Start by marking “West of Famous” as Want to Read:
West of Famous

West of Famous

This contemporary suspense story, set in Florida, features a strong female protagonist facing the issues of identity, mortality, and survival after kidnappers mistake her for a celebrity. The boating community known as Loopers play a key role in the story.

This is the third book in the Compass Crimes series, which is a collection of stories linked by an ensemble cast of cha
Published February 17th 2019 by Joni M. Fisher

To ask other readers questions about West of Famous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about West of Famous

Bonnye Reed
GNAKo . West of Famous was an intense, fast paced novel of 2010 Florida that compels you to finish before you stop. Our lead protagonist is fiesty, spiritual, and smart. It is strictly circumstance that anyone knows she is in trouble as she lied to most in order to take a little job over summer break at Oxford. We involve the Florida State Police, a couple of county cops, the FBI, and several other initial agencies in hopes of rescuing our girl, but she has a lot going for her - if they can't fi ...more
Cheryl Riecke
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Compelling spiritual

Great fast moving book.

This is the third book in the series but can be read as stand alone.

As other reviewers have mentioned the strength and spirituality of the female character which got her through the difficult situation.

I also enjoyed her thought process instead of being the victim she thought of ways to save herself.

Can’t wait for the fourth book.
Timothy Browne
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joni Fisher hits the bullseye with West of Famous!

West of Famous is the third in Ms. Fisher’s suspenseful, crime series and I loved it!
Fisher wraps her intriguing drama in captivating characters and a well-developed plot that seizes you from the first sentence to the last. Through the Compass Crimes Series, I have fallen in love with the cast of characters and West of Famous can be read as a stand-alone or in sequence. With the third in the series, Fisher had established herself with the other g
Kay Faris-Avery
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kidnapped while playing the part of a celebrity stand-in, Martina Ramos is terrified. She regrets the secret she's kept from her family, but she can't put things right with two masked men holding her hostage on a boat in the middle of the Everglades. The reader feels the fear from Page One to the denouement. Grab a copy of this mystery-romance. You'll be glad you did. --Kay Beth Avery
Donna Basgil
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better. Love the characters. Fast paced. I found myself turning the pages to find what happens next
T Olsen
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent plot and a very well written story with very strong characters. This book is also a very good example of suspense with very little violence.
Iola
Aug 10, 2019 added it
Things go wrong when college student Martina Ramos takes a job as a body double for a famous teen singer while the singer goes to rehab. Instead of spending her time at film openings or in clubs, Martina is kidnapped. The first line takes us straight into the story:

"Martina Ramos opened her eyes in hazy darkness on a cold floor that reeked of vomit and a chemical she couldn't identify."

West of Famous is the third book in a series, following South of Justice and North of the Killing Hand. I haven
Judy Christiana
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
West of Famous by Joni M. Fisher is the 3rd book in a series, however the books can be read alone and fully understood. I do recommend reading the entire series, since like most series books, they build on each other and background information is gained that makes story deeper. It has been a while since I read books 1 and 2 and at this point I do not remember the details but I remember the character’s relationships and the major situations from the previous stories.
This story is about a young wo
Brenda Luedeman
McPhaul M.
May 18, 2019
Catherine
Mar 12, 2019
After working decades in journalism, Joni M. Fisher turned to crime.

Her Compass Crimes series has garnered attention in Publisher's Weekly and earned recognition in the 2017 National Indie Excellence Awards, the 2016 Royal Palm Literary Awards, the Indiana Golden Opportunity Contest, and the Sheila Contest.

She serves on the Arts and Humanities Advisory Board for Southeastern University and is a