused by loved ones. Implying the victim should be a bet
Leta Blake
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I edited this book.

Super enjoyable read. I loved the main character, Ethan, a young man coping with loss and having been recently diagnosed as a late-deafened adult. Betrayed on the eve of his wedding, he sets off on his honeymoon alone. It's a courageous and spunky move that shows the kind of man Ethan really is deep down.

I also loved the other hero, Clay. An older, Aussie from the Outback whose life was rebooted in his early forties when his wife left him for another man. Being de
Elsa Bravante
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Un libro realmente bonito, he disfrutado leyendo. El comienzo para uno de los personajes es duro de leer y no hace más que empujar al lector a seguir página a página para poder ser testigo de cómo consigue encontrar la felicidad.
Parece que el age gap se ha puesto de moda en el MM, no soy muy fan, a veces me resulta difícil de creer, pero la autora consigue escribir una historia llena de dulzura donde todo se desarrolla poco a poco aunque el romance de los protagonistas sea relámpago. Bonito ento
.Lili.
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap, m-m

Honeymoon for One by Keira Andrews is what romance is all about.

hurt/comfort/healing + age gap + slow burn + sexual tension + OFY + KA =

In this story, we get two men who are at different stages in their lives. Ethan finds himself in Australia on a trip of a lifetime except he's alone on what was supposed to be his honeymoon. He'd just recently come out of a deep depression after the loss of his parents and his hearing. Ethan felt like he was finally coming out of it only to discover his fiance
Renée
This one just didn't work for me.

First, the "honeymoon for one" trope, where one MC is left broken-hearted right before a wedding and goes on the planned honeymoon anyway, alone, has been done to death. It's too rare a thing for a trope to have developed, and yet here we are. I'm over it.

Second, Ethan was a whiny brat. What happened to him sucked. Bad. But being in his head made me want to beat mine against a wall.

Third, this was insta-love that was not believable. The relationship development
Shin Mon Thway
A classic Keira Andrews! What’s not to like? May-December romance and an older guys who just got his first taste of wild gay rimming! 😂 One MC’s hearing loss is cleverly written and empathetically handled. Slow-burn, intense UST with sweet sweet moments, really really enjoyed it. And thy epilogue was absolutely beautiful.

4 welcome to sexuality 101 stars
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jennifer☠Pher☠
This was nice.

No wait.

The setup was horrible. I mean absolutely horrible. It was like watching a Disney movie with the evil somebody. There is no other way to describe what happened to Ethan as anything other than evil. I can't even really get into it without seething. Assholes.

It was also a tad troublesome. There were a lot of years involved in the beginning and I struggle with stories with this kind of history. There were years of depression and years of deception. There were so many years fo
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

When Keyra Andrews releases a new book, I go for it. Once again, her writing suited me well.

Ethan, even if he’s still in his twenties, hasn’t had an easy life and all scrambles again on the eve of his wedding with his soon-to-be husband and his best friend’s betrayal. The honeymoon Australian Bus Tour is booked and Ethan decides to go on his own. There, Clay, the bus driver seems willing to be by his side and very mindful of his hearing impairment.

Clay, after all, is a carer by n
Trio
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r, mm
Are you old enough to remember the movie Crocodile Dundee? Well if you’re not, I’ll sum it up: hot, rugged Aussie meets younger American and they fall in love. In Keira Andrews’ Honeymoon for One, she gives us a fresh updated version of this story and adds in a few of her signature twists. This is one man’s moving journey of self-discovery, combined with some much needed healing for the other, and the result is one of the loveliest friends-to-lovers stories I’ve read in ages.

I dare you not to cr
Ariana
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-gap, ku, lgbtq
This book ticked two of my most favourites tropes:
age gap and firsts

But what impressed me most was how brilliantly Keira Andrews let us experience the world through the eyes - or rather ears - of a person who is hard of hearing. The daily hurdles they have to take, the frustration that comes with asking people to repeat stuff, not to talk about hearing aids and their pit falls. I will never look at a person HOH the same again. Thank you, Keira, for making an excellent case here!

As for the roman
Denise H.
**** An Aussie and an American romance, down under !
Ethan became deaf later in life, his folks both passed away, and we see his insecurities, loneliness, and struggles. He's depressed as he navigates each day with his hearing aides and he's overwhelmed by the defect. When his fiance cheats, Ethan goes on his honeymoon to Australia alone. He realizes he and the ex should have quit their toxic relationship earlier, but he had hung on. Ethan....

* Clay, reddish short hair, stocky, 40,

with two kid
Debra

What a sweet, moving, love story. Keira Andrews had me from the start.

I felt the pain as Ethan loses his dream future and tries to wrap his head around it while taking the trip to Australia he always wanted even though it was meant to be a honeymoon. When the tour bus driver, Clay, reaches out to Ethan to help him enjoy his tour and is especially good about working with Ethan's hearing loss, Ethan figures a little crush on the older, straight man, is just the way to make the trip even
CrabbyPatty
Ethan's beloved deceased mother always hoped he would find the boy of his dreams, and Ethan believes that marrying Michael is fulfilling that wish ... until he comes home the day before his wedding to find his fiance and their best friend Todd together in bed. Then Michael and Todd have the balls to suggest a polyamorous relationship, and Ethan ends up going on their 3-week Australian honeymoon alone.

