Start by marking “Out of the Blue” as Want to Read:
Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue

At forty, Lan Davis is looking for his damned picket fence and 2.5 kids. What he doesn’t expect is instead of a wife in the picture, his mind keeps conjuring up images of two men. One, his partner in the force, who is as straight as they came, the other an ex, who he’d hurt but never forgot.

After an incident leaves Lan injured, the two men rally around him… only maybe th
Published October 23rd 2018 by Lila Rose

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Blue

Start your review of Out of the Blue
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 12.02.2020
This re-read was cute. I like seeing Parker heal the more he is with Lan and Easton. A sequel wouldn't have been a bad thing though, where we'd get to see the threesome as a couple out in the world. That being said, the epilogue is very anti-climatic. In the book itself, not much happens action wise, nor does the book pull on your heartstrings, but it cute and hot, and pretty much straight forward. Same rating as before.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I liked it*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

First read review:
This
Shile
Audiobook 4 stars

Story - 3.5 stars

Joel Leslie and Antony Ferguson did an amazing job with the narration. Their voices mesh so well.

At first i though this was MMF because of that cover. 🤣 Turns out it is MMM.

Easton - The paramedic, he was cute awkward and adorable., i liked him a lot.

Lan - The Detective, he was all alpha mine, mine, mine, a jerk at the beginning but i ended up liking him.

Parker - A Detective/P.I/ Former Biker or Biker? i didn't get that, anyhoo, he was all broody and closed of
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio – 4 stars
Story – 3.5 stars

This was more enjoyable than I expected. Great humor and swoony moments. I loved how conflicted Parker was and how it took time for him to accept his attraction to Lan and Easton. It made the gfy more believable.

Of course, there were OTT and eye-roll inducing moments in the story. I’ve come to expect that with any story involving a motor cycle club. It didn't matter that the main characters weren’t actual members of the club.

The epilogue could have been better. I
Susan
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gbr, arc, mm, hurt-comfort

I’m very conflicted about this book. On the one hand there were quite a few things that bothered me. But I still had this urge to continue reading and I couldn’t quite put it down. Because I did like all three men in this MMM, I have a hard time rating this. The issues I had were mostly with the actions of one of the men and the people surrounding the three guys.

Easton was a 19 year old college student when he met 30 year old cop Lan. They dated for two months and were pretty much in lo
Ula'ndi Hart
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: menage-a-trio
Overall book rating: 3.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3.5

I was starved for a hot threesome okay. So this is where I ended up. I’m not sorry, there were hot times, and even a little emotion.

Although what was that with the totally over the top family spectacle??
What is it with authors who think they should pull the whole pond out from under the poor duck when it comes to the "villains" in a story? I have a brain, you don't have to go overboard to make me dislike someone.

I enjoyed the story but I cou
Chris
3.5 stars - I quite enjoyed this .., while there were some long winded moments and replay / repeated thoughts, I actually didn’t mind the dynamic between Lan, East and Parker. This trio was a long time coming with much history and many secrets. I liked the Aussie influence and could picture each location which helped me connect with characters even more. While there was a lot going on I’m glad I stuck with it.
Tammy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t get enough of this story, I just didn’t want to put it down!!! 😁 I absolutely loved the building chemistry between Parker and his need to be with his best friend Lan and Easton. His reluctant attitude made the story that much more believable and exciting, and there was so much more to this book than the building relationship between the three men.
This is one author I want to read more of, I just wish there was more M/M books she’s written. 😉
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I enjoyed this so much that I almost contemplated reading the mf series that this book is apparently associated with. Almost.
Sanaa
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

This was not my first MMM romance therefore I had a bit high expectations with this one. I did enjoy it and thought it was explosively hot with a lot of enjoyable moments.

But I thought it could've used more pages with the characters getting to know one another and as a couple with 3 people being involved. What works for them and what doesn't.

Out of the Blue was my first novel by the author but will not be my last!

An arc was provided in exchange for an honest review.
AussieMum
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF 67%
I will not even bother listing the ways I hated this. Just know that when I looked at the page count and realised that I still had 2 hours to go I tapped out. Life's too short to finish a book that sucks the joy out of life.
Daphne
Dec 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
The misogyny in this book was obnoxious. I’m not sure what the deal is with this author, based on the huge number of other characters with detailed back stories - I’m guessing this is a MF author crossing over. If so, this reinforces my bias against MF romance. (Spare me the lecture, please and thank you). Ugh.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
No rating for now. The narration was enjoyable, but I didn’t enjoy the story as much this time. I don’t know if it’s my mood or what. Since I know I’ll probably listen again, I’ll rate it then.
Jessica Alcazar
So, this story …. wow. Incredibly well done. The intricacies of a polyamorous relationship could have been a bit more explored, but that did not take away from the overall story-line and it was really sexy so #WIN all around! This is my first read by Lila Rose but I can tell you a Hawks MC #bingeread is about to happen! I found myself completely captivated and invested in the story. It’s fiction, but very realistically portrayed and again really sexy! I must give props to the author because she ...more
Aղցela W.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good read that I liked. Lan Davis is looking to settle down. After an incident leaves Lan injured, the two men rally around him only maybe they shouldn’t have. It seems a medicated Lan is a truthful one. Parker Wilding is pissed at the world. His anger builds when his partner refuses medical care after an attack. Instead, Lan entrusts his neighbor to take care of him a guy Parker doesn’t trust. While he’s aware they share a history when the past is revealed, the truth shocks th ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is my first read of this author. The book isn't part of a series but as far as I can tell, it it loosly tied to her MC series. For me that was a nice surprise. I picked the book based on the synopsis and then got rough MC guys on top of that. Win!

I liked the way the story unfolds. Lan is partners with Parker as a detective and he has a romantic past with Easton that broke both their hearts. Circumstances bring the men together and things just roll from there.

I enjoyed the secondary charact
SoCalBookReviews
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio_owned
This (audio)book was Great. Full Review to come later when I can think of words to write...
Steph
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mc
5 smoking hot stars

Not only was this book hot, it also had a great story line and amazing characters. Lila Rose definitely knows how to write amazing books. I can't get enough of them.
Stacia
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought this one would be HOT based on the synopsis but not so much!
It really should have been advertised as a spin-off or part of a series. There were so many characters and storylines that were introduced that if you hadn’t read the authors MC series you would be confused (like I was).

Rebecca
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holy Hell are Lan Davis, Parker Wilding, and Easton Ravel beyond HAWT when they’re together, and while it takes them a bit to all get on the same page and realize exactly what they want from one another, once all three of them go all in, the only thing that can prevent them from moving forward as a threesome is each others’ fears and insecurities.

It’s clear from the start of Out of the Blue that there is a lot more involved in a menage relationship than sexual logistics, especially when it come
Denise H.
Australia. M/M/M Hotness, excitement, drama, thrills, violence, good buddies, and new loves, awesome !
We see this story with some flashbacks, and a lot of present day activities.
Lan, 40, a dark haired, muscled cop,

and member of the Hawks MC.
Parker, mid 30s, is also a cop, tall, slim,

long dark hair and dark eyes, plus a member of the Hawks MC, and Lan's partner at work.
Easton is 29, Paramedic, lots of tattoos

on his brown skin, has a new home with his 6 dogs. His new neighbor is Lan, who had
Kodie Mackay
I may come back and tweak this review once my head stops spinning and I can process my thoughts better. Book hangover be fucked LOL ..

Where to even start though?.

-Two have history.
-Two work together
-Two think their future is with a women and one is strictly dickly.

Easton was left heartbroken with how things ended with Lan. Despite being hurt so badly he still held a soft spot years later for his lost love.

