Start by marking “Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice Magic (The Wizards of Once #2)

Twice Magic

(The Wizards of Once #2)

From the bestselling author of How to Train Your Dragon comes an exciting high-adventure series--set in a magical time, full of Wizards, Warriors, Giants and Sprites. This was once the story of a young boy Wizard and a young girl Warrior who had been taught since birth to hate each other like poison. But now, the boy Wizard and girl Warrior have been brought together in th ...more
Audiobook
Published November 9th 2018 by Hachette Audio (first published September 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Twice Magic, please sign up.
Caroline As far as I can tell it hasn`t been announced how many books will be in the series. Although, it does not look like book three will be the last one…moreAs far as I can tell it hasn`t been announced how many books will be in the series. Although, it does not look like book three will be the last one (There is no `Final installment!` or `Thrilling conclusion!` in the summary), so there is probably going to be at least four. (less)

Jessica
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, just a frickin' delight! I love Wish and Xar, but most importantly I love David Tennant as the Unknown Narrator. Crazy stuff happened, funny stuff happened, and we got to hear a song written by a werewolf, translated into English, sung by David Tennant.
Helene
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve got an ARC of this book, Lucky me!

Let me begin by saying I loved this one more than I loved the first book. While the first one was pretty serious, skipped the potty humour and was around the level of How to ride a dragon’s storm / How to break a dragon’s heart, this one cranked it up a notch to How to steal a dragon’s sword -levels. Including war, a kidnapping, characters going missing and a heartbreaking, sad, tragic, magic backstory told to the main characters, Termagant style.
The book i
Melissa Veras
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as fun as the first one. I might even liked this one a little bit better. And the narration by David Tennant was, of course, amazing.
Robin Stevens
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cressida Cowell is the most wonderful storyteller. This whips along, and it's so full of warmth and heart that I cared about every single one of the characters, no matter how minor. I am such a fan of this series, and delighted by the magical world that Cressida's created. (8+)

Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
I actually think I enjoyed this more than the first one! The world and political history between all the feuding sides gets a lot more detailed. The book design is truly amazing! All the scribbles and doodles fit so well with the story and the theme. please note YOU MUST LISTEN ALONG TO THE DAVID TENANT NARRATED AUDIOBOOK TO TRULY READ THIS!
Emily
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun and crazy book! It definitely took longer than usual to read because I had to keep stopping to look at all the cool pictures!!
Mehsi

Two kids who shouldn't have met (one is a Wizard the other is a Warrior (though with magic that shouldn't exist)) will meet again, and will have to use all their wits, magic, and bravery to beat Witches and save the world.

I just loved the first book, which I found when I was visiting London (with autograph + more
Bella (Cheezyfeet Books)
Loved it!! Even better than the first one. Definitely recommend these! Can’t believe I have to wait so long for the next one ☹ ...more
Ophelia
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, love
All kinds of lovely ♥ ...more
Jerby  Verderosa
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick, fun, short read, and thus I will try to keep my review quick, fun and short as well.

I remember reading the first book in this series last year and feeling really impressed with it. I noticed a lot of wit and humor in it, as well as a shade of complexity in the plot that I did not expect. I finished it and immediately looked up when the next one would be released.

In general, I found a lot of the same strengths in this sequel: still the same trademark witty, humorous writing and
Becky
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a fun & interesting story! I really enjoyed the first one and this was was even better! I listened to the audiobook on this one and was fantastically narrated by David Tennant!
The story just deepens in this one and it’s full of magic! Still really love Wish & Xar as characters and can’t wait to see the next instalment!
Helene
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve got an ARC of this book, Lucky me!

