Start by marking “The Night Shift (Sam Pope #1)” as Want to Read:
The Night Shift (Sam Pope #1)

The Night Shift

(Sam Pope #1)

A TERRORIST ATTACK. A ROGUE SOLDIER. A RELENTLESS HUNT FOR THE TRUTH.

Sam Pope was one of the UK’s finest soldiers, serving over a decade as an elite sniper. After a near fatal shooting brings an end to his career, Sam returns home to his family and a potential new career in the Metropolitan Police. When disaster strikes and his bond with his family is broken, Sam takes a j
Published September 8th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published September 8th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Night Shift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Shift

Start your review of The Night Shift (Sam Pope #1)
Tony Parsons
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
London, England. Southwark Crown Court. Chris Morton’s (drug pusher) lawyer had done a remarkable job representing him.
Catriona Crouch’s family was furious. She had been raped.
The Judge ruled in Chris favor & he walked out of the courthouse a free man.
Or so he thought, until he spied Mark Conner (fixer, East End gangster) setting on a bench.
Brian Stack (East End gangster advisor, driver) was waiting in the car to pick the 2 of them up to go for a ride.
Samuel “Sam” Pope (Metropolitan PD archive
Yvonne Davies
Sam Pope was ex forces, now working in the archives of Scotland Yard. An unimposing man who was a bit of a loner. But he had a secret he worked the night shift. However, he forced to decide whether to break a promise or walk away.
Sam Pope was one of the most bad ass characters that I have read in a while. A man of action trained to be the best, who had a sense of justice. He kept himself to himself and was underestimated by many that he worked with. After a bombing at the London Marathon, he kne
Dilwyn R
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Someone has already mentioned that this book needed more editing. In my opinion it needed more research, or any, together with some police knowledge! It's based on the premise that the Detective Sergeant in charge of the Counter Terrorism Unit isn't just driven but corrupt and that he's got the wrong side of a Special Forces sniper who is employed as a filing clerk in the Met. A bit unlikely to say the least. I'm sorry Robert but the Met Counter Terrorism Command consists of 1,500 Detectives and ...more
AWolf
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is really pretty terrible. 3 stars for the plot. 1 star for execution. This averages a 2 [generous] star rating. The writing is sophomoric, at best. I can imagine a teenager sitting down and writing it after a rigorous round of playing violent video games, and no other background to write this genre. First rule for a new author: write about a subject you know about, and that obviously didn't happen here. I understand why this author is "self-published."
What I can't even begin to understand
Maria
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
An action filled roller coaster of a story! Lots of violence, bodily harm, blood, guts and gore. Which is not to everyone's taste but sometimes it's nice to see justice delivered in fiction as it sometimes isn't in real life. The characters are well drawn, the hero is damaged but still likeable, as are the secondary good guys while the “bad guys” are rotten to the core! I can easily see this as an action movie... If I have a reservation it's at the negative portrayal of the police officers since ...more
dennis barron
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Night Shift. Robert Enright

To say this is an action packed thriller is a tremendous understatement. This is a suspenseful riveting read from the first to last page. Sam Pope an elite British soldier and now an archive employee in the Metropolitan Police Department has a cache of personal demons to battle with. He unintentionally gets caught up in a major incident of police corruption. It's a battle he is not afraid to take on. Extremely well written novel. Enjoyed immensely!
Isabella Le Roux
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fast past action novel to read.
I fell in love with Sam Pope from page one. Forever being the soldier that services and protects. He just can’t help himself and then when the very system that is suppose to protect you turns out to be the very one that wants to kill you, what do you do? You become Sam Pope and survive.
Definitely, a must read if you want to lose yourself totally between the pages of a book. You cannot put down the book before it's finished.
Absolutely loved the book and can
i.s. wallace
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book let down by too many mistakes

This should have been a five star review about a story that was all action and really exciting to read. The main problem is the number of printing errors throughout the book which for me really spoilt it. If more time had been spent proof reading the story before releasing it this would most definitely be a five star review but as it is I can only give it four.
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast and Furious!!!

