Start by marking “Cards of Love: Temperance” as Want to Read:
Cards of Love: Temperance

Cards of Love: Temperance

From New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo comes a scorching hot novella about forbidden passion from the Cards of Love Collection.

tem·per·ance (ˈtemp(ə)rəns/submit) - noun
abstinence, moderation, or self-restraint.

Dr. Leah Grayson is fantasizing about a patient she’s never seen.

Leah has been counseling high-profile addicts for almost a decade, so she’s accustomed to
Published October 26th 2018 by Gloss Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cards of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cards of Love

Start your review of Cards of Love: Temperance
J. Saman
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5. So I went into this with super high hopes. I read some of the reviews on Zon and thought cool. Short. Hot. HEA. Except I found the heroine very wishy-washy. One minute she's telling her boss that she's done with the guy and that she won't see him again (her freaking medical license is on the line) and then literally in the next scene he's there and she doesn't even have a second's hesitation. I also didn't feel enough of a connection between the two of them before things started going down ...more
Janey
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shockingly short, but classic Cassia. Always leaving you wanting more..
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
Temperance will have your temperature rising. This sultry, sensual, forbidden romance about a beautiful psychiatrist and her anonymous client will blow you away.

Dr. Leah Grayson is a strong, intelligent and fierce. She’s actually the only psychiatrist in downtown Seattle who will counsel a patient without knowing their identity. Though her colleagues are skeptical about it she likes the benefits it poses for her clients.

Mr. C is being treated for his addiction to sex. As one of her anonymous c
Marie Vasquez
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Temperance is the sexiest I’ve read from the Cards of Love series.

With an air of mystery wrapped up in the dynamics of the characters in the story, the experience was heightened for me, as the reader.

For a quick read, so much transpired between Dr. Grayson and her mysterious client. I had tingles from start to finish.

Quick and erotic, this was a great read!!!
Susan (susayq ~)

This was a short, steamy read. A great introduction to Cassia Leo's writing. I'll gladly check out more of her stuff.
Kinky Minx
Thanks to the author for providing ARC in exchange for honest review.

Temperance is one of the stories among Cards of Love series.
Leah is a psychological therapist and Mr C is his mystery client. They do their therapy section through Skype and the rules are Mr C remains a mystery patient. So one Halloween party and they fell in love with each other.

I don't wanna spill all the content out, this is a great short story. I bet anyone who reads it will love it too. It's simple and easy, Leah is cute
Saunders
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, short, series
Finishes at 78%.

Decent read but too short.
Konny
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Temperance by Cassia Leo is part of the Cards of Love, a multi author project. Every book in this series is a standalone and can be read in every order.

Meet Dr. Leah Grayson. She's a renowned counselor, specialized in addiction. She guarrants totally anonymity for her clients. Her latest client is Mr. C and they "meet" twice a week. Their chemistry is through the roof high, but her ethic doesn't allows a private relationship to him. Mr. C is nothing as determined to meet his therapist in real li
Tanja OMGReads
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads
I've got to say that the wait was worth it. I just wish it was more than 6 chapters. I wish I could have read more about the complicated man that is Samuel Paxton. I wished that I was the object of his desire. This story even though it was (too damn) short it didn't feel rushed.

This is my introduction to Cassia Leo and I've got to say I'll be reading more of her work. Nicely done 👍

***Review copy requested and reviewed on the behalf of OMGReads Blog***
Sarah~ Book Obsession Confessions
This is a hot and taboo delight!

The main characters have an unconventional and frowned upon encounter. So very hot

From there we get more sexy and hot action.

The writing has a unique quality I like.

It’s a novella so there isn’t much time to know a lot about the characters but I think enough was in there from their pasts that explained their connection and personal struggles.

It’s very sexy but it also has heart.

I really enjoyed this short, sexy read!!
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
This short story is definitely worth of reading!
Intense and hot, thorough the pages of this book you'll get a very sexy patient and his doctor story. A taboo story!
Their interactions are nothing like you would expect.

Great book to read on your lunch break ;)
thered_haired book girl
This book was alright. Brief story about therapist who falls for a mysterious patient, had numerous typos. Needed some editing.
Coco.V
Jun 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (6/9/2020)! 🎁
C Gray
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!! This book is absolutely AMAZING!!

In true Cassia Leo fashion, she gave us everything. From the passion to the tears this book has it all and set my kindle on fire!! This story is about forbidden love and attraction between two people who try hard to stay away from each other. One always gets what they want and the other always does what’s right but when you can’t fight the pull or attraction will the risk be worth it in the end?? 🖤🔥🔥🖤
Stephanie
tem·per·ance (ˈtemp(ə)rəns/submit) - noun
abstinence, moderation, or self-restraint.

Short, sinful, sultry and super sexy, Temperance will have your panties melting! I don’t know if I could have handled a full length novel! Temperance packs a one-two punch! Desires with some down n dirty will knock you out!

Dr. Leah Grayson is a therapist specializing in addictions. All types of addictions including sex addiction…She has many high profile clients. “Mr. C” remains anonymous through Skype video sessi
Michelle Austin
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arcs
Cards of Love: Temperance was a great 5 star read.

Leah is a unique counselor, she has sessions with people who need to be kept anonymous because of who they are. One that really stands out for her is Mr. C, she has skype sessions with him but yet has never seen him. After her sessions with him she is always worked up sexually from the things that he shares about his sex addiction.

No woman has ever said no to me.

At her Halloween party a mysterious man show’s up and gives her quite the sexual en
Carla
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book, given by the author.

Short but incredibly sexy and intense story.

Dr. Grayson was extremely serious about her job, she lived to help people, to free them of their addictions. But she was also trapped in hers.

She wasn't really living, her life revolved around her job. Until she met Mr. C, the mysterious patient, which whom she felt a deeper connection than with her others.

There was a hunger in him t
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
If it wasn't for the fact that this is a really short read I think I may have struggled with the insta love, lack of actual story and continuous sex scenes should the book have been longer. However if you are looking for something fast paced and short for travelling with or that in between books read then this is the perfect little read to fill that gap.

The plot itself is a forbidden doctor/patient read that will have your temperature rising above the mercury, leaving you with a satisfied grin o
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
This forbidden romance novella sounded too delicious to pass up! This was a very quick, hot read that left me content and satisfied foe a novella. Sometimes I struggle with novellas because I do not get enough story on the characters, but I really felt that Cassia did a fantastic job of fleshing out the story and character backgrounds enough to make me feel like I read a whole book.

Temperance was so intriguing and thrilling and kept me interested the entire read. I felt the romance was a little
Catty Jane
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
*** ARC Received for Honest Review ***

3.5 Stars

I really like this short read. It's hot, steamy, and has a forbidden romance. Leah is an addiction counselor, but she allows some of her patients to remain completely anonymous. She can't say that she didn't think Mr. C was her mystery man during a super sexy encounter at party. However, when all is said and done, doctors-patient relationship are strictly forbidden.

The biggest drawback for me was that this is so short. I wish there was a lot more h
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Temperance is a short, steamy read that will leave you satisfied. It has characters that pull you into the story with a plot that explains who the characters are even though this is only a novella.

Mr. C is the sex addict being treated via Skype by his therapist, Dr. Leah Grayson. Although she only hears his voice while he can see her, the relationship gets complicated when lines are blurred. Leah is intelligent and strong, yet her defenses become fragile when it comes to Mr. C.

The story is sedu
Cathy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is something very appealing about that which is forbidden.
I was totally captivated with Temperance from the beginning. It’s not often that you read a Novella and get attached to the characters so easily but with this one I did.
Mr C just had something that we all want. He was smooth, sexy and oozed charisma.
Leah was passionate, dedicated and had an honesty about her that was endearing.
This could so easily be a full length novel, these characters had depth and history that I would have lo
Andrea Thompson
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance, arc
It is a day for novellas, and this one delivered in a big way. This is a short, quick romp and the author took advantage of every word delivering the punch she was setting up.

Leah is a therapist, treating her patient Mr. C anonymously via Skype, but by voice only. When their paths cross at a social event, the long-lingering sparks between them fly making it hard to resist indulging in a relationship that would be totally taboo.

Succinct and just the perfect little package of compelling, fast-movi
Maggie
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Temperance is a short novella that is packed full with hot and taboo delights. Since it’s a novella, there wasn’t much time to fully develop the characters, but there was enough material to explain their attractions and turmoil. I really liked the story line and characters. I could see the potential for it to be developed into a full length novel.

I received an advance reviewer copy of the book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the conte
Alexis
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Temperance is a short but super sexy and steamy read that left me wanting so much more! Leah is not your typical therapist and takes on clients that others in her firm don’t feel comfortable treating buteah feels everyone should have a chance to get the help they need for whatever addiction has a hold over them.

“Mr. C” is a man with a serious addiction to sex and he seeks help from Leah to help control his urges, it seems to be helping until “Mr.C” starts fixating on someone he can’t have.

If you
Sarah Larson
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love everything that Cassia Leo writes. Temperance is a short sexy novella that left me wanting more. Leah is a psychiatrist that counsels people without knowing their identity. She feels that everyone should have a chance to get help even if they don't want to say who they are. Mr. C is a very mysterious man who has a way of captivating you with his words. I loved the intense chemistry these two shared! There were a few unexpected moments that were super hot and I loved every second of it! I ...more
Tianna Croy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know how you feel when you finish a book and can't believe it's over? Well that's me right now! I could have read more about these characters, it's a shame it was just a nugget. I loved this short, hot, swoon worthy book. The forbidden relationship between therapist and client made this even more interesting. I personally didn't think Leah did anything wrong, she was counseling anonymously and had no idea who Mr C was until it was too late. Obviously she helped him with his addiction only to ...more
Sandy Montemayor
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I love Cassia Leo. You will never be disappointed with anything she writes. Even though this was a short read, it still had everything you would want in a book. Hot, sexy, intense and a great story. This is about Leah, a psychiatrist who counsels her patients without knowing who they are and Mr. C is being treated for his sex addiction, even though the sessions are through Skype and she can't see him, there still intense . A great read, you don't want to miss this one. ...more
KS
Quick, hot, and dirty.

If you’re looking for a smoking taboo story - look no further than this one.

Mr. C is a secretive man with an addiction that leads him to seek help from Leah. Leah has never seen Mr. C’s face. So when they meet - do they actually meet?

Obviously any relationship will have repercussions, but what fun it will be until then!

I voluntarily requested and reviewed an advance reader copy.
Dawn Myers
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fast steamy read in a very creepy way. I figured out when Leah would meet Mr. C yet it kept me reading. I didn't care for Mr. C he had too much stalker in him, in my opinion. I liked Leah but I wanted her to make Mr. C work for it a little more. This is a novella and I thought Cassia Leo gave you enough backstory fast that you didn't feel like you were missing something. Overall this was a fun and entertaining read. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced readers copy. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cards of Love: Judgment
  • Hanged (Savage Men, #5)
  • Cards of Love: Knight of Swords
  • Cards of Love: The Sun
  • Cards of Love: The Hermit
  • Cards of Love: The Pope
  • A Dash Of Spice (Lights Camera Insta-Love #2)
  • Cards of Love: Death
  • Ember (Men of Inked: Heatwave #7)
  • Pretty Bride (The Dead Lands, #3; Rags to Riches, #3)
  • Cold Cole Heart
  • Cards of Love: Nine of Swords
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • Warnings & Wildfires
  • Untangle Me (Love at Last, #1)
  • Kayden: The Past (Love at Last, #2)
  • Mine
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home). She is also the author of the popular Luke and Chase series.

Come chat

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...