Start by marking “Assassin's Revenge (David Slaton #6)” as Want to Read:
Assassin's Revenge (David Slaton #6)

Assassin's Revenge

(David Slaton #6)

USA Today bestselling author Ward Larsen's globe-trotting, hard-hitting assassin, David Slaton, returns for another breathless adventure in Assassin's Revenge.

On a sunny dock in Gibraltar, Slaton returns to the sailboat he shares with his wife and young son to find them missing. The only clue to their whereabouts is a cryptic message: If he wants to see them again, he

Published August 20th 2019 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about Assassin's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assassin's Revenge

Start your review of Assassin's Revenge (David Slaton #6)
Skip
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Easily the weakest book in this six-book series. There are two parallel plots: one involves a group of bad guys putting together a WMD, and the other is David Slaton trying to find out why his wife and son have disappeared. The first story is incredibly dull, while Slaton's story is better, but not very good until the last 50 pages or so. If the ending hadn't been as good as it was, this book would be a one star for me.
Kashif
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Slaton is a must-read assassin in today’s genre of lethal killers. While this is not the first book in the series, Ward Larsen wrote it effectively for a new reader to be able to immerse him/herself into the world of David Slaton without any second thoughts.

David Slaton is an Israeli Assassin, known as Kidon, who has left his life of killing behind and is settling down with his wife and kid, albeit they are keeping themselves in the shadows so as to not invite any visitors from Slaton’s da
Hunter Rawlings
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an EXCELLENT read. Full of action and suspense. I won't give any surprises, but there are some twists and turns worthy of Ludlum or Forsyth.
Steven R. Netter
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a fan of Ward Larsen's books in general and the David Slaton series specifically. So I was thrilled when I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of Assassin's Revenge to check out prior to the release date. After having a chance to read it, I can say this book didn't disappoint and I recommend it to all spy/military thriller fans.

As usual, I will try to avoid spoilers so here's my observations:

1) This book combines bad actors in the usual places like North Korea and ISIS with an unlikely
Stuart Ashenbrenner
This is a great continuation of an already great series!

What a fun and entertaining read! I'm been really enjoying the David Slaton series, and I think this was War Larsen's best novel yet. There is tons of action, an INCREDIBLE twist, and very dynamic and fun characters to follow. I thought this book had everything that usually is involved in a good thriller. I highly recommend picking the book up.

Although read the previous book in the series is not necessary before reading Assassin's Revenge,
Linda
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and this latest addition is one of the best I have read.

David Slaton, the Mossad trained assassin just wants a normal life with his wife and son, even though they stay on the run from his former life. In this episode someone kidnaps his family and getting them back unharmed is his top priority. This sets him on a collision course with a diverse groups of bad guys and one horrible outcome for the US.

Lots of action and edge of your seat thrills plus even a F-18 foray into North
Julie Watson
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was hooked by the end of the first chapter of Assassin's Revenge. Who the hell ever heard of infil from an F-18 mil jet by use of ejector seat at hundreds of knots? This done over North Korea to protagonist and desperate operative David Slaton. out to save his family and the mission. What happens when Seal Team 5 invades North Korea? Why? I read fast but I never finished the last 125 pp so quick in my life! Larsen has written the most exciting "do or die" espionage thriller of the year - sure ...more
James Anderson
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
So. I got this book from the library as part of a Blind Date with a Book program. When I opened it up and saw the fighter jet on the cover I actually laughed out loud because I was sure this wasn’t going to be my kind of book.

I’m happy to say that I wasn’t entirely correct in that assumption. This book was enjoyable and fast paced and had a couple of twists that I wasn’t expecting. I would say, overall, that I enjoyed it.

But I noticed something weird. It took until nearly halfway through the b
Donna Hines
"In the end, he decided his greatest assets remained speed and surprise. Catch them before they organized."
A heart wrenching scenario just played out with David Slaton's wife and child having gone missing and being taken to a foreign land all while he's on the hunt to rescue them but only if he does as told.
He must travel to Vienna and eliminate an obscure scientist working for International Atomic Energy Agency.
Along with this action is a small team of Isis Ops who have targeted North Korea in
Wayne
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 **** for this terrific novel that could actually be 'real' news any day now. This is the 6th Ward Larsen novel featuring ex-Israeli assassin, David Slaton who has left that world (outwardly, at least) to live a peaceful life with his wife and 2 1/2 year old son on a boat they call home. Assassin's Revenge is a methodical, step-by-step telling of a story of intrigue, murder, and international crises involving David, his family, a deputy CIA officer, the North Koreans, and a group of ISIS-li ...more
David Hogan
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not so much

I was really disappointed with this read, loved the previous books but this one not so much. I don't know if the author was trying to hard to humiliate the character but it did not work for me. This is supposed to be the top guy and he did nothing but make mistakes easy mistakes, I get the whole on a boat thing and lost a step but this was falling off a cliff. Characters like this I want super human I want unbelievable not confused and mistake ridden. Someone at this level should I wi
Joel
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another well done effort in this series by Ward Larsen. There's a lot I like about this series and the David Slaton character. However, the basic dynamics of him being supposedly a dead, former Israeli assassin with a wife and daughter who is always at the risk of being forced back into the game due to a threat to his family has a limit. It would be refreshing for him Larsen not to have to lean so heavily on that plot driver.

