Start by marking “C. S. Lewis' Little Book of Wisdom: Meditations on Faith, Life, Love, and Literature” as Want to Read:

Novelist, poet, critic, lay theologian, and best-selling author of the 'Narnia' series, C. S. Lewis’ works have become timeless classics for adults and children around the world.

Here in one concise volume is the essence of his thought on subjects ranging from love and faith to ethics and morality and myth and literature that will throw open the windows of the soul and pr

Published September 1st 2018 by Hampton Roads Publishing

To ask other readers questions about C. S. Lewis' Little Book of Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about C. S. Lewis' Little Book of Wisdom

GetShelved
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This was a fun collection of writings by C.S. Lewis. As I have always enjoyed his work, I decided to pick this up as a quick read through at different times in my life.

It is filled with beautiful writings that make you smile, cause you to ponder, and even feel at peace. As most people know, C.S. Lewis was a Christian so this does contain a lot of writing about God, faith, and Christianity. I hope that does not deter you from picking this up.

An absolutely beautiful collection if you are looking f
Cassie Kelley
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timeless Advice

This is a little book full of the wisdom that C.S. Lewis collected and gave out to his many readers. And I absolutely love it. Compiled by two women who absolutely love Lewis’ works.

Arranged by topic, these quotes are collected from all of his books, letters, and essays. Fiction and nonfiction, it doesn’t matter. Fiction is a wonderful medium for conveying truth, and Lewis knew this very well. And all of these quotes inspire a deep desire to learn more about the God that this man
Roger Smitter
Oct 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a quick read. A really quick read—maybe 30 minutes. Each page has a quotation from a C.S. Lewis, an English writer who focused on complex issues of faith in a modern world. The editors, Andrea Kirk Assaff and Kelly Anne Leahy, provide so little that the short read is worth the effort. The problem is, there’s no context for understanding Lewis’s work. Lewis was praised for taking on major issues in faith. The one page/one quotation format falls far short of his work.
Cindy
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can a book of quotes from the works of C. S. Lewis be rated as anything but great? Could the author have chosen better quotes? Maybe. However, I doubt it. One would have to read and re-read all the Lewis books again in order to judge. I am impressed by the width and depth of the compiler's choices. Read if you enjoy mulling over what you read.
Cathi
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is packed with wonderful quotes, some of which I was familiar with already, and I enjoyed it. Lewis is one that I have to read really slowly because my brain just can't digest his writing unless I take the time to focus. So although this looks like a little book that you could just pick up and enjoy at your leisure, it was not a relaxing bit of reading in the slightest. But that's okay!
David B Noland
Mary Taylor
Jul 11, 2019
Stevie
Apr 21, 2019

Clive Staples Lewis was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably one of the most influential writers of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Oxford University until 1954. He was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance Literature at Cambridge