Start by marking “Every Breath” as Want to Read:

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  38,611 ratings  ·  3,519 reviews
In the romantic tradition of The Notebook and Nights in Rodanthe, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with a story about a chance encounter that becomes a touchstone for two vastly different individuals -- transcending decades, continents, and the bittersweet workings of fate.

Hope Anderson is at a crossroads. At thirty-six, she's been dating her boyfriend, an orthop
Audiobook, 9 pages
Published November 16th 2018 by Hachette Audio (first published October 16th 2018)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Oct 15, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win a paperback copy of EVERY BREATH by Nicholas Sparks!

*NO PO BOXES*

An epic love story that spans decad

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 8293 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Oct 18 - Oct 31, 2019

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Every Breath, please sign up.
    Amy I agree with you. "Tricked" is the perfect word, and I do resent it. However, having said that, I'm glad he admitted it at the end. I would have been…moreI agree with you. "Tricked" is the perfect word, and I do resent it. However, having said that, I'm glad he admitted it at the end. I would have been even more upset to have found out later from another source. (less)

·  38,611 ratings  ·  3,519 reviews

Melissa
    Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    There are stories that rise from mysterious, unknown places, and others that are discovered, a gift from someone else.

Found near a sandy dune, on an actual stretch of North Carolina beach, sits a community mailbox—owned by no one and everyone. A character in its own right, Kindred Spirit rests atop a driftwood post, waiting to share the hopes and dreams entrusted by past visitors, along with this resounding message: love endures.

Letters and photocopied drawings available for perusal during the time of Nicholas Sparks’ own visit to tmailbox—owned
    Mischenko
    Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Spoilers ahead!

I just finished Every Breath this morning and it turned out to be pretty good. Once I got about half way through I was leary with the direction the book was taking, but by the end it came together nicely.

Hope is in a relationship that she isn't exactly content with. Her boyfriend Josh doesn't seem to be committing and after six years she wonders what their future holds. Her dad has been diagnosed with a debilitating health condition and she doesn't know how much time they h
    Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
    I loved this novel. For those that enjoy a timeless, classic, romantic love story....check this one out. From the beginning author’s introduction from Nicholas Sparks to the very end, I was fully enraptured and captivated. As so many important novels do, it had me thinking about life and circumstance throughout reading and left me with similar questioning thoughts once I turned the last page.

This book has all the makings of a love story to remember from the characters’ strength, resilience, and
    Lola
    This was a simple and yet very unique love story. The love story itself was complex, as much happened around it, but the idea of having two people meet, fall in love and then go through hardships will not boggle anyone’s mind. It’s the events that lead to those things that will fascinate the readers and make them read on and on and on until they finish this book in a single day.

That’s what happened to me. I don’t know if it’s because I was procrastinating with my school work or becau
    Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Every Breath
    Series: Standalone
    Author: Nicholas Sparks
    Release date: October 16, 2018

Every Breath had a lot of promise to be a big winner for me, but unfortunately it didn't reach my expectations. Based on the synopsis, it sounded like an emotional ill-fated love story with the potential for a second chance later in life. How long can a dream survive? it poses.

Mistakes were inevitable, and she’d concluded that regrets could impart important lessons in life, if one was willing to learn from them. And in that sense, she realized that her father had been only ha2018
    EverySparks
    ReleaseStandalone
    Breath
    KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
    ➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

In the romantic tradition of The Notebook and Nights in Rodanthe Nicholas Sparks brings us EVERY BREATH which Is a full length, stand alone romance novel.

Like previous novels by this author he has such an uncanny knack of weaving a magic spell over his readers Every Breath is no different, unique in every way, it drew me in as soon as I started reading it.

In this we’re introduced to forty two year old Tru, an unconventional man of many layof The
    An Aussie Book Nerd
    I really wanted to give this 5 stars before I read it, because I love Nic Spark books. However, this one had just a little too much unbelievable sap for me. Too far fetched.

I disliked the 20year fast forward as well.

I’m both disappointed and pleased. I liked it in spots and I disliked it 🤷🏽♀
    Jennifer Kyle
    Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    4.5 Stars ⭐ ...more
    Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
    *https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
    The king of contemporary romance fiction returns with a brand new love story titled, Every Breath. This is a love at first sight classic romance, that sees destiny play a huge role in shaping the lives of two individuals, Tru and Hope. Sparks describes his latest novel as ‘a classic story of lovers long denied’. I think this quote perfectly summarises what you can expect when you pick up Every Breath.

