Start by marking “Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)” as Want to Read:
Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)

Queen Takes Checkmate

(Their Vampire Queen #5)

The god of light has met his match. But whose life will the red serpent claim?

Killing the queen of New York City has added a million new responsibilities to Shara Isador’s list. The former queen’s Blood must be dealt with before they turn thrall. The queens Keisha Skye coerced into sibling relationships must either be formally sworn to House Isador or freed. Though Shara
Published September 9th 2018 by Joely Sue Burkhart

Start your review of Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)
❤ Bibi ❤
Horizontal divider

What do you do, if you've just taken out the queen of New York City and her demon'ish offspring? Do you take time to relax? Replenish your strength? Or do you set out to kill an immortal God? Well, if you're Shara fucking Isador, you do the latter.

Sometimes you find a series that start out strong, but as the series continues some of the books feel like fillers while you're waiting for the final show down. This couldn't be further from the case with Joely's Their Vampire Queen series. Not only g
Jessica Robbins
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-kindle

Wow just wow!! Just when I think Joely cannot blow my mind anymore she proves me wrong with a story that is so truly incredible that I could not have even dreamed of it. House Isadore is truly amazing and I cannot wait to see what impressive feat they come up with next as the power is off the charts by this point. If you like vampires, power, and poly relationships then you so have to try these books!!!
Danyelle
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

One of the best in the series so far.....ending was a little slow.
Just Josie
There are so many interesting and mysteries things I love in this series.

The mythology.
The world-building.
The Blood.
The “hierarchy”.
The Power, and that’s just to name a few.
Plus the sex is HAWT.

It took a while to get truly captivated by the story, but the final 150 pages did the trick.
I was thinking “3 stars” until the last pages, so it did help on my final rating.

It just such a creative and strangely complex story, and I simply love the fact that vampires can shapeshift.
That gods are the
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
At this point I think Shara has ten men. Taking a hiatus between one book and the next is not making it easy keeping her men’s names and identities straight let alone all her acquaintances etc. I did enjoy the story. With so many men it’s predominately sex but what actual story there was read fun, fast and exciting. A lingering threat has been Ra and Shara doesn’t let things lie, it’s time the two meet and the winner will live. I love that the storyline isn’t dragged out and Shara is really comi ...more
Katyana
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Fuck Ra.

As an aside, does anyone else not really like Daire? He grates on me, honestly. I feel like he's more possessive than Rik (who is so diligent about being fair), and is constantly inserting himself into every moment other people get with Shara. Frankly, I'm hoping one of the other Blood beats his ass. Particularly because now he even takes orders as optional - who cares what he's assigned to do, he's going to just follow Shara into her room, no matter who is supposed to get to
Crystal B
5*****! Dam i forgot how good this series is! On to the last book!
Amber Bryant
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Best book by far!! Loved it!!! Shara is so alive and just an amazing character can’t wait to read more about shara and her blood!
Tiera McMillian
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Raj
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One the best RH series of 2018 and one that you never want to see end.
Coco.V
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/29/2019)! 🎁
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Adrianne
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
description

Oh where do I even start!

This series has dominated my life, my dreams and basically my existence for the short period it took me to read all of the books.

It’s just too good to be true, the balance between erotic parts and the actual mythology of the story is PERFECT. I love fantasy, but it seems that these days it is easier to find an interesting YA fantasy than an adult one. Don’t get me wrong, I love a slow burning YA romance that ends in innuendos and first base, but a girl needs more once in
Stacy B
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's over, or is it?

This has to have been my favorite book of the series Maybe. I like them all it's hard to choose a favorite one I am glad Miss Burkhart said that there would be a sixth book.
Warda
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The series is great, I can't imagine myself no longer reading another book of it. I love Sarah, she's gorgeous, loving vampire, protective when it comes to hurting her beloved ones even though she lived almost her life alone, she finally figured out that she's worthy, and lovable.

"What she takes, she loves, and what she loves, she keeps for all time."
Her blood, ohhh I can't choose a favorite because each one of them has something special about him. The books are all great and amazingly put toge
Puna
Wow!!! This book was bloody amazing! I loved every single sentence. I’m a huge fan of this series and a huge fan of Joely. I’ve been waiting for this book for a long time and it didn’t disappoint. I don’t want to give to much away or spoil anything for anyone but....everything works out! I was very scared after the last book but I trusted Joely.

Shara’s Blood does get bigger so it was awesome but even though this was, I believe, the longest book, it was very fast paced. More so than usual, I mis
Amber Hamblin
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect !!!!

OMGERD!!!

The snark in the book is unreal, we get more time with all the bloods and even gain one!

Ra is battled in this book & the way Shara defeated him was pretty dang smart. The sadness of what she had to do was almost overwhelming but it was needed. The deal that everyone is worried about finds its balance and that gives everyone a chance to breathe deep.

The hormones are raging this book and it was all done rather nicely, it just sucks bc it seems Shara has been on her period sin
Kay
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had my emotions running rampant. I cried, laughed, got angry, cheered, and held my breath. This by far has been the best book of the series. I was able to reminisce about the other books while waiting for what would happen next in the present. I can’t get enough. The sex scenes were OMG steamy!
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I am liking the series much more now that the story is flowing and we aren’t in bed all the time...exactly. It’s reminding me in some ways of Auryn Hadley’s Rise of the Iliri.

Lots going on in this book although it kind of went easy for Shara imo. This is book 5? and we don’t have much struggle from Shara...yet. I wonder if the next book will have the struggle.
The Dark Newsletter.com
Sep 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
#Erotica #New #Release #DarkFantasy #ReverseHarem $4.99
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2MFUjDV
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2Oxy4Sc
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2xqfZON

Subscribe to our newsletter: https://goo.gl/SrUf3e
Or join our group: facebook.com/groups/TheDarkNewsletter/
Ashley Shannon
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart pounding!

Another action packed and full of smexy times!
Shara is a bada.s.s main character.
She does so much in this book.
I never wanted this story to end but I couldn't stop reading.
I'm so glad to know this isn't the end.
Joley's writing is smashing.
5/5!
Pagewonderer
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author delivers another powerful addition to Shara's story line. Action, adventure, and all the steam of past books. The emotional roller coaster of this series is phenomenal. The best part was finding out this isn't the end to Shara's story. The worst part? I ran out of pages.
Nicole Luiken
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, sf-fantasy, romance
Not the last book after all. Yay! This one has the final battle with Ra, saving the Triune for later. Sex, blood, magic.
Calm Your Pits
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing continuation to Shara’s story and I am so glad it ended the way it did. I am excited to learn more in the next book and to read all the novellas along the way too.
Oceans
I loved this one, review to follow
Bubbles The Book Pimp
As usual, with this series, we dive straight in after the events in book 4.

If you haven't read the previous books in this series...STOP ⛔️⛔️⛔️...here be teeny tiny barely there spoilers...go and read the other books first! you wont regret it.

Shara Isador, last in The Isador line descendant to The Goddess Isis and Vampire Queen, with the aid of her ‘blood’ alpha Rik, Daire, G, xin, mehen, Navarre, Ezra with two new bloods X and I has literally kicked Ass and taken names.

More Specifically burnt to
Marian Steward
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very much looking forward to this book and it met all my expectations! I am so glad there will be another book to tie all the loose ends together (esp. the Triune business). Shara Isador is a wonderful heroine and I love the personalities of her Blood. Each is different and unique, but always compliment Shara and her abilities. I highly recommend this series!! However, it is best to start at the beginning and read the books in order. Love, Love, Love and can't wait for more!
Autumn Patterson
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read it in a day!

I love this series! I admire how well the Author can showcase so many characters and keep their personalities straight and true. Shara's blood (harem) are the sexiest and fiercest. Their Queen is a badass who loves them and protects what's hers. Can't wait for the next book In the series.
Mariah
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, bought
Long live the Queen!

I cried. Hard. This book gripped me and wouldn't let me go until it was finished. There was so much emotion and action, I felt immersed in the story so fully that when it ended I was at a loss. The announcement at the end made me so emotional that I cried yet more tears. Shara Isador lives! Long live the queen!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Triad Found (Claimed By The Goddess, #1)
  • Pentacle Bound (Claimed By The Goddess, #2)
  • Elements Tamed (Claimed By The Goddess, #3)
  • Goddess Claimed (Claimed By The Goddess, #4)
  • Magic Unleashed (Claimed by the Goddess, #5)
  • Baby & the Late Night Howlers (Sweet Omegaverse #1)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Power of Lies (The Dark Orchid, #1)
  • A Lost Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #2)
  • Magic of Lust (The Dark Orchid, #2)
  • Spell of Love (The Dark Orchid #3)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)
  • Lola & the Millionaires: Part One (Sweet Omegaverse #2)
  • Crimes of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • For Love of Evil (The Demons' Muse #2)
I write books. Sometimes I even finish them!

Their Vampire Queen (9 books)
  • Queen Takes Knights (Their Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)
  • Queen Takes Queen (Their Vampire Queen, #3)
  • Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)
  • Queen Takes Triune (Their Vampire Queen #6)
  • Queen Takes More (Their Vampire Queen #7)
  • Queen Takes Sunfires (Their Vampire Queen)
  • Queen Takes Jaguars, Queen Takes Darkness, & Queen Takes More

News & Interviews

“Mount Vesuvius has always been my domain. The hottest hells of the earth cannot touch our kind. Know true darkness by how it embraces your fire, your blood, or both, and beware the bright light of day. “Thank you, Father.” 1 likes
“All darkness is yours. A male voice I’d never heard before rasped in my head, each word stretched out as if from a great distance. My daughter.” 1 likes