Start by marking “Sadistic Sherlock (Ward Security, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sadistic Sherlock (Ward Security, #4)

Sadistic Sherlock

(Ward Security #4)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  744 Ratings  ·  125 Reviews
Ten years ago, Dominic Walsh faked his own death. With no true identity, it wasn’t hard. But if he’d stayed, he would have been drawn further into a life he’d never chosen. He has friends and family at Ward Security now and has managed to escape his dark past. There is only one thing he truly wants.

Abraham Stephens.

When Dom was first tasked with watching over his friend’
Published September 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Sadistic Sherlock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sadistic Sherlock

Wendy
4,5

I have been a huge fan of these two authors since I started the first book in the "Unbreakable Bonds" series, a couple of years ago. This did not change when they started their spinoff ,the "Ward Security" series. Sure, some books I loved a bit more than others (with some I mean "Devour"), but I definitely enjoyed all of them ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=so much fun gif

I am glad to say that I very much enjoyed reading this one. I have been curious and Dominic and Abe since I read Dantes Unglued.

I would not advice trying to read these bo
Simone
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
***4 - 4.5 Stars*** for my second favorite in this series

And what a nice surprise this was!
Bildergebnis für ken bek gif

It looks like this series continues to be an up and down for me... After really liking Psycho Romeo, being disappointed about Dantès Unglued, absolutely loving Deadly Dorian (yep, no worries, Royce, you are still my baby!!!!) and rolling my eyes about Jackson, I tried to keep my expectations low since I've seen some mixed ratings and age-gap is always a tricky trope for me. I breathed a deep sigh of
Cadiva
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#Dominabe shoot to the top of my fave Ward Security pairings (sorry Marc and Royce) with this sexy and action-packed romance.

I've been waiting for this one ever since the sparks started flying way back in Dantès Unglued when cheeky and utterly gorgeous redheaded bodyguard Dom bumped into Shane's father Abe.

Age gap, silver foxes, a secret cypher, a Hollywood A-lister and a plot that wouldn't be out of place in a Jason Bourne film, all come together perfectly.

There's the usual subtle nudges to the
Lorraine Lesar
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I think it’s already established that I’m an avid fan of these two amazing writers - seriously loving their Unbreakable Bonds Series and now their Ward Security ones. So I’m entering into the Reader’s Protection Programme as soon as this review is up, in readiness for all the flack that’s coming my way when I say this was just ok for me.
WTF was Dom thinking!!! He’s a proven professional, he knows how this is going to go down and yet he still blindly stumbled around and kept his secrets from the
Susan
After absolutely loving the first book, but being disappointed by the rest of the books in this spin-off, I started this with some apprehension. And for the first 30% I was sure it was going to be a total bust. I wasn’t feeling the romance, I wasn’t feeling the story. But…. then all of a sudden, I did get into it. More and more even. I was feeling the characters, I was feeling the story, and I was even feeling the romance! I ended up really liking it. So hallelujah, there’s still hope for this s ...more
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
“You like the way it feels to kiss me? Touch me?”
“I like it a lot more than I expected, and I expected to love it.”

Keep them coming! I didn’t know that I would find 2 series that I would want every character that is introduced to get their own book and this and the UB series were definitely that.

I want more books. Yes, I’m an insatiable person when it comes to books.
You can also call me an ungrateful brat for not thinking that getting two series is enough. But is not.

I can’t believe this
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

For all the fans of a hot MM romance involving security agents, age-gap and not minding a cray-cray plot and also for the fans of heroes from Jocelynn Drake and Rinda Elliott.

It’s not a standalone per se : even though it’s focused on the sexy and easy-going security agent Dominic pursuing Abe, the hot as hell father of one of Dom’s friend, introduced in Dantes Unglued, all the previous characters from this series and a lot of the characters from the unbreakable bonds series make so
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Huh.

