Start by marking “The Cottage on Rose Lane” as Want to Read:

(Moonlight Bay #1)

Jenna Fossey's life is about to change. An unexpected inheritance and the chance to meet relatives she never knew existed has her heading to the charming town of Magnolia Harbor. But long-buried secrets lead to questions, and the only person who can help her find the answers is a sexy-as-sin sailing instructor. Nothing makes Jude St. Pierre feel more alive than racing on t ...more
Audio CD
Published December 4th 2018 by Dreamscape Media

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage on Rose Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage on Rose Lane

Spoiler contains my spin on the book synopsis:
(view spoiler)
Carrie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Cottage on Rose Lane by Hope Ramsay is the first book in the new contemporary romance Moonlight Bay series. This opener focuses on a character looking into her family’s past and finding her own future.

Jenna Fossey never knew her own father and had been raised by her single mother. However, out of nowhere Jenna ends up getting a call that she had inherited all of her grandfather’s millions and would not want for money the rest of her life.

After taking some time to travel and think about the
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
This was such a cute, cozy, and warmhearted read that's perfect for summer!

If you like novels set in the South with a down home feel, definitely check this one out. From the Southern Charm of all the characters to the setting of the Harbour, this got the South down to a tee! In fact, it even featured some history regarding the Gullah heritage and I LOVED how that was included in the storyline.

This story was an easy one to read and love on a summer day and I loved all of the characters (from the
Jammin Jenny
I really enjoyed this book I received through Netgalley. It's the story of Jenna, an heiress, trying to connect to her family she never knew in South Carolina. It's got drama, love, history, sailing and great characters.
Robin Loves Reading
Not only has Jenna Fossey received an unexpected inheritance, she wants to know more about her relatives and now seems the best time for her to learn about them. However, she is more than a bit distracted when she heads to the town of Magnolia Harbor, primarily because she takes one look at a sailing instructor, and she cannot take his eyes off of him. But she has questions about her family, so she must have some sort of focus.

Jude St. Pierre absolutely loves the open water. Whether he is sailin
Amy
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I read these books back to back I thought I would just do one review to combine my thoughts on both of them, plus they’re also available now and I know I personally love being able to start a new series with at least a couple of books already out, waiting is the worst.

Lately I’ve been loving small town, sweet and simple romance novels and this series delivers on that! They totally remind me of feel good Hallmark movies and they’re ideal for a light and easy summertime read. Their set in a
BookAddict
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my heart, what a wonderful, touching, small-town Southern romance! Ms. Ramsay certainly knows my home state and the Low Country nuances and brings them to life beautifully in this poignant, evocative romance. A place where old money talks, tradition is honored and cultures passed down for generations are in danger of dying out, but hearts are big, neighbors lend a hand and love thrives.

Jenna Fossey suddenly finds herself the only heir to the Bauman millions, but money doesn’t matter when she
Really Into This
Melissa contributed this review to Really Into This

Check out all of our reviews at https://reallyintothis.com
Happy Reading, friends!

THE COTTAGE ON ROSE LANE BY HOPE RAMSAY BOOK REVIEW
The Cottage on Rose Lane is a wonderful story about how we are all intertwined & everyone is connected.

LOTS OF CHARACTERS
I’ll admit, The Cottage on Rose Lane takes a bit of a setup. Hope Ramsay introduces us to many characters. While it took me a while to get them all straight, I’m glad I did. Magnolia Harbor is
Kathleen
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you have been anticipating a new book by one of your fav writers, you do not want to be disappointed and let me tell you I was not... This was a compelling and beautiful written small town romance. Jude and Jenna are complete opposites and yet the attraction to each other was instant and electric. Jenna had a secret about why she was in town and her beliefs made it hard for her to keep it until she was sure all the players would accept her.

Jude was an Island boy born and raised. He worked
Carrie
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading Hope Ramsay books and she didn't dissapoint with this one! I couldn't put it down-I read it in 2 days. "The Cottage on Rose Lane" is the first in a new series, Moonlight Bay and I am really looking forward to reading about the rest of the characters and hearing their stories as well. It was a sweet and charming love story with a well written story line with real life, every day obstacles that can stand in the way of relationships. I felt like I was there, in Moonlight Bay, along w ...more
Diana
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
History of the Gullah people of South Carolina

Jenna was the remaining single woman after her mother died and inherits a fortune from a man she knows nothing about from the Bauman family on the island in South Carolina. She wants to get to know her father even if he died at a very young age. He was racer of sailboats so decides she wants to learn how to sail.
Jude St. Pierre catches her eye as he brings his sailboat to shore. Jenna approaches about sailing lessons but he doesn't trust her as he th
Sophia
A new Hope Ramsay series is always a welcome source of excitement to me, but the setting and situation of the characters as described in the blurb had me really sitting up and taking notice. I was happy to sail away with Jenna and Jude around his small town South Carolina island home, learn about the Gullah Islander culture, and the usual lovely small town cast of characters that this author writes so well.

