Start by marking “A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)

(Soulbound #1)

When the gods come calling, you don’t get to say no.

Patrick Collins is three years into a career as a special agent for the Supernatural Operations Agency when the gods come calling to collect a soul debt he owes them. An immortal has gone missing in New York City and bodies are showing up in the wake of demon-led ritual killings that Patrick recognizes all too easily
Published September 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Ferry of Bones & Gold, please sign up.
Hailey Turner Hi Santy. I'm so sorry I never saw this come through! December was crazy all around for me. All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound 2) will release on…moreHi Santy. I'm so sorry I never saw this come through! December was crazy all around for me. All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound 2) will release on March 19, 2019.(less)

Start your review of A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
Simone
Audiobook: ***4 Stars*** (July 2019)

Gary Furlong rocked Jono's voice. The rest of the characters could have been a bit more distinctive, especially the female voices.

-----------------------------------------------

***4.5 Stars***
Magic, willed out from his tainted soul, spun itself into a pale, glowing blue sphere no bigger than a golf ball. It nestled against the curve of his hand, mostly hidden from sight.

It was one of those phone calls. One of those phone calls you are bound and
Wendy
https://www.google.com/search?q=blue rating stars

It is no secret that I am a big fan of Hailey Turner's"Metahuman"series. I fell deeply in love with the characters from that series, especially Kyle and Alexei...they were awesome. So when I found out she was releasing a new "Urban Fantasy" series, I was all in !!

Now I have got to be honest here and confess, that I don't exactly know, which of the books I have read, fall under the "Urban Fantasy" genre. I just know, that I love reading PNR and that I have definitely read my fair share of those,
Deborah
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Starting another re-read ready for the new release in 2 days

Re-read 8th - 10th September 2019.

Just as good third time round.

Re-read 21st - 23rd March 2019

Figured I’d best do a re-read before starting the new one.

Original review.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I’d irritate myself with my corniness I’d refer to this book as spellbinding.

Usually it takes me a chapter or two to settle into a book. To get a feel for it and see if I’m going to like it. This hooked me immediately. Which was surprising
Dia
It's my first book by this author and the first book in this series. I enjoyed the suspense and the world building even if paranormal is not my favorite. Now I really want to try The Metahumans series by this author. For some reason I postponed it.

I'll give this one 4 stars because it was intense and full of action. But it was exhausting to read. For me. As much as I loved the couple, there are SO many secondary characters. My head was spinning! And I am sorry to say this but I think it could
Cadiva
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Whisper it quietly but I think Hailey's written another amazing pair of lovers who might have just kicked Alexei and Sean to the curb in my list of favourites (but please don't let the Russian pyrotechnic know okay?!).

I am absolutely head over heels for Patrick and Jono, both individually and as a partnership. Patrick is every thing I love in a flawed hero, both metaphorically and literally as his magic has been damaged beyond repair when first we meet him.

Jono is a British boy, and every time
Len Evans Jr
Just perfection from start to finish!

Awesome book populated by wonderfully flawed characters with the perfect balance of action and romance! Full review tomorrow! Highly recommend it to all that love sexy paranormal stories!
Shin Mon Thway
I used to read a lot of mainstream urban fantasy books and they are one of my favorite genres. I love them because they are creative, wild, imaginative, magical and oh-so-fun. So I’m very pleasantly surprised when I found out Hailey Turner is writing one. And ding-ding-ding, I was on cloud nine when I found out again that Gary Furlong is going to do the narration of this book because we all know he’s my very favorite narrator. And all in all, this book met all my expectations.

In the
Lyn
Audio – 5 + Stars! I really enjoyed Gary Furlong’s performance. Not only does he give Jono a British accent to die for, he also does a great job with the New York accent he gives Casale. Yum! Too bad Patrick's character didn't call for an Irish Brogue..lol (that's me being greedy)

Story – 5 + Overwhelming but I loved it Stars!

I can’t even begin to review a book like this. Kudos to my GR friends who were able to.

All I have to say is, I read Hailey Turner books because I know I can count on tons of
Corina
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, urban-fantasy

A Ferry of Bones & Gold is my first book by this author but it won't be my last - I actually DEVOURED book 1 and 2 - and didn't want to leave the house at all this weekend. That's a fantastic sign if you ask me.

