Start by marking “Tempted by the Badge” as Want to Read:
Tempted by the Badge

Tempted by the Badge

(To Serve and Seduce #2)

Proving her innocence…at all costs

The exciting second book of the To Serve and Seduce miniseries

Former Chicago cop Mingus Black is used to liars. So why does the PI believe a teacher who insists she’s being framed? Joanna Barnes is totally convincing…in more ways than one. The chemistry between Mingus and Joanna becomes perilously potent, but until he can find out who fr
Published March 5th 2019 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by the Badge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by the Badge

Lisa Book Shelf
From Net galley for a book tour. This is book second in a series. This one featuring Mingus Black and Joann. A hot book with great characters and family dynamics a true pleasure to read. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Lynn Brooks
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strong characters, a compelling plot and just enough mystery to nab my attention and keep it throughout! The powerful Black family is once again center stage with the second book in the To Serve and Seduce series. When Simone’s best friend finds herself in need of some help, Simone calls out the big guns of her brothers the lawyer, PI and cop. Lots of mystery, sexy seduction and close knit family time. Really loved this story!

Former cop, turned PI Mingus Black is used to seeing the unsavory side
Peggy A
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intrigue with a bit of spice.

The title alone got me started while reading this novel. I was tempted each time that I opened my kindle to finish the read. But as with all of Deborah's books I find myself savoring them so that they don't end to soon. But alas temptation got the best of my when the light bulb went of in Mingus's head, I couldn't close my kindle after that. I gave Tempted by The Badge five stars because as always Ms. Fletcher-Mello brought it as usual. I can't wait for the release o
Carolyn J.
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempted for sure

Girl I will hold his badge any day. The series is heating up to epic levels now. Mingus Black had my attention with the cover. A decorated teacher accused of having a fling with her student, Joanna Barnes was devastated. Her dear friend was a member of the Black family of police detectives, lawyers , the chief of police, and a PI. Mingus was the PI called to investigate and clear Joanna's name. The story had many turns that lead in the direction of love.
Shone
Deep Dynamics

Book two of the To Serve and Seduce is spellbinding, held my attention from start to finish. Hatred, secrets, and special relationship tugging on the heart. Laughter, tears, sadness, and love lead to what next. Magnus and Joanna are deep and dynamic together or apart. Enjoyed seeing Danni, Armstrong as well as other members of the Black family.

#Cillasbookmaniacs
Edwina Putney
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an incredibly fast-paced book that kept me hooked and in suspense from beginning to end. The storyline was realistic, ripped right from the news in almost any city, any day. And the main characters, private investigator Mingus Black and high school history teacher Joanna Barnes, are believable to the point of me talking to them. Kudos to author Deborah Fletcher Mello for another great read.
#CillasBookmaniacs
Brenda Smith
Serve and Seduce

I really enjoyed this book, it kept me guessing all the way to the way to the end. Never knowing who to suspect then bam it wasn't who I thought. Excellent, exciting and definitely attention. Very nice Mrs.Deborah Mello can't wait to see what going on with the mother and who the next family member is in October kudos.
CaroMommie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so incredibly good! Mingus and Joanna were a couple I could get behind. Ms. Mello wrote Mingus so well I was in his head, or was he in mine?

Either way, the suspense and intrigue kept me on the edge of my seat, and I loooooved it. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, I think you will as well.
Tracy Hale
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

This was a great romantic suspense that grabs you from the first page. Mingus and Joanna are each other's heart. I can't wait for the next read. #DeborahMelloneverdisappoints
NANETTE
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempted Indeed

Mingus Black is the man. His quiet commanding personality is sexy as heck. TheBlack Family as a whole are and interesting family. Joanna Barnes needed a hero and that is what she got... I loved this book. Very well done Ms Mello
Gwendolyn Morris
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth Reading Twice

Mingus & Joanna’s story had me from the beginning! The twists and turns of it all right down to the Commissioner being in “trouble” had me interested! A very good read with some spicy mixed in! ❤❤❤🗣
Ro Alexander-mclendon
I really enjoyed the book! The family connection was nice to revisit again and Mingus and Joanna had a totally believable connection. The added suspense to figure out who framed her and why was icing on the cake. The author never disappoints!
Geri Evans
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes to Joanna and Mingus!!

I loved the dynamics between Joanna and Mingus! This story had a little bit of everything and encompassed a gamut of characters and situations! This is a must read! You won’t be disappointed!! 💜
tera mcleod
Great continuation

OMG..she did it again..to be able to weave a story of love.. betrayal and loss so effectively is simply amazing...this author has never disappointed me...I now have to patiently wait for more...simply put...Good Read!!!
Lottie Avery
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Just as good as the first one! I hope there will be more there love was true. It was heartwarming.
Lee Holden, E.
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Excellent read, I loved the storyline and characters. Mingus and Joanna are a great match. This story was a page turner of mystery and deceit. I recommend this book.
Sandra Postell
marie jose van der lee
Feb 26, 2019
Myrlita Clark
Jan 05, 2019

For Deborah Fletcher Mello, writing is as necessary as breathing and she firmly believes that if she could not write she would cease to exist. Her first novel, TAKE ME TO HEART, earned her a 2004 Romance Slam Jam nomination for Best New Author. In 2005 she received Book of the Year and Favorite Heroine nominations for her novel THE RIGHT SIDE OF LOVE. In 2008, Deborah won the Romantic Times Review

To Serve and Seduce (2 books)
  • Seduced by the Badge (To Serve and Seduce #1)