I've been searching recently for a book that would be pounding and grip me from the beginning to the end. And this book has done that and much more. What a central character....the personal demons that keep you guessing until all is revealed. The other characters also have so much depth and the storyline is gripping. It has everything. Brilliant.
Tanya
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He suffered a life threatening injury while on the job so he returns to his family and takes a new job. Now he is happy but it won't last as an attack happens and he tries to find out what is going to happen. Follow him as he tries to find the person behind it
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Bradley Ford
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book from beginning to end. It really is a true page turner (even if I did read it on my Kindle haha). It has action all the way through until the very last moment and it keeps you wanting to read more and more. This is the first book I have read from this author and will be reading a lot more of his stuff.
Samuel murphy
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great fast moving action packed thriller from first page to last cleverly linking Sam Pope’s military past to present day. Characters involved in story linked into it seamlessly from both the good and the evil. A great book which when started I could not put down until finished. Highly recommended.
Simon
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
It was OK. A couple of things.
A great deal of violence which would be expected, but unnecessarily descriptive in my view.
The interactions between the various police officers, and departments, came across as inaccurate and confused - not that I'm an expert - but seemed phoney.
john parry
Jun 01, 2020 rated it liked it
HMMMM...

I enjoyed the book...same as story line as others have tried...enjoyed the character as in Sam Pope.
Perhaps I’m trying to place it up against Jack Reacher...but I’m willing to give the next one a chance.
Debra H. Wruble
Gruesome

Well written and graphic novel about a former soldier turned ex-cop vigilante. Many deserving criminals meet their fate before internal affairs starts investigating. Great read.
barbara pint
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review

Lots of action too descriptive at times but still very likable. I recommend this book highly. Kept me reading too late in the night.
Freddie Butterfield
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pleasantly Surprised

A good book with a story that ticks along nicely. A good lead character. I enjoyed this book and motored through it, usually a good sign😁😁
Patrick Lea
Mar 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
What a load of tripe!!!
Annelle Wells
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting

The book was hard to put down. It was sad about Jamie. It's good to see good win over evil. I would recommend this book and this writer to anyone.
Roger
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good book, look forward to next.
Carole
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good
Angela  Klein
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gripping thriller

For those who like thriller series, this #1 in the Sam Pope series will be held in suspense from the first chapter. Am looking forward to continuing the series!
martin robinson
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read...

Every major city in the world needs Sam Pope...

All Jack Reacher fans should read this!!

Can't wait to read The Takers..
Marilyn A. Land
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. It is exaggerated, violent and sad in many ways but it moves quickly, let's the good guys win, and introduces a wonderful hero. Wild ride.
Mr m j Rumball
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Night Shift

A great book fast paced and full of action . First book I've read by Enright . Have downloaded second book in Pope series .
Lou
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book on Tuesday, now it’s Wednesday and I'm trying to write my review. This is going to be a hard review to write!
This book totally blew me away. It was amazing from start to finish! The plot flows from scene to scene with ease. Sam Popes past and present are all intricately woven together throughout this story. The Night Shift is extremely well written, it was clear to me Mr Enright has put a lot of time, love, energy and research into the details and events in this boo
Gareth Powell
Sep 02, 2020
Christian Vinther
Aug 04, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Blatant Lies (Reese Cannon Thriller #1)
  • The Poison Path (DI Hogarth Poison Path #1)
  • The Dentist (The DS Cross mysteries Book 1)
  • Shock: A Gripping Mystery Suspense Medical Thriller (book 1 of 5)
  • Straight Shot (Tom Keeler #1)
  • Too Far Gone
  • Ivory Nation (Gabriel Wolfe #10)
  • Implant (DI Gardener #3)
  • Remember Me? : (Book One): A DCI McKenzie Crime Thriller
  • Winter Territory (Jack Widow, #2)
  • Looks that Deceive
  • The Snowman of Zanzibar (Jason Green, #1)
  • Black Daylight (Jack Widow #11)
  • The Fix (Rick Fuller #1)
  • Three Kingdoms (Gabriel Wolfe #9)
  • Endless Evil (Pruitt County Mysteries, #1)
  • Where The Truth Lies (DI Ridpath #1)
  • Calculated Deception (The Calculated, #1)