Ethan is a late-deafened adult, with hearing loss starting while in college. Andrews does a stel
Chelsea
4.5 hearts

We've got Clay

Typical Aussie bloke, mid 40s.

We've got Ethan

Little bit neurotic, has needed to grow up well before his age. Late 20s.

I loooove me a good may-december romance and this one was swoooon worthy!!

Ethan gets the shock of his life the day before his wedding and I actually really loved all the intricacies of every conversation revolving around that incident. It was much more in-depth and well thought out than any other book I'd read with the same trope.

Anyway, after that Ethan
Chris
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Ok so I liked this book ... but Ethan bugged the shit out of me. I had no issues with the deafness, it was his inner monologues about being hurt by his fiancé & best mate - it was relentless and annoying ! I get he was hurt, shocked and all things sad but he was just too much of a victim. The Aussie references were cute, but poor bugger being deaf and coping with slang was a tough one LOL. This was pretty sweet, not my favorite read of the week, but I know many people have loved it.
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.8

I have to say this first and get it over with. I LOVED the Aussie slang so much! It made the book even more enjoyable in my opinion. And also, it made Clay all the more endearingly sweet.

Second. I LOVED Clay! He was just this blend of everything good. At times I thought dude... you are so gullible/good hearted but dam it if that didn’t make me love him harder. I was really enjoying his brand of normal. Just a good bloke going his way making t
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Solid read. I enjoyed the second half more than the first.

I thought this one read a bit slow. It took awhile for things to start to brew between Ethan and Clay. And despite everything Ethan had gone through, which was a lot, I found him a bit whiny.

But things picked up in the second half especially once Ethan and Clay gave things a go.

Low angst, with some nice steam...I enjoyed this one.
Cadiva
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another truly wonderful romance from Keira Andrews. She never fails to bring all the emotional connections to her love stories and this one is no exception.

I fell for Ethan so hard, just like Clay did :) I wanted to punch (view spoiler) really hard too, right in the "googlies" to coin a cricketing phrase.

Although this looks, on the surface, as a fairly typical "boy gets hurt, boy goes away solo, boy meets new boy" holiday style romance, it's far removed from tha
Jassy
**4.25 stars**

I'm still feeling warm and happy now days after finishing the book. Honeymoon for One is a very sweet, heartwarming book with all the right feelings. I think I read somewhere that it's insta-love and... I don't agree... they kiss for the first time after around 50% of the book and that's just a real nice slow burn romance in my opinion.
Clay Kelly is the older, Australian guy (and hahaha - some words are so funny :D) driving the tour bus. At first, he just shows compassion towards
David Alexander
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: andrews
~5 Stars

Eugenia
OMG!!! This is so wonderfully sexy and sweet!!! A total comfort read!

4.5 Stars! This book, I couldn't put it down!!!

The beginning broke me. Ethan goes on his honeymoon alone after walking in on his fiance with another man the night before his wedding. Although this first part had a bit too much of internal monologuing going on, it soon gave way to straight up confrontation, rage, and despair.

But worry not about the angst level here, my lovelies, Ethan soon distracts himself from his idiot of an
Santy
I really liked this!

I hadn’t really thought of Australia as a holiday destination since it’s literally at the other side of the planet from me but after this, it’s movedway up on my bucket list!

I’m feeling too lazy to write a more in-depth review so just get this if you are in the mood for some good old fashioned romance with zero drama.
Zuzu
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Just finished this book and I’m smiling as I type this.

I loved this story so much! A rare 5 star ⭐ rating from me.

Ethan and Clay were great characters and perfect for each other.
haletostilinski
Oh, I simply adored this book. Man, I missed Kiera Andrews's writing so much - almost always her stories are just so good and engaging, written well with interesting characters and interesting romance.

After Ethan walks in on his husband-to-be fucking his best friend the day before their wedding, he's shocked, heartbroken, and angry. He thought he and Michael were doing well after he got out of his depression about his hearing - Ethan has a fairly rare condition where he'd been hearing all his l
Vanna
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars! Liked it! 😁 Story was a typical May-December romance where Ethan (May) gets a rude shock on the eve of his wedding and in a moment of defiance decides to go on the planned honeymoon to Australia by himself. There he meets Clay (December); a laid back, cricket-loving Outback hottie who is straight. Ethan and Clay form an unlikely friendship with Ethan crushing on Clay not knowing if his feeling are being reciprocated. 💕
The friendship becomes more when "straight" Clay starts feeling att
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fict ...more
“No way. I drove her down to Brissie and made sure he was a decent fellow first. Brisbane, I mean.” Ethan’s jaw dropped. “Did you say you took your wife to meet the guy she was leaving you for?” Clay shrugged. “Had to make sure he wasn’t one of those lunatics you hear about.” 0 likes
“It was easier to hear the lower tones of a man’s voice, but with an Aussie accent, the different, broader vowel sounds were already proving a challenge. Consonants were always the hardest for Ethan to hear, and Shiv seemed to drop them altogether on some words, especially the letter “r,” although he couldn’t be sure since he didn’t have Michael to ask.” 0 likes