Start by marking “The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value” as Want to Read:
The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value

The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  230 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The business world seems to have given up on loyalty: many major corporations now lose-and have to replace-half their customers in five years, half their employees in four, and half their investors in less than one. Fred Reichheld's national bestseller The Loyalty Effect shows why companies that ignore these skyrocketing defections face a dismal future of low growth, weak ...more
Published September 1st 2001 by Harvard Business Review Press (first published February 2nd 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Loyalty Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Loyalty Effect

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value
Stacy
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I read this book because in my job, I deal with customer loyalty. How do we create loyal customers? What can we do to earn their loyalty? This book went into that and much more.

The book took a few case studies and showed how having loyal customers brought increased growth. The author then showed how this was possible by the numbers. It is pretty impressive. Clearly, more loyalty is better. But how do you achieve it?

The book talked about how to attract the right customers and how to keep them. It
Chad Warner
I skimmed this because much of the content wasn't relevant to my business. It's a mix of practical guidance (about how to measure and increase loyalty) and examples of companies that have increased loyalty. It's not only about increasing the loyalty of customers; much of the book is about increasing the loyalty of employees and partners (vendors, investors, etc.). I didn't get as much out of this book as Reichheld's Loyalty Rules!, and that book wasn't especially helpful either.

It's written for
Ahmad El-Saeed
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is very valuable, It's great for loyalty and in-house loyalty programs. The benefits of Loyalty and how to raise your customer loyalty and even your employees loyalty.
Janet
I read this book in a similar timeframe to the Economics of Trust, and First Things First. Looking back 10+ years, I can see the profound effect these books had me. All three of them validated many of my values & beliefs and gave me the courage to attempt to do the "right things right" as a leader and take the long term view versus the short term view in business as well as my personal life.

My role models in business were all either short term oriented or felt that the firm drove them to short
Ray Kelly
The Loyalty Effect is a business book by Fred Reichheld of the consulting firm Bain & Company, and the book's title is also sometimes used to refer to the broader loyalty business model as a whole. Reichheld shows why companies that ignore customer defections face a future of low growth, weak profits, and shortened life expectancy. He attempts to demonstrate the power of loyalty-based management as a highly profitable alternative to the economics of perpetual churn. ...more
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a great little short and to the point guide on learning how to build a long lasting business...the loyalty theory is not only good for your customers, but in this book is from the point of views to creating value creation with investors and employees, which is some great food for thought and a really good read for anyone who deals with providing any kinda product/service to customers...whether big or small

Waseem Mirza
DIY$
May 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Good read - lots of repetition throughout the book, but good way of giving examples of things many people already know (I hope...) from their personal lives and how they can apply to business (think the Golden rule). Also gives some examples of companies who have done it. It's a pre-'.com' book, but the methodology given is intended to be timeless.
Dima
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Хорошая книга, дает базовое представление о том, когда, почему и как лояльность связана с прибыльностью компании. Много примеров и конкретных указаний, с чего начать. Единственный минус - писалась давно и больше применима к рынку США конца 20-го века.
Steve
Jul 13, 2009 rated it liked it
During these economically difficult times, understanding and growing customer loyalty is essential to profitabilty. This book provides some basics on metrics and taking action--but don't treat it as a bible!!
Teresa
Oct 06, 2007 rated it really liked it
Precursor to "The Ultimate Question."
Sean Doherty
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
File this in "books I hope my business competitors don't read."
Ron
Jan 22, 2014
Blaine
Jun 24, 2015
Juliana Mbuthia
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2019
Kanchan Joshi
rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Great Game of Business: Unlocking the Power and Profitability of Open-Book Management
  • Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential
  • Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It...and Why the Rest Don't (Rockefeller Habits 2.0)
  • Buy Then Build: How Acquisition Entrepreneurs Outsmart the Startup Game
  • Warren Buffett's Management Secrets: Proven Tools for Personal and Business Success
  • The Self-Discipline Blueprint: A Simple Guide to Beat Procrastination, Achieve Your Goals, and Get the Life You Want
  • Start with No: The Negotiating Tools That the Pros Don't Want You to Know
  • HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself (with bonus article "How Will You Measure Your Life?")
  • Improvise: Unconventional Career Advice from an Unlikely CEO
  • Life Is Not a Game of Perfect
  • The Art of Fielding
  • Falter: Has the Human Game Begun to Play Itself Out?
  • Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage
  • Walt Disney's Peter Pan (A Little Golden Book)
  • Peter Pan (Disney)
  • Moana Junior Novel (Disney Junior Novel (ebook))
  • Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose