Start by marking “Captivating the Scoundrel (Legendary Rogues, #4)” as Want to Read:
Captivating the Scoundrel (Legendary Rogues, #4)

Captivating the Scoundrel

(Legendary Rogues #4)

Daphne Foliot has always known she’ll be married off to a man who, like her, descended from one of King Arthur’s fabled knights. That doesn’t mean she wants to be, even if it is her beloved father’s wish. Raised without a mother, she owes everything to the man who encouraged and funded her education and supports her dream of becoming the first female member of the Order of ...more
Published January 29th 2019 by Intrepid Reads

To ask other readers questions about Captivating the Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captivating the Scoundrel

Start your review of Captivating the Scoundrel (Legendary Rogues, #4)
eyes.2c
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Legendary Rogues--a Regency era treat!

A dramatic conclusion to the the search for the search for the Thirteen Treasures of the Knights of the Round Table. "items gathered by Arthur and his knights for one of their own—Gareth—so that he could win his bride.”
Gideon Kersey is a direct descendant of Gareth and he has a plan to regain the dagger, one of the treasures, from Timothy Foliot the power behind the shadowy Camelot group, all descendants from Arthur's Knights, who are pursuing the treasures
Barbara Rogers
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Series: Legendary Rogues #4
Publication Date: 1/29/19

This story just sucks you in from the very first word on the very first page and then holds you hostage long after you’ve read the last word. It is an exciting and intricately woven tale of romance, adventure, and mystery. The writing is excellent, the characters are all admirable, and I’m sorry that this is the last book in the series.

The series revolves around the Thirteen Treasures and the people who are seeking them – either to protect the
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The beginning of the story threw me back a bit. It felt like I was suppose to know more about the back story of the 13 Treasures of Britain. But as I continued to read I remember Gideon from other stories. Things began to come back to me. I fell in love with Gideon. The story moves relatively quick. With some twist and turns.

The story has adventure, romance, mystery and a loveable H/H A Solid Good Read
AnnMarie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captivating the Scoundrel is the fourth book in the Legendary Rogues series by Darcy Burke. I haven't read any of the other books and believe that you don't need to in order to understand and enjoy this book. That said, I enjoyed this book so much that I am definitely going to go back and read the series from the start.

Daphne Foliot is an expert on all things Arthurian, impossible not to be with a father who is obsessed with that time but more importantly finding 13 magical artefacts wielded by
Maggie Whitworth
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
💋💋
The fourth in the series of Legendary Rogues , and non is more Legendary or Roguish than Gideon.
Yes , Darcy is in redeeming mode in this book , and so she should be , I’ve had a soft spot for this guy for a while now , I always seem to go for the black sheep .
But honestly Gideon is a great character, one I’ve never seen as bad, Not really .
He’s lonely, he’s needs love in the worst way , Mainly because he still has abandonment issues caused by his mother , he was brought up by mayb
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the last in a series about the legend of King Arthur which is a favorite of mine. I’ve only read the last 2 books in the series but both were fun, exciting reads. I love an adventure story and this was definitely that.
Gideon is a widowed earl who is a descendent of a knight of the round table and doesn’t want to remarry. Daphne is the daughter of the villain who is trying to steal the treasures of the round table and remove all non descendants from the order that protects the legen
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2019-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captivating the scoundrel is the 4rth (and last?) book in the Legendary Rogues series. Gideon is the hero and Daphne the heroine. Their story begins with Daphne's father is practically forcing Gideon to marry his daughter. Fast forward a short time later, we have these two going on an adventure to find one of the missing artifacts, an invisible cloak like the one in Harry Potter. No one expected to fall for the other though.

Daphne and Gideon had an interesting journey and I liked it. Their story
Tam
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved that this story did not follow the typical, historical romance 'formula'. It was a very unique tale that immediately drew me in. Not only is this a very well-written book with wonderfully-interesting characters, but the suspense builds at just the right pace as the story unfolds.

