Start by marking “How the Dukes Stole Christmas” as Want to Read:
How the Dukes Stole Christmas

How the Dukes Stole Christmas

Christmas magic is in the air... From the ballrooms of London, to abandoned Scottish castles, to the snowy streets of Gilded Age New York, four bestselling authors whip up some unforgettable romance...with a little help from some enchanted shortbread.

"Meet Me in Mayfair" by Tessa Dare
Louisa Ward needs a Christmas miracle. Unless she catches a wealthy husband at the ball t
Published October 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about How the Dukes Stole Christmas, please sign up.
Tessa Dare Yes! All four are new, never published before.

Start your review of How the Dukes Stole Christmas
chan ☆
Meet Me in Mayfair: 3 stars

--------

didn't finish all of the stories this christmas but will probably revisit next year!
Sarah MacLean
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Three gorgeous novellas from three of my favorite writers...and a fourth from me!

Merry merry!
Sophia Triad
The main reason I got this book was “Meet Me in Mayfair" by Tessa Dare. And it was as good as I thought it would be.

Louisa meets at a ball the man who owns her family home.
Duke of Thorndale only wants to sell all his London properties and go back to Yorkshire. He hates London and he believes that all the Londoners lie all the time and they want to take advantage of him.

Louisa is desperate. Duke does not know who she is, but maybe she can enthral him
convince him not to sell her home, so that her
Pamela
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars, rounded up due primarily to my obsession for everything Tessa Dare writes :)

Argh, I hate being the lone grinch who's less than enamored with this anthology, but I just wasn't nearly as engaged and enchanted as I'd hoped. I tend to love novellas since I often lack the patience for the drawn out miscommunications and repetitiveness that longer romance novels bring us. Honestly, though, I found the last two of these four stories tedious even as novellas and can't imagine finishing them i
Desi
Oct 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Rated thusly for the utter tripe that is “Meet Me in Mayfair" by Tessa Dare. Why launch the book with this ridiculousness? Approaching men at balls with no introduction. Leaving an establishment in male company. Bare assed sex in a coach. Wandering about London at night on foot.

A grown man of that era not knowing a woman can’t go into gentlemen’s clubs.

An adult male willingly traipsing about Mayfair with a Virgin he picked up at a ball, on some stupid sightseeing tour. For hours. Until 5am. Wh
Warda
So much enjoyment and happiness I got out of this. I was already familiar with Tessa Dare and Sara MacLean and I can’t wait now to read more from Sophie Jordan and Joanna Shupe.
Sammy Loves Books
3 stars
Adorable "love at first sight" story about a Duke and a poor girl with a family in need of rescue.
Total suspension of reality that reduced this from a 4 to a 3 star.

"The Duke of Christmas Present" by Sarah MacLean
Didn't enjoy this one at all. Would have skipped it if it weren't an audio book. Didn't care for the hero.

"Heiress Alone" by Sophie Jordan
Totally enjoyed this one! Dislike at first sight followed by Instalove and a serious case
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
*rating only for Tessa Dare's story ...more
Aoi
Nov 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Terribly, terribly anachronistic..

We have dukes triasping around London on foot with young girls past midnight.

And the who's who of society assembling into the kitchen(!!) to watch the hostess bake cookies at a dinner party.

And a duke getting buck naked and sharing body head to prevent the frozen heroine from hypothermia. All the while as his servants walk in on them , merrily without knocking.

These novellas were a series of jaw dropping WTF moments that made it really hard for me to "get in
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
My favorites were surprisingly the ones not by my favorite authors! I loved Sophie Jordan's Scottish Duke romance and Joanna Shupe's Gilded Age romance (it was my first time reading JS too). This anthology is just perfect for anyone looking for Christmas romances – there are FOUR of them! ...more
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Meet Me in Mayfair-Tessa Dare: 4 stars

Really enjoyed this sweet Holiday Romance. The MC’s have so much chemistry and really liked that they had meaningful conversations. Tessa Dare is one of my favorite authors and this novella didn’t disappoint.

