Start by marking “Tempted by the Badge (To Serve and Seduce #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempted by the Badge (To Serve and Seduce #2)

Tempted by the Badge

(To Serve and Seduce #2)

Proving her innocence...at all costs

The exciting second book of the To Serve and Seduce miniseries

Former Chicago cop Mingus Black is used to liars. So why does the PI believe a teacher who insists she's being framed? Joanna Barnes is totally convincing...in more ways than one. The chemistry between Mingus and Joanna becomes perilously potent, but until he can find out
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published March 5th 2019 by Harlequin Romantic Suspense (first published February 7th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by the Badge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by the Badge

Start your review of Tempted by the Badge (To Serve and Seduce #2)
Elaine
I thoroughly enjoy reading romantic suspense and this is another great example of the genre! The fact that it involves a teacher, Joanna Barnes, protesting her innocence despite lots of evidence to the contrary made it even better for me. I found it so easy to relate to Joanna and was so glad her best friend’s brother, Mingus Black, also believed her and sought to help prove her innocent. It is an intricate plot with plenty of red herrings and surprises.

The main characters are well developed and
Lisa Book Stacks
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From Net galley for a book tour. This is book second in a series. This one featuring Mingus Black and Joann. A hot book with great characters and family dynamics a true pleasure to read. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Tiffany Reads It All
Tempted by the Badge by Deborah Fletcher Mello is the second book in the To Serve and Seduce miniseries. I read it as a standalone and didn’t have issues keeping track of the story. Overall, I enjoyed this romantic suspense that really caught my attention in the first half. However, the second half lagged a bit for me and I thought the resolution seemed a little too tidy.

Beloved high school history teacher Joanna Barnes stands accused of a horrible crime. One of her students is accusing her of h
Olivia
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-reviews
"Tempted by the Badge" is an engaging romantic suspense. Joanna is a teacher at a high school in Chicago, who is hearing rumors that a teacher is about to get arrested for having an affair with a student. She is completely shocked when it turns out to be her, considering she would never cross that line. Luckily, Mingus, a private investigator, believes her and is willing to work her case. As he tracks down the evidence and gets to the truth of the matter, the case is even bigger than expected.

Th
Alice
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Follow the money and you can find the culprit!

In this Chicago high school we have a young beautiful high achieving teacher Joanna who was loved by most of the students, teachers and administrators alike. There was however one teacher who hated Joanna and was greedy for riches! So said devious teacher and a lazy but intelligent male student falsely accused Joanna of sexually abusing the male student. It helps to have friends in high places! In this case the highly affluent Black family (the famil
Lynn Brooks
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strong characters, a compelling plot and just enough mystery to nab my attention and keep it throughout! The powerful Black family is once again center stage with the second book in the To Serve and Seduce series. When Simone’s best friend finds herself in need of some help, Simone calls out the big guns of her brothers the lawyer, PI and cop. Lots of mystery, sexy seduction and close knit family time. Really loved this story!

Former cop, turned PI Mingus Black is used to seeing the unsavory side
Kimberlee
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when someone is trying to destroy your life? You fight back. That’s what Joanna Barnes has to do in order to figure out who is trying to ruin her.

Enter Mingus Black, of the Chicago Blacks, the family full of law enforcement officials. Mingus is doing a favor for his brother and sister, who is Joanna’s best friend, to work this case. But what he doesn’t expect is the heat that flows between him and Joanna when they first meet.

This book had me all in my feelings. I was ready to chok
Louise
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating 4.5

REVIEW:
This is the second installment of the “To Serve and Seduce “series and I have to say that I so enjoyed this book from beginning to end. This story had everything from charm, drama and suspense. Mingus is a guy that walk to the beat of his drum. Mingus Black is a former Chicago cop turn Private Investigator. Joanna Barnes is a high school teacher who come from a long line of educators, so it was only naturally that she wanted to be in the education field. Joanna has been accused
Dj
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Proving her innocence…at all costs. Former Chicago cop Mingus Black is used to liars. So why does the (Private Investigator) believe a (teacher) who insists she’s innocent? Joanna Barnes is totally convincing…in more ways than one. The chemistry between Mingus and Joanna becomes perilously potent, but until he can find out who framed her for a heinous crime, everything they love hangs in the balance. She’s accused of sex with a student David Locklear and he has pictures sent from her phone, show ...more
Nana Prah
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading a book by Ms. Mello and I’m one happy reader. The story was filled with intrigue that kept me engaged while evoking rage, sorrow, and the need to see justice administered.
Mingus is a pure alpha who knows how to get things done. Only he likes to do it his way, a little outside the rules. Unorthodox, but effective.
I felt bad for Joanna and what she was going though. Ms. Mello made the woman suffer, but she stayed strong and sure throughout. Although Joanna made a mov
Peggy A
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intrigue with a bit of spice.