T
    arini
    Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

(read in audiobook format)

not the kind i was hoping for from nicholas sparks, but it was still a beautiful sappy love story. albeit one that was also too farfetched. i mean, isn't that the case with this author though?? his books seem to always have some kind of tragic irony and a touch of miracle happening inside that sometimes come off a little contrived and overdramatic.

✨ 2.5 "TEPID LOVE" stars ✨

while this author has successfully made falling in love with someone after only being in their company for a short period ofoverdramatic.
    Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Every Breath is the first Nicholas Sparks book I have read. I wanted to love it but, unfortunately, I was underwhelmed.

The author wants us to believe that Tru and Hope fall passionately in love after spending two days together. It is not entirely improbable, but to me it felt more like two strangers forming a wonderful bond of friendship rather than starting a romance. Any sparks are tepid at best, and the declarations of love come out of left field.

The story is rushed, but it also seems to drag in pstars
    Every
    Suzanne
    Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    What a beautiful story. It just shows you how small the world can be at times. Once I started reading it, I didn’t stop. A quick one sitting read.

One thing I thoroughly enjoyed about this one was Nicholas Sparks’ personal words within the book. It really indicated how moved he was by the true story that inspired him in writing this book. It was lovely. There’s really no other way to put it.

My quick and simple overall: devastatingly beautiful ok so many fronts.
    Dale Harcombe
    Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    After six years with her boyfriend Josh, Hope Anderson is not sure what comes next. Far too often the relationship between her and Josh is one that fluctuates between on and off. She needs to decide what she wants and how much she is prepared to invest in a relationship that seems to be going nowhere. The other main character is Tru (short for Truitt) Wallis, a safari guide, who has lived for many years in Zimbabwe, a country he has no intention of leaving. That is, until a letter from a man cla ...more
    Megan Johnson
    Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I'll be the first to admit I'm generally not a Nicholas Sparks fan. "They're all the same," Ive said over and over. To be honest, this one's not that much different - North Carolina, two people fall in love ridiculously fast, oh no something bad happens, it's all good cause something good happens too.

But maybe that predictability was what I was in the mood for cause I actually really enjoyed this one. Still not sure why I picked it up but hey, I it worked out.
    crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
    🔹The destiny that matters most in anyone’s life is the one concerning love.🔸
    - Nicholas Sparks

“Demasiadas pessoas passavam as suas vidas a desempenhar um papel que pensavam que deviam desempenhar, em vez de serem simplesmente quem eram.”
    “Too many people spent their lives performing a role they thought they were supposed to play, as opposed to simply being who they were.”
    - Hope Anderson

* * *
    “Gostaria que as coisas tivessem sido diferentes para
    Kelly K
    Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2018
    Justine Ridder
    My least favorite Nicholas Sparks book for sure. The story begins with what you believe is Nicholas Sparks finding a letter at Kindred Spirits in North Carolina. He feels like he must find this person to talk to first get their full story then to them about possibly writing a book on this story. He ends up getting permission, and the story officially begins. This book was insta-love which I really dislike. I felt like the book was incredibly rushed and didn't connect to either of the characters. ...more
    Susan

Nicholas Sparks

EVERY BREATH absolutely shredded my heart! Nicholas Sparks speaks to my heart with each and every novel he has written and EVERY BREATH is no exception. What a beautiful story of second chances, love, guilt and fate. Hope Anderson has been dealing with some tough issues and decides to head to the beach to clear her mind before her friends wedding. There she meets Tru Walls and feels an instant connection to him. She is also in an on again
    Emily Moretti
    Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Nicholas Sparks, you never cease to amaze me. With your words you create worlds and stories I could never even imagine, and in a few pages you make us read about the love of a lifetime. And “Every Breath” is just another example of how great and unique your writing skills are. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for making me believe and fall in love with love itself at every turning page.
    Erin Clemence
    Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    The saccharine sweet, endearingly romantic Nicholas Sparks is back with his latest novel, “Every Breath”.