If you love UF, if you love MM, and if you loved Kate Daniels you'll love this series.

There was NOTHING I didn't enjoy about this book. Mainly because it had everything I love about a great UF series. A fantastic main couple that I could cheer on, lots of action, a great
Bev
I was so torn with this book. See, by the half way mark it really wasn't doing it for me and I set it aside. In fact, I returned it through KU. Then it started to niggle at me and wouldn't get out my thoughts so I downloaded it again and .... I'm glad I did.

Once the real action kicked it up a notch and the big reveals about Patrick's past started to flow I was hooked. But this needed to come way, way earlier in the story and this is where it lost its shine for me. The author's imagination and
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Although I am a big fan of Hailey Turner's Metahuman Files series, I was slow to pick up A Ferry of Bones & Gold. I haven't read an urban fantasy novel in years, and I worried that I would miss the romance. I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it.

Well, I enjoyed it. So much that while I still missed the romance, I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. A Ferry of Bones & Gold drew me in. Here's how:

*A compelling story that unfolds amid even more compelling world-building. As former
⚣Michaelle⚣
And of course the audio comes out less than a month after I've already read this...with Gary Furlong narrating. Looks like a re-read/listen is on the horizon!

20Aug2019: Yep, re-read via audio. Just as enjoyable this time around!

29Mar2019: 5 FULL STARS

I'd give it more if GR had them...it was that good.

The mythology, the magic, the plot, the action, the romance. Gah. I was up all night reading this (my eyes feel like I planted face first into a pile of sand) and I'm exhausted...but I'm totally
Montzalee Wittmann
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Soulbound, Book 1
By: Hailey Turner
Narrated by: Gary Furlong
This book was addicting! I love an alternative world, urban fiction with magic, weres, vampires, other magical creatures, ancient gods, and sorcerers. The plot is complex, well thought out, and unpredictable. Great world building! Of course you have to have love! Patrick and Jonathan, or Jono, keep things hot with their sex scenes.
I thought the narrator performed awesomely! I could distinguish each voice by
Alisa
I have a lot of feelings about this book. Most of them good. Some, not so much.

First the good. I loved the concept of the story and it was really good to see an actual urban fantasy that also includes a m/m romance. I loved Patrick and Jono and thought they were great together. They had a ton of chemistry and were smoking hot in the smexy scenes. Their relationship is fated mates kind of thing which I love. It's one of my favorite tropes so that was a giant win for me. I also really liked all of
~Volha~
All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine.

Socrates

Ms Turner has done it again. She brought new world and new magic into our lives. I would venture a guess that this is the best urban fantasy novel I've read to date. It is spectacular! I loved every page! Among humans and immortals, werewolves and vampires, mages and witches we find ourselves at the epicenter of an epic battle between good and evil. How much are people willing to sacrifice to become
Eugenia
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dang!

Re-read/listen: 5/5/19
Gary Furlong!!! How could I NOT listen to him??! I’m upping my rating from 4.0 to 4.5!! Because...Gary Fucking Furlong is a VOICE GOD!

I’ll admit that it was strange to hear him do an American accent for Patrick and for the narrative. But when he spoke for our hot and hunky alpha god pack werewolf from England??? Gahhhh!!! Voicegasm!!!

I also enjoyed the story more—I’d forgotten most of it and really, really liked it this second go around. I’m not sure what it says
Jewel
4.5 Stars

This book was so up my tree, I can't even tell ya. Loved it!

----------------------------------------------------
Woot!!! Thank you Impatient Elf!!!! I can't WAIT to read this! <3
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

Whew. What a story.

It's no secret that I positively adored Turner's Metahuman Files series, Jamie and Kyle especially but I eventually came to love Alexei and Sean almost just as much.

For that, it was a tough act to follow because I was expecting a lot - couldn't help it.

For the most part, this story held up for what I've come to expect from this author, who is definitely an auto-buy for me.

A lot of the good and awesome in this story was a little lost in the setting up of this
fleurette
A Ferry of Bones & Gold

I’ve started this book completely unaware that this author is already familiar to me. I have read first two books in Metahuman Files series and really liked them. But I have to admit that I enjoy this book even more.

Maybe it’s because it is more on the urban fantasy side than science fiction and I’m generally more keen of this genre. And even though the world and idea of magic presented in Soulbound series is not tremendously innovative, it is still different enough from the other concepts I
Sanaa
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars.

A Ferry of Bones & Gold was not my first book by the author I'm always impressed with the world she seems to create. This was a crazy journey and I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure how many more books Hailey's going to write but I'm going to keep reading them.

I loved Patrick and Jono together. Their chemistry was there and I loved how well they seemed to work together.

“I’ll be your weapon if you’ll be my pack,” Jono whispered against his lips.

The only thing was that there
Ariana
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reread September 2019

Another reread that was totally gratifying!
On a second read all the creatures and people didn't feel as overwhelming as on my first read, because I knew about them to start with, and I also remembered to check the glossary at the back when I needed some info.
As for Patrick and Jono ... ahhhhhh. So good and what a start to a series!

Original review:

My mind is offically …

Hailey Turner’s imagination is bottomless. That’s all I can say.
If you read the Metahuman series In the
Kaje Harper
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an action-packed urban fantasy in which Patrick, a government agent and ex-military mage, faces off against The Dominion Sect - a cult with the goal of stealing godhood from one of the old gods and passing it to their leader, to rule with that power. Patrick's history and family roots are tied up in this battle, which has already almost killed him at least twice. To survive in the past, he's given promises to gods and supernaturals, and lost parts of himself.

As the lines of the struggle
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, lgbtq, a-novel-take, m-m
Sometimes I forget that I kind of do like Urban Fantasy and not just Paranormal Romance. I think somewhere in my head I think too much Fantasy and not enough Romance just won’t work for me.

Sometimes I’m just silly.

The beginning of this book took some getting used to, so many freaking acronyms guys, but once I got my groove I couldn’t put this down.

Hailey’s writing is superb.

The world building was amazing, so many supernaturals! I can’t wait to see where else we get to go in this world and man,
Santy
Perfection. Sheer Perfection.

It had great Characterisation, seamless melding of various pantheons the world over(including some from my west African folklore ) and nonstop badassery and action from start to finish. Among all of these, she still managed to weave in the beginning of an unconventional sort of romance between our baggage-carrying imperfect MCs.

Hailey rocked the hell out of this book and I For one, cannot wait for the next book!
☙ percy ❧
Jul 04, 2019 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 16%

idk man we just didn't gel
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. I loved every bit of this, the world, the characters, everything. It was like it was written to appeal specially to me and it damn sure did. I can’t wait for more of this!
Gabi
That was awesome! 4.5 stars.
Hailey Turner is really good at worldbuilding. All the mythological creatures, gods (good and bad) and magic-wielders in one bombastic book.

Beware of a lot of infodump, but I think its necessary in a book where so many things are at play. I mean you can't write a whole new world without explaining the inner workings, right?

This book was focusing more on the action than the romance. In fact in the first half of the book, it was like Jono wasn't even there, and it
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Pat, Pattycakes, Patrick.

This book was action packed and filled with magical mystical creatures. I enjoyed it for the most part but just wished there was more background on Patrick and the 30 day war that gets mentioned so much. I felt like some pieces of the puzzle were missing so the story did not feel complete. Maybe book 2 will be more informative.
I did like Patrick and Jono. I did wish there was more time for the relationship build. Sure there was tension and attraction but I
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
This was a great start to an urban fantasy series I’m excited to continue! This book had a little bit of everything in the best way. Good writing, a flawed but lovable main character, a nice cast of supporting characters, a romance that I could get behind with a sweet and sexy shifter, a couple steamy sex scenes, action-packed battles, a world with magic and gods and other supernaturals, and a solid plot about a string of demon-related murders and some power-hungry baddies.

I will
~nikki the recovering book addict
Wow!!

Magic. Greek gods. Norse gods. Vampires. Werewolves. Hell hounds. Mages. Witches. All that and a whole lot more are found in this story. It’s been a race to the finish from the very beginning with gruesome murders, clever manipulation of mythological gods and creatures. I mean, I’m just blown away!

I have to admit the Metahuman Files by this author did NOT appeal to me but this? This was absolutely perfect!

I like that Patrick is the hero that has to save the day but he’s so very flawed,

• The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Prince of Air and Darkness (The Darkest Court, #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • NoX
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Tallowwood
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future

Soulbound (3 books)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
“Hindsight was always so fucking perfect and so fucking useless.” 2 likes