Start by marking “Pelvic Flaws” as Want to Read:
Pelvic Flaws

Pelvic Flaws

(An American in the UK #2)

Pelvic Flaws, one woman's struggle with wet knickers and sweaty boobs.

When one sneeze can ruin your day.

I’m Katie Grainger, I’m 45 years old, a divorced mother of three, slightly annoying at times, but always loveable, kids and I can wet myself at the drop of hat. Actually, it’s more like a sneeze or a cough than a drop of a hat, but whatever the re
Kindle Edition, 1, 385 pages
Published November 15th 2018 by Bubble Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Pelvic Flaws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pelvic Flaws

Start your review of Pelvic Flaws
Siobhan
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The problem with Nikki Ashton books is they’re insanely addictive. Once you start reading, you cannot put the book down. You find you need to finish in a single sitting, curious to see how everything comes together, desperate for more. Which is great, except for the fact I seem to make a habit of starting Nikki Ashton books in the early hours of the morning. This means I regularly go without sleep – and my neighbours too, most likely, as I chuckle so hard I’m sure they hear me.

Althou
Pamela
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Katie and Dex were hilarious in this book. Katie is the kind of woman you can relate to in your 40's. Dex was hot and thought Katie was adorable and cute with all her quirks. This is a great rom-com read. Pick it up today.
Jan
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com
4.5 belly laugh stars.

"I think you call it pre-love" he stated.
"The stage between love and like."
"What, like pre-cum?"

British humour, I love it and I entered into Pelvic Flaws with it in abundance. I found my Soul Sista in Katie, she's the type of woman who I could identify with and you know when some things happen and you can either laugh or cry about it? Well, I would rather laugh, I adored Katie.

"Stop panicking, it's not a problem, honestly."
"It is. I have grey pubes, Mandy, It's awful, I'm officially old."
"Honestly, it's a good thing. Think of it
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
One of the best romcoms I’ve ever read! EVER! What a delightfully funny and heartwarming story. I connected with this book AND Katie in so many ways. I couldn't stop laughing. If you love romcoms, I swear you will not be disappointed if you chose to read Pelvic Flaws. I can truly tell you that you are missing out if you don't check out this book. The author is incredibly talented with writing comedy, the pace was fast and when I turned the last page, I realized I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Katie, D
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Pelvic Flaws was absolutely hilarious. I fell in love with Katie and Dex instantly.

This was my first Nikki Ashton book I've read and I know without a doubt I'll go and read her backlist.

Pelvic Flaws had everything I want in a romantic comedy. If you're looking for a fun, sexy and flirty read this book is for you.

Reviewed by: Heather S.
Em Taylor
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're going to purchase Pelvic Flaws by Nikki Ashton and you're a lady over the age of 40, I suggest to purchase a maxi pack of Tena lady first off - you're going to need them. Also don't read this in the waiting room of your psychiatrist's office. You persistent guffawing to yourself might give them cause to section you.

That said, please don't let that put you off buying it. It's freaking hilarious. It's easily the funniest book I've read this year. I work for a well-known pizza company an
Stephanie
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not my first Nikki Ashton read, at this point I have become addicted to her writing and characters. I was delighted to receive an ARC of Pevic Flaws. Whilst reading this I discovered my "Pelvic Flaws." Nikki Ashton has once again hit the jackpot with this little beauty. I laughed so hard at places that my pelvic floor was in need of attention and I developed a "snort" I kid you not!! As usual with one of Nikki's books it's so additive that you can't put it down. In Pelvic Flaws we meet t ...more
Stacey Broadbent
Shelves: favourites
Omg how has it taken me this long to read a Nikki Ashton book?? Pelvic Flaws had me giggling all the way through. It was hilarious!

Katie is a middle aged woman going through menopause. As a woman who has had three children and her fair share of embarrassing moments, I found Katie to be easy to relate to. She’s so real, if that makes sense. She’s not a perfectly made up woman, and I think that’s why I like her so much. She could be me.
Dex is a middle aged Texan guy now living in
Tracey
Loved it

I was hooked from the beginning, the start was amusing, book club sounded just like me and my girly friends talking 😃

Katie is a divorcee with 3 kids, she's your run of the mill woman, doesn't see her own strengths, has typical age 45+ issues, along with a very honest voice.

Okay I'm considering doctoring some of my bags if it brings a Dex into my life...... bugger I'm married so that won't be a good idea lol

Dex is the perfect silver fox and
She's a Lip Biter
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

This book is bloody hilarious, I have never had to stop reading from crying with laughter so much before. I have watched my mum and aunts go through the change and could so see Katie's problems in them, this book has however made me dread the change. God, I don't want it to happen lol.

Katie is fantastic throughout this book causing one laugh out loud moment after another, she wears her heart on her sleeve and she really is beautiful flaws, that only she sees and all. And th
Caroline F
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another cracking read from this author!