The Duke of Christmas Present- Sarah MacLean

Heiress Alone- Sophie Jordan

Christmas in Central Park- Joanna Shupe
Anita
Delightful Christmas stories, each a different take on a classic Holiday story. Watch out for the secret Scottish shortbread, it is said that is can make a couple fall in love.

Meet Me in Mayfair - by Tessa Dare 5-Stars
This was a delightful story and I loved it. A take on "Little Women". The heroine, Lousia Ward, and her family are losing their home because the new Duke of Thornedale is calling in a debt her father thought had been forgiven by the old Duke who was a dear friend. Her only hope is
Debby
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, I got my Christmas spirit going a bit early this year with my reads. I do have to say that I did enjoy all but the last novella on the Dukes. It was a delightful read and I must say that Sarah MacLean's novel was the height of them all. Recommend this read and as a summation of them all, I am rating this as a 3.5 rounded to 4-Stars.

4-Stars
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
To be fair, I didn't read the whole thing. It's $5.99 and I have a high bar for $5.99. I can get very good books for a lot less, so unless this was a sure thing, I'm not spending the $$.

I read the sample. Which is like 7-8 chapters of Tessa Dare's story in the anthology. Since she's the author I like best in the group, if her story can't hook me, there's little hope for the rest of the book.

And unfortunately, it didn't hook me.

1. Most anthologies are too rushed. I like depth in a book, and thes
K.
Trigger warnings: death of a sibling (in the past), death of a parent (in the past), implied domestic violence towards a child.

26/12/2019
Does this feature a lot of instalove? Uh, yes. They're romance short stories, of course it does. Did I care? Fuck, no. This is pretty stinking cute and it was the perfect thing to read on Boxing Day when my brain was mush.

29/11/2018
So here's the deal: if you're looking for historical accuracy, you won't get it in any of these stories. Like, AT ALL. They're ri
Anna lost in stories *A*
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Meet me in Mayfair by Tessa Dare - 5 stars

definitely my favourite from the whole book :) but I expected nothing less, since Tessa Dare is one of my favourite authors :) her writing style is just… *sighs happily* it always works for me :) would I love to read more about this couple? absolutely :) but this adorable novella was enough to bring me joy :)

The duke of christmas present by Sarah MacLean - 2,5 stars

hands down my least favourite of the book… but to be honest, I expected it… don’t get me w
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
★★★.5

"The Duke of Christmas Present" by Sarah MacLean
★★★★★

"Heiress Alone" by Sophie Jordan
★★★
would've enjoyed it more if i wasn't told that the main character wasn't like other women every two pages tbh

"Christmas in Central Park" by Joanna Shupe
★★★
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 'The Shortbread Talisman' Stars<

What an absolutely and utterly BRILLIANT Christmasy HR anthology this book was!
From start to finish How The Dukes Stole was undoubtable perfection, with each of the four tales enchanting me to no end and making me crave even more of these enrapturing characters and their stories!

Complete and wholehearted holiday warm and fuzzy feelings that made me feel as though I was living the holidays right along with them! True Christmas in October feels that I recommend
Ashton Reads
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
These were all adorable! The Sophie Jordan and Joanna Shupe ones were my faves of the bunch.
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
It has been a long time since I was excited about an anthology. When four of the reigning queens of historical romance decide to pair up, I was over the moon ready for these sweet novellas. I mean, a whole anthology featuring grouchy Dukes?? What’s not to love! This book was the epitome of sweet. To be honest, I have read excellent novellas from both Tessa Dare and Joanna Shupe, so my expectations were a little higher for those two. Overall, this book is the perfect Christmas read and I highly r ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
4 Stars … I’m a little late, but I really enjoyed this.

I love holiday Audio books, it just gets you into the spirit. So I totally forgot I had this and I’m a bit late since the holidays are over, but I really enjoyed this Anthology. I don’t usually read Anthologies, but audio Anthologies are the way to go!