The title alone got me started while reading this novel. I was tempted each time that I opened my kindle to finish the read. But as with all of Deborah's books I find myself savoring them so that they don't end to soon. But alas temptation got the best of my when the light bulb went of in Mingus's head, I couldn't close my kindle after that. I gave Tempted by The Badge five stars because as always Ms. Fletcher-Mello brought it as usual. I can't wait for the release o
Rowena Winfrey
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Badge That Saved a Teacher

Tempted by the Badge was selected by one of my book clubs. I had actually forgotten to read it until the day of my discussion. Best two hours I've ever spent! Deborah Fletcher Mello kept me spellbound, with characters that were well defined, chemistry between Joanna and Mingus that sizzled off the pages, and a plot that left me nearly breathless at its conclusion!! Great book, second in a series. Going back to read the first book, and anxiously awaiting the third on
Sassy Southern
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the the first book I've read by Deborah Fletcher Mello and I really enjoyed it. It is very suspenseful and romantic at the same time. It keeps you on the edge of your seat seat for the whole book.

Mingus Black is the only one that believes Joanna is innocent. She is accused of a very bad crime and suspended from her teaching job and just doesn't k ow what to do with herself or her problem. The Mingus steps in to help and all the lies around her accusers start to unravel.

I loved this book
Toth Jo-Ann
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
This book is well written and fascinating to read. Mingus Black is a neat character to read about. For his family teaches you about loyalty. Joanna Barnes is another neat character. For her its her students that matter and her honesty. Its a well written story that has great action and mystery. When you find out who is behind things it will surprise you. There is great romance in this story and its definitely worth reading. There is some sad parts to this story. I will be looking for more of her ...more
Shone
Deep Dynamics

Book two of the To Serve and Seduce is spellbinding, held my attention from start to finish. Hatred, secrets, and special relationship tugging on the heart. Laughter, tears, sadness, and love lead to what next. Magnus and Joanna are deep and dynamic together or apart. Enjoyed seeing Danni, Armstrong as well as other members of the Black family.

#Cillasbookmaniacs
Edwina Putney
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an incredibly fast-paced book that kept me hooked and in suspense from beginning to end. The storyline was realistic, ripped right from the news in almost any city, any day. And the main characters, private investigator Mingus Black and high school history teacher Joanna Barnes, are believable to the point of me talking to them. Kudos to author Deborah Fletcher Mello for another great read.
#CillasBookmaniacs
Carolyn
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempted for sure

Girl I will hold his badge any day. The series is heating up to epic levels now. Mingus Black had my attention with the cover. A decorated teacher accused of having a fling with her student, Joanna Barnes was devastated. Her dear friend was a member of the Black family of police detectives, lawyers , the chief of police, and a PI. Mingus was the PI called to investigate and clear Joanna's name. The story had many turns that lead in the direction of love.
Antionette
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soul Satisfying Suspense

Wow! Tempted by the Badge was an awesome romantic suspense. Characters like Mingus and Joanna burst from each page with their totally opposite personalities. The family dynamics and love from the Blacks were on point. I thoroughly enjoyed the chivalry of Mingus while still trying to prove Joanna's innocence beyond a shadow of doubt. I read the book in two days. Deborah Mello's villains are even well developed characters. READ IT! 5 🌟
Amanda
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deborah Fletcher Mello is a new-to-me author. This is the first time I’ve read one of her books. Did I enjoy Tempted by the Badge? Yes. Yes. Yes! This is the second book in a new series and it hooked me from the start. Tempted by the Badge is a tautly woven, intense thriller. I gravitated towards Mingus and Joanna, obsessed to see how their story pans. In the end? I devoured every word, satisfied with that breath-taking ending! Recommended? Yes!