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book from NetGalley & Intrepid Reads in order to read and provide a voluntary and honest review, should I choose to do so.
Niki
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reformed-rake, arc, steamy
Facing an arranged marriage she doesn't exactly want, Daphne Foliot agrees anyway because it is what he father wants for her and she owes him everything for raising her and supporting her dream of becoming the first female member of the Order of the Round Table. Though she'd prefer the semblance of independence she has eked out so she can continue her scholarship of Arthurian legend, she doesn't want to go back on the promise she made to her father, nor can she afford to live without his financi ...more
Tracy Emro
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gideon Kersey, the Earl of Stratton (for now at least), direct descendant of Sir Gareth and sort of villain in the previous books, has turned over a new leaf, he no longer blindly follows Timothy Foliot, his former mentor and leader of the Camelot Sect with in the “Order”. His sole mission now is to find the 13 treasures and hide them away – from everyone. He goes to see Foliot and gives him Dyrnwyn, the Sword of Rhydderch Hael. He needs a dagger that is in Foliot’s possession to give to his hal ...more
Brenda
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heir to the thirteen treasures of Britain, Gideon Kersey vows to do anything to protect his family’s legacy from a secret society bent on exploiting the items for personal gain, including marry a woman he doesn’t love. Except she ignites a passion he was certain died with his first wife, and whe
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
Darcy knows how to end a series with a bang! I’ve loved the whole series, but this was favorite. The story of finding the cloak all the info surrounding Gideon being the heir to all of will have King Arthur lovers like me bouncing off the walls. Daphne and Gideon are a mix of enemies and allies turned lovers that will have you on the edge of your seat at every turn. From a rushed wedding to a great fight scene, I couldn’t put it down for a second.

Daphne is my favorite heroine. She is smart enoug
Elodie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read some books by Darcy Burke, all from The Untouchables series, so this book showed a different side of her talent.
Even if it is the last in a series, it can be read as a standalone story, over time, all the characters from the previous books were introduced.
This was the tale of a quest, a man who wants to right the wrongs he has done by restoring something grander and protecting those who could be harmed in the process. And the tale of the woman who wants to help him to prove she can b
Sonal
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I AM IN LOVE!!!!!

Daphne Foliot always knew she'd have to marry the man her father chose for her. She never imagined to be in the center of a conspiracy that'll rock her entire World.

Forced to chose between her future husband and her father, Daphne's life is about to be upended like she never would have imagined.

I am in absolute awe of this story. Gideon and Daphne stole all of my heart and then some.

Gideon is the man of my dreams. He just wants to do good but also knows sometimes who have to p
Vania Nunes
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting plot that transports the reader to King Arthur's time and all of Merlin's magic and female worship through Morgana.
There is a treasure hunt, called Thirteen Treasures, and only a direct descendant of Arthur would have powers to deal with such treasure/power.
On top of this treasure hunt, where various families fighting for, there is the encounter of Gideon and Daphne, each with their family problems by virtue of having rude and greedy parents, and a love and complicity born between
Petula
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gideon Kersey is in a very difficult situation. His inheritance is in doubt and a devious man is attempting to manipulate his life.
Our worthy hero must use the gifts of his bloodline and the items he has found to set everything right again.
Daphne Foliot is a very intelligent woman who is fascinated with the life of a woman from long ago. Her father has always encouraged her learning but now wants her to marry a man of his choosing.
A very good adventure and treasure hunt with danger around eve
Mary
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This brings to an end the exciting adventure of the search for the 13 Treasures of Britain. Gideon, a direct descendant of the original Knights of The Round Table, joins a modern version of it in order to hunt for the legendary Arthurian treasure and prevent it from being used for personal gain. Timothy is also obsessed with the treasure and is the head of Camelot, and wants to marry his daughter, Rose, to another KoTR descendant and take over the order. The drama builds through the story, with ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the fourth book in the series but can be read as a standalone since I have not read the previous books. It sucks you in and is an interesting tale, but you have to pay attention from the very beginning so that you do not get lost. Gideon was on an adventure and he wants to fix mistakes he has made and ends up doing that with Daphne, these two had a love hate relationship but I so respected her. She was no pushover and not a nit wit, they were actually perfect for each other..Enjoy!

Rcvd
Isha Coleman
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Their love may change the world, but their secrets could topple a dynasty. More medieval than regency, Captivating the Scoundrel is a fiery read. Burke thrusts readers into an intricately woven tale of drama, mystery and passionate romance. Gideon and Daphne never meant to fall in love. They just couldn't help themselves. I never meant to lose my heart. I just couldn't help myself. Once started, it must be finished. An imaginative adventure.
Elaine
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smashing story. 5☆
Adria's Musings
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Adria's Musings and Reviews.

* A copy of this book was and provided by the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of an honest review. All conclusions are my own responsibility and I was not compensated for this review.

The Story in 4 Sentences or Less: Daphne Foliot is going to be married to a man who is descended from one of King Arthur’s knights, even if she doesn’t want to marry. But when she meets her Gideon Kersey, her intended, she can’t deny their mutual attraction or
MrsMascara
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Helois
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Arthurian lore, secret societies, quest, and romance.

