Start by marking “Let Your Hair Down (Almost Royal #3)” as Want to Read:
Let Your Hair Down (Almost Royal #3)

Let Your Hair Down

(Almost Royal #3)

THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME

Ruby Keller is going rogue, or at least that’s the hashtag she’s using to document her vacation: #RubyGoesRogue. Illness kept her confined to her bedroom for much of her childhood, and as a result, she’s always played it safe, hiding behind her laptop and overanalyzing every decision. When a friend’s wedding takes her to London, she decides to pu
Published August 27th 2019 by NYLA

To ask other readers questions about Let Your Hair Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Your Hair Down

Start your review of Let Your Hair Down (Almost Royal #3)
DJ Sakata
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I think you look like a woman who waited around for her letter from Hogwarts once upon a time, but I would hate to make a snap judgment.

Ruby was a gem in every sense of the word.

I’ve learned is that life can be short and fragile, and when you find something great, you should grab ahold of it, even if it’s not what you were expecting. And I definitely wasn’t expecting you, but here we are.

She was stabbing at her salad like it had personally offended her. Her expression betrayed no
Claire Robinson
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Ready to have an adventure..?" Stars!

I am assuming that Let Your Hair Down is the final book in the Almost Royal series with Ruby being the last of the three women who rolled up at Rosemont Castle in the first book, finally getting her HEA. And it takes a trip to the UK to do it!

"I’m ready to have an adventure of a lifetime, all by myself, no laptop to hide behind…"

Being the geek and organiser of the group, and leading a sheltered childhood due to long term illness Ruby’s is the person we h
Ann Lorz
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I have been totally loving this series by Rachel Lacey. The characters are all lovable and the main story is a little different. It's what brought them all to where they are and it works.

Up this time we have Ruby's story. Of all the girls she's the quietest. She'd rather play games (get your mind out of the gutter its video games, not sex games) than be out in the world. She a list maker so she's tops on my list. A
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE AUTHOR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

So far, I've enjoyed my time with each one of these heroines, and Ruby's story was no exception! The story was well written, engaging, and entertaining, however, I did have some issues with it as well.

I loved Ruby! I'd always connected with her the most in the
Natasha εïз
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rachel-lacey
What a sweet story! I really enjoyed learning more about Ruby and meeting Flynn! I found the way that Ruby and Flynn met was fun and how their story unfolded was a great! I enjoyed the story and being updated with what was happening with Elle and Megan was a great bonus! It was a great way to end a wonderful series!
Mona
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. Ms. Lacey has done it again.
A little sad. It just grabs at your heart. Neither Ruby nor Flynn live close to each other. There in London for a wedding. Fate has him coming I her rescue in the rose garden. Ruby is off on an adventure but soon is experiencing London with Flynn. One she won’t forget anytime soon.
The worst part is that Flynn is leaving for a long time so this short few days is all they will have.

It’s heartbreaking when they say goodbye..
Buy the book and see wha
Heather andrews
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Flynn doesn't like to be too far from his lady, "...to carry her into the bedroom. “I would rather sleep with you.” Flynn enjoys a good conversation with a cat every once in awhile, “you guys take good care of her, don’t you?” He drank it down without pausing for breath. The cat never took its eyes off him. “Meow.” I liked this book, I loved Flynn.
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suffering an immunodeficiency disease throughout her childhood, Ruby’s parents rarely let her out of the house. Her room was her “prison”. As an adult, Ruby yearned to experience more in her life. So she decides to embark on a solo adventure, not planned and without a spreadsheet, after Elle and Theo’s wedding in London. But life never goes as planned. During the wedding, Ruby meets Flynn while hiding in a rose bush. Conversation flows and she’s truly intrigued by Flynn. When he offers to show h ...more
Angela Reed
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let Your Hair Down by Rachel Lacey is a phenomenal story. Rachel Lacey has written a sweet, heartwarming, magical romance novel. The characters are amazing. The plot is one that is relatable and realistic. I instantly fell in love with everything about Let Your Hair Down. Let me just say Rachel Lacey saved the best for last. Ruby's story was heartswooning, heartwarming and magical.

In Let Your Hair Down we get Ruby Keller's story. Ruby is definitely a modern day Rapunzel. Sheltered in her childho
Pam
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Ruby & Flynn’s story. Ruby has been kept isolated due to an illness affecting her immune system. She still has to be careful about her health but has learned her limits. She’s finally gaining some freedom & has scheduled a vacation on her own to push her from her comfort zone. At Elle & Thea’s wedding, she meetsFlynn & they are instantly attracted to each other. Flynn helps her stretch her wings before he has to return to work.