In this story, they are kidnapped and Slaton finds himself involved in
ReneE
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It really pains me to give a low rating to a David Slaton book, but I was very disappointed in this latest entry in what had been for me, up to this point, a 5-star series. I almost wish I could get my money back for this one. Much too much mind-numbing incredibly long descriptive passages that obviously showed all the research that went into this book, but for me just mostly boring. I scanned through pages and pages of it. The action, what there was of it in between the descriptive pages, was w ...more
Janet
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first David Slaton book, and it was an entertaining if complicated read. Ward Larsen weaves a good story. I think I was a little lost at first because I had no backstory on the character, but once I settled in, I realized that his layered character profile is important to interpreting his actions and reactions. The story itself moves quickly, both in location and action. There's a lot to unravel about the secondary characters as well. If you like complexity of characters and story, ca ...more
Sam
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ward Larsen has done it again! Assassin’s Revenge is a GREAT NOVEL! The lead character, David Slaton, continues to provide a very realistic story line that is believable and fast pace. I highly recommend the David Slaton series and believe that most people would find these novels very interesting. This is a must read series. Look forward to the next David Slaton novel.
Linda
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good story

Lots of action and fast paced. After his wife and son suddenly go missing, David receives a text sending him to assassinate someone. He turns the tables, saving his intended target and discovering a conspiracy involving a nuclear bomb. Another great read by Ward Larsen.
Stanley Hanna
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Bullseye

Excellent character build and development. I like the character arcs. I also appreciate the little reveals that keep the reader guessing and reading.slaton is a great character and his evolution over the timeline of the series is masterful. I look forward to the next in the series when it is released.
R Ricalde
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another great read on the ongoing saga of David Slaton. Terrific from start to finish with lots of twists and turns. Seat of our pants action with Slaton in the middle of everything. One of those books you don't want to see end because your enjoying it so much.
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading Wade Larsons David Slaton series, and boy was it good! What happens when a former Mossad Operative family is kidnapped? David Slaton is what happens! I really enjoyed the action sequence, and I loved intrigue that was weaves throughout! This has left me wanting more!
Daniel
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
David Slaton - great character - always in control of the situation even when the situation is out of control. Have loved this entire series. Sometimes a bit over the top - as if written for the big screen, but otherwise totally believable action and great characters.
Ryan Hillis
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great thriller about North Korea and ISIS.
Angela Ryan
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the David Slaton character. Larsen is a great writer. He leaves you wanting to read the next one...Now!
Dede Murphy
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super exciting. I could not put this down.
Round Mountain Public Library
This fast paced book is the next in the David Slaton series. If you are looking for a good spy thriller, this series is a good choice.
Chuck
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Larsen thriller but slightly less engrossing than previous David Slaton adventures
Roger Putnocky
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Strong characters, great tech, relentless action.
Robert Shavelson
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Silva- like

I believe that says it all. The headline refers to Daniel Silva. Details, writing, and similar crafting. It all goes back
Sharon A Thomas
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Lacking action

Not as good as previous books. Lots of descriptive prose very little action. Quite boring at times. I expected more from this author.
Jack Mulcahy
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeps getting better.
C Korker Vrooman
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun read. Just when I think I know what is going to happen next something else get's changed. Like they way the story ties up at the end. Note to author: Write faster. thanks for the story.

• All Out War (Eric Steele #2)
  • Active Measures
  • Rules of War (Logan West #4)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma, #1)
  • Total Power (A Mitch Rapp Novel Book 17)
  • Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • Near Dark (Scot Harvath #19)
  • Exit Fee (Pike Logan #13.5)
  • Hellfire (Jonathan Grave #12)
  • Dragonfire (Alexander Hawke #11)
  • Savage Son (Terminal List #3)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Total Mayhem (Jonathan Grave #11)
  • Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5)
  • The List (Orphan X, #5.5)
  • Black Flag (Jake Keller #3)
  • True Believer (Terminal List, #2)
Ward Larsen is the USA Today bestselling author of espionage thrillers. A six-time winner of the Florida Book Award, his first novel, The Perfect Assassin, is in pre-production as a motion picture with Amber Entertainment.
A former Air Force fighter pilot, he has also served as an airline captain, and is a trained aircraft accident investigator.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the G

David Slaton (7 books)
  • The Perfect Assassin
  • Assassin's Game: A David Slaton Novel
  • Assassin's Silence: A David Slaton Novel
  • Assassin's Code
  • Assassin's Run (David Slaton, #5)
  • Assassin's Strike (David Slaton #7)