Start by marking “Love's Trials (Revolutionary Heart #2)” as Want to Read:
Love's Trials (Revolutionary Heart #2)

Love's Trials

(Revolutionary Heart #2)

Colin and Joshua faced the most harrowing ordeal of their lives with strength and courage. Believing they'd survived their trial, they looked forward to a future filled with happiness only to discover that the worst was yet to come. Sometimes surviving is the toughest trial of all.

After half a lifetime spent in short-term liaisons that allowed no intimacy, charismatic Iris
Published October 12th 2018 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Love's Trials, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love's Trials

Geoffrey Knight
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Love’s Magic, we thought that Colin and Joshua had passed the tests of life and love and emerged victorious, but in this follow-up to the first book in Janice Jarrell’s Revolutionary Hearts series, we see that their trials and tribulations are only just beginning.

What makes Love’s Trials so compelling is its authenticity in terms of setting and character. The first part of the story is set against the backdrop of the harrowing 2017 Unite the Right riots in Charlottesville. Ms Jarrell not onl
Sue
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BEAUTIFUL ENDURING LOVE STORY

This absolutely gripping love story that speaks of the current climate in America is amazing. Colin and Josh face new challenges, heartache and danger in this sequel to Love's Magic. This story deals with some real, TRUE to life problems. I want to say that this author has her own style of writing. I personally always feel like I'm right in the book with the characters. Like I could reach out to comfort Josh. Slap Colin in the back of the head, when his Irish is up.
Josh Dale
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start with this review? I guess at the beginning. The book follows on from the first book in the Revolutionary Hearts Series. We meet Colin and Josh at a rather settled time in their relationship and everything seems to be on an even keel.

Then the author suddenly takes us on a gut-wrenching trip of emotions, that will rip your heart out of your chest wring it tight and pull it apart before the author pieces it back together.

We see how both guys and their friends deal with this trouble
Karolina Cebula
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

After a tumultuous struggle with his feelings and with himself, Colin Campbell finally settled down and for months has enjoyed a satisfying, blissful life with Josh. Unfortunately, peace and joy can't last forever, because fate has completely different plans for two lovers. When the Charlottesville authorities agree to the neo-Nazi march, from the very beginning it is known that it will not be a peaceful manifestation, but a real stru
Karen Meeus
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story is set in Charlottesville, and we get a glimpse of what it was like there during the horrible riots in 2017, which I thought was very interesting. For the MC's though, on a more personal level, the trouble really only starts after the riots, when Colin gets hurt in an unrelated shooting.

Sorry to say, but this is where the story started to become too melodramatic for my taste. Unfortunately, once the tone is set, the drama and scenes just keep on coming.

I had a hard time believing in
Allen Clair
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure - I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Picking up where "Love's Magic: Revolutionary Heart - Book One" left off, Josh and Colin have faced Colin resisting the love he felt for Josh, breaking through the walls he built up, chasing Josh down across the country to profess his undying love, and then moving in together. But, if they thought this would be the biggest challenge in their relationship, they were dead wrong.

In "Love's Trials", Josh and Colin are
Jaclyn  Amethyst  Mae
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Brilliant! She has a way of bringing her characters to life
The only thing that I disliked about this compelling read was that I wasn’t going to do it justice in my review.
The book is full of true to life characters. Not only is the narrative SHARP the plot is also spot-on regarding the current social events not to mention the amazing character development. I was hooked from page one.
It was necessary for Colin to get injured in the line of duty to facilitate the plot of the story. The raw emotio
Xanthe
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Writing this review the next day and I'm still recovering! The emotional turmoil that the characters go through, especially in the second half of the book, is just so heartbreaking. You know it's a great book when you're sat reading and shouting at the characters of the book to get their acts together.
Janice has written the two main characters so very well. Colin and Joshua got together in book one of the series are now sharing their lives and living together. Colons job as a campus police offic
Terri
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading the beginning of Josh and Colin's romance in Love's Magic, I was excited to read more about them here. These poor guys went through so much! Colin was basically Mr. Perfect, with his looks, singing talent, athletic prowess, and heroic actions as a police officer. He was wonderful. My favorite character though, had to be Josh. He was quieter and more thoughtful before acting; and he was nothing but supportive to the man he loved. When Colin was injured and his pride was keeping him ...more
Maggie
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ove’s Trials picks up where Love’s Magic ended. Colin Campbell, campus police Sargent, is tasked with heading a risky operation to catch a notorious drug dealer selling drugs to students at the university. David Gardner, beloved professor, is also involved with assisting Colin.

When I read the blurb, I thought the book would be about undercover police work, but the author gave me a bigger surprise, so the book is aptly named.

I’ve never read a romance where the trials of an already established rel
Faye Kennedy
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW 5 PLUS STARS.. This author is brilliant with writing stories that get you loving the characters. The first book of the series is gorgeous and so is this one. Note: you WILL need tissues for this book, I totally needed them. Okay so the start of the book is not an easy read as there's horrible scenes in the story. A protectors group at University goes wrong and people die as supremacists rampage. Colin get hurt and this makes Joshua angry, but Colin is a Cop just doing his job. But that's onl ...more
Becky Baldridge
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
An emotional roller coaster! I'll admit that I went into this second book in the series with some trepidation. I liked Colin and Josh in Love's Magic, but Nate and David had my heart. Thankfully, I did get some time with them in this one, and while they still have me, Colin and Josh have their place in there too. Love's Trials is loaded with angst and turmoil - actually, a bit more than I normally care for. However, here's where this author wins me over - The characters. They're real, like reach ...more
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars

Love's Trials is book 2 in the Revolutionary Heart series and it needs to be read in order. This time around the story focuses mainly on Colin and Joshua, although Nate and David feature prominently in it.

