Start by marking “Nissa (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nissa (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #3)

Nissa

(The Widows of Wildcat Ridge #3)

A widow with two small children, Nissa Stillwell is forced out of the mining supervisor's house she had lived in prior to her husband’s death in the mine disaster in Wildcat Ridge, Utah. She quickly learns he had gone heavily into debt to impress his boss, mine owner Mortimer Crane. In order for her and her children to have a home, she leaves what few possessions remain be ...more
Published October 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Nissa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nissa

Start your review of Nissa (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #3)
Lori D
The Widows of Wildcat Ridge series is a story of a town that has lost many of their men to a mining disaster that actually happened. The problem is that there are so many widows and Nissa Stillwell is one of them. Living in the mine supervisor's house with her two children she is forced to leave by him, Mortimer Crane. He declares they owe him a lot of money and she move out to try to make her way. But Mortimer almost forces her to work at the gentleman's saloon to pay him back.
This story was re
Mary Gallo
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These women!!

This series is very enjoyable. The only teal.constant is the villian, Morty Ctane. Eww, the name just makes my skin crawl. But the stories are all different enough to be so enjoyable. And I have read them out of order. Take a break and read a well written story with strong characters
Sandra Sorola
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nissa Stillwell is one of the Widows who lost her Husband with the collapse of the Mine in Wildcat Ridge. She and her two children desperately need a fresh start.
Dallin Walsh arrives in town with his 2 ranch hands to look over the horses the Widows have set to Auction off.
Birdie Templeton, not a widow but the daughter of a former employee of Mortimer Crane, the dastardly Mine and Town Owner.
Hal, one of the two ranch hands accompanying Dallin, sees Birdie and is immediately attracted. He sees t
Renate
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Widows of Wildcat Ridge (Utah) series romances are fascinating since the stories are based on an actual mine disaster where 175 miners lost their lives. Zina Abbott includes the actual news article from the Salt Lake City Deseret News on Friday, March 28, 1884 in her book. Nissa Stillwall, a widow with two young children, mirrors the dilemma of making a living of many women during this time period. Zina Abbott includes a threatening town and mine owner Mortimer Crane, a horse auction, three ...more
Earlene Click
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nissa and Dallin

Mortimer Crane still owns most of Wildcat Ridge and is still fishing misery to all he can. He is determined Nissa will work at his salon , house of pleasures and she is determined she will not. She is a washer woman since her husband's death. She meets Dallin when he comes to the town for the horse auction and needs his clothes washed and mended. You will enjoy this book and will get hours of fun while seeing who gets their happily ever after.
Alma Conchas
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series so much!

Wow, I loved Nissa and Dallin & Birdie and Hal's story so much! I think that with each new story that I read of this series I fall more in love with the couple's and the town, although not all the couple's stay in Wildcat Ridge! They still make this series so rich in knowing them and finding out what they go through to get their HEA! Thank you so much Mrs. Abbott for writing such a wonderful story!
Judy Esposito
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nissa Book 3!

I just loved this book! This 3rd book in the series had my head spinning with the possibility of 3 couples falling in love. I loved it, following the twists and turns of each couple which eventually led to hard faught happily ever afters. A Sweet book with characters you will love along with one dastardly villain you will dislike. Looking forward to the next one. Zina Abbott, you just became one of my favorite authors. JudyE
Cindy Nipper
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story! I especially loved the multiple romances going on! Lots of action in this book, I hope the rest of the series matches the power of this one!
This is another sweet read by Zina Abbott!

I enjoyed this advance copy and this is my choice to write a review!

Zina is a very talented author and I have enjoyed every book of hers I’ve read!
Sandra Newton
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story and series

This is a multiple author series and this allows us the reader's to find new authors to follow. This series is a creative and entertaining adventure and this books continues on with another great story. I hope everyone starts at book one and continues on to the end. Pages packed with excitement, cruel men, hero's and strong women. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟💖💖💖💖💖
Pat  Comer
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story.

Thank you Zina Abbott, Wonderful book, I enjoyed reading about Nissa and Dallin, It was wild, exciting and little crazy. Dallin and Hal took care of their Ladies. They saved them both.
Pamela Hastings
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable!

