Start by marking “The Day the Jerk Started Falling (The Jerk Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Day the Jerk Started Falling (The Jerk Duet, #2)

The Day the Jerk Started Falling

(The Jerk Duet #2)

My name is Oliver Arsen, but my mates call me Ollie.

I live hard and love harder, and it’s love that usually gets me in the most trouble.

According to the greater population, I’m the ultimate jerk.

My affection tends to be short-lived—a quality I’ve been assured multiple times by the fairer sex isn’t becoming—and the leaving part of loving and leaving has always come na
Published October 25th 2018 by Max Monroe LLC

Start your review of The Day the Jerk Started Falling (The Jerk Duet, #2)
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
What a conclusion to this wonderful fun duet. As I stated in my review for the first book, this is my first read for this author duo and I absolutely enjoyed it. Loved it.

It’s a different kind of story, a story told through podcasts, feelings expressed, actions told, memories shared, they just lay everything out in their story for us to hear on their podcasts. This book started out with Ollie giving a podcast of his story of meeting Lucky and how and when he fell in love with her. We get Ollie’
Escape into a Booksite
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
*3 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

Oh, where to start? I'm going to be of unpopular opinion here, I'm sure of it. But I just didn't love this one. After we left off at the end of Lucky's book, I was determined to know what would happen between these two.

All I got was a series of podcasts re-telling the story from Ollie's POV, a bunch of annoying Aussie slang used incorrectly, and an ending that was fun, but also a bit lacklustre.

My main issue with this, and this i
Alla
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: duet
Great conlcusion to the duet. Not as "fantastic" as the first one and I didn´t think it would be since the first one would be hard to follow up for me, but still very very good.
RentasticReads
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romcom, duet
Man, oh man. Talk about swoon-freaking-worthy! Ollie’s side of the story was just all-around captivating and so utterly addicting. You won’t be able to put this down until you finally hear the whole truth from him. You won’t be able to stop reading until you reach the very end. Because Ollie and Lucky? They’ll definitely take you on one hell of an insanely adorable journey of love with unexpected twists and a crap ton of humor.

Falling in love isn’t perfect. It never was, and it never wil
Ari
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 Stars!*

I’M CRYING! 😭💕

This duet was so much cuter than I expected it to be. I’ll definitely be rereading this in the future!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Oy, how do I write this.

I have been hanging out for Ollie's side of the story, but unfortunately for me, this was a bit of a miss.

As an Aussie, I praised Max Monroe for not falling into the trap of making Ollie sound like Paul Hogan, throwing another shrimp on the barbie.

Unfortunately in this second part of this duet, they have fallen into the trap. It is like Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin were used as reference material on how Australians speak.

I won't lie, I nearly did DNF this book as
Shayna
“Falling in love isn’t perfect. It never was, and it never will be, and to think it could be is foolish. Instead, I beg of you to join me in the imperfect.”

So funny! So witty! So swoony! I loved every minute!

The Day the Jerk Started Falling by the brilliant writing duo of Max Monroe gives us Ollie’s POV…and let me tell you, it was AMAZING! If you loved him in the first book, you are gonna fall head over heels in love with him in book two! He’s so smooth, charming, and oh so swoony. I just co
Shannon
Oh Ollie, I knew there was more to you than what we got to see through Lucky’s eyes! I never fell for you being the biggest jerk in all the world. You’re my boy Ollie and you can call me Little Fire whenever you want! Or you know, just call me. #TeamOllie all the way.

The Day the Jerk Started Falling gave me everything I wanted in the conclusion to Lucky and Ollie’s love story. I loved getting Ollie’s side of things. Hearing how he fell for Lucky in his own words was just so perfect. He’s serious
~Dawn~TUG
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh Ollie...Ollie Ollie Ollie. I wanna do a podcast for my love of you too...full review to follow

It was no secret that book one started a little slow for me but by 30% I was all in and by the end of book one I was salivating for the next one...so much so I emailed the PR company in hopes they would feel my angsty heart and send relief QUICK. So when I got a response saying the arc would be on kindle later in the day I was refreshing like a mad man awaiting Ollie and his whole side of the story.
❤Sana❤
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, duet, cocky
4 Jerkily Ever After stars!

I'm not a fun of the same story from two different point of views but this duet was amazing. I loved Ollie and Lucky's story. The podcasts were original, hilarious and so enjoyable. Max Monroe took us in a raw journey where two different people poured their hearts and exposed their feelings to the whoke workd to see
Kahea
***5 ‘Join Me In The Imperfect’ Stars***

That was just what the doctor ordered!

Seriously the swoons, and the eye rolling (need to be absolutely honest here), were real as we got Ollie’s POV on all that went down and then some. And let me tell you, the “and then some” was awesome and had my heart all kinds of twitterpatted throughout the book.

I’m going to keep this review on the short and sweet side because everything I said in my review of The Day I Stopped Falling For Jerks applies here. What I
Grey
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from the authors in exchange for an honest review.

This is book two in the Jerk duet and it is definitely necessary to have read book one first. Book one left us with a bit of a cliffy and it was all in *her* POV...this one starts in Ollie's POV, and while originally it was okay-I did have a bit of a disconnect as it seemed some of his Aussie slang was overly redundant, maybe that was the point...I don't know. And there was a fair amount of retelling of the previou
phoebess
Jan 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
I am not a fan of reading a retelling of the story I've already read, just with different POV. If it's done it must contain loads of new information and only a bit of the old news.
I bet every single one of you were able to deduce what happened on Ollie's part in the first book because 95 % of it were just bumps and twists very well-known to romance readers. So when it was basically a repeat of all that happened between them with a smudge of new information, I just bid my time and waited for the
Erin Lewis
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was eagerly anticipating read the second book in this duet from Oliver (Ollie) Arsen’s point of view. If for whatever reason you have not read book one,Luciana (Lucky) Wright’s point of view,The Day I stopped Falling For Jerks, stop right now. I highly recommend you read it first otherwise you will not get the most out of reading The Day The Jerk Started Falling.

Ollie was everything I hoped he would be and oh so much more. Max Monroe had my emotions in a twist, there were times I was crying,
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
I fell. I lie down and laugh like a maniac. I need such books in the gloomy autumn evenings!

The Day the Jerk Started Falling is not just the conclusion of the first part of the duet. It’s also partly Ollie’s point of view.

The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks ended with a broken heart and, as it turns out, a total misunderstanding. So what does a man in love have to do to fix mistakes and regain his love? Well, expect a lot of explanation and groveling ... ;)

Ollie drags heavy cannons releasing his
Snigdha Prakash
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was ok

While the first installment had built up an anticipation, this one for me entirely failed in keeping it up or giving the anticipation a proper execution point.

The writing here felt a bit immature and the narration style through podcast in the first book seemed refreshing, in this book I wanted more of an actual interaction. Too much time was spent by the characters going over things in their heads.

Additionally, there were certain moments which were stretched beyond what was required whe
Aaly
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

I couldn’t wait for the jerk to tell us how he fell in love and it was definitely worth the journey!
Get ready to fall in love as well, to laugh so hard and mostly, swoon, swoon, swoon **heart eyes**

Review to come!

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

This duet was just a delightful journey filled with so much laugher, sexiness and fun. I had an amazing time following Lucky the hopeless romantic with her sassy banter and Ollie, the cutest and sweetest
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I just fell in love with the Jerk. 100% fell hard for him.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

After reading the first book in the #Jerk series I KNEW I just HAD to read Ollie’s book, to have Ollie’s side of the story. I NEEDED to see what he was like, what he was feeling and experienced and damn, I sure did feel everything. This guy, sweet baby Jesus he’s unlike no other.

*sighs* it’s crazy how much one can fall so damn hard for a fictional character but fuck sake, when you
Emma
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Thank goodness Max Monroe didn't keep us waiting for Ollie's side of the story. The Day the Jerk Started Falling is a stunning delve into the player reforms when he meets THE ONE trope. Although there is nothing trite about Oliver Arsen 💖

The beginning of the story follows the same format as The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks with the intimate connection via podcast transcripts. Ollie recounts all of the events told by Lucky from his perspective while giving background detail to the questions we
Radd Reader
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
Ollie (37). 4 time surfing champ who now owns his own surf business. Luciana (aka Lucky) (27). Journalist. Book 2 of 2. Told from the perspective of the hero doing a “groveling” podcast. Slow burn. HEA.

This book focuses on the podcast from Ollie’s POV. Ollie has a little bit of explaining to do and he does a great job of bringing the listener his POV. Because Ollie has to explain his actions from book 1, the first portion of the book is a retelling of their interactions from his side.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Swoon! That's what I did while reading Ollie's POV. Yes, he was a jerk in The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks, is still a jerk, BUT...he's an adorable jerk once he put his heart on the line and bared his feelings in his own set of podcasts. I admit I didn't much like him in Lucky's POV, but he most definitely redeemed himself here when telling things from his own point of view. I just wish Lucky had heard his side of things much earlier. But, if she had, then the LOL funny moments as she tried t
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow. I read the first part of the duet and I was (im)patiently waiting on the conclusion. And you guys, Max Monroe delivered. They delivered hard and Ollie Arsen, that “swoon-worthy bastard” as Max Monroe eloquently defines him probably tops my list of book boyfriends. I mean seriously, a hot surfer with a heart of gold who willingly aired his truth for the world to see. He is everything.

Reviewed by: Paige R.
Stacy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the conclusion of the duet!! Thought this was a well written book, with characters that were fun to read about. The story line and layout kept me hooked and entertained!

Entertaining and well worth a read!
Biondatina

The second book with the POV of the jerk...I mean of Ollie!

The romance between them is easy to read. I like the different settlement. We learn Ollie 's thoughts and fears, his secrets and his actions through podcasts! And double pov the last chapters where the story starts from the point it stop at the end of the first book.
I love both characters and it a funny, easy going story to read!
Janice
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG these two books kept me on the edge of my seat! I love the style in which both books were written! It was a true love story for the ages, Lucky and Ollie were perfect for each! I’ve read only a few 5 star books this year, and now I’m adding two more! Well done Max Monroe!
Brandi
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the side of the story we didn't get in the first book. This is Ollie's chance to speak his truth.
And boy does he speak his truth in a no holding back kind of way. He lays it all out there and makes you see him.
And not like that, you pervs.

You get to see how Ollie's mind works, you get to see this love story unfold from his pov, you get the moment he fell.
Which makes sense, given the title.

But it's those inside secrets, those little things he did, the behind the scenes manipulations
Margaret Swanigan
Why did I finish this when I was so pissed with the last one? Well idk. I guess because the book wasn’t finished which pissed me off. Also, full disclosure, I skimmed a lot of this. Why? It is the same book as the last one. Yeah! The first half just re writes the last one! I don’t care! Then the conflict is too long and drawn out! Ughhhh also I was begging the book to end for so long.
Mel
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!
I had you in my grasp, Lucky, but now it’s fallen apart.
And in order to explain how it happened—
to explain myself—I feel like I have to go back to the day it all began.
To the day the jerk started falling.

The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks , book one in The Jerk Duet , ends with broken hearts and a letter to Ollie. By the time I turned the last page, I was desperate for Lucky and Ollie’s HEA and couldn’t wait to see how everything would play out. The Day the Jerk Started Falli
Caroline F
3.5 stars - I wish the whole story had been told in just one book. I didn’t became properly invested in this story until about halfway through because it was basically a recap of what had happened in most of book one, but from the male POV with extra bits thrown in that we wouldn't have been privy to from the female POV in book one.

"I've never been through the brutal torture of love. Until Lucky."

So, the story picks up from the first book but told mainly from Ollie's POV. We get a bit more backg
Vanessa (nessreads)
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

5 "Ollie Ollie Oxen Free" Stars

I'm floating. I'm smiling. I'm just straight up happy. I can't stop from swooning over this book. Gahh, Max Monroe has done it again. The Day the Jerk Started Falling was everything I wanted.

Ollie, Ollie, Ollie!!!! Reading his side of the story as he told it gave me so much perspective in what he was going through. Getting that glimpse inside his mind made me know him on another level. There was so much more to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend's Sister
  • Diary of a Bad Boy
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • The Dugout
  • The Trade
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
  • The Lineup
  • Next In Line (Wait with Me, #2)
  • The Modern Gentleman
  • The Change Up
  • The Setup
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • That Swoony Feeling (Getting Lucky, #4)
  • I Bet You
  • The Locker Room
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)

The Jerk Duet (2 books)
  • The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks (The Jerk Duet, #1)

News & Interviews

“Falling in love isn’t perfect. It never was, and it never will be, and to think it could be is foolish.” 0 likes
“Today, I choose you. Tomorrow, I choose you. And for every day after that, I choose you.” 0 likes