Start by marking “Tainted” as Want to Read:
Tainted

Tainted

(St. Cecilia Slayings #1)

And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. - Mark 7:20-23

The streets of Boston are running red with blood.
It isn’t the first time, either.
Forget the history of this city; it’s what happened nearly nine-years-ago that continues to haunt us all.
Especially me.
They say obsessions can destroy you.
Well, I’m here to tell you that’s a fact.
A serial kille
Published March 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tainted, please sign up.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡ Cover Reveal - March 13
Release Blitz - March 26…more
Cover Reveal - March 13
Release Blitz - March 26(less)

Start your review of Tainted
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Here's the thing...
When I see that N. Isabelle Blanco is coming out with something new, it automatically gets added to my TBR.
I don't need to know the title or see the blurb.
And it doesn't just sit there.
Nope, I've got to read it as soon as it drops because that's not only how I roll when it comes to her books, but I know I'm in for one heck of a ride when I read it.
No two stories are alike, even when it's an interconnected series.
No two characters are alike, meaning there's a ton of hot, alpha
Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 fucking intense stars.

This story is intense. It’s bloody. It’s sexy. It’s obsession in more than one way.

The prologue of this story is essentially a jump to what I assume for now will be the end. Our hero is catching a killer that he’s been looking for for years. We don’t know who the killer is, but we know they know the hero intimately.

After that we start in I suppose where the entire story begins. Where the hero starts his obsession with the killer. Then finally jumping to present tense-is
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

Dark, disturbing and oh so hot! Blanco and Garcia have such a thrilling way of telling a story. I can't believe that this is the first book they write as a duo because they were definitely born to write together.

Tainted is a book filled with layers of mystery, bloody plot twists, and sins.
From page one I was hooked and could not for the life of me tear myself away until the end, and what a motherfucking end.

It might be a short book, but is definitely a thrill ride of great writing and fascinat
⏃ : ✦ villainous_vixen ⏃ : ✦
***4.5 TAINTED LOVE Stars***

"She's heaven. She's hell. The ultimate test of my morality."

You send me right to heaven
Sweet serial killer
(I guess I'll see him over)
Do it for the thrill of it all
Love you just a little too much, much

Dee Garcia & N. Isabelle Blanco are a force to be reckoned with. This book has it all, it's dark, gritty, and packs a mean punch. We have a murder. . . a cold case that Maverick our hero is hell bent on finding the killer. With the ongoing investigation h
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

MIND. FREAKING. BLOWN.

WHO THE HELL DONE IT?!

My first book by both authors Dee Garcia and N. Isabelle Blanco and all I can say is that THEY SLAYED ME.

Tainted is a fast paced, page turner of a book that keeps you searching for clues, thinking like a mad person, and becoming obsessed! It has a storyline that will reel you in so quick... IT’S ADDICTIVE.

It’s dark and twisty, full of guesses and turns, mystery, erotic suspense, blood splatter, steamy af, and sins.

A whole lot of b
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
This book is fucking DELICIOUS! It’s dark and gory and sexy and just... crazy. I loved it! What a crazy ride. Tainted definitely had my heart pounding! I am DYING to know what happens next!
Jennifer McGurk Finn
This is the first book in the St. Cecilia Slayings Series by N. Isabelle Blanco and Dee Garcia. I’m kinda sorry I started this series since I’m gonna have to wait till August for the conclusion. I know this book is fiction but there was something in the beginning that really irked me. I was a police officer for over ten years and first I must say no patrol officer is getting his own desk. And a beat cop would rarely be inside unless he’s arrested someone or at the beginning and end of his shift. ...more
Ri
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never thought I would have a moment where I would relish the idea of reading about anything having to do with the Catholic church again. When I left the church almost 30 years ago after years of Catholic school I told myself NEVER again would it suck me back in. I could have been the poster child for Catholic School Gone Bad. #TrueStory. Leave it to these two authors to drag me back in and actually have me look forward to it. I am not sure if they are God's helpers or Satan's mistresses but if ...more
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Tainted" is a fast paced, sexy short read that is the first in a six part series. Readers will be given a glimpse into what's to come for this dark alluring, sinful read while bordering on the thin line of what’s right and wrong.