The story of widowed Nissa and Dallin, a rancher from Colorado was a fun page turning book. I found myself laughing at the interactions of some of the characters! Good plot!
Susan Hall
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really love this story

Excellent writing
Womderful twists and turns. Descriptive. I Love the colorful charecters and stories of two women who find love they were not looking for.
Casey
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Consistently good reading

I'm very much enjoying all of the Wildcat Ridge books.
Having two of the ladies find happiness just made it better.
Anita Rohn
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#3

Thoroughly enjoyed the rough and tumble adventures of this story and the entertaining mishaps and twists that lead to a new beginning and happiness.
Carri Kelsey
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

What a beautiful book, finding a great love after a bad marriage is not easy, and to find he is great and loving with your children is the icing on the cake.
Peggy Clayton
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book from The Widows Of Wildcat Ridge Series. I really like the books in this series as they are westerns and also are written so well. Zina hit a home run with this!
joy mansion
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The devil chase the ladys

Wow this was a very heart pound story. I truly enjoyed reading it was keep me in the edge of my seat. I know you will.love this book.
Sarah B White
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Happily Ever After For the Young Widow

Nissa was a young widow with two young children-a boy and a girl. Her husband had been killed in a mining accident. Nissa and the children had been thrown out of the home provided for his family as a supervisor. Nissa had beautifully furnished the home. The cause of the mining accident was a lack of proper framing of the tunnels. The supervisor wanted to increase profits, so had workers remove part of the framing and use it as the tunnel was made longer.
Jean Hall
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Widows of Wildcat Ridge is a clean romance, based on a real mine disaster in which 175 miners lost their lives. The villain wants to control all the women and make them work in his Salon, which is a house of pleasures for men. The women all are determined to not work for him, and fortune shines on some of them as they decide to hold a horse auction. Several of the men who come for the auction fall in love with some of the women and help them get out of town. Can't wait to read more books in ...more
Lupe
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very Moving Novel

I enjoyed the plots, the action and details in this book. Although novel is in a series it can stand alone. I’ve read several books in this series and like them all.
Carol Williams
Oct 03, 2019
Shantel
May 08, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hazelanne (Widows of Wildcat Ridge Book 15)
  • Ophelia: The Widows of Wildcat Ridge Book 16
  • Logan (Bachelors and Babies #2)
  • Sawyer (Bachelors & Babies, #6)
  • Viola (Angel Creek Christmas Brides #10)
  • A Very Weaver Christmas
  • Rider's Renegade
  • Molly Switches her Man (The Mismatched Mail-Order Brides #6)
  • Mary and the Fighter (Prairie Tales, #2)
  • Wanted: Stonemason (Silverpines, #16)
  • Blaze's Beauty
  • Tara's Trials (Romance on the Oregon Trail #4)
  • Phebe's Promise (The Alphabet Mail-Order Brides, #16)
  • Lucky in Love (Cowboys and Angels, #2)
  • Learning Her Lines (Cowboys and Angels, #38)
  • Lucas's Lady (Sunset Valley, #1)
  • Beatrice the Bride (Cowboys and Angels, #1)
  • Dear Miss Cucinotta (Mail-Order Bride Ink, #8)

Zina Abbott is the pen name used by Robyn Echols for her historical novels. Her novel, Family Secrets, was published by Fire Star Press in October 2014 and her novelette, A Christmas Promise, was published by Prairie Rose Publications in November 2014. The first two novellas in the Eastern Sierra Brides 1884 series, Big Meadows Valentine and A Resurrected Heart, are now available.

The author curr

The Widows of Wildcat Ridge (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Priscilla (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #1)
  • Blessing (The Widows Of Wildcat Ridge, #2)
  • Gwyneth (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #4)
  • Dulcina (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #5)
  • Josephine (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #6)
  • Thalia (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #7)
  • Eleanora (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #8)
  • Garnet (The Widows Of Wildcat Ridge, #9)
  • Grace (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #10)
  • Rosemary (The Widows of Wildcat Ridge, #11)

News & Interviews