Start by marking “Haunted are These Houses” as Want to Read:
Haunted are These Houses

Haunted are These Houses

Haunted are These Houses explores the gothic sub-genre through poetry and fiction: from castle and lighthouses to suburbia to laundromats. It features 22 poems and 12 short stories sure to rattle bones and send shadows dancing about the walls.
Published September 18th 2018 by Unnerving (first published September 14th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted are These Houses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted are These Houses

Mindi
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have sort of been unconsciously immersing myself in gothic literature and films lately. I love this subgenre, and I was excited to see this anthology released in time for my Halloween reading. I really enjoyed the blending of short stories and poetry in a single book, even though I don't read very much poetry. I've always wanted to find a deeper appreciation for poems, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to read more poetry, while also reading short stories in between.

What I enjoyed t
Emily
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I am most certainly haunted." - JT Seate

Haunted Are These Houses is an anthology of 32 gothic poems & short stories edited by Eddie Generous & Erin Sweet Al-Mehairi. I had read some of these authors before, but a lot of them were new to me. I was introduced to writers I would love to check out more from, such as Moira Gillen, Catherine Cavendish, Erika Hogan, and more. I was very happy to see so many women horror writers in this book, and it was very refreshing.

This book is a blend of
Audra (ouija.doodle.reads)
This is one for the gothic lit lovers.

With a blend of classic and contemporary short stories and poetry all centered around the theme of hauntings, there is a lot to love in the creaking old hallways, dusty bookshelves, and dark corners where sputtering candles don’t quite reach of this anthology.

Haunted house is just about my favorite sub-genre, so I knew I had to get this one when I saw the brilliant cover and some of the great writers featured in the collection. I was also really impressed wi
Ben Truong
Haunted are These Houses is an anthology of short stories and poetry exploring the Gothic sub-genre edited by Eddie Generous. This anthology is rather interesting – it is a blend of classic and modern contemporary authors in one tome, exploring the hauntings of houses to the esoteric laundromats.

For the most part, I really like most of these entries – it really got me into the mood of the Halloween season. This collection collects a dozen short stories and twenty-two poems from classical and con
Danielle M
Dec 03, 2018
David Busboom
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Peter Melancon
Some of the stories were good but most I found myself just shrugging. However, that's what you get with compilations. I did like two of the stories "The Silence of Aeoilian Hall" by Moira Gillen and "From the Dusty Mesa" by David Busboom
Katherine Boisvert
Oct 14, 2018
Lynn
Oct 28, 2018
Joseph Sobrido
Dec 27, 2018 is currently reading it
Great book.

Great collection. The poems are a nice experience. It's the first time for me to read poems. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys poetry.
The Grim Reader
Curtis
Bri
Sara Tantlinger
Sep 16, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Russell Dorn
Sep 17, 2018
Suz Jay
Sep 17, 2018
William
Christi Nogle
Sep 18, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Melissa