Hope has retreated to her parents’ cottage in North Carolina, to prepare for the wedding of her best friend and to think about her life. Abandoned by her long-time boyfriend, she desperately wishes for a child and begins to question her life choices. Tru Walls has been working on an African game reserve most of his life, when out of the blue, he receives a letter from his biological father,
    Kathryn in FL
    If you want a good love story, set in recent times, then you reach for Nicholas Sparks. This book will probably be considered one of his best books. It is obvious to this reader that tremendous time was invested in its researching and composing this story. The characters are interesting and their story is intriguing. Sparks excels at creating atmosphere as well. This story has movie potential and I would not be surprised if the sales are high that sharp producers may consider this a slam dunk! ...more
    Gina *loves sunshine*
    I’ve been pretty critical of Nicholas Sparks’ last few books. I have always admired his novels and credited him for being such a force in the Romance genre, as a male author I think it is so unique!! I’ll probably repeat myself again but when he wrote The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, The True Believer duet, nights in Rodanthe, his memoir 3 weeks with my brother - he really upped his game, those were all my favorites!!! And I have to remember that all authors have their set of phenomenal books, ...more
    Marc Bougharios
    Romance novels aren’t really my genre but I’ve heard a lot of good things about Nicholas Sparks and thought it was time to try and read a novel by him. That’s not the only reason I picked this book, but also because the story seemed really nice and it seemed like something I would enjoy reading.

What I liked most about this novel is that it’s a true story and it’s just such a cute little romance novel with an equal amount of sad moments involved. It’s so pure and Sparks writes so beautifully it’
    Sherri Thacker
    Whenever I read a Nicholas Sparks book, it is ALWAYS a 4-5 star book for me so I was excited when my library got this in so fast and I was first on the wait list!! This book is fabulous!! A beautiful love story !! 5 stars!!!
    Haley
    Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    “It’s because of you, after all, that I now believe in miracles. With us, I want to believe that anything will always be possible.”

I remember the first Nicholas Sparks novel I ever read. I was in 6th grade (2003) and I picked up A Walk to Remember at Walmart. It was the movie tie in cover, with Mandy Moore and Shane West holding hands— which I still have to this day. I read the whole book that night and begged my mom to buy me the movie, and thankfully, she did. I think I watched that movie every day for the
    Sherry
    Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    One of the best romance novels I’ve ever read. It spans a number years. I am always surprised that Nicholas Sparks is such a gifted author of romance novels, being a man, I mean. Loved it!!!
    Cassie-Traveling Sister-
    I can always rely on Nicholas sparks for a beautifully written love story, one that makes me cling to every word cry and laugh and just never want to put the book down and miss the characters as soon as I close the book when I’m finished reading. Every breath introduces us to Tru Walls who travels from Zimbabwe to North Carolina to meet his biological father. Here he meets Hope Anderson. The five days Tru and Hope spend together will forever change their lives . This book was heartwarming and al ...more
    Brittany
    Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: year-2018, romance
    5 stars 🌟!!
    The destiny that matters most in anyone’s life Is the one concerning love... 💗
    Son of a Safari.... Nicholas Sparks... you slay me Every.Single.Time. From the first line, I could not put this book down, I devoured it. I was once again transported into this beautiful place you created with your magical words and imagined being inside this story right along with the characters. This was such a timeless romantic story that leaves you remembering his earlier works, such as A Walk to Remem
    Ashley
    Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019, btb-2019
    Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

First, I have to thank my friend Megan for buying me this book and reading Nicholas Sparks’ books with me this April. After reading A Bend in the Road to start our Nicholas Sparks reading month, I was a little nervous about reading Every Breath. I didn’t know if I would enjoy it as much as I hoped to – maybe my tastes had changed too much.

Luckily, Every Breath captured my attention from the very first page and I simply could not put this book d
    Katie (katieladyreads)
    In typical Nicholas Sparks fashion this love story is almost unbearably sappy but shines in that it’s based loosely on a real couple spanning decades. If you need a good cry or are in the mood to believe in true love pick this one up!
    Book club questions 1 33 Jan 03, 2019 03:46AM

• When We Were Young (The Baxter Family, #4)
    • The Noel Stranger (The Noel Collection, #2)
    • Every Time You Go Away
    • Beach House Reunion (Beach House, #5)
    • Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
    • Cottage by the Sea
    • Sunset Beach
    • Beautiful Disaster
    • The Friends We Keep
    • California Girls
    • Unforgettable You (Silver Springs, #5)
    • Never Have I Ever
    • Between You and Me
    • Dear Wife
    • The First Lady
    • Someone Knows
    • Run Away
    • Under Currents

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with over 105 million copies sold worldwide, in more than 50 languages, including over 75 million copies in the United States alone.

Sparks wrote one of his best-known stories, The Notebook, over a period of six months at age 28. It was published in 1996 and he followed with the novels Message in a Bottle (1998)alone.

Sparks

“A life, after all, is simply a series of little lives, each of them lived one day at a time, and every single one of those days has choices and consequences. Piece by piece, those decisions help to form the people we become.” 16 likes
    “Falling in love is the easy part; making that love last amid life’s varied challenges is an elusive dream for many.” 14 likes