The book i
Rachel Libke
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the whole, not as good as the first book in the series—but it deserves equal footing with book one because of David Tennant singing a werewolf song.
16paynel
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twice magic is the seacond book in the series after the wizard of once. It continues the story of Xar and Wish as they go on a journey to defeat the King Witch. It adds to the story fantastical elements. It is quite enjoyable and has a happy ending with room for the story to continue through other books. I would recommend this book to a most younger people.
Eti
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the original audiobook SO much that I deliberately waited to read it until I could access the audiobook - and then miraculously this weekend, as though it was meant to be, I found it and listened to it pretty much nonstop. It was such a pleasure and joy to be back with Squeezjoos, Xar and Wish. But mostly Squeezejoos because he is our favorite and we'd like an entire series of books about his adventures just being adorable and hilarious and the best hairy fairy ever. Thank you. This sequ ...more
Cherie Gilmore
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s been said in so many reviews already, but I too love this series. This book is even better than the first. David Tennet is such a charming fun narrator. It was a treat to listen to him sing as several different characters. Beloved hairy fairies return and I couldn’t be happier.
Sheila Beaumont
This second entry in the "Wizards of Once" series was even more enjoyable than the first. I recommend the audiobook, brilliantly narrated by David Tennant. There are lots of fun songs too. There's more to come, and I'm looking forward to Book 3.
Jennifer Rijo
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this world and characters <3
Hafsa
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
As I read the first few chapters of this book, it struck me, as it had with the previous book in the series, how similar it felt to Cowell’s previous series (the How to Train Your Dragon series). It was similar in a way that might have been forgiven if another author had written the book, but with Cowell’s distinctive writing style and illustrations, the two series were easy to compare - until I stated to get pulled into the book, and all comparisons faded in the limelight of the story. The flaw ...more
Amy B
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful and fascinating new developments. Cowell’s strengths - her well-woven plots and her charming characters - shine in this sequel. Can’t wait for the finale. :)
Phoebe
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowell's gift for storytelling through both words and art shines through once again in this exciting next installment, when Xar and Wish and all of the Warriors and Wizards are under massive threat from Witches. The obvious moral to the story, about working together, accepting differences, uniting to save the world, runs as an undercurrent but never gets heavyhanded--thanks to Cowell's light touch with humor and her ability to make every character interesting--even the frightening Kingwitch. Ano ...more
J. Taylor
They are my babies, I utterly adore them all. Also, I am so on board with the enchanted key, spoon and fork love triangle.
Carolynn Markey
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just too cute. I LOVE squeezejuice. Also the audiobook is read by David Tennet! Too short of a book can't wait for the next one!!
Emma Engström
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
4,5
Rosie
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lillian
I enjoyed this book more than the first! Twice Magic by is the second book in The Wizards of Once and picks up in the middle of the action (featuring Xar….who else?!). Xar is in Gormincrag (like a prison) due to the mistakes he made in book one and Wish is behind a giant wall. Will these two kids who were never meant to meet meet again?

I love Xar and Wish! Xar is a the son of a wizard, though he never came into his magic (see book one for details of what he does about it). Wish is the daughter
Zulfiya
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are such a delight.
It took me a while to get into the Dragon series, but I devoured the last 5 books. This time, I am anticipating each book, and it hurts because it will take another 5 months for a new installment to be released, and the schedule for others is not yet clear.

Regardless of my pains of anticipation for further adventures of Xar and Wish, this one was magical, delightful, exciting, wonderful, and complex.
We learn more about Xar and how his little egotistic self " suc
Malissa
This was a solid followup to the first book, though it was a bit heavy on the world building and filler for my taste. It was to be expected though, and I'm curious to see where Xar and Wish end up next.

Would I have picked this up if David Tennant wasn't narrating it? Probably not. Will I pick up the rest of the books in the series if he narrates them? Yes. Yes I will.

As with the first installment, the narration also included fun sound effects and music to accompany songs. My favorite by far wa
Kat Drennan-Scace
I continue to adore David Tennant’s narration of this series! This is a fun quest type journey that feels a bit like a middle book (ie not too much of major importance happens). Nevertheless, this series is a great audiobook and I’ll probably continue on with it.
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions 2 12 Dec 13, 2018 02:58AM
Goodreads Librari...: 3 discrete listings for same work (please combine) 2 18 Aug 26, 2018 07:00AM

• Masquerade at the Wells (Sadler's Wells, #4)
  • Goblins
  • Man on the Moon (A Day in the Life of Bob)
  • Fireweed
  • Night of the Gargoyles
  • Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2)
  • Texting the Underworld
  • The Well Between The Worlds (Lyonesse, #1)
  • An Illustrated Treasury of Scottish Folk and Fairy Tales
  • The White Horse of Zennor: And Other Stories
  • Marcy and the Riddle of the Sphinx
  • Would You Rather...
  • Brave Jane Austen: Reader, Writer, Author, Rebel
  • A Very Singular Guild (City of Orphans, #3)
  • I Am Henry Finch
  • Ministry of Pandemonium
  • The Evil Wizard Smallbone
  • Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes
Cressida Cowell grew up in London and on a small, uninhabited island off the west coast of Scotland. She was convinced that there were dragons living on this island, and has been fascinated by dragons ever since. She has a BA in English Literature from Oxford University, a BA in Graphic Design from St Martin's and an MA in Narrative Illustration from Brighton. Cressida loves illustrating her own w ...more

The Wizards of Once (3 books)
  • The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1)
  • The Wizards of Once: Knock Three Times
“But then," said Caliburn, "the adults are making such an almighty mess of things maybe we have to put our faith in the children, crazy and unrealistic and reckless though they are...” 2 likes
“Me and the moon, the moon and me
When all the world gives up on me
When everyone thinks bad about me
I still have the moon, it`s me and the moon
It`s always the moon and me

So I have to keep running, keep running
Can`t stop in case I bite someone
Keep running, keep running
I thought I was good and then I looked down
My shaggy coat, my wolfy paws
I`m bad as a snake and meaner than grit
Don`t try to stop me `cause you will get bit
Let me keep running

I`m running for the moon, up to the moon
Where I can be good
When all the world gives up on me
When everyone thinks bad about me
I still have the moon, it`s me and the moon
Mostly it`s me and the moon”
1 likes