Start by marking “Cold Falling White (The Nahx Invasions, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cold Falling White (The Nahx Invasions, #2)

Cold Falling White

(The Nahx Invasions #2)

Two teens fight for their lives after an alien invasion in this heart-stopping follow-up to Zero Repeat Forever.

Humans. Clones. Aliens. No one is safe anymore. It’s the end of the world.

Xander Liu survived the alien invasion—just barely. For more than a year, he has outsmarted, hidden from, and otherwise avoided the ruthless intruders, the Nahx, dodging the deadly darts
Published October 2019 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Cold Falling White, please sign up.

Start your review of Cold Falling White (The Nahx Invasions, #2)
Kalyn Woodbury
First of all, I love Canadian books. As soon as I read a reference to Canada my heart gets all warm and fuzzy, like a kid in a candy store. Wholesome patriotism, if you will.

When I saw this book on NetGalley, I was immediately intrigued. The cover looks super cool and the synopsis— though generally not something I’d usually pick up— sounded great. My biggest issue (which eventually branched off into other, more detrimental issues) was that there was nothing on the NetGalley page that indicated
Candace Robinson
I really loved the first book, Zero Repeat Forever so much! And it felt like forever, literally, for this next book to come out! So I was pumped to get an ARC of Cold Falling White.

Let me just say this book is super long! I felt like it could have been scaled back and this was due, for me, to Xander's POV. For me, it bogged down the book because I just was not interested in him. I was hoping for it would have had the two POVs of just August and Raven AKA Dandelion! Not only was I a little
Angelica
Sep 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
*sees release date for October of next year*
Caryn {iam.caryn}
It’s always a treat when a sequel is even better than the first book, and that’s what happened with Cold Falling White. It was nonstop action, stress, terror and intrigue.

I found the overall pacing and chapter POVs worked better than it did in Zero Repeat Forever. So I really liked that. I also found having Xander’s POV to be quite special and unexpected.

A good conclusion to an exhilarating duology... and yet it leaves wishing for more. Maybe Prendergast will indulge her fans and bless us with a
Marie
Oct 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
I really thought this was already out because the date indicated on Goodreads is October. I just read Zero Repeat Forever and it ended in a cliffhanger.

WHYYYY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)

CAUTION: SPOILERS FOR ZERO REPEAT FOREVER

Oh my gosh, why did I put off reading this book for so long?! To be honest I was kind of worried that it would have Second Book Syndrome and would disappoint me after I loved Zero Repeat Forever so freaking much.

I needn't have worried, because it was pretty much just as good as the first book!

The first book starts off kind of slow in the beginning. This book is almost non-stop action from start to finish! I was never bored because there was always
Christian - Knightingale Reviews
Stars: 4.5/5

Review coming soon!
Celia McMahon
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A release date finally!!!!!
Clover
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have owned Zero Repeat Forever for a long time but never read it. When I saw this, I read it as fast as I could and oh boy, that ending. The whole book was amazing.

Now this book, what a roller coaster. August is my all time favourite, I am all Team August and not so much Team Tucker. I won't fault you if you're TT, but we all know how TT ends.

This book is strong in different ways than Zero Repeat Forever. Raven is different, she's stronger (mentally and physically), so it's interesting seeing
Angelique Nish
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.8 / 5

Cold Falling White by G. S. Prendergast is a continuation of Zero Repeat Forever. Set in the harsh winter of western Canada, this novel deals with themes of identity, love, friendship, racism/specism, and most of all, humanity.

I enjoy Prendergast’s writing style. Very succinct, and very descriptive. Although sometimes I had to read some sentences twice as there was a lot of motion in few words. There are a few perspectives in this novel and I think Prendergast does a great job in keeping
Katie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Danae
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, I would like to thank Simon & Schuster Canada for letting me read this arc. However, I goofed big time and did not realize that you need to read the first book in order to understand what is going on in the second book. The writing is interesting. but I got lost after the first chapter because I have a feeling it picks up after something that happens in the first book.
If you have read the first book you will probably like this book, but if you are like me probably read the first
Minju Kim
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I found some contrasts between this book and the first one, Zero Repeat Forever. For example, while we still have Raven and August's POVs, there are also other characters' point of views. The plot seemed to be a bit slower than the first until I reached about a third way through the book, and I personally wished some of the events in the book weren't placed so far apart. Besides that, the rest of the story was adventurous and exciting! It felt great to be back in Raven's dystopian world, and ...more
Barbra
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although rather long, this second book did not disappoint. We follow the three main characters, Xander, Raven, and the Nahx called August. As we delve deeper into the story we learn more about the Nahx and their purpose and discover a new being, represented by small flighted lights. As in any war there are resistors, and allies. I loved seeing more to August. However this his not the end. Can't wait for the third book and the big battle and for more to be answered.
Nikki
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Nahx Invasion series has become one of my favorites. August holds a little piece of my heart but man, Raven's growth is beautiful to behold. We learn a little more about the Nahx in CFW but still so many questions remain. My only wish was for more August. That said: I cheered, cried, laughed and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. And that end I have no idea how I’m going to wait until the next book. If you love slow burn YA SciFi definitely check this one out!
.75ish
Engel Dreizehn
ARC Copy...a slow boiler yet exciting trip of a narrative like previous one with some rather SHOCKING discoveries involving "aliens", a portion which is "OWW my stomach" turning (giving gruesome meaning to 8th and the previous novel's title) and felt more like an adult sci-fi fiction in a good way.
Jaden
Ahh I can’t wait for the next one!
Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews
*screeches* This book was so good!!!!! I was so excited when I won an ARC back in August. In the move to college it got put in a spot where I didn't remember for a week or so, but then I found it again and read it in less than a day! Cold Falling White is amazing, and I can't wait for book three! Somehow, the ending of this one is even worse than book one!
AshB
Jmorenocidoncha
May 13, 2019

• Songs from the Deep
  • Winterwood
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia, #2)
  • The Queen of Sorrow (The Queens of Renthia, #3)
  • The Grace Year
  • The Bone Houses
  • Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Flesh & Bone (Rot & Ruin, #3)
  • Fire & Ash (Rot & Ruin, #4)
  • Dust & Decay (Rot & Ruin, #2)
  • Bloodleaf (Bloodleaf, #1)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)

The Nahx Invasions (2 books)
  • Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions, #1)