Start by marking “Voyager of the Crown” as Want to Read:
Voyager of the Crown

Voyager of the Crown

(The Crown of Tremontane #4)

Zara North, Queen of Tremontane, has the ability to unconsciously heal herself
Published September 7th 2018 by Night Harbor Publishing

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy
A strong 4 stars. Final review first posted on Fantasy Literature:

In a world where a minority of people have inherent magical powers, and in a country where such magical powers are viewed with deep suspicion ― particularly if wielded by people in power ― Zara North has a huge secret: she has the ability to automatically heal physical injuries to herself, even those that cause aging and death. What would be a mortal injury for anyone else simply puts her out of commission temporarily. Zara was th
Sherwood Smith
I actually finished this book within a day of starting it, but I wanted to review it closer to the pub date. New readers could begin here, as McShane does an excellent job of sketching in what you need to know, but to truly enjoy the book I strongly recommend starting at the beginning of this series.

For one thing, Zara North changes her name a couple of times in this book. Readers familiar with the series will have no trouble with these name changes because they know who Zara is, and why she ha
Melissa McShane
Sep 06, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is the book I thought would never be.

I have no memory of where Zara North came from. Five years ago, when I wrote Agent of the Crown, she was just there--Telaine's mysterious "aunt," deathless and effectively immortal, but I can't remember why I came up with her or what I intended for her. In writing Servant of the Crown, she came into her own--the powerful Queen of Tremontane, driver of much of the action through which Alison and Anthony move.

And then it turned out she was popular. People
Jacob Proffitt
This is fourth in a series. You can read this one as a stand-alone, but Zara plays important side roles in the first and third so you may enjoy reading in order.

Okay, so my standard, non-standard disclaimer applies. Namely, that I'm not unbiased, though I always strive for honesty. I've read this book four times at this point, in various stages of its development—mainly because Melissa likes to bounce ideas off me occasionally while writing and this one more than most for some reason.

Anywaaaay.
Jana Brown
Willow is still my favorite... But Zara holds a special place in my heart too - I've been intrigued by her personality and no nonsense leadership since Servant of the Crown - and I was so happy to get a whole novel dedicated to our favorite nearly immortal queen of Tremontane.

When I heard this book was coming I was curious over how the author would manage Zara's secrets and how she could find someone who could be a romantic match without a built in tragedy. I am really pleased with the results
Lissa Hawley
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zara North is such an intriguing character and this is a different view of her than we have seen in previous books in the series. Usually in books and movies when we hear about an immortal character we get a glossing over of how long they've lived, fortunes they've amassed and deaths they've faked, identities they've shed and created anew. This book is different in that we see the start of a new life instead of coming in in the middle of one.

And it works wonderfully well. Especially with a heav
Vicky
Voyager of the crown definitely has a different feel from all the other books in the series, but that’s not a bad thing, in fact, I think because it was so different that I enjoyed it so much. On this one, we, at long last, see Zara get her happily ever after and honestly it was just so satisfying. I liked that instead of being at court or filled with political intrigue this book was about survival and counting on each other when literally anything could be after them, be it an actual person or ...more
The Mysterious Reader
Melissa McShane’s The Crown of Tremontane series has been a total pleasure. Each book has been a totally separate tale with some connection to Tremontane and it’s court, though that connection has been weaker each time. Now in Voyager of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane Book 4), we get the story of Zara North, Queen of Tremontane, who fakes her own death so that her magical self-healing and unaging will not be discovered. Her eventually voyage, shipwreck and transformation are covered in the p ...more
Jayne
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Good book but some of the things I loved about the previous Tremontane books were missing here.

So Zara North (if you have read the previous books you know who she is and her special circumstances) - she decides to go off on an adventure after having lived a quiet life for a long time. She is an awesome character and very well written (as are the rest of the characters). She gets involved in a frantic rescue mission, falls in love etc.

However - what I loved about the previous books was
Lisa Venerussi
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shannon
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zara North is flat out fun to read. Strong and feisty, she’s a match for just about anything. Even if you know how it’s going to end up, it’s fun watching her get there.

I like seeing a wider view of the world in this series. The side characters seem like real, multi-dimensional people. All the plot points are a good balance between being logical and making the characters work for the progress. And they’re allowed to make mistakes and be stupid from time to time without losing their likability.
Amy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Voyager of the Crown is fourth installment from Melissa McShane's The Crown the Tremontane series. I think this is my favorite of the series. I loved Zara's story. So intriguing.
I give Voyager of the Crown five stars.
I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Karlene Browning
For some reason, I didn't realize this was #4 in a series until I started reading it. But that didn't matter. There were a few places where I thought it would have helped to have read the others first, but overall, this book was well done enough that I still fully enjoyed it.

I loved the strength of the main character, the adventure. I'm definitely going to go back and read the others now!
Jason
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always like this series

I always like this series. I am glad that Zara found someone. Interesting journey through the wilderness wish there was a little more world changes, but overall a fun story
Joanne Watkins USA
Fabulous

I love Zara North. This was a great story that suited her. My only critic is it need too abruptly. I did want to see more of their crews endings.
Volpot
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Decent enough book, but nothing remarkable. Although it's not strictly necessary to have read previous books in series, if you have read them this book is a good sequel.
Greta Riordan
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
A wonderful end to a fantastic series. I enjoyed every aspect of this and am so happy that Zara gets her happy ending with someone she can be honest with.
Erica Sebree
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is everything I’ve been waiting for! Zara embarks on what should be a simple voyage to start a new life in a new land, but instead finds adventure, danger, friendship, love...and pirates. As her journey becomes more perilous, Zara struggles to keep her inherent magic and true identity secret from her unintended traveling companions, foreign guards, and those who wish her harm. But she just might discover that trusting someone is worth the risk.
Kimmerie
Nov 14, 2018
Andy
Sep 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Melissa grew up a nomad, following her family all over the United States, and ended up living in the shadow of the Wasatch Mountains with her husband, four kids, and three very needy cats. Her love of reading was always a constant during those uncertain years, and her love of writing grew out of that. She wrote reviews and critical essays for many years before turning to fiction, and was surprised ...more

The Crown of Tremontane (4 books)
  • Servant of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane #1)
  • Rider of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane #2)
  • Agent of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane, #3)