Lan never forgot how shitty he was to the one guy that held his heart. Even years later h
Manda Mellett
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First a confession, I have read every book in this series and absolutely love them all. Lila did not disappoint this time. A story that bounced along with some intense, some fun and some outright laugh out loud moments. It’s a ‘can’t put down’ book as you’re rooting for the three main characters and have to see what happens next.
I loved Lan, Easton and Parker. Each was different, and each grabbed your sympathy in different ways. Lila, you did one heck of a job to keep them all so likeable. With
Kylee
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves a ten flaming hot stars. A story that was so hot that the sweat literally dripped from my skin. Out of the Blue is about confronting love, moving outside of the so called normal and not denying what you feel for someone. Parker has always been a favourite of mine and to have this story that delves deeper into the man that lies beneath the growly exterior, was all that I could hope for and more. Three men who are at different stages of their acceptance of what they feel and who ...more
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
3.5 of 5 Hearts

The blurb and cover instantly sucked me into this book. I did not realize it was part of a series though. There were many others in the book that I felt like I should know, and I lost at times.

There are parts of this story I absolutely loved. Easton Ravel is by far my favorite character in this book. His banter with the others and being able to take charge when needed really pulled me into his character. Lan had put him through hell years ago, but he instantly went into that sex
Katie
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.com

I was a little discombobulated at first keeping track of three male perspectives, but reading the little name at the top of each chapter (something you're supposed to be doing anyways) helped me keep things straight. And, after a while, I got to know each of their charming personalities and it got even easier.

Easton, Lan, and Parker were all so different from one another, each with their own faults, but the
Fuji
What I liked
Sex was hot. Different character traits mashing together was hot. But yet again this was my first MMM, so I might be biased.

What I hated
Honestly tho, the characters had so much potential but got fucked over with inconsistencies and bad writing.

The characters in this book were out of character most of the time.

Stupid inner dialogue melodrama. They all sounded the same at one point since everyone was freaking out about the same thing. It's kinda hard to imagine when they are suppo
Teema
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, mm
I enjoyed reading this book, it was not what I was expecting... at all. I went into this book thinking it was going to be quick, hot, steamy and very sexy. It was all that and so much more! Did I mention it was damn HOT!

I adored all the characters, although I did gather that it was part of another world that has already been established by this author. I loved Lan, Parker and Easton, they were all great and I liked how the author made Parker's character very realistic. He had trouble coming to t
Aelfwina
Oct 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish, mm
The writing is stiff, the editing is disjointed (or is it the other way around), the MCs are nearly indistinguishable (except one swears all the time, another giggles, and the third broods), the secondary characters are all one character with different names, and the plot is beyond ridiculous. Can't believe I got as far as I did with this one. ...more
Eugenia
No. That is not a woman on the cover.

I passed up this book many a time because I wasn’t in the mood for OTT MMF from a primarily MF writer.

Well, a challenge had me looking at this book again & I realized it was MMM. It was also a free listen on Hoopla with Joel Leslie and Anthony Ferguson. My 3.5 stars moved to a 4 because of the narration. Triple POV.

Why not? I said to myself & I went in expecting little & was pleasantly surprised.

Of course, had I expected much, I’d likely be disappointed.
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, m-m-m
OUT OF THE BLUE was my first read by Lila Rose, but this girl can hardly resist a ménage romance – let alone one with a promising blurb like this one: one guy being seemingly straight, another being forty not the usual twenty – just to name a couple. I was instantly drawn to it and went into it with quite high expectations. I want my ménage stories to be super steamy and combustible, but I also need a believable bond between the three characters – their love has to feel real without anyone left ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Four Ever
  • Middleman
  • The Princess, the Prick & the Priest (Confessions, #4)
  • Gypsy's Lady (Rebel Wayfarers MC, #11.5)
  • His Hart's Command (Nothing Special, #6)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Love
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • Vow of Protection (Personal Protectors #1)
  • Straight Laced
  • Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • Blade (Hell's Ankhor #1)
  • Going Commando (Heathens Ink, #2)
  • Most Wanted (Wrecked: Guardians, #3)
  • A Deeper Blue (Rules of Possession, #2)
  • Beau (Walkers of Coyote Ridge, #5)
  • Surrender (Wrecked, #2)
  • Sadistic Sherlock (Ward Security, #4)
  • First Light (Heartsville, #2)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Lila Rose is also known as L. Rose.

Lila Rose has moved about Australia a lot of her life. Currently, she lives in country Victoria Australia with her husband and two children.

Lila is addicted to coffee, chocolate and reading.

She also loves to write humorous romance. For all novels that come from her weird brain, check out her website!

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...