The narrator is pretty popular and she does a lot of the historical romance novels. Her voice is a bit deep for my taste, but she acts really well and I like her voice transitions so overall,
Angie
I've been wanting to read this anthology for a while, and I finally borrowed it from my library! Surprisingly, I've only read Tessa Dare before, so I'm excited to experience these other authors. I'll leave a short review and rating for each story after I finish.

Meet Me in Mayfair by Tessa Dare
This was a sweet, Christmastime tale with a slight hint of Pride and Prejudice that made me smile. James, the Duke of Thorndale, is our Darcy, seemingly standoffish and arrogant, while Louisa is our Lizzie,
Robin
Dec 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This review is based on reading two of the stories:

Meet Me in Mayfair by Tessa Dare - Louisa Ward needs to find a husband in the next two weeks. Her family is about to be evicted by the new Duke of Thornhill. She must find a rich husband who will pay her family's debt or they will lose their home. While attending a ball to meet eligible men, Louisa discovers that the Duke is listed on her dance card. She decides to take advantage of this and convince him to dismiss her family's debt.

This was a c
Averie
I honestly forgot to update my goodreads for this book after I finished it, and I finished it over 2 weeks ago...whoops!
So it's kind of difficult for me to remember the specific feelings that I had about each book.
But I do remember really enjoying every story!!

So I decided to go with 4 stars and leave it at that :)
Chelsea
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐
A historical romance anthology, set around Christmas, written by best authors of the genre, featuring grumpy Dukes and free spirited heroines, with lots of smut.
This one feels like it's custom made for me.
Avid Booker
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Want To Read Cute Christmas Stories
Tessa's book was too short. In meaning, I would have loved to see a little more of these characters especially since they were complete opposites. She was a city girl and he was a country boy. I really loved everything about them except, (view spoiler). I was really attracted to James for some reason. He gave off a vibe. Lumbersexual? lol It was cute. Fast. 3.5 stars And So Is Love by Kate Bush

MacLean's story gave me the feels. STRO
Monique
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love historical romance, this might be the year that you get the present you’ve always wished for. Four superstar authors have combined their talents to craft this fabulous anthology, which will have you experiencing a gamut of emotions in a real historical Christmas atmosphere. Also, the novellas can be read in any order, as they are entirely independent from one another.

Tessa Dare’ MEET ME IN MAYFAIR is delightfully romantic and sweet as a duke who is more of a Yorkshire country boy an
JenReadsRomance
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love holiday novellas. I think they are the perfect way to get a quick jolt of that Christmas spirit. And I think this is a strong collection, overall. I can DEFINITELY see myself returning to this collection every year. A very fun read.

Meet Me In Mayfair - 3 stars
To be honest, I think this was the weakest one of the 4. But whatever, it's Tessa Dare. It's still cute. I just think that after the low moment, we needed to see more from the hero/ heroine and instead it just fast forwards to the re
Jenny Jo Weir
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh, ok-read
OK read. I liked the setting, but the delivery could have used a little pep. The whole hidden identity thing seems a bit overdone to me. Other than that, its a fast enough read to fill a couple hours.

Merged review:

This one was OK. Nothing too horribly wrong with it, but it lacked something for me. The redeeming factor was how quick and short it was.

Merged review:

Cute. This is a second chance, period romance book. I liked the whole back story and history they share, but could have done without
Stacee
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018

A fun round up of novellas from some of my favorites. I will say that I loved one more than the others and that I did struggle with liking the characters of another. As much as I wanted to be swept away with this grouping, sadly it wasn’t as amazing as I was expecting. Cute, yes.

Overall, it was a quick and fun holiday read.

• Miracle on Ladies' Mile
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
  • The Rogue of Fifth Avenue (Uptown Girls, #1)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Duke I'd Like to F...
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • The Devil of Downtown (Uptown Girls, #3)
  • The Naughty List
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • A Notorious Vow (The Four Hundred, #3)
  • While the Duke Was Sleeping (The Rogue Files, #1)
  • Tycoon (The Knickerbocker Club, #0.5)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • Her Night with the Duke (Clandestine Affairs, #1)
  • The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen