Start by marking “Malibu Bluff (Seasonaires, #2)” as Want to Read:
Malibu Bluff (Seasonaires, #2)

Malibu Bluff

(Seasonaires #2)

Every summer is designed as a dream for six twenty-something seasonaires chosen by Lyndon Wyld, the founder of her namesake clothing line. This year takes the new brand ambassadors to the West Coast, led by last season's Mia, who has been roped back in after her mother’s death by a sweeter deal and the hope to leave her grief behind for the California sun.

Mia is thankful t
Published May 7th 2019 by Pegasus Books

To ask other readers questions about Malibu Bluff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malibu Bluff

Larry H
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I've always been partial to soap operas and melodrama. Growing up, I used to watch General Hospital after school (in the heyday of Luke and Laura—the first time around) and then moved on to more daytime and nighttime soap operas, like Dynasty, Dallas, Falcon Crest , and Knots Landing . When the era of big hair and shoulder pads passed, I was able to replace those programs with 90210, Melrose Place , and, I'll admit, even a little of The O.C. .

This is one of the reasons I've enjoyed Janna K
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 dramatic stars for the sheer entertainment of it all! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

When I received this book for review, I did a quick read of The Seasonaires, which was released last year. I had read Malibu Bluff is a standalone, but reading The Seasonaires really set the stage for Malibu Bluff because I knew some of the characters and backstory, and truthfully, these stories are such guilty pleasures, I gobbled up every bit.

Disclaimer: I’m a recovering reality TV addict. It was bad, y’all. I’m from the reality T
Mandy White
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Malibu Bluff is certainly a summer read. It is also the second book in the seasonairies series and you really do need to read the first book before this one - something that I had not done. I did feel very lost in the story, a lot of the book references events last summer in the previous book. I think the affected my enjoyment of this one as I was always trying to work out what was happening. Add to that the lack of likeable characters and this was just a 3 star read for me.

The main character Mi
Jypsy
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Malibu Bluff is true to its name as a beach read. It's a sequel, and I recommend reading the first book. I didn't and was confused a bit here and there. The story is great romcom chick lit. Fans of the genre will enjoy this book. It's entertaining and a fast read. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Christina (Bookwormmommyof3)
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well executed sequel to one of my favorite books of 2018. Beyond grateful to have been able to read an advance copy of this book thanks to Kathleen Carter Communications.

I appreciated how the book intertwined with the first book, The Seasonaires . It packed a punch with well-written characters that you can either love or hate, the overall vibes of the book were vivid, dark and utterly addicting.

If you loved The O.C, Son’s of Anarchy or anything on reality tv & California related, I believe
Meghan
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher, for this free review copy.

Malibu Bluff is the second book in a seasonaires series. I do think that the first book should be read, so that you can get some background on a few of the characters.

Mia once again, has been chosen, and this time she is headed to the West Coast. After her mother has passed, she decides she needs the money, and has a promise of her own clothing line. Lyndon Wyld is the founder of that clothing line. After a few things that happ
wellreadtraveler
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re anything like me you watch way too much reality TV. It becomes so addictive watching these people’s lives play out right before our eyes. I think we thrive on the drama, looking inside their mansion homes with perfect furnishings, the perfect children, the most adorable pets. It really is mindless TV. When I read The Seasonaires , Janna’s first book, I felt like I was watching an episode of the Real World on MTV, or women competing for a spot to be a brand ambassador for the famous Dia ...more
Stella
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Last year, after finishing The Seasonaires, I was somewhat disappointed in how it ended - because I wanted more for Mia.

And lookie what I have here - the 2nd in the series! Mia returns in Malibu Bluff, A new Seasonaires book. London Wyld moves her influencers to sunny Malibu and she wants Mia to return. Mia - desperate for money and for redemption for the previous summer - returns to be the 'lead' seasonaire.

There's less hashtag and viewers talk in this book and more confusing plot lines. There
Katie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bring on summer! Last summer the first book in this series, The Seasonaires was my favorite read. I was lucky to get an ARC through netgalley of Malibu Summer and couldn’t wait to get started. Mia is back for another summer as a seasonaire this time on the shores of Malibu. Dealing with the death of her mom and the reminder of what happened the previous summer Mia is wary but soon hits it off with her housemates. Not only do the seasonaires need to promote their brand via social media but now ad ...more
Roz Weisberg
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This breezy sequel captures young millennials from all walks of life living the dream out in Malibu. Locations are a road map through Malibu, gay pride, and every place in between through the eyes of Mia, an outsider looking to escape with her band of seasonaires capturing the spirit of LA with a mystery at the center.
DJ
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s never been a better time for a beachy escapist novel. Taking off from The Seasonaires, Malibu Bluff continues the frothy drama in another gorgeous locale with some new brand ambassadors and a few returning characters. Another fun, easy read.
Izzy
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I want to read when I’m sitting in the sun in Santa Monica. It’s perfect for sheer entertainment and fun.
Tara
Feb 06, 2019
Amanda Miller
May 15, 2019
Julie
rated it did not like it
May 24, 2019
Feb 25, 2019
Sya
added it
Mar 02, 2019
Janna King is an author, screenwriter, playwright, and director. Her debut novel, THE SEASONAIRES (Pegasus Books) was released in May 2018. The sequel, MALIBU BLUFF, will be out Summer 2019.

She is mom to two great kids - a son who is a sophomore in college and a daughter who is a recent grad. She lives in Los Angeles, where she was born and raised.

Seasonaires (2 books)
  • The Seasonaires (Seasonaires, #1)