So, I was totally against this book from the second I caught wind it was happening. It sounded the like the fans asked and the authors answered and I am not a fan of everyone we meet in a story getting a book. Everyone we meet in a book does not need a book. I did not need Shane’s Dad to all of a sudden be gay and I surely did not need him with the Player of Ward Security. Add into that the age gap thing and the drama that a lot of the time comes with that and nope, no way, uh-uh, not for me
David Alexander
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drake-elliott
~4.5 Stars

In previous books, we've met Dom, who was known for having sex with anyone who was willing but in Sadistic Sherlock, we learn that since meeting Abe he has stopped in order to pursue the sexy silver fox who is driving him mad. Abe has known since he was little that he was Bisexual but has never done anything with a guy before. Dom seems to push all his buttons and Abe doesn't know how long he can resist him. Right as Abe & Dom's relationship starts to take off Dom's past comes rear
BWT (Belen)
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dominic Walsh is thirty-two years old and can't get forty-nine year old Abe out of his head. Abe tries to deny his feelings for Dom citing their age difference, but really he's just scared of getting his heart broken. But Dom isn't interested in just a hookup - he wants all in with Abe.
“This matters, Abe. Really matters. You like the way it feels to kiss me? Touch me?”
“I like it a lot more than I expected, and I expected to love it.”
Dom’s chuckle was so low and throaty, Abe’s dick jerked in his
CaRo
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the story, it was well written as expected 🙃 the relationship between Abe (hate the name btw) and Dom was sweet but not hot. I am just not fond of such huge age gaps. I love this series hope there are many more books to come!
Chris
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
So Dom finally got his man - Abe ! Really enjoyed this pair but felt like it absolutely flew !!! There was some solid tension in this storyline but it seemed to have resolved super quickly - a few more chapters may have added to the drama 🙂. This is a great series ... this was probably not my favorite but it was solid all the same.
Bo
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Bev
This was a bit of a let down and that's all down to Dom being an idiot and in spite of silver fox hottie Abe. 'Nuff said 🙄
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

“I like it a lot more than I expected, and I expected to love it.”

This series has been a bit of a crapshoot for me. The balance between pacing, suspense, action, chemistry, cheese-factor, steam, and plot has been off and inconsistent in this spinoff series.

I'm finding it difficult to truly sink my teeth into the stories and characters, and more times than not, I'm left feeling like a reader wh
Ariana
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: not-for-me, ku, age-gap
Nope. This one was not for me.

It had a lot of potential with the quite substantial age gap of 18 years between the MCs, a tricky situation and the presence of all the guys at Ward security.
But, as events unfolded, I couldn't help rolling my eyes again and again. It felt as if the authors are finally running out of ideas and as a result come up with some very questionable plot lines.
I have touched upon what bothered me in my updates and could go on, but will leave it at that.

Not sure I will retur
Josy
~ 4.5 stars ~

For me, this was the best book in the series so far.

I really liked the MCs, Abe and Dom, and the connection they shared. I would call this one a slow burn, friends-to-lovers trope because the MCs have known each other for quite some time. They first met in Dantès Unglued and they kept in contact and became friends after that.

Abe was resistant to Dom's very obvious flirting and attempts at seduction for quite some time - not only because of the 18 year age gap between them but also b
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Overall this was an okay read for me a bit OTT but entertaining enough.
Amanda
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sadistic Sherlock is another great addition to the series that I love. We have an age gap romance between Dominic and Shane's dad Abe and some added suspense with Dom's past coming back to haunt him. I was a bit disappointed that we skip the whole Dom meeting Abe for the first time thing and how they developed their friendship over the months. We are smack right in the middle of their budding friendship with Dom persistently trying to seduce Abe to start something with him. For those new readers ...more
haletostilinski
Ah, I loved this one. This was probably my favorite of the Ward Security series. Dom and Abe just had amazing chemistry and the story was interesting and intriguing (although the evil twin thing made me laugh).

I admit I forgot who Abe was at the start of this, and I looked back at the past book summaries to see if I could recall who he was related to, and then I read the one for Dantes Unglued and then it clicked. Right! Shane from the second book.

I had barely remembered Abe, except I did reme
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.75 stars.

