Start by marking “The Day the Jerk Started Falling (The Jerk Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Day the Jerk Started Falling (The Jerk Duet, #2)

The Day the Jerk Started Falling

(Jerk #2)

My name is Oliver Arsen, but my mates call me Ollie.

I live hard and love harder, and it’s love that usually gets me in the most trouble.

According to the greater population, I’m the ultimate jerk.

My affection tends to be short-lived—a quality I’ve been assured multiple times by the fairer sex isn’t becoming—and the leaving part of loving and leaving has always come natur
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 252 pages
Published October 25th 2018 by Max Monroe LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Day the Jerk Started Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Day the Jerk Started Falling

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
What a conclusion to this wonderful fun duet. As I stated in my review for the first book, this is my first read for this author duo and I absolutely enjoyed it. Loved it.

It’s a different kind of story, a story told through podcasts, feelings expressed, actions told, memories shared, they just lay everything out in their story for us to hear on their podcasts. This book started out with Ollie giving a podcast of his story of meeting Lucky and how and when he fell in love with her. We get Ollie’
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Eeeep - finally book #2! Phew that was a long-ass waiting-time for this book! ☺

(It was only a week, but still. #OLLIE!)

description

This time Ollie is talking/writing to us in the podcast. He needs us to hear the story from his POV!

And we start a few hours before he has to go pick up Lucky from the airport in Sydney.

Poor guy. He only got 90 minutes to get used to the idea that his sister's best friend will be traveling around the world with him.

Again we see how Lucky and Ollie do not start their 'thing' with
Escape into a Booksite
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
*3 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Oh, where to start? I'm going to be of unpopular opinion here, I'm sure of it. But I just didn't love this one. After we left off at the end of Lucky's book, I was determined to know what would happen between these two.

All I got was a series of podcasts re-telling the story from Ollie's POV, a bunch of annoying Aussie slang used incorrectly, and an ending that was fun, but also a bit lacklustre.

My main issue with this, and this i
Alla
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: duet
Great conlcusion to the duet. Not as "fantastic" as the first one and I didnt think it would be since the first one would be hard to follow up for me, but still very very good. ...more
RentasticReads
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: duet, romcom
Man, oh man. Talk about swoon-freaking-worthy! Ollie’s side of the story was just all-around captivating and so utterly addicting. You won’t be able to put this down until you finally hear the whole truth from him. You won’t be able to stop reading until you reach the very end. Because Ollie and Lucky? They’ll definitely take you on one hell of an insanely adorable journey of love with unexpected twists and a crap ton of humor.

Falling in love isn’t perfect. It never was, and it never will be,
Ari
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 Stars!*

I’M CRYING! 😭💕

This duet was so much cuter than I expected it to be. I’ll definitely be rereading this in the future!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Oy, how do I write this.

I have been hanging out for Ollie's side of the story, but unfortunately for me, this was a bit of a miss.

As an Aussie, I praised Max Monroe for not falling into the trap of making Ollie sound like Paul Hogan, throwing another shrimp on the barbie.

Unfortunately in this second part of this duet, they have fallen into the trap. It is like Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin were used as reference material on how Australians speak.

I won't lie, I nearly did DNF this book as it
Romance Schmomance (Malia)

BLOG | INSTAGRAM | AMAZON PROFILE | BOOKBUB | TWITTER

If you haven't read The Day I Stopped Falling For Jerks then you must high tail out of here and get on it. This is the concluding book of the Jerk Duet, so just be ready to just fall in love with Ollie and Lucky.

We've all been waiting for this book, thankfully for not very long. But we were all eager to hear Ollie's side of the story especially the way things ended after book 1.

Now that I knew what to expect with this one, writing style-wise
Shannon
Oh Ollie, I knew there was more to you than what we got to see through Lucky’s eyes! I never fell for you being the biggest jerk in all the world. You’re my boy Ollie and you can call me Little Fire whenever you want! Or you know, just call me. #TeamOllie all the way.

