Start by marking “One Way Ticket to Paris” as Want to Read:
One Way Ticket to Paris

One Way Ticket to Paris

When I was a kid and I’d lost something, my dad always said ‘Go back to the place you last had it’. The problem is that what I’ve lost is… me.

Kate loves her family more than anything, but recently she has started to feel invisible. Lying awake at three a.m. as her husband snores, panicking about shopping lists, birthday parties, and the school bake sale…

She finds herself
Published October 31st 2018 by Bookouture

Start your review of One Way Ticket to Paris
Berit☀️✨
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun heartwarming story, set against the backdrop of a beautiful Paris!...

This is Emma Robinsons third book and I have had the pleasure of reading them all... what I love about her books is they are so relatable, books about real people with real lives and real problems.... she tells you like it is in an engaging and humorous way.... The good... the bad... and the ugly... of being a mother, of being a wife, of being a woman... her books reaffirm the fact that you are having normal feelings
Claire Robinson
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Didn't love this or hate it. The author has a great writing style especially with the delivery of the little nuggets of important information being dropped at pertinent points, which to be honest is what in the main kept me reading the book, but I loved the fact I felt like I was actually in Paris with the characters with the vivid descriptions of the locale involved.

The characters were however where I struggled. Because for three women all over the age of thirty, none of them behaved that way a
Shelleen Toland
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
She finds herself in the kitchen, gulping water, staring at a postcard of the Eiffel Tower from Shannon, her best friend.
Paris, with its red wi
Eva
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m sure many of us are familiar with sleepless nights, when the brain just won’t shut down long enough for you to relax, when you maybe start to feel a little punchy and even the most stupid idea suddenly seems like the best one ever.

It is during such a sleepless night that Kate realises she’s lost her way. Married to Luke and a stay-at-home mum to two children, she seems to have forgotten who she truly is. Her dad always told her that when you lost something, you needed to go back to the place
MoMo
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. It tells the tale of three women. I found this book to be fantastically funny and  heart-breakingly sad at times. I would highly recommend this as a true feel-good rom-com.

Kate, happily married with two lovely children but she has lost herself. Her life is full of running after her husband and children which leaves no time for herself.

Shannon, happily single and childless whilst having a fling with her boss who is looking to make their relationship more permanent a
Els
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book the author takes us on a trip to Paris, the city of love. We meet Kate, Laura and Shannon. They have one thing in common : what to do about the future?

Is it so bad to want to plan in advance? Is it so bad to want some time for yourself? Is it so bad to take a bit of time you spend to love life and spend it with the love of your life?

Big questions answers have to be found for. Will all three women find what they need in order to be happy and fulfilled?

One by one secrets are being rev
Kathy K.
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Any book with the word Paris in the title and I am there. Follows three women who met up in Paris due to a variety of circumstances. Each chapter is told from the POV of one of the women. Lots of changes take place in the women's lives and all have their HEA.
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

Have you ever felt lost? Not lost because you ended up taking the wrong turning on your way back from a day out shopping, but lost because you can't help feeling as though part of you is missing? A sense of loss like no other - the undervalued, monotonous loss whilst enduring every day life of sewing up your husbands boxers because his purse strings are tighter than the waistband, or the endless meals you need to cook f
Nicki
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely read about three women, Kate, Shannon and Laura, all finding themselves lost in their lives, but for different reasons.

Kate who feels lost in her life at being a stay at home Mum. Shannon, Kate’s friend, is an American living and working in Paris with secrets she hasn’t shared with her gorgeous French boyfriend, who also happens to be her boss. Laura a sales woman who wants more from her long term boyfriend and hopes the work related weekend in Paris will give her time to make
Donna Hines
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
What's lost is forever lost or is it?
Kate feels lost, torn from her family, and sees an opportunity to travel to Paris with her bestie Shannon.
After all the postcard did ask, When are you coming?
This is a feel good story about losing yourself in the hustle yet finding your answers when you least expect them.
The interaction between characters was especially poignant as each brings so much excitement and intrigue.
Shannon, Laura, Kate - each with there own individual circumstances about growing the
Kelly
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wheelathon-2018
This book is like unwrapping an eagerly awaited gift! I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. This is not a wispy chick lit tale but a story with layers and depth to be immersed in - a bit like cuddling up under a huge duvet - in fact that’s where I recommend reading it, from start to finish in one delicious sitting.

