Start by marking “One Way Ticket to Paris” as Want to Read:
One Way Ticket to Paris

One Way Ticket to Paris

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
When I was a kid and I’d lost something, my dad always said ‘Go back to the place you last had it’. The problem is that what I’ve lost is… me.

Kate loves her family more than anything, but recently she has started to feel invisible. Lying awake at three a.m. as her husband snores, panicking about shopping lists, birthday parties, and the school bake sale…

She finds herself
Published October 31st 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about One Way Ticket to Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Way Ticket to Paris

Berit☀️✨
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun heartwarming story, set against the backdrop of a beautiful Paris!...

This is Emma Robinsons third book and I have had the pleasure of reading them all... what I love about her books is they are so relatable, books about real people with real lives and real problems.... she tells you like it is in an engaging and humorous way.... The good... the bad... and the ugly... of being a mother, of being a wife, of being a woman... her books reaffirm the fact that you are having normal feelings
Claire Robinson
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Didn't love this or hate it. The author has a great writing style especially with the delivery of the little nuggets of important information being dropped at pertinent points, which to be honest is what in the main kept me reading the book, but I loved the fact I felt like I was actually in Paris with the characters with the vivid descriptions of the locale involved.

The characters were however where I struggled. Because for three women all over the age of thirty, none of them behaved that way a
Shelleen Toland
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
She finds herself in the kitchen, gulping water, staring at a postcard of the Eiffel Tower from Shannon, her best friend.
Paris, with its red wi
Eva
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m sure many of us are familiar with sleepless nights, when the brain just won’t shut down long enough for you to relax, when you maybe start to feel a little punchy and even the most stupid idea suddenly seems like the best one ever.

It is during such a sleepless night that Kate realises she’s lost her way. Married to Luke and a stay-at-home mum to two children, she seems to have forgotten who she truly is. Her dad always told her that when you lost something, you needed to go back to the place
Maureen Moyes
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. It tells the tale of three women. I found this book to be fantastically funny and  heart-breakingly sad at times. I would highly recommend this as a true feel-good rom-com.

Kate, happily married with two lovely children but she has lost herself. Her life is full of running after her husband and children which leaves no time for herself.

Shannon, happily single and childless whilst having a fling with her boss who is looking to make their relationship more permanent a
Els
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book the author takes us on a trip to Paris, the city of love. We meet Kate, Laura and Shannon. They have one thing in common : what to do about the future?

Is it so bad to want to plan in advance? Is it so bad to want some time for yourself? Is it so bad to take a bit of time you spend to love life and spend it with the love of your life?

Big questions answers have to be found for. Will all three women find what they need in order to be happy and fulfilled?

One by one secrets are being rev
Kathy Kugelman
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Any book with the word Paris in the title and I am there. Follows three women who met up in Paris due to a variety of circumstances. Each chapter is told from the POV of one of the women. Lots of changes take place in the women's lives and all have their HEA.
Donna Hines
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
What's lost is forever lost or is it?
Kate feels lost, torn from her family, and sees an opportunity to travel to Paris with her bestie Shannon.
After all the postcard did ask, When are you coming?
This is a feel good story about losing yourself in the hustle yet finding your answers when you least expect them.
The interaction between characters was especially poignant as each brings so much excitement and intrigue.
Shannon, Laura, Kate - each with there own individual circumstances about growing the
Nicki
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely read about three women, Kate, Shannon and Laura, all finding themselves lost in their lives, but for different reasons.

Kate who feels lost in her life at being a stay at home Mum. Shannon, Kate’s friend, is an American living and working in Paris with secrets she hasn’t shared with her gorgeous French boyfriend, who also happens to be her boss. Laura a sales woman who wants more from her long term boyfriend and hopes the work related weekend in Paris will give her time to make
Gaele
Kate has ‘everything’ and yet still feels as if she’s failing. A loving husband (if a bit clueless) two kids, the ability to be a stay-at-home Mum and lists of things to accomplish scattered everywhere. And yet, the requests for ‘one more’ thing keep coming. Still dealing with the unexpected death of her father, and feeling as if everyone is watching and judging her mothering and coping abilities, she is on the edge and only needs to find one thing to make everything fall into place. Herself. Bo ...more
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Bookouture for my copy of this book via Netgalley and for letting me take part in this tour. I have read two of Emma's books before and I really enjoy her style.

This book follows 3 women. Each chapter is told from a different POV. If you have read my reviews before you will kno
Jo Shaw
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a charming read! The story follows the lives of three women, Kate, Shannon and Laura, as their lives intersect during a weekend in Paris. They all have connections either through work, friendship or a chance meeting, and they all have parallels from their earlier lives as teenagers. Each chapter follows each of the three women. In spite of the dramas, and upsets, it is such a feel good story, with each of the women completely relatable. I would absolutely recommend this, I found it so hard ...more
Dawn Mottlow
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! One Way Ticket to Paris is about 3 women in all different stages of their personal life. Kate is married with 2 kids and runs away to Paris to be with her friend and find herself. Shannon is Kate’s friend who is single but in a relationship and Laura has been in a long term relationship with a commitment phobic boyfriend. The story takes place in Paris and each chapter is devoted to one of these three women. It is so much fun and I think that everyone can relate to ...more
Emma L
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I simply adored this book, the first few pages of the book you get a glimpse into Kate's life at home with her family, little boy trying to do a big boy wee making a mess, daughter sleeping in their bed like a starfish and husband asking for help to locate his keys. THIS. IS. MY. LIFE!

The author has very cleverly captured each character emotions in where they are in life and I totally related to this, I too am Kate and I am too Shannon who has let friendships slide however like really good frie
Carol Perreault
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fromnetgalley
Entertaining
Julie Morris
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read anything previously by this author so I am coming to her writing fresh and, having read this book I am wondering why I haven’t discovered her before.

This story is really fresh and enticing from first page to last as we follow the lives of three women dealing with personal crises, as they all come together in Paris. Kate is a mum-of-two wondering where she lost herself along the way and how to find herself again. Laura is sick of waiting for her life to move on with boyfriend, Jame
Sharon
The story of three women who are all in Paris for different reasons.  Kate loves her husband and 2 children more than anything, but she’s starting to feel the pressure of being a wife and mother.  One night she books herself onto the Eurostar to Paris, leaving the next morning and without telling anyone heads off to visit her best friend Shannon who is currently also in Paris.  Single, Shannon is having a ‘fling’ with her boss, but when it all starts to get serious Shannon isn’t sure if this is ...more
Libby
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A page turning story of three women meeting in Paris, all with big life changing decisions to make about their relationships with husbands and boyfriends. Emma Robinson is a lovely warm writer who creates really relatable situations. She gives the point of view of each woman in turn and shows us their dilemmas and the friendships between them. Kate and Shannon are friends from way back, Shannon and Laura are work colleagues, and Kate and Laura are meeting for the first time. Their problems are c ...more
MetLineReader
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
A warm tale of three women who are all feeling a little lost for different reasons. Kate, the downtrodden mum; Shannon who is in a relationship with her boss but is running away from something and Laura with a noncommittal long term boyfriend.

At times it felt a little silly and each of the women were rather self-absorbed and not really dealing with their issues - but at others it was lovely to see the impact of friendships and being courageous!

I enjoy this author’s writing and look forward to re
Monica Mac
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The blurb makes it sound like this is a book about Kate and her feelings of dissatisfaction with her life, but it is a book about Kate, Shannon and Laura - all of whom have lives that are going in unexpected directions.

These three women are connected to each other in a variety of ways, and the men in their lives find out new things about them which changes things for everyone.

This was a sweet story which I really enjoyed. Most women would really be able to relate to these ladies, and women who
Ellen
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story of Kate, a mom of two who decides to leave her husband and 2 kids to go to Paris for a break. Kate feels lost, after the death of her father and the pressures of young children and the other “perfect” moms. Her friend Shannon is in Paris, facing her own relationship issues. Kate meets Laura on the train to Paris, confiding that she is wondering if she will ever get married and have kids. The three stories are entertaining, and the backdrop of Paris is a bonus.
Kathleen Gray
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kate, Laura, and Shannon are all at different stage in their romantic lives but have so much in common. Kate and Shannon are old friends; Kate flees home to visit Shannon in Paris and along the way meets Laura. These three learn a lot about themselves and each other during a delightful weekend. This is good old fashioned chick lit. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. A fun read.
Marie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed Emma Robinson's first two books, and this one was even better.
It's witty, funny at times, but with an extra depth.
A lovely read if you're looking for a book to read under the duvet while the rain is beating down your window.
Jenn
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sandy Barker
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this slice of life dramedy - lots of intelligent humour as it explores some commonly felt, but often unvoiced thoughts and feelings about relationships and family. The author evokes Paris beautifully, but without being too heavy-handed. I'm looking forward to reading more from her.
Anne M
Dawn Lake
Nov 07, 2018
Susan Stephens
Nov 09, 2018
Librarian's note: There is more than one author with this name in the Goodreads database.

Emma Robinson thinks of herself as one of the ‘Bridget Jones generation’ – who are now grown up and having children – and writes novels for women who feel the same.

She also has a blog, Motherhood for Slackers, which takes a humorous look at parenthood, and includes poems such as ‘Dear Teacher’ about her son st