"His accent was broad and sexy and made me want to put on a pair of Daisy Dukes and ride across a ranch, on a horse called Champion."

Katie Grainger is middle-aged, menopausal, and has three kids. She hasn't really been with anyone in years -since her divorce. When she meets sexy, tattooed, silver-fox Dex Michaels in the local pizza place, she does so in spectacular embarrassing style!

"This woman is like no one I've ever met before. She's funny and cute, ha
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
Pelvic Flaws was OUTRAGEOUSLY funny. There were numerous times when I found myself laughing out loud.

What drew me into the book was the fact that it was about fortysomethings. Sometimes you just want to read a book about more mature characters. Which is funny considering how much I laughed while reading. Of course the kids in this provided much of the entertainment.

I only wish there was more spacing between paragraphs when the story cut to another scene. It went from a couple kissing in
Sandra Loves Reading
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I've read by Nikki Ashton and I have to say it's brilliant in my opinion.
I sniggered and laughed my way through it, recognising myself in so many of the "moments" that Katie had, and I'm not just talking about the menopausal symptoms!
Katie and Dex are wonderful characters, warts and all!
It's not often that you see books where the main characters are 40+ and "normal". Kudos to Nikki Ashton for taking the chance and writing this story, it's definitely
Within The Pages Book Blog
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Pelvic Flaws, Dex and Katie meet after a chance encounter one day. They continue to run into each other in odd circumstances, and one day decide to give it a go with each other. Katie is a divorced mom of three, and Dex is a tattoo artist who owns his own shop. So much fun happens watching this couple become just that.

I love, love, loved this book and these characters! It is set in the UK, so picking up some of the lingo was a little difficult, but I cannot recommend this enough! There
Becky Baldridge
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pelvic Flaws is a terrific mix of sweet, sexy, and laugh out loud hilarious. This story has everything I love in a romance, including a positively swoon-worthy silver fox. Dex is maybe a little too perfect, but he's just right for this romance and he's the best book boyfriend I've come across. Every woman needs a Dex in their life. Katie is a hot mess with a great sense of humor, which comes in pretty handy when you're raising three kids and dealing with menopause. The romance isn't perfect, and ...more
JL Roberts
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***Arc was given by author for an honest review***

OMG I laughed so hard I peed a little:D

Katie and Dex, from the very beginning, are perfect for each other. Katie is hilarious (though she is not trying) and Dex loves it. Dex is a sexy tatooed, tattoo artist who grabs Katie's attention from the get-go. Though it takes more than one run in for the two to get together. When they do Katie can't believe it, she has very low self-esteem and doesn't believe a guy like Dex will l
Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
4 stars!

Oh my gah! This book had me laughing so hard at some points I was crying!
Katie and all her clumsiness was hilarious!
When Katie and Dex meet it was like insta lust!
A series of events happen and it leads to Katie and Dex going out on their first date.

Katie feels like she comes with too much baggage and over thinks things at every turn.

Dex thinks that she is perfect for him.
Pelvic Flaws and all.

I'm going to stop before I spoil something!
But y'all gotta r
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

This story was an absolute pleasure to read. It was lovely to have a book about a more mature relationship and read the calamity that is Katie. I laughed and just plain grinned a lot while reading this story.

Katie is so relatable with her hot sweats and self-doubts. I loved her parenting skills and the hilarious thoughts that run rampant in her head. Katie's Mum is a real character too and made me cringe with her flirty, no filter personality. Dex is just wonderful; I imagin
Lisa Hill
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my days! I absolutely loved this book! Katie Grainger is my spirit animal. Her relationship with the people in her life resonated so much with me.

Katie is a 45 year old woman dealing with divorce, the menopause and a non-existent love life. She bumps into Dex at a local pizza house; he’s hot, attractive and attentive. She’s everything he didn’t realise he was looking for.

Another chance encounter leads to a healthy dose of instalust and thus, a relationship begins. The pace of the
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful and entertaining story this is throughout. Dex and Katie are great characters, and the attraction between them is intense. This is a beautifully written story, which is realistic, hilarious, and with too many laugh-out-loud moments to count. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I cannot wait to read more from this talented author, and I highly recommend for all readers who love second chance love stories.
Pauline Cassie
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dex Michaels is a Texan living and working in the UK. Katie is a single mother of three who, after separating from her husband of 18 years has had a four year 'dry spell'!

Let's just say that when Dex and Katie meet, his 'Southern Gentleman' charm comes out in force.

His treatment and protection of Katie is wonderful to read and those of you with daughters will wish for a Dex as a son-in-law, that's for sure.

Katie's entourage of children, extended family, friend
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book right here had me LOL, snorting and waking my other half up whilst reading in bed.
Pelvic Flaws brings serious issues like divorce, menopause and starting life over again with the worries of a middle-aged romance, but the author has an hilarious way of getting this on page. I can't wait to dive into more of her work.
The characters are so loveable with zero filter, just the way I like them.

⛔⛔⛔SOME SPOILERS⛔⛔⛔

Katie now single mum to 3, been traded in for a y
Alicia Harrietha
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell!!!! This was one of the funniest books I have read in a while. Maybe because I am 40, but I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants many times. Pelvic Flaws by Nikki Ashton was a book I could not put down until I finished.

Without giving too many details because I want this book to be organic when you read it. A story of a divorced women in her 40’s that not only has to deal
With the single life she has to endure all the things many women face when they hit a specific age, one
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pelvic Flaws - Nikki Ashton
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

A fabulous story with so many feels.
Nikki Ashton has written a truly wonderful story of second chance love but with an incredibly humorous twist.

Dex and Katie are characters you can’t help but love. Their individual stories combine to create a rollicking fun read with depth and emotion and the fact that Katie is a forty something woman, battling the symptoms of menopause only endears her more to me. Her hilarious descriptions and mis
Emma Johnston
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by this author but it won't be the last. One word - hilarious.

Katie is a divorced mum of 3, and going through what every woman does at her age. Dex Michael's is a silver fox with tattoos to drool over. He is super loyal to fault and Katie cannot believe her luck.

This book was so funny, it had me crying with laughter. I haven't ever read a book with an older couple but I loved it so much. What Katie is going through is real and the way the
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
A funny, at times hilarious, read that will leave you wanting more when you've finished reading! At the beginning I was a bit fearful that the story wasn't really going to be for me 'cuz of the topic but damn I absolutely enjoyed this story! Even though I'm not there yet as a woman personally, I really felt the characters and what they were going through. A perfect read and one that you'll definitely remember after you've finished it!

Katie is a newly divorced woman with kids and is feeling all
DrivenbyBooks
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*5 stars*

Katie is a newly divorced woman with kids and
Tracey Owen
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that will make you want to sit all day and not stop reading.
It's about a newly divorced woman, who like every other woman of 'a certain age' is going through the menopause.
The story tells of how she's swept off her feet, having feelings she hasn't felt for a while whilst, whilst trying to cope with her menopausal symptoms.
Nikki has a way of turning everyday life into a comedy.
This is a real laugh out loud book and a must read for every woman as it shows hit
Lauren Dempster
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my lordy, where to begin! This book had me laughing, cringing and properly grinning by the end. The characters are very relatable and down to earth. It's one of my top 3 this year 😍
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Pelvic Flaws by Nikki Ashton

5* review from Emerald Book Reviews

I'm seriously disappointed in myself for not having read this book so much sooner.  It quite literally ticked all of my boxes when it comes to what I expect and search for in a five star read.  This book is utterly hilarious, not just the dialogue and comedic timing, but the situations that these characters find themselves in.  And although there are plenty of laughs and grins to be had, it also ma
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tabloid Princess (Tabloid Princess #1)
  • Cherry Beats
  • Limp Dicks & Saggy Tits
  • All The Forbidden Things
  • Tears of Ink
  • Thirty-five and Single
  • Another Life
  • Pocketful of Us (Pocket #4)
  • Confessions Of A Frat Girl
  • Marked (Black Water Academy #1)
  • Say What You Feel (Chaos and Consent #2)
  • Finding My Fight
  • Hear What You Want (Chaos and Consent, #1)
  • Tears of Glass
  • Without Forever (Babylon MC, #5)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Pocketful of You (Pocket #3)
  • Animal Magnetism - The Protectors Book 2
I live in Cheshire with my husband, two dogs and mum in law and write romantic humour and contemporary romance. My first two books, Guess Who I Pulled Last Night? and No Bra Required both stayed at number 1 on the Amazon Humour list for 3 & 4 weeks respectively. My ambitions of becoming a writer started at the age of 10 when I started writing poetry at school, and was given the honour of readi ...more

An American in the UK (2 books)
  • Do You Do Extras?
“You want to see me to the door, Katie?”

“What, going so soon. You don’t want the chair and ropes brought in, or the lamp to shine in his face?”

“You know you’re not funny at all,” she huffed. “Now, are you going to see me out?”

“No, not really. You know where it is.”

She stared at me, her eyes wide.

“Oh,” I exclaimed. “You want to ask me about Dex instead of questioning him. You should have said so and then I could have told you it’s none of your business, he’s only here to help with my car.”
1 likes
“What can I do for you?”

I had no idea why he’d want to speak to me, but my heart was thudding and the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.

“Well,” he began. “I was wondering if you’d come to dinner with me.”

“Me,” I gasped.

Dex chuckled. “Yeah you, Katie.”

“Are you sure you mean me?”

He full on laughed. “Yeah, darlin’, I do mean you.”

“I…I don’t…I’d love to.”