A determined Detective...

A killer on the loose…

One jaw dropping showdown..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Maverick has been dealing with his own demons for the past eight years and finding the serial killer who has put the city of Boston on edge, has been his number one goal. But it’s been
Hermilene
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
The story was gripping and interesting but my issue is that this part was too short to really form an opinion about it, so I'm waiting to read the others parts.
But what I can say is that this book like all the books involving Isabelle Blanco was very intense, the attraction, lust at the first sight between Maverick and the heroine was off the chart, I love the fact that the heoine was so self assured, a woman owning her sexuality.
I'm curious to read the next novelette.

I received a free copy of t
Evalyne
Jul 08, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
couldn't finish...
Jayne
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anytime you see something written by these two authors, whether together or individually, pick it up. You won’t be disappointed.

This prequel to a new series is no exception in their combined endeavors. Good lord but it’s a fun read. I started it and finished it in one sitting; it’s not a long book.

This book is a mystery thriller. Men are being murdered and the police have been unable to catch the killer for eight years. Maverick, one of the detectives on the case, has been connected to it sinc
Sierra Clothier
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What strikes me immediately from the first few pages of this story is that it's meticulously planned out. These two authors created this world where religion and crime collide, and it's mesmerizing. You think you know who the killer is from the first few pages...but do you? There are quotes from The Bible at the top of each chapter, and they are extremely important. Between the world building and the quotes, you just get the feeling that these two authors stay for hours planning each chapter, ea ...more
Paperback Princess
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow weeee...this prequel was short and to the point and fanfkntastic!!! Tainted gave me all the Basic Instinct feels and I need more. Thank you to Dee Garcia and N. Isabelle Blanco for generously providing the ARC...I look forward to more of this series.
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Holy Crap on a Cracker! This book was Hot as Hell! ...and Deliciously Twisty! I absolutely love Blanco! Everything she writes is golden! I was so excited when this book was in the works because I knew it would be another addictive read but I was so not prepared for Tainted! Blanco and Garcia have completely obliterated my mind! They bring us a whole new meaning to Dark and twisted! I most definitely need to go to confession this week! Lord pray for me because my greedy little heart is full on lu ...more
Reckless Readers
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book about obssesion created one in me

I absolutely recommend this story!
However I must warn it touches on religion, each chapter has a bible verse, if you find this offensive that please don't go in.

This is a 6 book series and personally the small part we are invited on book 1 was not enough, here we meet our hero and the object of his obssesion and yet there was so much more. Secrets, and plot twist are brewing, off course as a reader these are just opinions because this book sucked ne in the
Katydidnt_doit
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tainted combines 2 of my favorite loves, murder mystery and romance, into one heart racing, edge of my seat, what’s going to happen next books.

Maverick Quinn is our flawed hero in need of redemption. He’s out to prove himself after nearly destroying his career and himself with his obsession. Quinn is the character you find yourself rooting for, hoping he can redeem himself but also disappointed in when he slips up. He’s perfectly flawed.
I was held prisoner from the epilogue to the very last
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Tainted by N. Isabelle Blanco & Dee Garcia is the first book in the St. Cecilia Slayings Series. This starts the story of Maverick Quinn and Kiera Dubois.
Maverick is a detective that is looking for a serial killer that has been terrorizing his town. Maverick is almost borderline obsessed with find the killer. Then Kiera enter the picture, a beautiful socialite that is very distracting for him.
I can't wait for the next installment to see what is happening next with them and the killer.

Emily (Mrs B's Books)

This is a deliciously dark book with so many twists and turn that you have no idea what is coming next.

We have Maverick, our detective who has a darkness in his soul and is consumed with a cold case that has just opened up again, taking him down the rabbit hole and into a place he has struggled with before.

Then we have our female masked killer who teases him and takes him further down the rabbit hole taunting him a
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️

* I am not big on the whole God stuff, but I get it
** I am also not big on novella series books

So I wanted something different, and I jumped into this book Tainted having only read the blurb. The first chapter threw me, so I was all in. This first book was all over the place for me, and the characters are twisted and deprived, but you have no real idea on what the heck is going on. So it makes you want to continue to read.

I enjoyed the twists and turns that went on in this book. So I jumped
Michelle Krystel
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. I am rating this book 4.5 stars. These two ladies writing together have come up with a great story, that can't wait for part two now. I also believe I figured out who the killer is, but I'll keep that to myself.
Marika
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Niddy and after reading most of her books, I know I am going to love whatever she writes..and by God, she is one twisted lady..and that's why I love her!
Maverick and Keira set the stage for what shapes up to be an amazing series of novellas..
It's going to be dark and brutal and a mind f...and I can barely wait!!!! So excited for what's to come!
Dreamer's Books
Maverick is investigating a cold case involving a serial killer. He meets Kiera while investigating and the two have an intense chemistry that is taboo. This is more like a short prequel in the start of a new series.

I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and am leaving a review.
Teresa Lara
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this new series.Omg had me on Edge ready for book 2 loved this.Mav and Kiera yes plz.
CL Westbrook
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous book that you will love to read. An amazing book. I just couldn't put it down. A must read xx
Sandra
Shelves: arc
Page turner from the start.....

Tainted by N. Isabelle Blanco and Dee Garcia is full of twists and turns. From the very page to the end the story keeps you in suspense.

You have Maverick the detective on the scene. You have Kiera Dubois a popular socialite.

Maverick is searching for a serial killer that's been haunting his town for years, drowning in it because it's a cold case and hes determined to find the killer. He meets Kiera throughout the investigation. They have an instant connection, quest
Tiffany
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What. Did. I. Just. Read.

This is my first book by either author and I am a total fan. Edge of your seat, page turner! The suspense in this story is off the charts. Sexy as hell, grab some panties - you will need them! I am kinda at a loss for words....this is a short read but so damn good. I can. not. wait. for the rest!

"She's heaven. She's hell. The ultimate test of my morality."
Kasie Kidd
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC copy. Wasn’t sure what I was expecting. Love Dees work but new to Isabella’s work, so I had somewhat of an idea what to expect. Once I started reading it wasn’t my typical choice of reads but I kept going and there were HOT scenes that I loved! Definitely can’t wait for the next to come out and see what these two continue working on together.
Abegaile
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tainted is the first of the St. Cecilia series, written by the dynamic duo: Dee Garcia and N. Isabelle Blanco. Now I'm no stranger to Ms. Blanca's work; I've been a devoted acolyte since the very first time I read her written words. This is however, my first introduction to Ms. Garcia's writing: and you can bet I'm now a fan and will soon be devouring whatever stories she has out!

But I digress....

Tainted is a dark, erotic crime thriller. Although set in modern day Boston, I feel like this book g
Renee
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The streets of Boston are running red with blood. It isn't the first time either. Forget the history of this city. It's what happened nearly nine years ago that continues to haunt us all. Especially Me. They say obsessions can destroy you. Well I'm here to tell you that's a fact. A serial killer played games with us once, leaving our heads spinning. I chased them down, threw my whole life into chaos.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Jagger
  • Venom
  • Snare
  • Volatile Obsessions
  • Aggro
  • Birdy (Upper Echelon Duet #1)
  • Enthralled (The Enslaved Duet #1)
  • Sloth (The Elite Seven, #6)
  • Wrath (The Elite Seven, #3)
  • Lost Girl
  • A Cut so Deep (Thornes & Roses, #1)
  • Red Hot Winter
  • Cold Queen
  • The Younger Man
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Enzo
  • Pride (The Elite Seven, #2)
  • Beautifully Brutal (Cavalieri Della Morte #1)
N. Isabelle Blanco is the Amazon Bestselling Author of the Allure Series, the Need Series with K.I.Lynn, and many others. At the age of three, due to an odd fascination with studying her mother’s handwriting, she began to read and write. By the time she’d reached kindergarten, she had an extensive vocabulary and her obsession with words began to bleed into every aspect of her life.

That is, until

St. Cecilia Slayings (6 books)
  • Corrupted