The Day the Jerk Started Falling gave me everything I wanted in the conclusion to Lucky and Ollie’s love story. I loved getting Ollie’s side of things. Hearing how he fell for Lucky in his own words was just so perfect. He’s serious
~Dawn~TUG
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh Ollie...Ollie Ollie Ollie. I wanna do a podcast for my love of you too...full review to follow

It was no secret that book one started a little slow for me but by 30% I was all in and by the end of book one I was salivating for the next one...so much so I emailed the PR company in hopes they would feel my angsty heart and send relief QUICK. So when I got a response saying the arc would be on kindle later in the day I was refreshing like a mad man awaiting Ollie and his whole side of the story.
❤Sana❤
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, duet, cocky
4 Jerkily Ever After stars!

“Falling in love isn’t perfect. It never was, and it never will be, and to think it could be is foolish. Instead, I beg of you to join me in the imperfect.”

I'm not a fun of the same story from two different point of views but this duet was amazing. I loved Ollie and Lucky's story. The podcasts were original, hilarious and so enjoyable. Max Monroe took us in a raw journey where two different people poured their hearts and exposed their feelings to the whoke workd to see
Shayna

So funny! So witty! So swoony! I loved every minute!

The Day the Jerk Started Falling by the brilliant writing duo of Max Monroe gives us Ollie’s POV…and let me tell you, it was AMAZING! If you loved him in the first book, you are gonna fall head over heels in love with him in book two! He’s so smooth, charming, and oh so swoony. I just coul
Kahea
***5 ‘Join Me In The Imperfect’ Stars***

That was just what the doctor ordered!

Seriously the swoons, and the eye rolling (need to be absolutely honest here), were real as we got Ollie’s POV on all that went down and then some. And let me tell you, the “and then some” was awesome and had my heart all kinds of twitterpatted throughout the book.

I’m going to keep this review on the short and sweet side because everything I said in my review of The Day I Stopped Falling For Jerks applies here. What I
Grey
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from the authors in exchange for an honest review.

This is book two in the Jerk duet and it is definitely necessary to have read book one first. Book one left us with a bit of a cliffy and it was all in *her* POV...this one starts in Ollie's POV, and while originally it was okay-I did have a bit of a disconnect as it seemed some of his Aussie slang was overly redundant, maybe that was the point...I don't know. And there was a fair amount of retelling of the previou
Erin Lewis
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was eagerly anticipating read the second book in this duet from Oliver (Ollie) Arsen’s point of view. If for whatever reason you have not read book one,Luciana (Lucky) Wright’s point of view,The Day I stopped Falling For Jerks, stop right now. I highly recommend you read it first otherwise you will not get the most out of reading The Day The Jerk Started Falling.

Ollie was everything I hoped he would be and oh so much more. Max Monroe had my emotions in a twist, there were times I was crying,
Little Steamy Reads
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell. I lie down and laugh like a maniac. I need such books in the gloomy autumn evenings!

The Day the Jerk Started Falling is not just the conclusion of the first part of the duet. It’s also partly Ollie’s point of view.

The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks ended with a broken heart and, as it turns out, a total misunderstanding. So what does a man in love have to do to fix mistakes and regain his love? Well, expect a lot of explanation and groveling ... ;)

Ollie drags heavy cannons releasing his
Aaly
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

I couldn’t wait for the jerk to tell us how he fell in love and it was definitely worth the journey!
Get ready to fall in love as well, to laugh so hard and mostly, swoon, swoon, swoon **heart eyes**

Review to come!

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

This duet was just a delightful journey filled with so much laugher, sexiness and fun. I had an amazing time following Lucky the hopeless romantic with her sassy banter and Ollie, the cutest and sweetest jerk I’v
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I just fell in love with the Jerk. 100% fell hard for him.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

After reading the first book in the #Jerk series I KNEW I just HAD to read Ollie’s book, to have Ollie’s side of the story. I NEEDED to see what he was like, what he was feeling and experienced and damn, I sure did feel everything. This guy, sweet baby Jesus he’s unlike no other.

*sighs* it’s crazy how much one can fall so damn hard for a fictional character but fuck sake, when you
Emma
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Thank goodness Max Monroe didn't keep us waiting for Ollie's side of the story. The Day the Jerk Started Falling is a stunning delve into the player reforms when he meets THE ONE trope. Although there is nothing trite about Oliver Arsen 💖

The beginning of the story follows the same format as The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks with the intimate connection via podcast transcripts. Ollie recounts all of the events told by Lucky from his perspective while giving background detail to the questions we
Radd Reader
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: slow-burn
⭐⭐⭐1/2
Ollie (37). 4 time surfing champ who now owns his own surf business. Luciana (aka Lucky) (27). Journalist. Book 2 of 2. Told from the perspective of the hero doing a “groveling” podcast. Slow burn. HEA.

This book focuses on the podcast from Ollie’s POV. Ollie has a little bit of explaining to do and he does a great job of bringing the listener his POV. Because Ollie has to explain his actions from book 1, the first portion of the book is a retelling of their interactions from his side. So,
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Swoon! That's what I did while reading Ollie's POV. Yes, he was a jerk in The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks, is still a jerk, BUT...he's an adorable jerk once he put his heart on the line and bared his feelings in his own set of podcasts. I admit I didn't much like him in Lucky's POV, but he most definitely redeemed himself here when telling things from his own point of view. I just wish Lucky had heard his side of things much earlier. But, if she had, then the LOL funny moments as she tried t
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow. I read the first part of the duet and I was (im)patiently waiting on the conclusion. And you guys, Max Monroe delivered. They delivered hard and Ollie Arsen, that “swoon-worthy bastard” as Max Monroe eloquently defines him probably tops my list of book boyfriends. I mean seriously, a hot surfer with a heart of gold who willingly aired his truth for the world to see. He is everything.

Reviewed by: Paige R.
Stacy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the conclusion of the duet!! Thought this was a well written book, with characters that were fun to read about. The story line and layout kept me hooked and entertained!

Entertaining and well worth a read!
Crystal B
3.5*
Janice
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG these two books kept me on the edge of my seat! I love the style in which both books were written! It was a true love story for the ages, Lucky and Ollie were perfect for each! I’ve read only a few 5 star books this year, and now I’m adding two more! Well done Max Monroe!
Mel
4.25 stars!
I had you in my grasp, Lucky, but now it’s fallen apart.
And in order to explain how it happened—
to explain myself—I feel like I have to go back to the day it all began.
To the day the jerk started falling.

The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks , book one in The Jerk Duet , ends with broken hearts and a letter to Ollie. By the time I turned the last page, I was desperate for Lucky and Ollie’s HEA and couldn’t wait to see how everything would play out. The Day the Jerk Started Falling b
Caroline F
3.5 stars - I wish the whole story had been told in just one book. I didn’t became properly invested in this story until about halfway through because it was basically a recap of what had happened in most of book one, but from the male POV with extra bits thrown in that we wouldn't have been privy to from the female POV in book one.

"I've never been through the brutal torture of love. Until Lucky."

So, the story picks up from the first book but told mainly from Ollie's POV. We get a bit more backg
Vanessa (nessreads)
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 "Ollie Ollie Oxen Free" Stars

I'm floating. I'm smiling. I'm just straight up happy. I can't stop from swooning over this book. Gahh, Max Monroe has done it again. The Day the Jerk Started Falling was everything I wanted.

Ollie, Ollie, Ollie!!!! Reading his side of the story as he told it gave me so much perspective in what he was going through. Getting that glimpse inside his mind made me know him on another level. There was so much more to
BookSmacked
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think it's safe to say that just like Luciana, I've fallen for "The Jerk"

Except this hero is anything but and honestly if I close my eyes and imagine it. I can hear Ollie's voice smooth as silk with that delicious Aussie accent telling me how he fell for Lucky. With this book we get Ollie's story and as in the first book this book is also told as if it was a podcast and I loved that.

The story telling in this really helped me picture everything that Ollie felt. And to say that the end of Book
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Ohhh Ollie!!!

When Lucky's story ended, I was like NOOOOOOO, then realized Ollie's book was coming out just a short time later. Phew, crisis averted......But, Kline!!!! Kline!!! :o)

The ending of Lucky's book, we were kinda left with a cliffhanger of sorts.....Its more of like we know he's going to get her back but it was a matter of how is Ollie going to get his girl back???... I actually liked the whole podcast relay aspect of this book. Ollie turns out to be a super sweet swoony type of hero. H

Jerk (2 books)
  • The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks (The Jerk Duet, #1)
“Falling in love isn’t perfect. It never was, and it never will be, and to think it could be is foolish.” 0 likes
“Today, I choose you. Tomorrow, I choose you. And for every day after that, I choose you.” 0 likes