Flynn is in his own type of containment. He is working for
Jenn Cunha
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Received an ARC for an honest review.

A perfect end to the Rosemont stories. Ruby has always been predictable, loving lists and organization after a childhood illness. Trying something different, she decides to spend some time in Europe without a plan, just going with the flow. The flow starts out pretty well when she meets the handsome Flynn at Elle's wedding. He takes her on the most perfect day in London (as a big fan of London myself, I was totally jealous) and then they separate. But we all
Amanda Bordner
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruby and Flynn's story truly was a breath of fresh air in Let Your Hair Down by Rachel Lacey!

We'd gotten a glimpse of Ruby before in the previous Almost Royal books, and I was always so intrigued by her! I love how she loves lists. She grew up extremely sheltered, and as a result, she thrives on planning ahead. When she goes to her best friend's wedding she extends the second half of her trip there and leaves her lists and laptops at home. When she gets stuck, literally, Flynn comes to her rescu
Caro
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute story.

This time we have Ruby and Flynn, they meet at Elle’s wedding and hit it off immediately. So when Ruby tell him of her travel plans, his offer to show her London doesn’t look out of place.

Anyway, I liked Ruby and her free spirit in this one, she had such a crappy time growing up, I really wanted her to let loose and just go for it, girl. I liked that she still maintained a positive outlook of life, so much so that it influenced Flynn and his life decision.

Flynn was good too
Claire Scott
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been looking forward to reading Ruby’s story and Ms Lacey didn’t disappoint! Carrying on the themes of princess movies...this is a take on Rupunzel, where our heroine, who has been locked inside due to an immune deficiency when she was younger, decides to escape her ‘tower’ and see the world. Whilst escaping the unwanted attention of a man...she is rescued by the dashing Flynn and they hit it off. What follows is a moving and funny story of two people who weren’t expecting each other, and h ...more
Abby
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
This is the third book in the series, so I was excited to get back to NC and the Rosemont Castle. Ruby has been a little more closed off than the rest of the girls and I was excited to see what her story held. Ruby is ready for an adventure. Life has held her back and she's ready to spread her wings. I LOVED the chemistry between her and Flynn. They had an instant connection that doesn't happen very often but it felt realistic. I was completely lost in their story and I didn't want to leave thei ...more
Heather
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
What a terrific end to this wonderful series! Almost Royal starts at the wedding of Elle and Theo from If the Shoe Fits with Ruby meeting Flynn by chance. What starts off as a day of sightseeing ends up being so much more than shy Ruby could have ever expected! A terrific fairy tale romance that I had trouble putting down. This book can be read on it's own but I think the series is worth reading in order just to fully appreciate the friendship of the three girls and see how their lives changed s ...more
Misty
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruby the easy going gamer, Flynn Bowen the Hotel Heir who hates his job. In London for Elle’s wedding Ruby decides she is going on a adventure of a life time. What she didn’t have planned was meeting Flynn in the garden. One day in London was all it took to fall. But they live I. Two different country’s. Can they make it work. When Ruby falls sick in Paris and can’t come home Flynn takes care of her..
A great friends to lovers book. Lots of laughter and love. A great addition to the series. Three
Sarah Lehman
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to Ruby's story ever since I read book 1 in the series & this story did not disappoint. Ruby meets Flynn while in England for their friends wedding. Since she would be in England Ruby decided to make it a true vacation & came up with her own hashtag to document her trip, she wanted to spread her wings since she had to stay at home so much as a child. Flynn was busy trying to find his place in his family's business. Together they were wonderful & able to help each othe ...more
Jamie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Ruby planned out her trip to London for he best friends wedding she finds what she least expected in the Rosebushes. Will this encounter change her #RubyGoesRouge vacation or add to her spontaneous travel plans?

I loved following Ruby and Flynn on their journey of self discovery. These two characters are so sweet and relatable that you wanted them to find their happily ever after.

