Start by marking “Voyager of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane, #4)” as Want to Read:
Voyager of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane, #4)

Voyager of the Crown

(The Crown of Tremontane #4)

Zara North, Queen of Tremontane, has the ability to unconsciously heal herself
Published September 7th 2018 by Night Harbor Publishing

Start your review of Voyager of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane, #4)
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy
A strong 4 stars. Final review first posted on Fantasy Literature:

In a world where a minority of people have inherent magical powers, and in a country where such magical powers are viewed with deep suspicion ― particularly if wielded by people in power ― Zara North has a huge secret: she has the ability to automatically heal physical injuries to herself, even those that cause aging and death. What would be a mortal injury for anyone else simply puts her out of commission temporarily. Zara was th
Sherwood Smith
I actually finished this book within a day of starting it, but I wanted to review it closer to the pub date. New readers could begin here, as McShane does an excellent job of sketching in what you need to know, but to truly enjoy the book I strongly recommend starting at the beginning of this series.

For one thing, Zara North changes her name a couple of times in this book. Readers familiar with the series will have no trouble with these name changes because they know who Zara is, and why she ha
Melissa McShane
Sep 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is the book I thought would never be.

I have no memory of where Zara North came from. Five years ago, when I wrote Agent of the Crown, she was just there--Telaine's mysterious "aunt," deathless and effectively immortal, but I can't remember why I came up with her or what I intended for her. In writing Servant of the Crown, she came into her own--the powerful Queen of Tremontane, driver of much of the action through which Alison and Anthony move.

And then it turned out she was popular. People
Jacob Proffitt
This is fourth in a series. You can read this one as a stand-alone, but Zara plays important side roles in the first and third so you may enjoy reading in order.

Okay, so my standard, non-standard disclaimer applies. Namely, that I'm not unbiased, though I always strive for honesty. I've read this book four times at this point, in various stages of its development—mainly because Melissa likes to bounce ideas off me occasionally while writing and this one more than most for some reason.

Anywaaaay.
Jana Brown
Willow is still my favorite... But Zara holds a special place in my heart too - I've been intrigued by her personality and no nonsense leadership since Servant of the Crown - and I was so happy to get a whole novel dedicated to our favorite nearly immortal queen of Tremontane.

When I heard this book was coming I was curious over how the author would manage Zara's secrets and how she could find someone who could be a romantic match without a built in tragedy. I am really pleased with the results
Lissa Hawley
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zara North is such an intriguing character and this is a different view of her than we have seen in previous books in the series. Usually in books and movies when we hear about an immortal character we get a glossing over of how long they've lived, fortunes they've amassed and deaths they've faked, identities they've shed and created anew. This book is different in that we see the start of a new life instead of coming in in the middle of one.

And it works wonderfully well. Especially with a heav
Elaine
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zara North gets her own book in this fourth volume of the Crown of Tremontane series. As with the previous volumes, though, since each book takes place about a generation apart and therefore stands well enough on its own, a newcomer could start here if they wanted. Still, you'll appreciate Zara even more if you've already read the other books in the series.

Once the Queen of Tremontane, Zara has inherent magic that constantly heals her, erasing the process of aging and rendering her virtually imm
Lisa Venerussi
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vicky
Voyager of the crown definitely has a different feel from all the other books in the series, but that’s not a bad thing, in fact, I think because it was so different that I enjoyed it so much. On this one, we, at long last, see Zara get her happily ever after and honestly it was just so satisfying. I liked that instead of being at court or filled with political intrigue this book was about survival and counting on each other when literally anything could be after them, be it an actual person or ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Melissa McShane’s The Crown of Tremontane series has been a total pleasure. Each book has been a totally separate tale with some connection to Tremontane and it’s court, though that connection has been weaker each time. Now in Voyager of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane Book 4), we get the story of Zara North, Queen of Tremontane, who fakes her own death so that her magical self-healing and unaging will not be discovered. Her eventually voyage, shipwreck and transformation are covered in the p ...more
Jayne
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fantasy
4.5 Stars

Good book but some of the things I loved about the previous Tremontane books were missing here.

So Zara North (if you have read the previous books you know who she is and her special circumstances) - she decides to go off on an adventure after having lived a quiet life for a long time. She is an awesome character and very well written (as are the rest of the characters). She gets involved in a frantic rescue mission, falls in love etc.

