Start by marking “Stop Being Lazy: How to Overcome Laziness, Defeat Procrastination, Increase Productivity, and Break Through Barriers Like an Unstoppable Bulldog” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  83 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Isn't it about time you stopped being lazy and took back control over your life?

I used to be lazy. Extremely lazy.

But, just this last week, I ran 50 miles, did 3 weight training workouts, attended kickboxing classes and got a ton of work done, making a nice big fat paycheck.

You see, I learned how to overcome laziness--and you can too.

This book is a nice short read (ju

Published September 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Stop Being Lazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stop Being Lazy

really liked it 4.00  ·

Joel
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not what I was expecting

I will admit up front that I am likely not the target audience for this book. The book takes a simplistic view of life where everyone is either lazy and pathetic or a “bulldog” and super driven. While it makes an occasional nod to using your talents to help others, overall the message is extremely self-centered and feels a little shallow. Is there no value in contentment? Do I constantly need to be climbing a mountain to experience happiness? Is there no value in enjoying
Jahongir Rahmonov
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome quick read. John never disappoints.
William J.
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easily digestible and a valuable resource

I struggle with laziness, procrastination, and fear and, even for being such a short read, all are addressed by John in this book. There are also resources offered such as a Bulldog list and I was pleased to see that I have read the first book listed, Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, several times and I have an audiobook copy of the Power of Habit. I especially liked how John stressed giving up or even failing to make the effort to unleash your inner
Greg Kelley
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good, short read.

Love the book. Picked up the audio version to as well because I got a lot of extra content from listening to "The Complete Software Developer's Guide". I really like personal development so if you are looking for a quick read to help get you motivated to change your life, this is a good pick.
Rishi Mehta
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This book goes a lot further than prescribing a cure for laziness - it reads as a call to action to transform your life, and seems directed at someone a lot more dissatisfied with their current state of affairs than me. Nonetheless, it was mildly inspiring and I learnt some new things (eg pomodoro time tracking).
Ventrice
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stop being lazy, is perfect for the lazy in you!

Personally, I need motivation and reminders when it comes to procrastination.

Stop Being Lazy is perfect if you have fell off track, or if you need to get on track.
Yesenia Reyes
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Highly recommend this book to anyone looking for sound principles and techniques to crush laziness. A very quick and easy read.
Slav Ivanov
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mildly motivating, even if it's devoid of actual content.
Divya Golyan
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Energetic, inspiring amd practical. You won't be disappointed on giving it a read.
Patrik