Start by marking “The Confectioner's Coup (The Confectioner Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
The Confectioner's Coup (The Confectioner Chronicles #2)

The Confectioner's Coup

(The Confectioner Chronicles #2)

Out of the frying pan, into the fire...

Wren thought things were bad when her boyfriend's father tried to frame her for murder. But that was before a hostile army showed up at the city gates, ready to swallow Maradis whole. And before guild members began disappearing one by one--including the Confectioner's Guild's newest Gifted recruit.

Wren, suspecting the king is to bl

Published November 19th 2018 by Live Edge Publishing (first published November 13th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Confectioner's Coup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Confectioner's Coup

Start your review of The Confectioner's Coup (The Confectioner Chronicles #2)
*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆*
Wow, just wow. There's just no words to explain what I'm feeling right now.
I cannot believe what it has taken for this world to become apart of my own.
This series so far has made my heart soar, has made my heart jump with fright and fear, has made my heart cringe with awkwardness, it has made my heart sing for joy and it has made my heart broken with sadness and sorrow.
And I believe for this novel alone, it has accomplished all of these, but mainly the last one

This book really hits you hard
Sylvia Mercedes
RTC -- But yeah, I totally loved it! (And jumping right into the final book!)
Sabrina
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderfully delicious series! I was excited to get into the second book after enjoying the first so much.
After solving the mystery of her Guildmaster's murder, and acquitting herself, Wren still can't relax. Gifted guild members, including one of their own, are going missing and Wren is determined to rescue them.
Once again I could not wait for the final book in the trilogy.
SamiJo McQuiston
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
If you love a story that’s non-stop action from beginning to end, this is for you! You hardly have time to breathe. It’s not my style though. To me, the story feels rushed. Like you’re running from scene to scene and don’t have the time to build the care or relationship with the characters that you should.
The plot is solid, and I love the whole idea, I just wish it was longer. Also, I didn’t care for Hale’s character arc in this book. It didn’t feel earned. Didn’t love this as much as the fir
Sheri
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Confectioner's Coup by Claire Luana is the second book in the Confectioner Chronicles series. I recommend having read the first book first because this picks up the story from the first book. The story continues for Wren and things are not looking good for her and others in the guild. Guild members are going missing and the King is out of control. I have enjoyed this as well as the first book and the novella. The writing is well written and entertaining. This is a twist and turn thriller tha ...more
Jana (HokuGirlReads)
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness I didn’t not expect the crazy twists this story took! I was hooked and couldn’t put it down which made this a quick binge worthy read. The narrator did a great job with the characters. I can’t wait to listen to book three!
Rosie Rizk
After such a great first book, I was afraid the second wouldn't be able to compete. Happily, this book builds on the previous and introduces new complexities to the plot, and among the characters' relationships.

One of my favorites with this series so far, is the characters. They have a comfortable camaraderie that makes one think of happy family banter around campfires. But they also have intense moments, where trust and loyalty is questioned. And not all answered as expected.

The plot is ever b
Jennifer Lil'n  Dunski
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I'm blown away with the second book! It was not what I was expecting. The thrills, the love, the betrayals....it was so insane, it incredible! The storyline was even better than the first book, the characters grew and are outstanding and I didn't think the world building could get any better! I'm looking forward to reading book 3!
Nicole
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Second novel in this series; and it has it all. High action, romance, happiness, vengeance, emotional trauma and a cliff hangar. This novel really tests the characters that we meet in the first novel. We are also introduced to new characters that are integral to this world. Claire is one of my favourite authors. She really knows how to create an amazing world as well as fantastic characters.
Katherine
Jun 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-from-2020
Wren Confectioner hopes life will go back to normal at her guild, now that the murderer of the previous guild master has been caught and she is freed from all suspicion for that horrifying act. Indeed, life seems pleasant now- a steady boyfriend, regular lessons with her grandmaster at the guild, and a new gifted confectioner, with magic like Wren, who has just been persuaded to join the guild. But underneath the facade of normalcy, tensions between the guilds and the royal palace are growing mo ...more
Nia Dragin
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Published November 19, 2018, by Live Edge Publishing The Confectioner's Coup by Claire Luana is the second novel in her YA fantasy Confectioner’s Chronicles that follows Wren on her most daring adventure yet.