The Cottage on Rose Lane, from the beginning was such a surprise in more ways than one. Fo
Susan
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific story of love and family and finding ways to deal with the past. Jenna recently inherited a great deal of money from a grandfather she never knew existed. She was raised by a single mother, and never knew her father. The inheritance upended Jenna's world, so she took a year to travel the world and decide what to do with her life. In her travels, she learned a lot about Eastern religions and adopted many of those traditions. Once back from her travels she decided to travel to Magnolia Ha ...more
Hannah
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW TO COME

Moonlight Bay #1, I was not expecting to love this as much as I did. I didn't know what to expect but what I found was a young woman trying to find herself after a life altering inheritance and a young man trying to save his family's history and culture. I also found a town on the coast where the locals are treated like family and everyone else is a tourist. It's deeper that I would have expected the emotions run hot you're not just dealing with Jude and Jenny's emotions with e
Marjorie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved everything about this book. It is truly written from the heart. Jenney arrives in Magnolia Harbor, South Carolina from Boston using a different last name and identity to find out what happened to her father, Robert Bauman, who had died sailing on the water before she was born. As Robert’s brother, Harry, who lives there with his wife, Patsy, did not receive the bulk of the massive inheritance Jenney unexpectedly received, Jenney needs to test the waters to see if she will reve ...more
Margaret Dombrowski
I was lucky to receive an ARC of this book, a new series for Hope Ramsay. This story puts to test, acceptance. Between new found family or a life partner. New subject matter for me was interracial relationships and Hope Ramsay certainly told the story candidly and from the heart. Needless to say, there was alot of emotion that made me keep reading. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Gail
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest review.

A great start to a new series and I am looking forward to the next book in the series. Very well written with a great cast of characters that draw you into the story.
A story of family secrets, forgiveness and second chances.
Saly
This one was okay. Everyone was just way too nice and understanding about everything. We have a heroine craving a family, a hero bogged down by family obligations. This was just too sugary for me.
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
The Cottage on Rose Lane was a fun contemporary romance set in South Carolina. The two main characters, Jenna and Jude, are perfect for each other, but of course, there are circumstances that lead to them each getting in their own way. I liked that Jenna practiced Buddhism and focused a lot on karma, meditation, and acts of kindness. The story was sultry and sweet and I loved following along with their love story.

This book contained a bonus story: A Wedding on Lavender Hill A Sweetwater Springs Short Story by Annie Rains I really loved this story! It was short, swee
Melissa
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Hope story of Jenna Fossey's and Jude St. Pierre! its a story about unexpected inheritance the chance fir Jenna to meet relatives she never knew exicted. To find out more you'll have to get your copy. I learned a out this author cause I'm in brenda Novak book group and one of her picks. Its very good glad I picked it up.
Linda Smatzny
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A modern day romance set in South Carolina. The main characters are Jenna Fossey and Jude St Pierre who meet and are attracted to each other but both come with baggage that must be overcome. The book was a quick easy read.
Carol Tumberger
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time reading this author and I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Interesting “different characters”!
Jypsy
Jenna inherits from family in South Carolina she never knew. The Cottage on Rose Lane is a story of family secrets plus sailing along with local culture. It's a good informative and engaging read. It's mysterious but charming. Perfect for a relaxing weekend read. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Linda
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Hope Ramsay but it will definitely not be the last. This is the first book in a series Moonlight Bay and I am looking forward to reading more about the secondary characters from this story. A charming sweet and sexy story with a well developed story line and characters. I enjoyed reading about the Gullah culture and liked that the main character was working to find ways to preserve history. Don't miss this one.
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange

ISBN 9781538712887
hoperamsay.com
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Jeanie

Synopsis:

Jenna Fossey’s life is about to change. An unexpected inheritance and the chance to meet relatives she never knew existed has her heading to the charming little town of Magnolia Harbor. But as soon as she arrives, long-buried family secrets lead to even more questions, and the only person who can help her find the answers is
BranDee Wenzl
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Hope Ramsay and for me, it was a hit. Not only did the author take me to a place I have never been, she made me feel like I was there.
This book has everything that I love, a conflict, a beautiful setting, characters that are relatable and likeable, but also a great love story. It was so fun sailing away with Jenna and Jude. I found myself intrigued with not only the characters, but the setting as well. A great, enjoyable read that I would highly recommend. Fantastic!
Lillian
The Cottage on Rose Lane by Hope Ramsay is the first in her series Moonlight Bay, and follows a young woman who is looking to connect with family she didn’t know existed and a sailor that may hold the key to what she wants. Set in a fictional town in South Carolina, I felt like I was coming home while reading. The town and its people breathe life into the pages of the book. I want to visit Magnolia Harbor now!

Jenna Fossey is a young woman searching for answers. She’s spent the last year backpack
Tina Wyatt
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jenna Fossey is in Magnolia Harbor to learn more about her father and his family. her dad Jamie died before Jenna was born. One day out of the blue, her granddad passed away and left her his mass fortune. He had a successful eyeglass business. Now Jenna finds herself a very rich woman and she is soul searching to figure out what she wants oat of life and what to do with the money. She decides to come to town under a false name and just see how things go . The one thing that Jenna didn't count on ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor)
  • The View from Prince Street (Alexandria #2)
  • A Soldier's Return
  • Christmas in Icicle Falls (Life in Icicle Falls, #11)
  • Dark Ocean Princess (The Cursed Seas Collection)
  • The Cowboy and the Angel (Rodeo #2)
  • Dune Drive (Chesapeake Diaries #12)
  • Mend Your Heart (Bounty Bay, #4)
  • One Little Kiss
  • Bluestone & Vine
  • Under An Adirondack Sky
  • Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1)
  • Ugly Beautiful Girl
  • Rekindled Moments (Moments in Time, #2)
  • More Than Magic (Books of the Kindling, #1)
  • That Night with the CEO
  • Star Cruise: Marooned
  • Natalie and the Nerd
Hope Ramsay was born in New York and grew up on the North Shore of Long Island, but every summer Momma would pack her off under the care of Aunt Annie to go visiting with relatives in the midlands of South Carolina. Her extended family includes its share of colorful aunts and uncles, as well as cousins by the dozens, who provide the fodder for the characters you’ll find in Last Chance, South Carol ...more

Moonlight Bay (2 books)
  • Summer on Moonlight Bay / Bonus Novel by Miranda Liasson
“We don't learn by our successes. To get far in life you have to fail. Numerous times.” 0 likes