Start by marking “What Happens in the Dark: The Complete Series” as Want to Read:
What Happens in the Dark: The Complete Series

What Happens in the Dark: The Complete Series

(What Happens In The Dark #1-3)

Matt Star had money, power, and influence...the triple threat combination that would make anyone a formidable threat.

Please note: This three-book series was originally published in July 2015. It is now only available in this boxed set form. However, it is my first book/series, it is unedited, and I don't consider my earlier work to be an accurate reflection of my most r
Published September 10th 2018 (first published July 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about What Happens in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Happens in the Dark

Noel
Finding the Light.

This book, just wow.
Lizzie is so broken and just ugh, I can not put this into words. The double life she puts on to keep her family safe.... I wanted to be mad at her at times, but at the same time I knew half of what she was going through, and just to keep that secret is enough to do the stupidest of things. But no matter what all I could think was how strong this girl was, how she could keep herself from going mad.
Matt, he is something else, like I've never read pure and tr
Jami Kehr
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I’ve read everything this author has put out... or so I thought. How I missed this series blows my mind!

This author hit it out of the park with this series, I
wanted to throw my phone against the wall so many times. My heart broke and I felt like my chest was being twisted. The anguish and loneliness coming through these pages is insanity.

These characters are intense. I’m not gonna lie.. I was really rooting for the bad guy to turn into an amazing good guy. You know when you watch tho
Frances
Worst case scenario....(book1)

What Happens in Dark is about Lizzie who has a tragic situation happen to her right before graduation. When she tries to move on from it, the biggest scum-bag in the school goes and blackmail her. Matt the QB is a SOB. He thinks he can do whatever he wants and not pay any consequences for it. Matt loves to humiliate Lizzie, in front of everyone especially Brandon. Brandon is his friend and her savior. When he sees that his superhero complex is for nothing he gets ma
Lofty
Book 1
What happens in the dark
Lizzie has a crush on Brandon but he's a ball player his best friend is Matt.
Matt is the classic rich boy thinks he's bees knees! He's mean to Lizzie & traps her one day thus causing his obsession!
This is a brilliant start to the story showing the insight into Lizzie Brandon & Matts senior years.
The story does have trigger warnings which I like & respect you are also warned there are more parts to the story so please do not expect the full ending.
I've
Sassyreads
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me belly aching laughin in the beginning during a particular scene. and when i was all comfy and snug and happy as a bug in a rug reading this book, the author rips the rug out from under me and sends my heart rolling across the floor!

"Things were so much easier in the dark"

How do you write a raving review without spoilers yet convey Why this book...why this series is so amazing!?!

Be prepared to have your socks knocked off...hold on tight, cuz your in for one helluva ride!

This boo
Kimberly O'connell
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are not enough words for me to describe how much I loved this book. It’s not your typical boy meets girl they fall in love and get married the end. I love that it broke the mold of tour typical cookie cutter romance books. Ithe story of Brandon Lizzie and Matt and tangled webs of lies they have each interwoven to create this incredible journey is breathtaking. Lizzie is fearless and honestly most women should be like her especially in the situations she found herself in it’s not easy to ge ...more
Cynthia Graves
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gut wrenching

I’m not sure how Ashley Jade manages to keep sane. She writes brilliantly and can pull so many emotions from you it’s scary at times. This series had tons of dark elements that a lot of people would shy away from when reading much less voluntarily write about. She manages to weave a twisted web of lies, deceit, manipulation and love. She is a master at her game and will remain on my buy now list...I don’t even have to read the blurb to know she’s going to serve me up a heaping plat
Hannah Brooker
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much emotional angst

An absolutely epic story. It was very dark but it did have a happily ever after ending so phew for that. I loved how tenacious the fmc was and I loved her best friend and the relationship they had. It would have been nice for Matt to have been sent to jail, death was to good for him. I loved the third most as there was something endearing at the way the end was nurtured by her husband. It makes you realise how one mistake not only changes your life but has the potential to
Avery Adams
A deluge of darkness…
Ashley Jade has a unique way of bringing her characters to life and making you feel every conceivable emotion while delving into this dark tale.
Lizzie, Brandon, and Matt venture through ups and downs, twists and turns, emotional turmoil, and you can’t help but be swept up and brought along for the ride. The darkness is heightened as the story unfolds, to the point where you’re not sure if these characters are going to survive their journey. It keeps you on your toes until th
Tanya
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm speechless at how I am transported into Lizzie's world. Every thought and feeling was as if it were my own. From The start I couldn't put this series down. And not only did I feel her emotions but I also felt like I was getting into the mind of the male characters as well. It earned all 5 stars with every word. If you like a book that tears your heart out smashes it into a million pieces while making you ask for more and then puts all those pieces back together again go one-click this series ...more
Cindy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too much explaining going on

I really wanted to like this book more than I did. I think the main reason was that instead of just showing or being able to show thru the story things that had happened, there were long drawn out narratives of what happened and why. Could be this author is new to writing and didn’t know how to get the info out there with out doing this. I will probably try to read another book from this author but a more recent one to see if the writing style has improved.
Ashley
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
what happens in the dark

I know a lot of people reviewed that the grammatical errors made this hard to read. I didnt feel that way at all. The story kept me hooked from page one until the very end! This does have a lot of really dark parts that involve rape so if that is something that is a touchy subject for you then abort situation! Overall do I agree with Lizzie’s choices no but that’s not what reading a book like these are about. So for the people criticizing it for that like get over it.
Rachel Campbell
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rollercoaster Ride!!!

All I can say is ‘Whoa!’ This series was insane and I absolutely couldn’t put it down! Lizzie went through so much...and even when you think all is lost for her, the H’s love (I won’t say who...no spoilers) manages to get her through. Be warned...this is definitely a dark read...and I do have to say Lizzie did have some TSTL moments when not communicating what was really going on or reaching out for help. Despite that...this was a page turner and gripped you throughout! I hi
Tabitha
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What Happens In The Dark Is... Wow!

I am so overwhelmed with emotions. This story was... wow! I was hooked from Chapter one and did not want to place the Kindle down. I was on one emotional rollercoaster ride. I laughed, I cried and felt the angst and disgust, but most importantly I fell in love with the characters. I am such a huge fan of AshleyJade. Her storytelling is ABSOLUTELY amazing. The book is so well-written that I feel I am in the storyline watching the action. I will HIGHLY recommend
Kaela Rose-Murdock
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story!

This story was wonderful! It was a story about never giving up and fighting with everything you have to achieve what you want most in the world and no matter what you are ultimately the master of your own fate. This is a story of survival , forgiveness, and unconditional love. Even though some of it was hard to read it was truly a wonderful story and very inspiring.
Amber
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking, shockingly, beautiful!

This series was so many things at once. It was defintely shocking to the system along with heartbreaking. I literally had sobs wracking my body during some of the parts in this series. But in the end it was a beautiful ending. This is now the second series I have devoured from this author. I am in love with her writing. Cant wait to read more.
Kellane Ayanna Mitchener
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional rollercoaster!!!!

This book having been my first and most certainly not my last from Ashley Jade was unbelievably touching, heartbreaking, and resilient in all dark romance. What Lizzie and Brandon had to go through for each other was indescribable, but how they all overcame it was beyond miraculous. Through hard work and patience and love they were able to get back to each other. Zoe and Eric were great characters. Loved this book!!!
Toni K.
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heed the warning

That being said this is a great read! Dark, oh my yes and often difficult to read. The difference in this one is *spoiler alert* the heroine does not fall for the truly bad guy.
I love Brandon, imperfect, but at heart, a very remorseful good guy. He makes me swoon. I love Lizzie, so throng, although toward the last I felt she acted out of character and she irritated me.
Priscilla
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Ashley Jades books

Well, she did it again. I first book I read by Jade was Devil and I became obsessed. That one is still my favorite (and cant wait for the second book) but dam this one is a close second. There are quite a few typos and editing errors but it's still a great story.
LaToya Toney
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Valentina
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, dark
This tale took me for an unexpected, delightfully twisted ride. The storyline evolves in so many different ways, and as it progresses you are pleasantly surprised at each outcome. I was held captive the entire read. Surprised that this story is one of the author's first works. Fantastic, dark, love-triangle read.
Melody Probert
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Broken but whole

What happens in the dark is truly dark but you will not be left in the darkness by the end. I almost stopped reading this series because it got a bit too triggery at certain points but I'm glad I kept on reading. It's not just one story but when the story lines collide again and again, you see how broken becomes whole
Angela Thompson Groseclose
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captivating

I could not put this book down. I was shocked at the strength that Lizzie held throughout the story. She endured and conquered. This is the second story that i have read from this author and it will definitely not be the last.
Kristen
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing!!!

Words can not describe the emotional roller coaster that is this story!!! I cried both happy and sad tears. Could not put it down!!! Thank you for writing such an amazing, emotional novel as this!!!
Rebeca Valenzuela
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm still crying

What a powerful story of survival love & forgiveness. The emotions that I went through while reading this story will stay with me for a long time.
Jessica Keirns
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Engaging story

Couldn't put it down, just when you thought you knew the story and characters, the author hit you with a curve ball.
Kayleigh Borrows
Jan 17, 2019
Susan Hindsman
rated it did not like it
Jan 13, 2019
Leigh Bise
Dec 03, 2018
Caroline Hannon
Mar 21, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

What Happens In The Dark (3 books)
  • What Happens In The Dark (What Happens In The Dark, #1)
  • Always Comes To Light (What Happens In The Dark, #2)
  • Against The Darkest Shadow (What Happens In The Dark, #3)