Kate, Shannon and Laura are all in Paris, all for different reasons and all leading different life’s. The thing they have in common is that changes are afoot for all of them.
Gaele
Kate has ‘everything’ and yet still feels as if she’s failing. A loving husband (if a bit clueless) two kids, the ability to be a stay-at-home Mum and lists of things to accomplish scattered everywhere. And yet, the requests for ‘one more’ thing keep coming. Still dealing with the unexpected death of her father, and feeling as if everyone is watching and judging her mothering and coping abilities, she is on the edge and only needs to find one thing to make everything fall into place. Herself. Bo ...more
Helen
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Going to another country on a whim –without booking a return ticket –was the kind of thing the old Kate would have done. The single Kate. The reckless Kate. The fun Kate. The new Kate didn’t do things like that. The mother Kate. The sensible Kate. The bloody boring Kate.”

What a great read, I really enjoyed the escape to Paris! This is the story of three women and how their lives all converge with each other for a few days in Paris; and through supporting each other, they set themselves on a new
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2018
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Bookouture for my copy of this book via Netgalley and for letting me take part in this tour. I have read two of Emma's books before and I really enjoy her style.

This book follows 3 women. Each chapter is told from a different POV. If you have read my reviews before you will kno
Amrita
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Overwhelmed by the responsibilities of being the perfect mom, wife, and daughter, Kate's lost sight of the girl she used to be. The arrival of an ex-boyfriend in town doesn't make matters easier. So one morning, she drops her children off at school and buys a one-way trip to Paris to meet her best friend, Shannon, and reclaim memories of her lost freedom.

Shannon's always been a free spirit, never tied down to one man, one company or even one country for too long a time. So when Robert wants her
Sally Coles
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kate is feeling very down, she had recently lost her father and feels that she is just an extension of her husband and kids... what happened to her own identity....... so she heads off to Paris where she meets up with Shannon and Laura. Shannon has her own secrets and not all is at it seems in her life and Laura has a commitment phobe boyfriend. Can the three of them put the world to rights and sort out their problems in a few days in Paris!

A lovely book... who hasn't wanted to take off like tha
Jo Shaw
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a charming read! The story follows the lives of three women, Kate, Shannon and Laura, as their lives intersect during a weekend in Paris. They all have connections either through work, friendship or a chance meeting, and they all have parallels from their earlier lives as teenagers. Each chapter follows each of the three women. In spite of the dramas, and upsets, it is such a feel good story, with each of the women completely relatable. I would absolutely recommend this, I found it so hard ...more
Monica Mac
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The blurb makes it sound like this is a book about Kate and her feelings of dissatisfaction with her life, but it is a book about Kate, Shannon and Laura - all of whom have lives that are going in unexpected directions.

These three women are connected to each other in a variety of ways, and the men in their lives find out new things about them which changes things for everyone.

This was a sweet story which I really enjoyed. Most women would really be able to relate to these ladies, and women who
Dawn Mottlow
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! One Way Ticket to Paris is about 3 women in all different stages of their personal life. Kate is married with 2 kids and runs away to Paris to be with her friend and find herself. Shannon is Kate’s friend who is single but in a relationship and Laura has been in a long term relationship with a commitment phobic boyfriend. The story takes place in Paris and each chapter is devoted to one of these three women. It is so much fun and I think that everyone can relate to ...more
Emma L
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I simply adored this book, the first few pages of the book you get a glimpse into Kate's life at home with her family, little boy trying to do a big boy wee making a mess, daughter sleeping in their bed like a starfish and husband asking for help to locate his keys. THIS. IS. MY. LIFE!

The author has very cleverly captured each character emotions in where they are in life and I totally related to this, I too am Kate and I am too Shannon who has let friendships slide however like really good frie
Carol Perreault
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fromnetgalley
Entertaining
Julie Morris
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read anything previously by this author so I am coming to her writing fresh and, having read this book I am wondering why I haven’t discovered her before.

This story is really fresh and enticing from first page to last as we follow the lives of three women dealing with personal crises, as they all come together in Paris. Kate is a mum-of-two wondering where she lost herself along the way and how to find herself again. Laura is sick of waiting for her life to move on with boyfriend, Jame
Alicia Prevost
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was...extremely predictable. I knew almost right away how it as going to end. Which is pretty typical in the genre but this one felt a little too predictable for me. Like I knew exactly how the book would read before I even started reading it.

It also felt rather...repetitive. We were reminded over and over again what the problems were, they just went over and over and over them in their minds and stressing to each other and...I just wanted to scream at all of them to shut up and get th
Sharon
The story of three women who are all in Paris for different reasons.  Kate loves her husband and 2 children more than anything, but she’s starting to feel the pressure of being a wife and mother.  One night she books herself onto the Eurostar to Paris, leaving the next morning and without telling anyone heads off to visit her best friend Shannon who is currently also in Paris.  Single, Shannon is having a ‘fling’ with her boss, but when it all starts to get serious Shannon isn’t sure if this is ...more
Ellie at BookBucket
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The main characters are three very relatable women: Laura is in a long term relationship that seems to be going nowhere and in a job which doesn't fulfil her; perfectionist Kate's roles as wife and mother have overwhelmed her, causing her to lose all sense of self-identity; and Shannon is a strong career woman in an unpredictable relationship who finds herself pregnant. I was cheering on these three women, desperately wanting them to make the choices I wanted for them.

I really liked the writing
Libby
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A page turning story of three women meeting in Paris, all with big life changing decisions to make about their relationships with husbands and boyfriends. Emma Robinson is a lovely warm writer who creates really relatable situations. She gives the point of view of each woman in turn and shows us their dilemmas and the friendships between them. Kate and Shannon are friends from way back, Shannon and Laura are work colleagues, and Kate and Laura are meeting for the first time. Their problems are c ...more
MetLineReader
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018
A warm tale of three women who are all feeling a little lost for different reasons. Kate, the downtrodden mum; Shannon who is in a relationship with her boss but is running away from something and Laura with a noncommittal long term boyfriend.

At times it felt a little silly and each of the women were rather self-absorbed and not really dealing with their issues - but at others it was lovely to see the impact of friendships and being courageous!

I enjoy this author’s writing and look forward to re
Siobhan
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was Emma’s best book so far. I loved the relationships between Shannon, Kate, and Laura and how they’re complex but still seem so easy. The love elements to me took a backseat to how these three women supported each other, and built each other up, and offered a new perspective on their individual situations. It made it easy to root for all three of them, although I knew there was a bad twist coming and it was painful when it happened.

Also, I want to be a stay-at-home mum who can put away Ch
Miriam
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reena Althaf
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
"It was more than a little careless to be forty-one, married with kids and a mortgage, and realise you'd lost yourself again."

This book touched home. As a stay-at-home mom, I felt all the feelings that Kate felt. I guess most of us have felt the need to find ourselves at some point of time in our life. Most of us have been tempted to just leave everything behind and move on.

The one way ticket to Paris is about 3 ladies who are lost and find themselves in the midst of loyal friends and true love.

• What Happens in France
  • The Paris Secret
  • The Grace Kelly Dress
  • The Day She Came Back
  • Wham! George & Me
  • First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone #0.5)
Librarian's note: There is more than one author with this name in the Goodreads database.

Emma Robinson thinks of herself as one of the ‘Bridget Jones generation’ – who are now grown up and having children – and writes novels for women who feel the same.

She also has a blog, Motherhood for Slackers, which takes a humorous look at parenthood, and includes poems such as ‘Dear Teacher’ about her son st

News & Interviews