I've loved the duo's books for a while now and I was excited for this one. I love a good age gap romance and this was exactly what I wanted to read when I read it. Sadistic Sherlock was a good book and I'm excited for more by them in the future.
Natalie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
All the fun and drama I expected

Dom has been pursuing Shane’s dad Abe since book one and a few months later, Abe finally starts to bend. At the same time, Dom’s past starts interfering and endangering them both. It’s the same sort of formula for suspense used in the other books, where Rowe and the security team close ranks to protect their own. In this case Dom was kind of dumb, since he didn’t go to anyone for help, even when he knew Abe was in danger and from whom and how many. That didn’t mak
Teri
I really liked these characters and the slow burn between them and they were pretty explosive and hot together, but the drama part of this one just killed me. I was upset with the way Dom handled things and I was just like..not feeling that part of it.(view spoiler)
Leigh
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Ward Security series has been a very enjoyable spin off to the Unbreakable Bonds but I have to say Sadistic Sherlock was my favorite. I loved Dom and Abe, their chemistry was great. I loved their friendship and Dom's constant flirting but what I loved the most was Abe finally letting himself be happy. No book in this series would be complete without some kind of trouble and of course Rowe. I'm also loving the bonds that are being created by this new group. I'm looking forward to wha
Karen
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down because no 1/2 stars here on GR and another awesome buddy read with my besties Josy, Christelle & Simone. Hopefully a full review will follow soonish...but so far I'd have to say this was my favorite in this series.
Lyndy Ann ♫
This is the fourth adventure with the Ward Security team this time around we get to know more about Dominic Walsh’s life and his mysterious past.

Sadistic Sherlock has a different feel to it that the previous books in the Ward Security series as Dom and Abe are already friends, they met when Dom protected Abe in Dantes Unglued.

Dom has made it clear from the start that he is interested in more than a friendship with Abe, but Abe has put them firmly in the friend zone.

Abe Stephens is coming up to h
Bitchie
This was a pretty decent story, although Dom frustrated me a lot. He works for this top notch security/bodyguard firm, and something his past crops up, threatening him and his new boyfriend, you'd THINK he'd go straight to Rowe or one of his closest friends, but he tries to deal with it himself instead. There were a couple of moments I considered dumb here, but what can you do?

But I did like Dom and Abe's relationship. There's a pretty big age difference, but it wasn't ever treated as a big deal
Santy
4.5 Stars Rounded up because I freaking loved this book!

This is currently my favourite book of the series with no close contender. I adored Dom and Abe. They were perfect for each other. Their love and connection was so believable I could virtually touch it. The banter they tossed at each other so easily and the outrageous words made me laugh. I also loved how affectionate Abe was to Dom who clearly needed it.

The situation with Dom’s past was handled perfectly. It was equal parts scary and funn
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, lbr, ebook
Another winner from this dynamic authorly duo. While I don’t feel quite the same connection to this group as I did with the Protectors gang, their stories are still engaging, exciting and all around page turners. This was no different. And, there is the added bonus of catching glimpses of the other guys here and there. But, in this installment, we have a somewhat different dynamic. Dom, who we know from the previous books, has been trying to woo the older Abe, Dom’s friend and co-worker Shane’s ...more
Alex
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, suspense
I really love this series and this characters.

I was curious about Dominic since his first introduction in book one and I loved him.
I'm usually not a huge fan of age gap but I found myself enjoying a few stories with those lately and this one is beautifully done as well.

The story begins with Dominic and Abe already friends and the feelings already there. It surprised me a little at first because it was like we missed a whole story here but no... We didn't missed anything and what followed was re
BR with Karen, Josy, Simone and Christelle 509 8 Oct 14, 2018 10:11AM
A former Cincinnati native, Jocelynn briefly lived in the wintery wonderland of Wisconsin before mounds of snow had her running for the sun-kissed beaches of South Florida. She started writing when she was 12, spending one summer re-writing the story of Robin Hood because it really needed a kick butt female character. Since those early days, she’s written fantasy, romance, horror, science-fiction, ...more

Ward Security (5 books)
  • Psycho Romeo (Ward Security, #1)
  • Dantès Unglued (Ward Security, #2)
  • Deadly Dorian (Ward Security, #3)
  • Jackson (Ward Security, #3.5)