Colin and Joshua's relationship is flourishing, but their love is tested when Colin gets a new case at the campus police where he works.

I still like Joshua more than I like Colin, although I will admit that there were a few times in which I wished I could shake some sense into both of th
Claudia Lezár
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5*
PLEASE READ FIRST MY RATING SYSTEM!!!

To my ratings (thanks to amazon I had to change it again and 'upgrade' it a little bit)

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow- Away-book like 'Liberty' from Seth King,
'Save the kids' series from EM Leya or 'Jesse's Smile' from Angelique Jurd), it's like an A+

4* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Grey books) it's like an A

3,5* - a really good book, which will be rerea
Melanie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-eUZ

From that review: "Love’s Trials (Revolutionary Heart #2) by Janice Jarrell is another one of those stories whose rating I dithered over.  Well written with a compelling story I need to keep asking myself why the disconnect with it?  Because for me there was one.

It wasn't totally with the  location and  storyline.  That "ripped right from the headlines" plot about the "Unite the
Amy Dufera
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! Love's Trials, book two in Janice Jarrell's Revolutionary Heart series is amazing!

Colin and Josh are back, and are dealt some tough obstacles. They have to deal with a dangerous drug case, the Charlottesville Neo Nazi march, and more. The scenes of the Charlottesville rally are as riveting as they are haunting. It was bad enough to see these events on tv, but to read about them from the characters points of view is mind-numbing. It's a tough read, but so worth it.

This story is one
Denise GremoryKohta
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
What a powerful read. Colin and Joshua have such a passionate relationship while dealing with outside volatile forces. The way the author gives us all the emotional turns while these guys deal with issues that are a mirror to real life concerns is truly amazing. As much as I enjoyed Love’s Magic, it was just a hint to the author’s talent. With Love’s Trials Janice Jarrell shows us so much more of what she’s capable of. I was hooked from the beginning. This book shows what I mean when I say
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Shelves: finished-reading
I honestly enjoyed reading this amazing, emotional yet heartwarming MM romance.
It is about: the heartbreaking, anguished filled journey of two men (Colin, an Irish Policeman) & (Joshua, a Psychologist) and the trials & tribulations they go through to find their love & happiness again.
There is: drama, intrigue, twists & turns, law enforcement, drug dealers, cases, reports, informants, investigations, suspects, shootings, injuries, memories, verbal banter, shock, emotional feeling
Elaine Gray
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very emotional and intense book from start to finish. The love that Josh and Colin had throughout the book you can see from every page. Clint and Joshua are great together. I’m glad to see an author that is addressing what is going in our world today, and what’s done with grace and respect for the victims in North Carolina.
We all have a tendency to lash out when we are hurt and I’m glad that they were able to work out their differences. Nate, David, Trent, and are the greatest friends. Both Josh
R
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
I wished I could of loved this book. It has all the elements I like in a book. Well rounded characters, in love with each other, working through issues. I think there was just to much drama with Colin being hurt.

He took his pain, anger and fear out on Joshua. Not seeing how much he hurt him and pushed him away. Shutting out the one person who should of been able to help him.

Joshua tried to rationalize away the pain that Colin caused. Along the way he started giving up on the relationship.

I thi
Dara Nelson
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-blog
This story is an emotional gut punch wrapped in a loving embrace. We start out thinking Josh and Colin are okay, that they’re on the road to figuring things out. But then the journey takes a sharp left turn and you’re hanging on for dear life just hoping you’ll make it to the end in one piece. Thanks to wonderful writing, the author manages to bring you into the station thankfully still in one piece. You’re left with a sense of ‘Whew, I made it’ coupled with ‘wow, what an amazing ride’
Dixiecowgirl
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Complex, passionate, interesting and gritty romantic story. You will feel the emotions between Colin and Josh as they navigate their relationship and life. Their lack of communication and their difficulty with honesty was really frustrating.

This story also dealt with how trauma effects each of us and how it is so important to be willing to change. There is a very nice HEA ending.

I was gifted this book from Gay Book Promotions and i freely give my honest opinion and review.
BookSnuggle
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Love's Trial is book number two in the Revolutionary Heart series by Janice Jarrell. This story is the continuation of Colin and Joshua. David and Nate make appearances in this story too.

Everything seems to be okay from book one Love's Magic for Colin and Joshua but this story revolves around the struggle their relationship goes through. This is an emotional read that incorporates some very difficult topics and how important communication is to any relationship.

FYI, contains mature content. Thi
Sharon Sims
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!!

So happy to see book two. Love
David and Joshua's stories!!
Can't wait for book 3. The love and
Support from the characters is
refreshing!! 💕
Alexis Long *from the heart of a bibliophile lair*
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Amazing book
five stars for sure
couldnt put it down i enjoyed reading this book
Karen Tirado
Monica
Oct 23, 2018
J P METCALF
Feb 12, 2019
My name is Jan Jarrell. I am a retired grandmother who lives in Seattle, WA. I’ve been writing gay romance since I was twelve years old, only back then it wasn’t called ‘gay romance’. In fact, it had no name at all. It was the fifty’s, and it was worth your life to admit to being gay, let alone confess to being a girl who constantly fantasized about relationships between gay men. Hell, I didn’t ev ...more

Revolutionary Heart (2 books)
  • Love's Magic (Revolutionary Heart #1)