While this book can be read as a stand alone, I feel you will truly understand the characters better if you read
Doni
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book! I enjoyed reading
it from beginning to end. It's a charming,
sexy, funny, & touching romance.
I looked forward to Ruby's story.
It seemed like love was the last thing
on all her lists. But after a chance meeting with a handsome stranger,
will Ruby's life be changed forever?
Another fabulous book in the series.
Ruby ❤ Flynn, are perfect together.
I loved everything about this Must
Read Story!!
Toni
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

Let Your Hair Down is the third and final book in Rachel Lacey’s Almost Royal trilogy. While I am sad to see the series end, I loved that Ruby found her perfect HEA. This is very much a slow build…they fall in love while Ruby has pneumonia…it is well-worth it. Ruby and Flynn are the perfect complement and their love story a complete reflection of them. I enjoy Lacey’s light touch and highly recommend this installment.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this novel.
Sasha Says
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Almost Royal series has been such a fun series and Let Your Hair Down was a fantastic way to wrap it up! Ruby is a bit of an introvert and it was so fun to see her on her adventures with Brit Flynn in London. I swooned as he took such good care of her during her bout with pneumonia. It was great to see the rest of the Almost Royal characters and see them all get their HEA. Whatever Rachel Lacey has planned next, it will be going on my TBR!
Isha Coleman
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Let Your Hair Down feels like waking from a dream and stepping into a fairytale. Ruby and Flynn are the sweetest blend of storybook fantasy and emotional angst. Lacey takes the best parts of every childhood fantasy and packs them into an adult crowd pleaser. Two strangers brought together by fate, lose their hearts just as it's time to say goodbye. Will they take a risk on forever or let romance pass them by? A haunting melody searching for the lyrics to make it whole.
Melinda Hennies
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It all started in a rose bush!

Loved Ruby and Lynn's story.. the guy rescues the gal stuck in the rose bush trying to hide from a guy. The chemistry was hot from the moment these two met. Flynn volunteers to be Ruby's tour guide and ma n how can this be so perfect in 24 hrs? Ruby falls ill and Flynn goes and helps her while she recovers. When Ruby tells Flynn how she feels..he runs...but his mother tells him to follow his heart..which leads back to Ruby!
Kim Ruiz
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed Ruby and Flynn's story. Ruby is taking a trip of a lifetime and watching her come out of her shell is refreshing. Flynn needs to figure out where he wants to be and who he is. Together they make a great pair. Appearance from the gang and love the gang got there hea. I am voluntarily leaving a review of the book.
J Williams
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great series and Ruby and Flynn were my favorite couple!

In true fairytale style, Flynn sweeps Ruby off her feet but there are some bumps on their way to their happily ever after.

I loved these characters! I also loved catching up with Elle and Meghan from the other books. Definitely a must read!!
Teresa
Let Your Hair Down Book 3 Almost Royal by Rachel Lacey

5 Stars

Awesome! What a terrific story to a terrific series! I really did fall in love in it! Fully enjoyed!

"Everything about her was so pure. Not innocent or naive, just... genuine. Enchanting."

"My adventure was finding you. And I can't wait to see what we discover next."

Absolutely loved everything! Highly recommend!!
Elizabeth
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable fast read!

Such a cute, engaging and sexy romance read! Rachel Lacey has a great way of bringing out her characters personalities. You get so attached. I’ve loved this series and the ladies in it. Ruby’s story grabs at your heart.

I’m sad to see this series end, but what a great ending it was.
Tina Dangler
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read series

The entire series an awesome read, makes you want to believe in love all over again. For some of us heartbreak has been a way of life for others they actually found love a d kept, than there are the few who never experienced love,give it a shot. No matter where you are on the spectrum read the series.
Rachel
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A meet cute that is unforgettable followed by a whirlwind and unintended cohabitation. This was a great story to add to the series and a wonderful way to wrap up the readers time with the group of friends.

• Taming My Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #6)
  • All Fired Up (Road to Love, #3)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou, #4)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Take Me Now (The Knight Brothers #3.5)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • Snowfall on Cedar Trail (Sweetwater Springs #3)
  • She Loves Me (Harmony Pointe, #3)
  • The Aussie Next Door (Patterson's Bluff #1)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Beauty and the Bayou (Boys of the Bayou, #3)
  • Something Just Like This (Stay, #3.5)
  • A Highlander Walks into a Bar (Highland, Georgia, #1)
  • Dare Me Tonight (The Knight Brothers, #3)
Rachel Lacey is a contemporary romance author and semi-reformed travel junkie. She's been climbed by a monkey on a mountain in Japan, gone scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef, and camped out overnight in New York City for a chance to be an extra in a movie. These days, the majority of her adventures take place on the pages of the books she writes. She lives in warm and sunny North Carolina with ...more

Almost Royal (3 books)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Almost Royal, #1)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy (Almost Royal, #2)