Start by marking “This Happened to Jessica (Secrets of Redemption #2)” as Want to Read:
This Happened to Jessica (Secrets of Redemption #2)

This Happened to Jessica

(Secrets of Redemption #2)

How many more are going to die because you refuse to remember?

Becca would like nothing better than to put the past behind her and focus on making Redemption her home. But what do you do when the past refuses to stay buried?

Becca still can't remember the night sixteen-year-old Jessica disappeared from a party, never to be seen again. Which is bad enough (especially since
Published November 27th 2018 by Love-Based Publishing

To ask other readers questions about This Happened to Jessica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Happened to Jessica

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

The best way to describe her was round—round face, round glasses, round bosom , round belly. Her silver-grey hair was cut short, and it “poofed” around her face like a dandelion gone to seed. She looked like a stereotypical grandmother, except for her sharp eyes, which peered out at me from behind black-rimmed frames. She smelled like a combination of mothballs and chamomile.

I had found some of Aunt Charlie's bags she had custom made to package her teas and tinctures. Across one
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.
Jeanine
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is just as good as the first one!
Rene' Seals
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe that that it has been two months since I read and reviewed Michele Pariza Wacek’s (Michele PW) “It Began With A Lie.” Like I said in my last review, this is not my typical genre but this series had me hooked since I read the description. “It Began With A Lie” was not a cliff hanger but it definitely left me with a lot of unanswered questions! “This Happened to Jessica” is the second book in Michele PW’s Secrets of Redemption Series and you will want to read “It Began With a Lie” ...more
Katherine Yearwood
If you love to submerge yourself in a good mystery than the 2nd installment to Michele PW new series Secrets of Redemption titled This Happened to Jessica will be the book for you. This story Just like its predecessor takes us into the mystery of what happened to Jessica that night 12 years ago. But where It Began With A Life, left us with the burning needing to know what transpired that night that left one girl missing and another forgetting the details all these years. This Happened to Jessic ...more
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
**You must read the first book in this series! This is not a stand alone.**

Once again I was hooked by this book, after finishing book 1 I immediately started this one and I could not put it down. They mystery surround Jessica's disappearance and Becca's memories slowly returning keep me reading in the wee small hours of the night!

After the chaos that ensued towards the end of book 1, Becca is home, her husband is in jail and her stepdaughter Chrissie is in foster care. Yeah you REALLY need to re
Kathi Hoops
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book can hardly wait for book three!

Love the book keeps you guessing! Hope book goes up all the loose ends ! You start this and you will not want to put it down! Hey sleep is over rated anyway .
Rose Hefty
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Second Book in Series

This Happened to Jessica follows up on the underlying storyline in book one of this series. If you didn't read book one, I highly suggest it as it is really tantalizing but not necessary as this book can stand alone on it's own.
Susan Angela Wallace
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This happened to Jessica by Michelle P.W.
A fantastic read. This is book 2 and we find out what happened to Jessica. It wasn't who I thought it was. I was surprised with who it was. Becca is still my favourite character. Cant wait for book 3. 5*.
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Happened to Jessica is the second book in the Secrets of Redemption series, so you really MUST READ It Began With a Lie (Book 1) FIRST, since this story takes place afterwards. I loved the first book, but I think that I'm going have to go with this one being my favorite. See, Becca is trying to put her life back together after all the chaos of her husband's actions, and try to make Redemption her home. But now there's new things from her past trying to come out, like the night she threw a p ...more
Heather Martin
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

This Happened to Jessica is book two in the Secrets of Redemption series. This series MUST be read in order. This book is NOT a standalone. Seriously, read the first book before you read this one. It’s a fantastic book so you don’t want to miss it!

When I read the first book I struggled with liking Rebecca and I can’t say that opinion has changed a lot in this book. She h
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As with the first book in this series, it was exceptional, gripping, heart-racing and dramatic. It's many twists and turns really keep the reader guessing and hooked.

The characters were fabulous, as with the previous book. I certainly didn't see the ending coming. My guesses in my head were totally off the playing field so I was left shocked and reeling at the revelations. I still really love the main character, Rebecca, though in this book, she shined in a different way.

The storyline picks up
Michelle
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked it

Overall. The main character seemed to move through her life in a fog, and portions were really grating when she would do things like keep drinking while saying maybe she shouldn’t, she would get clues but not act on them. Ok, so I did not like the main character, but I did want to find out what was going on. The rest of the story was nice, the plot, her friends, even the cat. It was just that main character....I was just irritated with her for the entire book, so it made the whole book
Lynn
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked it

The story is well written and book 2 did wrap up most of what started in book 1. The supernatural element is still a bit wonky but there's enough reality to make up for it. I'm glad I gave the 2nd book a chance.
Ruth King
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Redemption

Spirits, a black cat, and murder make this novel hard to put down! Jessica and her friends try to figure out what happened to their missing friend when they were in high school.
Jaymi Couch
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Becca is still living in Redemption and trying to decide what she wants to do next. She's single now and living in Aunt Charlie's house. Her stepdaughter is living with a foster family and a pushy neighbor is demanding that Becca take up her aunt's old business.The weirdness begins when that neighbor turns up dead and just like with Jessica, Becca is the last person to have seen her alive.Becca's cousin CB shows up again along with Mia and Daphne and the whole gang. Daniel and his fiancé have br ...more
karin whitehead
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read. Enjoyed this story. Well developed characters, good story line. A writer to watch!
Chandru CS
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Good

You should come up and see how you feel that they up up with me?the first place you have any plans
Amy Pitts
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better! The more I read, the more I HAVE to know. This book takes you on a journey from past to present that keeps you on the edge to the very end. The mixture of natural and supernatural forces keeps you guessing as to who, or what, is the real enemy. I cannot wait for the next book and to find out the source of the evil that plagues this quiet town.
Stephanie Lopez
May 17, 2019
Kimberly
Dec 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
When Michele was 3 years old, she taught herself to read because she wanted to write stories so badly.

As you can imagine, writing has been a driving passion throughout her life. She became a professional copywriter (which is writing promotional materials for businesses), which led to her founding a copywriting and marketing company that serves clients all over the world.

Along with being a copywri

Secrets of Redemption (3 books)
  • It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)
  • The Evil That Was Done (Secrets of Redemption, #3)