4.5 Stars
CaroMommie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so incredibly good! Mingus and Joanna were a couple I could get behind. Ms. Mello wrote Mingus so well I was in his head, or was he in mine?

Either way, the suspense and intrigue kept me on the edge of my seat, and I loooooved it. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, I think you will as well.
Brenda Smith
Serve and Seduce

I really enjoyed this book, it kept me guessing all the way to the way to the end. Never knowing who to suspect then bam it wasn't who I thought. Excellent, exciting and definitely attention. Very nice Mrs.Deborah Mello can't wait to see what going on with the mother and who the next family member is in October kudos.
Dawn Foster
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempted by the Badge is the first book from this series and this author that I have read, and I must say I loved it! Meeting the members of the Black family and how they work together was wonderful to read. I enjoyed following Mingus and Joanna's story, and look forward to reading more from this series.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
tera mcleod
Great continuation

OMG..she did it again..to be able to weave a story of love.. betrayal and loss so effectively is simply amazing...this author has never disappointed me...I now have to patiently wait for more...simply put...Good Read!!!
Gwendolyn Morris
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth Reading Twice

Mingus & Joanna’s story had me from the beginning! The twists and turns of it all right down to the Commissioner being in “trouble” had me interested! A very good read with some spicy mixed in! ❤️❤️❤️🗣
Ro Alexander-mclendon
I really enjoyed the book! The family connection was nice to revisit again and Mingus and Joanna had a totally believable connection. The added suspense to figure out who framed her and why was icing on the cake. The author never disappoints!
NANETTE
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempted Indeed

Mingus Black is the man. His quiet commanding personality is sexy as heck. TheBlack Family as a whole are and interesting family. Joanna Barnes needed a hero and that is what she got... I loved this book. Very well done Ms Mello
Geri  Evans
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes to Joanna and Mingus!!

I loved the dynamics between Joanna and Mingus! This story had a little bit of everything and encompassed a gamut of characters and situations! This is a must read! You won’t be disappointed!! 💜
Tracy
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

This was a great romantic suspense that grabs you from the first page. Mingus and Joanna are each other's heart. I can't wait for the next read. #DeborahMelloneverdisappoints
Toni
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deborah Mello has written a compelling suspense story with romance has a background. I love Mingus gets the job done! Joanna was strong in a circumstance that would bring someone else to their knees. I can't wait for the next book in the To Serve and Seduce series.

• Forget Me Not (Catalina Cove #2)
  • His to Claim (The Westmoreland Legacy #4)
  • Betrayed (Atlanta's Finest #5)
  • The Reluctant Bid
  • At the CEO's Pleasure: A Billionaire Boss Workplace Romance (The Stewart Heirs Book 1)
  • A Lesson On Love (Jenkins & Sons Construction #3)
  • Finding Home Again (Catalina Cove, #3)
  • Engaging the Enemy (The Bourbon Brothers, #3)
  • Sin City Vows (Sin City Secrets #1)
  • Duty or Desire (The Westmoreland Legacy #5)
  • Seduced by a Steele (Forged of Steele #12)
  • Let Me Please You (McClain Brothers #4.5)
  • A Bid on Forever (Distinguished Gentlemen, #1)
  • The Closing Bid
  • The Birthday Bid: Distinguished Gentlemen Series
  • The Contingency Bid
  • The Bid Catcher
  • With Your Permission (In The Heart Of A Valentine #5)

For Deborah Fletcher Mello, writing is as necessary as breathing and she firmly believes that if she could not write she would cease to exist. Her first novel, TAKE ME TO HEART, earned her a 2004 Romance Slam Jam nomination for Best New Author. In 2005 she received Book of the Year and Favorite Heroine nominations for her novel THE RIGHT SIDE OF LOVE. In 2008, Deborah won the Romantic Times Review

To Serve and Seduce (3 books)
  • Seduced by the Badge (To Serve and Seduce #1)
  • Reunited by the Badge (To Serve and Seduce, #3)