A fitting end to the Legendary Rogues series. Gideon, who in the first two books is a bit of the "bad" guy has turned over a new leaf, and has taken it upon himself to find the 13 treasures of Arthur's Knights and return them to the grave of Gareth (whom he is descended from) and hide it for all time. While a nobel cause..it just wouldn't be a quest if there were not bad guys to make it more interesting. Foliot, the head of camelot, a secret
Becky
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 2/7/19.

What an end to the series!

I'll admit it took me a bit to get into the book at first--I'd been a while since I'd read book 3 ( Lord of Fortune --confession time, it's the only other series book I've read so far, but that will change soon!) and I felt like I was playing catch up for a bit there, trying to remember what the deal was with the Order and Camelot and why people were so annoyed with Gideon. Once those series details were re-established in
Romancing the Book
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Jen
Book provided by Social Butterfly PR

This is the fourth book in a series, but the first one I've read.  I'll admit that I was a little confused for the first couple chapters and really wasn't sure I was going to like where it was going.  I rather got the feeling that this book picks up from the last book in the series and the author just jumps right into the action.

There was a lot of information about Arthurian legends and people introduced right off the bat.  I was overwhelmed and
G.A. Hurst
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivating the Scoundrel is a captivating story of ancient artifacts from King Arthur and his round table. It is also a wonderful romance between unlikely lovers. It’s interesting, well written, and extremely hard to put down. It’s set in August of 1819, Glastonbury.
Daphne Foliot is the daughter of Timothy Foliot. Her father is a member of the Order of the Round Table, but he’s a devious and dangerous man. However, she’s not aware of the truly evil man her father is.
Gideon Kersey, Earl of Stra
Shelby
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
***ARC was provided to me by NetGalley and the publisher for a fair and honest review***

Overall Rating: 3.5/5 A regency romance with tales of King Arthur’s knights and a touch of magic woven in.

Heroine (Daphne Foliot): 3.5/5 She is the daughter of a madman who wields a lot of power. Daphne proves to be adept at lying when needed and is a scholar bent on proving Morgana was a healer rather than a evil sorceress.

Hero (Gideon Kersey): 4/5 He is a viscount who just inherited an earldom from his fath
Pamela
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Gideon Kersey is quickly coming to realize he has been working for the wrong side. The thirteen treasures of Britian must be preserved and the best way to do that is to bury them with his ancestor, Gareth. First, Gideon must find the last article, the cloak. With the help of an unlikely ally, Gideon is certain he can carry out this task.

Daphne Foliot agreed to marry Gideon because her father asked it of her. The fact that he is a descendant of one of Arthur's knights only adds to his appeal. Sti
Lorena
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captivating the Scoundrel is the fourth and final book in Darcy Burke's Legendary Rogues series of Regency romances. It is perfectly enjoyable as a standalone story, but it includes characters introduced in the previous books and references events that took place in those books. I haven’t yet read any of the previous books in the series.

I didn’t care for the opening chapter, but I suspect it would have felt less jarring if I had read the previous books in the series. The second chapter introduce
« previous 1 3 next »

• One Night for Seduction (Wicked Dukes Club #1)
  • One Night of Passion (Wicked Dukes Club #3)
  • One Night to Remember (Wicked Dukes Club #5)
  • Never Say Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #4)
  • Stealing the Duke (The Scandal Sheet, #2)
  • Wish Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #3)
  • Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • The Return of Lady Jane (The Scandal Sheet, #1)
  • Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #2)
  • The Governess (Wicked Wallflowers, #3)
  • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas #6)
  • His Duchess For A Day (The Heart of a Scandal #4)
  • No Other Duke But You (Playful Brides, #11)
  • Rogue Most Wanted (The Cavensham Heiresses #5)
  • Believe in Me (The Worthingtons, #6)
  • Lady No Says Yes (The Scandal Sheet, #3)
  • Too Wicked to Kiss (Gothic Love Stories #1)
  • Lord of Vice (Rogues to Riches, #6)
Darcy Burke is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy, emotional historical and contemporary romance. Darcy wrote her first book at age 11, a happily ever after about a swan addicted to magic and the female swan who loved him, with exceedingly poor illustrations. Join her Reader Club at http://www.darcyburke.com/readerclub.

A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her guit

Legendary Rogues (4 books)
  • Lady of Desire (League of Rogues #1)
  • Romancing the Earl (Legendary Rogues, #2)
  • Lord of Fortune (Legendary Rogues, #3)