What an amazing sequel. Following Wren the novel also switches to Hale’s POV, giving the story a broader scope and more depth to the characters and their dynamics. Admittedly, since the story is changing the formula and bringing another character’s point of view into the mix, the story does
Laura Furuta
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Confectioner's Coup (Confectioner Chronicles Book 2)
By: Claire Luana
5 out of 5 stars

The story The Confectioner's Coup (Confectioner Chronicles Book 2) by Claire Luana is a fantasy book. It one that has action, danger, romance, and mystery. I found myself turning pages trying to find out what was going to happen next. It is the next exciting book in a wonderful series. Wren has found herself with a bit of time on her hands. She is someone who has always been busy and it is an unusual feeling.
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read about thinking things through. Wren survived the ordeals of the first novel and is trying to resume her normal life. When her and Callidus are on the trail of a Gifted ice cream maker, they are attacked by mysterious men in black. However, the ice cream maker Thom joins them and is a fast friend. As war looms and tensions rise, Guild members start mysteriously disappearing., including Thom. Can Wren and her friends solve the mystery and find Thom before war threatens them all?
a grea
IM211 -Scattered thoughts-
I received This audiobook from the author Claire Luana,(thank you!!) via a Facebook group giveaway. All my thoughts are of my own.

Political intrigue - with more of Hale, Sable, Wren, Lucas & Callidus... I've come to root for them even more than ever. We even get Hales POV, which was a refreshing and much needed outlook with what was to come in this story.
This sequel starts of with the guild recruiting a new gifted whilst the king is kidnapping the gifted members from every guild meanwhile in

E.A.
The Confectioner's Coup (The Confectioner Chronicles #2) by Claire Luana was just as good as the first and, had me just as engaged and hooked.

The second book in The Confectioner Chronicles we are once again tossed back into the fire. With the happenings all concluded in the first and Wren being aquitted for a crime she didn't even commit, things seems like they're on the up. But, with this world and the way their monarchy works, things don't stay quiet for long.

I will say that I was a little w
Erin Davidson
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Confectioner’s Coup by Claire Luana is the delicious second book in her newest series, the Confectioner Chronicles. The plot thickens in the latest instalment as an army arrives at the gates of Maradis, and the Guilds are thrown into dismay as the King struggles to gain power over them once more. But the Guild members are tired of answering to a blood thirsty King and his demands for Gifted produce from them. With an army fast approaching and Gifted guild members going missing, Wren must join fo ...more
Angela
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

The Confectioner’s Coup is the second book in The Confectioner Chronicles by Claire Luana. This book/series is an exceptionally good fantasy story, intricately woven with action, adventure, danger, mystery, suspense, humour, fun, heartache, tension, conflict, hostile enemies, disappearances, investigations, and a sprinkle of romance. I adore Ms. Luana’s books, and this series is no exception- so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book and continue the story. To say I had high expecta
Liz
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say first and foremost that the covers that accompany the series of the Confectioner Chronicles are just stunning. In fact it was the cover of the first book, The Confectioner’s Guild, that first drew me into this series and sucked me into the world that Wren lives in. Like I have mentioned this is a series and The Confectioner’s Coup is the second book. I would read the first book as well as the prequel,The Confectioner’s Exile.

I could sit and talk about this book all day. Both story
Erin
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I give The Confectioner's Coup (Confectioner Chronicles Book 2) by Claire Luana, 5 stars.
*This review may contain spoilers from previous books in the series.*

Things just keep getting worse for Wren and her friends. There is an army on their city's doorstep. Now things are happening within the Guild. Guild members are disappearing. But who is behind it? Is it the from the army threatening to attack? Or is it their own king? What can they do to resolve all this madness? At what cost?

I love this se
Caralee
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Confectioner's Coup (Confectioner Chronicles Book 2) by Claire Luana

5 Stars!!!!!

I am once again no let down. This is the second book in this series and the third book including the prequel to the series that I have read. The author really has such a great way of grabbing the reader and keeping you at the edge of your seat. I really found myself getting lost in this magical confectioner's world she has created.

I have to say that the more I read about Wren's life the more I really find I am d
Anna Hirsch
The Confectioner’s Coup (Confectioners Chronicles) by Claire Luana
5 Stars

Oh my god, this book was amazing! I could not put it down. It was filled with action, lies, deceit and betrayals. Wren manages to not get executed but ends up in more trouble in this book. Guild members are getting kidnapped and an army is at the gates of Maradis ready to invade. Negotiations for the accord are not going well and there is dissension within the guilds. War is imminent and everything is falling apart, a reb
Sunny
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*grips author firmly by the shoulders* Why? Why must you hurt them?

The Confectioner's Coup picks up not long after the first book ended. The Guild is still recovering from the previous events, but they are recovering. They even find another gifted to add to the Confectioner's Guild, a boy named Tom. And he fits right in. Maybe, just maybe, things will be okay...

But then of course they won't.

There is still plenty of scheming and plotting, not the least of which is from their very own king who sti
Debi
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Confectioner’s Coup (Confectioner Chronicles Book 2) by Claire Luana

5 Stars

This was the continued story of Wren and I loved it as much as the first part of this series. She just can't win when it comes to staying out of the line of fire with being framed for murder and getting out of that to now suspecting the king of being behind guild members being kidnapped and now the enemy has entered the city.

There was some parts of this story that made me so angry and then parts that were so so sad.
Katie
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
The Confectioner’s Coup (The Confectioner Chronicles #2)
By Claire Luana
5 stars

I was so excited to start this book after loving the first book in the series and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. I have been so lucky to read a few books by this author now and each one has been an incredible read. Ms Luana really does have a talent for creating such unique storylines and characters - her attention to detail is excellent. I always feel like I am part of her stories and because of that at
Krystal Gregory
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Confectioner’s Coup, Book 2 in the Confectioner Chronicles Series by Claire Luana
4 out of 5 Stars
What a great book! This fantasy novel is a continuation from the first Confectioner Chronicles. We are following again with Wren. Wren, for lack of a better word….is bored. She is always so busy, and after the events of the first book. Who could blame her? But be careful what you wish for.
A hostile army begins to appear outside of the city and people are starting to worry that they will take seiz
Maura
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Confectioner Chronicles Series and I suggest reading Book 1 first as this picks up only a short time after the first story ends.

As with book 1, THE CONFECTIONER'S COUP is full of well developed / well defined characters. There were a few times I was getting characters from the first book confused but there are simple explanations as to who is who which did not bog down the story.

This story has a bit more twists and turns and isn't as shiny and bright as one would e
Paper
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I really liked the idea of magical food presented in the first book. Cheese that can make you more intelligent for a brief period, cupcakes for luck? What a cool idea! However, there is literally 0 magic in this book besides in the first chapter I believe. What is the point of having characters with special abilities if they are not going to use them? Did the author forget? I thought as the series progressed, we would meet more people with different abilities and see how they could be used. Ther ...more
Jan farnworth
Jul 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the first one the uniqueness of magic being infused into foods is a very nice concept that stands out from other magic filled books. Wren is my favorite character, and i love the way this book builds on the previous book and introduces new twists and turns to the plot, and among the relationships in the book .

I do like that in this one we get a switch between hale and wrens point of view and if you read the novella that dedicated to hale backstory this really makes you in
Felicia  Bates
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Confectioner’s Coup (Confection Chronicles Book 2)
Claire Luana
4 out of 5 stars

As if I wasn’t already invested in this series after the first book, The Confectioner’s Coup has me hooked and looking forward to reading more. I have really come to love Claire Luana’s style of writing, each story has so much to offer really making you feel every emotion. Not only is the storyline exciting and packed with twists and turns that kept me engaged from start to finish but the character development is a
Moriah Venable
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Confectioner’s Coup is the second novel in the Confectioner Chronicles by Claire Luana. This is my fourth novel by this author.

After surviving the ordeals from the first book, Wren is now trying to prove the King is to blame for sudden disappearances of some of the guild members including a new recruit.

This new investigation takes her another journey with friends and foes. Will she be able to stop a rebellion?

I really enjoyed this novel and was so excited to read this novel.

Wren is such a s
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Fifth Knight (The Knights of Caerleon #1)
  • The Elemental Trial (The Faerie Race #2)
  • The Prison of Buried Hopes (After The Rift Book 5)
  • The Sorcery Trial (The Faerie Race #1)
  • The Return of Absent Souls (After The Rift, #6)
  • The Third Curse (The Knights of Caerleon #2)
  • Bessie Bell and the Goblin King (Tales of Aylfenhame, #3)
  • Daring Provocation (Shadow Veil Academy, #3)
  • Deadly Declaration (Shadow Veil Academy #2)
  • Reckless: Book One in the Terran Sea Chronicles
  • The Doomsday Trial (The Faerie Race #3)
  • The Temple of Forgotten Secrets (After The Rift Book 4)
  • The Killmores (Killmore #2)
  • The Inheritance
  • Fae Nightmare (Tangled Fae #3)
  • Saving Eden (The Eden Saga, #1)
  • Delayed Admission (Shadow Veil Academy #1)
  • The Werewolf Queen (Wheel of Crowns, #1)
Claire Luana grew up reading everything she could get her hands on and writing every chance she could. Eventually, adulthood won out, and she turned her writing talents to more scholarly pursuits, going to work as a commercial litigation attorney at a mid-sized law firm. While continuing to practice law, Claire decided to return to her roots and try her hand once again at creative writing.

She has

The Confectioner Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Confectioner's Guild (The Confectioner Chronicles, #1)
  • The Confectioner's Truth (The Confectioner Chronicles #3)