However - what I loved about the previous books was
Shannon
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zara North is flat out fun to read. Strong and feisty, she’s a match for just about anything. Even if you know how it’s going to end up, it’s fun watching her get there.

I like seeing a wider view of the world in this series. The side characters seem like real, multi-dimensional people. All the plot points are a good balance between being logical and making the characters work for the progress. And they’re allowed to make mistakes and be stupid from time to time without losing their likability.
Mischa
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Aaah! I forgot how much I loved this series, and why I've been planning on reading other stuff by Melissa McShane. God, I enjoyed this one so, so much. I was waiting on Zara's story ever since the first book, and only got a very disappointing novella. But this installment absolutely made up for it 100 %. Zara is just a badass and I'm glad I could read about her finally getting the happy ending she deserved.
Amy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Voyager of the Crown is fourth installment from Melissa McShane's The Crown the Tremontane series. I think this is my favorite of the series. I loved Zara's story. So intriguing.
I give Voyager of the Crown five stars.
I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Karlene Browning
For some reason, I didn't realize this was #4 in a series until I started reading it. But that didn't matter. There were a few places where I thought it would have helped to have read the others first, but overall, this book was well done enough that I still fully enjoyed it.

I loved the strength of the main character, the adventure. I'm definitely going to go back and read the others now!
I didn't think I needed another story about Zara, but boy was I wrong. Melissa McShane, and anything in relation to Tremontane, is now firmly moved into my auto-buy list . . . sad to have finished The Crown of Tremontane, but glad that I have The Saga of Willow North to move onto on a rainy day.

Geneva Woodmansee
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this (enough to stay up late finishing it), but all of these books have had very similar overall arcs - the plots vary enough to make them interesting, but they're fairly predictable. That said, it was fun to finally get some full closure with Zara North.
Jason
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always like this series

I always like this series. I am glad that Zara found someone. Interesting journey through the wilderness wish there was a little more world changes, but overall a fun story
Roya
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in a series. The first wasn’t especially great. But it kept me reading. My husband assures me they got better. They did. I really liked the series as a whole. It’s more of a series of love stories than fantasy, but they have some excitement to them.
Joanne Watkins USA
Fabulous

I love Zara North. This was a great story that suited her. My only critic is it need too abruptly. I did want to see more of their crews endings.
Volpot
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Decent enough book, but nothing remarkable. Although it's not strictly necessary to have read previous books in series, if you have read them this book is a good sequel.
Greta Riordan
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
A wonderful end to a fantastic series. I enjoyed every aspect of this and am so happy that Zara gets her happy ending with someone she can be honest with.
Britta
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite of the series, equal parts Pirates of the Caribbean and the African Queen.
Erica Sebree
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is everything I’ve been waiting for! Zara embarks on what should be a simple voyage to start a new life in a new land, but instead finds adventure, danger, friendship, love...and pirates. As her journey becomes more perilous, Zara struggles to keep her inherent magic and true identity secret from her unintended traveling companions, foreign guards, and those who wish her harm. But she just might discover that trusting someone is worth the risk.

M
Sep 24, 2019
Kimmerie
Nov 30, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Scandalous Deception (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #2)
  • Royal Magic (The Elves of Lessa, #2)
  • A Nefarious Engagement (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #4)
  • Snow White (Timeless Fairy Tales, #11)
  • Red Rope of Fate (The Elves of Lessa, #1)
  • Voice of Power (The Spoken Mage, #1)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance #1)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • A Brazen Curiosity (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #1)
  • War Bound (Elven Alliance #2)
  • An Infamous Betrayal (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #3)
  • Dragon Unleashed (Fallen Empire, #2)
  • Apprentice of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #1)
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • Breaking and Entering 101 (The Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #4)
  • Dark Skies (Dark Shores, #2)
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • A Soupçon of Poison (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #0.5)
Melissa grew up a nomad, following her family all over the United States, and ended up living in the shadow of the Wasatch Mountains with her husband, four kids, and three very needy cats. Her love of reading was always a constant during those uncertain years, and her love of writing grew out of that. She wrote reviews and critical essays for many years before turning to fiction, and was surprised ...more

The Crown of Tremontane (4 books)
  • Servant of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane #1)
  • Rider of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane #2)
  • Agent of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane, #3)